Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polls Closing in Pennsylvania Congressional Race

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Tis' the age of Trump democrats, not necessarily whom Bannon had callled 'white house democrats' (Jarvanka).

Schumer: Trump 'Made The Right Decision'
    The Daily Caller-8 hours ago
    Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York applauded President Donald Trump Tuesday ....
    Schumer applauds Trump as NRA pushes back
    video.foxnews.com/v/5743395863001/
    Mar 1, 2018

If Schumer wins again, should Trump get credit?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems kinda close.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm calling Saccone by two votes.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm calling Saccone by two votes.
    I say 5.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    In Pennsylvania ? unless things have change , a large amount .
    Well, when they catch em doing that, they should dig em up and cremate em. I doubt a can of ashes would be mistaken for a voter.

Miller by 2
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

99% in:

lamb 49.9% 111,875

saccone 49.5% 111,028

Looks like a recount. Lamb ahead about 850.

Apparently mandatory recount only for state wide voting. They would have to request one here since it is only one district.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-13-2018 at 09:47 PM.

As one reporter reminds us, there's no automatic recount provision for non-statewide Pennsylvania elections - candidates must request a recount, an outcome that is looking increasingly likely.
    No auto recount in non-statewide PA elections, candidates have to request one and need reason for it
    — Jonathan Martin (@jmartNYT) March 14, 2018
    And another reporter points out that there are about 1,200 absentee ballots that won't be counted until tomorrow...so whatever the final outcome is, it won't be available tonight...
    There are 1195 absentee ballots that will not be counted until tomorrow in Washington County #PA18 - so can the race really be decided tonight? In doubt. @CNN https://t.co/r7GIBr0Ws8
    — Michael Smerconish (@smerconish) March 14, 2018

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-18th-district

Saccone needs to ask for a recount.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So what's the moral of the story?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    This is politics, there are no morals allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Yes, and besides that healso needs to win.. or else he might Make Trump Angry Again as some other "loser" Republican did despite being supported by Trump.

Stumping for House candidate Rick Saccone, Trump jumpstarts 2020 election
    WABC-TV Mar 10, 2018

Donald Trump Stumps for Rick Saccone in Pennsylvania | Time
    3 days ago - “I really feel strongly about Rick Saccone,” he said. He praised Saccone as “a very fine human being,” and then got to the point: “We need Republicans. We need the votes.” Saccone then took the microphone to close out the rally. “If President Trump is in your corner,” he roared, “How can you lose?”

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    As one reporter reminds us, there's no automatic recount provision for non-statewide Pennsylvania elections - candidates must request a recount, an outcome that is looking increasingly likely.
    No auto recount in non-statewide PA elections, candidates have to request one and need reason for it
    — Jonathan Martin (@jmartNYT) March 14, 2018
    And another reporter points out that there are about 1,200 absentee ballots that won't be counted until tomorrow...so whatever the final outcome is, it won't be available tonight...
    There are 1195 absentee ballots that will not be counted until tomorrow in Washington County #PA18 - so can the race really be decided tonight? In doubt. @CNN https://t.co/r7GIBr0Ws8
    — Michael Smerconish (@smerconish) March 14, 2018

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-18th-district

Said they are going to do the absentee ballots tonight but could take "a few hours".

Libertarian candidate getting blamed: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...man-in-america

Pa. third-party candidate: I'll soon be 'most hated man in America'

The Libertarian candidate in the special congressional election in Pennsylvania joked that he expected to be “the most hated man in America” as the votes he earned contributed to the race being too close to call late Tuesday night.

“We’re only a few hours away from me being the most hated man in America,” Drew Gray Miller tweeted.

With 99 percent of precincts reporting in Pennsylvania's 18th Congressional District as of roughly 11:30 p.m. EST, the margin between Democrat Conor Lamb and Republican Rick Saccone was just 847 votes.

Meanwhile, Miller had accrued 1,351 votes,
    according to The New York Times.

The Associated Press ruled shortly before 11:30 p.m. that it would not declare a winner on Tuesday night because the race was too close to call.

The race will be determined early Wednesday morning after absentee ballots in Washington County, Pa., are counted.

Miller told ABC News that the close race was "exactly the outcome" he wanted, because it would send a message that every vote matters.

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Its not a recount, they haven't finished counting, the vote is not complete and today is not a result, only a snapshot of the current vote total.

They will count absentee ballots tomorrow (which is funny because aren't absentees supposed to be counted before)?

Reports of Republicans voting for Saccone on e-voting machines and the vote being given to Lamb.

Also reports of Republicans being turned away due to re-districting.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Reports of Republicans voting for Saccone on e-voting machines and the vote being given to Lamb.

Also reports of Republicans being turned away due to re-districting.
    Shocking..

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Libertarian candidate getting blamed: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...man-in-america
    Just the way the LP likes it, nobody will ever vote 3rd party with them making it look like they can't win and all they do is play spoiler.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Come on, Trump just campaigned for the republican, telling his supporters that he needs Saccome win in order to accomplish his agenda. So yea, a win by the D is a loss for Trump.

$#@!ing GOP is going to get blown out of the water in the fall.

And with good reason, they have a frothing, infuriated, rabid opposition just dying to vote against them, while at the same time they $#@! their base and stab knives in their back.

That said, Trump is poison to "downballot" races, just like Obama was before him and Bush before him.

A hated, controversial president does absolutely nothing but inflame and invigorate the opposition by campaigning locally.

Stay the $#@! away.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Come on, Trump just campaigned for the republican, telling his supporters that he needs Saccome win in order to accomplish his agenda. So yea, a win by the D is a loss for Trump.
    Considering the D ran on a pro-gun, pro tariff, anti-pelosi campaign I don't see it as anything but a repudiation of Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

A hated, controversial president does absolutely nothing but inflame and invigorate the opposition by campaigning locally.
    Oh come on, now - that's not true. Have you seen the fundraising numbers!!

I've always said that nothing increases the fundraising of both political parties like a fearful figure in charge and an opposition just within striking distance.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    $#@!ing GOP is going to get blown out of the water in the fall.

And with good reason, they have a frothing, infuriated, rabid opposition just dying to vote against them, while at the same time they $#@! their base and stab knives in their back.

That said, Trump is poison to "downballot" races, just like Obama was before him and Bush before him.

Stay the $#@! away.
    I say the Dems are peaking too early, they will be burned out by the time the mid-terms come.

Blue ebb tide.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There are some remaining votes to be counted, however, including provisional and any military or overseas ballots, which may currently still be in the mail but must be received by the counties by March 20.
    Republicans have not ruled out the possibility of a recount, which isn't mandatory for the district but could be requested by precinct with petitions from voters in the next few days.

Bob Branstetter, a top adviser to Saccone's campaign, told CNN Wednesday morning that the campaign has not discussed a potential recount. But, he said, they are waiting for all votes to be counted before reaching a decision on conceding.
    Matt Gorman, a spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee, said the party is not ruling out the possibility of a recount, and a source familiar with the process told CNN Wednesday morning that the GOP is likely to seek legal action over several areas in this race.
    The party is going to request that all ballots and voting machines are impounded so nothing is tampered with to allow for a likely recount, the source said. They allege reports of "miscalibrations" of several voting machines in Allegheny County, including frozen touchscreens where voters intending to cast their ballot for Saccone were only presented with Lamb. The party also accuses the Allegheny County election board of not letting Republican officials into the room where absentee ballots were being counted.
    The party also said that the Pennsylvania's secretary of state website confused voters by noting new district lines set to take effect in November following the state Supreme Court's order to redraw districts, the source added. Branstetter also said that the campaign received some calls from voters who were confused about whether they could still vote in the 18th District after the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's decision.

More at: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/polit...-+Top+Stories)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Considering the D ran on a pro-gun, pro tariff, anti-pelosi campaign I don't see it as anything but a repudiation of Trump.
    Even if you believe what people say when they are campaigning. That still wouldn't mean he is going to support Trump's agenda. Heck Trump ran as a pro gun candidate and now he supports the anti gun laws sweeping the country. People not just politicians lie when they are trying to court you and this is why people should never believe campaign promises especially when they don't align with the person's history.

Pro tariff you say? Bernie Sander and many democrats are also pro tariff today and anti Pelosi just what democrats in Red states say when they are running, it is standard operating procedure.

i did not follow this race closely and don't know and cannot seem to find information on Saccone's foreign policy beliefs. Did he not give the electorate his views on foreign policy? John Bolton endorsed Saccone. If Saccone did not discuss his foreign policy beliefs, many might wonder what is he hiding, especially if he gave no indication of his beliefs after Bolton endorsed him.

On the other hand, Libertarian Drew Gray Miller clearly called for an end to foreign aid and foreign wars, closure of overseas military bases and bringing all troops home.

On a day when Trump throws out the only somewhat moderate in his cabinet, Rex Tillerson, nominates the bloodthirsty Iran-hating Pompeo as the head of the State Dpt., and nominates a woman who actually engaged in torture of detainees as the head of the CIA, my gut tells me a lot of people on the fence regarding Trump's policies either stayed home, voted Democrat to spite Trump's newest cabinet nominations, or voted Libertarian.

So the moral of the story could be that people were trying to tell Trump they have had enough of this militarism and endless war. The moral of the story could be that if Republicans want to win, they need to embrace the Libertarian faction of their party and embrace a noninterventionist foreign policy.

I doubt that Trump has the humility to consider this, but I think on a day he nominated the worst of interventionists to cabinet positions, many of the heretofore Trump electorate in PA's congressional district 18 may have been totally repulsed by these nominations and may have voted accordingly.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    i did not follow this race closely and don't know and cannot seem to find information on Saccone's foreign policy beliefs. Did he not give the electorate his views on foreign policy? John Bolton endorsed Saccone. If Saccone did not discuss his foreign policy beliefs, many might wonder what is he hiding, especially if he gave no indication of his beliefs after Bolton endorsed him.

On the other hand, Libertarian Drew Gray Miller clearly called for an end to foreign aid and foreign wars, closure of overseas military bases and bringing all troops home.

On a day when Trump throws out the only somewhat moderate in his cabinet, Rex Tillerson, nominates the bloodthirsty Iran-hating Pompeo as the head of the State Dpt., and nominates a woman who actually engaged in torture of detainees as the head of the CIA, my gut tells me a lot of people on the fence regarding Trump's policies either stayed home, voted Democrat to spite Trump's newest cabinet nominations, or voted Libertarian.

So the moral of the story could be that people were trying to tell Trump they have had enough of this militarism and endless war. The moral of the story could be that if Republicans want to win, they need to embrace the Libertarian faction of their party and embrace a noninterventionist foreign policy.

I doubt that Trump has the humility to consider this, but I think on a day he nominated the worst of interventionists to cabinet positions, many of the heretofore Trump electorate in PA's congressional district 18 may have been totally repulsed by these nominations and may have voted accordingly.

This is very dangerous writing, my concern is that any libertarians, anti-war folks, small gummit folks who had not ditched leader-in-chief already would ditch him after reading this post. You should have been more careful with the words.

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post

But dannno and co. tell me its all the art of the deal.

@Swordsmyth

Loyalty to the letter:

Just the way the LP likes it, nobody will ever vote 3rd party with them making it look like they can't win and all they do is play spoiler.
    Maybe the problem's too many voters like yourself, loyal to the party only.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 03-14-2018 at 03:51 PM.

@Swordsmyth

Loyalty to the letter:
    I don't know what your point is or very much about this race but anyone willing to run under the Demoncrat banner can't be very good and isn't to be trusted, if he gets in he will undoubtedly backtrack any good positions he ran on.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast