Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petitions to substitute the Boers for other "refugees"

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    My reply to you here & on the Iran thread was sarcasm- sorry if it didn't come across.
    That's OK.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    It's weird that VDare is pushing this. They're supposed to be anti-immigration, and for keeping America American.

What is it about bringing these white South Africans to the US that fits with that mission?

Shouldn't they be against welcoming these refugees just like they're against welcoming all the other refugees?
    I think their point is exactly what I am saying, if we are going to take in refugees then why not choose those who fit our culture better and who are really in danger.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like I said, lets just sell them or let private individual send them weapons and let them resubjugate their would be masters.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

I saw this video and I immediately thought of u. Anyway, posted to cheer the mood around here up, bump the thread (please sign the petition) and say hi to my friend Lamp.
    Yo, Bro!
    There is no spoon.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Like I said, lets just sell them or let private individual send them weapons and let them resubjugate their would be masters.
    That won't happen, can you hear the cry of "NAZIs" that would echo around the world?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    You would rather not take any new immigrants? Then don't open your house up to them. Most of the country disagrees with you. What's with this "our culture" bull$#@!? Why are you so collectivist? You can just admit that ur racist like ur dad drumpf btw
    What is our culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Get lost, if we are going to take in refugees it might as well be those that are closest to our culture.
    What do you even know about Afrikaner farmers? Are you a Menonite?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    What do you even know about Afrikaner farmers? Are you a Menonite?
    I am a student of history.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

I saw this video and I immediately thought of u. Anyway, posted to cheer the mood around here up, bump the thread (please sign the petition) and say hi to my friend Lamp.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Boers are pretty good people from personal experience. Then again I don't know very many.
    Stop believing stupid things

IIRC, there are interesting parallels between the history of the US (especially the west) and the Boers. There was a similar frontier, cowboy, individualistic "culture", and a rebellious attitude towards the rulers in Europe.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    You would rather not take any new immigrants? Then don't open your house up to them. Most of the country disagrees with you. What's with this "our culture" bull$#@!? Why are you so collectivist? You can just admit that ur racist like ur dad drumpf btw
    Ah, democracy.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ah, democracy.
    Democracy doesn't work either way.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    People who have the free time to blog on /r/SouthAfrica and Quora about how oppressed they are aren't fit for honest to goodness refugee status.
    Last edited by Lamp; 03-14-2018 at 06:04 PM.

I think their point is exactly what I am saying, if we are going to take in refugees then why not choose those who fit our culture better and who are really in danger.
    What is "our culture"? And how do they fit it?

South African food is less common in America than Middle Eastern food is.

Aafricans is a less common language in America than Arabic is.

Is "our culture" a cypher for being white?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    People who have the free time to blog on /r/SouthAfrica and Quora about how how oppressed they are aren't fit for refugee status.
    when the President of the country you live in sings celebratory songs about killing Boers and is making veiled threats, pretty sure its a legitimate reason to be concerned

What is "our culture"? And how do they fit it?

South African food is less common in America than Middle Eastern food is.

Aafricans is a less common language in America than Arabic is.

Is "our culture" a cypher for being white?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    IIRC, there are interesting parallels between the history of the US (especially the west) and the Boers. There was a similar frontier, cowboy, individualistic "culture", and a rebellious attitude towards the rulers in Europe.

They are a branch of the same Christian European culture that we are from and they have similar leanings towards liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Looks like the Aussies are going to take them in.

Australia Examining Fast-Track Visas for Threatened South African Farmers

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rican-farmers/

by Simon Kent 14 Mar 2018

Australia is ready to consider issuing special visas to mainly white, Afrikaans-speaking South African farmers due to the “horrific circumstances” of land seizures, violence and murder they face.

Peter Dutton, Australia’s home affairs minister, told the Sydney Daily Telegraph on Wednesday his department was examining a range of methods to smooth their path to Australia on humanitarian or other visa programs.

As Breitbart News has reported, South Africans are increasingly worried that the government’s plans to expropriate land from white farmers without compensation could destroy the economy and the country’s fragile democracy.

South Africa’s new president Cyril Ramaphosa has vowed to pursue the same course as Zimbabwe’s former leader Robert Mugabe in expropriating farmland from white farmers without compensation.

President Ramaphosa, who replaced Jacob Zuma after years of corruption scandals finally forced the 75-year-old from office, was cheered in the South African parliament as he pledged to “accelerate our land distribution programme … to redress a grave historical injustice [and] make more land available to our people for cultivation.”

Such is the level of violence in South Africa that thousands of mainly white, Afrikaans-speaking farmers have taken to the streets to protest and plead for help.

Last year the October 30th #BlackMonday protests were organised after civil rights group AfriForum released figures claiming the murder rate for South African farmers was 156 per 100,000 — putting it well above the already high national average and making farming arguably the most dangerous occupation in the world outside a warzone.

At the same time, the number of slain farmers, farm workers, and family members — most of them white — had hit 71, surpassing the estimated death toll for 2016.

Now Australia stands ready to offer help.

“If you look at the footage and read the stories, you hear the accounts, it’s a horrific circumstance they face,” Mr. Dutton told the Telegraph.

The home affairs minister noted Australia has refugee, humanitarian and other visa programs which have the “potential to help some of these people”. He said he had asked his department to look at the options “because from what I have seen they do do need help from a civilised country like ours”.

“The people we’re talking about want to work hard, they want to contribute to a country like Australia,” Mr. Dutton continued. “We want people who want to come here, abide by our laws, integrate into our society, work hard, not lead a life on welfare. And I think these people deserve special attention and we’re certainly applying that special attention now.”

Mr. Dutton suggested options included the in-country persecution visa category, and to bring them to Australia on humanitarian visas via referrals from others in Australia.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There was also the parallel of a bunch of savage natives that needed uprooting- all them Injuns & them Messicans. Especially considering America's Manifest Destiny.
    There is no spoon.

Australia Examining Fast-Track Visas for Threatened South African Farmers

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rican-farmers/

by Simon Kent 14 Mar 2018

Australia is ready to consider issuing special visas to mainly white, Afrikaans-speaking South African farmers due to the “horrific circumstances” of land seizures, violence and murder they face.

Peter Dutton, Australia’s home affairs minister, told the Sydney Daily Telegraph on Wednesday his department was examining a range of methods to smooth their path to Australia on humanitarian or other visa programs.

As Breitbart News has reported, South Africans are increasingly worried that the government’s plans to expropriate land from white farmers without compensation could destroy the economy and the country’s fragile democracy.

South Africa’s new president Cyril Ramaphosa has vowed to pursue the same course as Zimbabwe’s former leader Robert Mugabe in expropriating farmland from white farmers without compensation.

President Ramaphosa, who replaced Jacob Zuma after years of corruption scandals finally forced the 75-year-old from office, was cheered in the South African parliament as he pledged to “accelerate our land distribution programme … to redress a grave historical injustice [and] make more land available to our people for cultivation.”

Such is the level of violence in South Africa that thousands of mainly white, Afrikaans-speaking farmers have taken to the streets to protest and plead for help.

Last year the October 30th #BlackMonday protests were organised after civil rights group AfriForum released figures claiming the murder rate for South African farmers was 156 per 100,000 — putting it well above the already high national average and making farming arguably the most dangerous occupation in the world outside a warzone.

At the same time, the number of slain farmers, farm workers, and family members — most of them white — had hit 71, surpassing the estimated death toll for 2016.

Now Australia stands ready to offer help.

“If you look at the footage and read the stories, you hear the accounts, it’s a horrific circumstance they face,” Mr. Dutton told the Telegraph.

The home affairs minister noted Australia has refugee, humanitarian and other visa programs which have the “potential to help some of these people”. He said he had asked his department to look at the options “because from what I have seen they do do need help from a civilised country like ours”.

“The people we’re talking about want to work hard, they want to contribute to a country like Australia,” Mr. Dutton continued. “We want people who want to come here, abide by our laws, integrate into our society, work hard, not lead a life on welfare. And I think these people deserve special attention and we’re certainly applying that special attention now.”

Mr. Dutton suggested options included the in-country persecution visa category, and to bring them to Australia on humanitarian visas via referrals from others in Australia.
    Going anywhere is better than SA but Australia is anti-gun and being flooded with muslims, it may not be better than SA for much longer.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They are a branch of the same Christian European culture that we are from and they have similar leanings towards liberty.
    America has no leanings towards liberty.

And again, who do you mean by "we"?

Do the people in America who are not Christian Europeans have any less of a claim on America than those who are?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    There was also the parallel of a bunch of savage natives that needed uprooting- all them Injuns & them Messicans. Especially considering America's Manifest Destiny.
    If you believe "revisionist and liberal" historians over those who lived at the time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    when the President of the country you live in sings celebratory songs about killing Boers and is making veiled threats, pretty sure its a legitimate reason to be concerned
    When you are represented by two major legal political parties in parliament and control a major portion of the economy your not suffering an existential crisis. Some people are and this goes overlooked. Even now they are doing incredibly well outside of South Africa in countries like the UAE, Canada and Argentina after emigrating from South Africa legally which they could afford to do.
    Last edited by Lamp; 03-14-2018 at 06:14 PM.

I like that idea of fast-track visas. Don't allocate any funding to them, just let them come here and pay their way or find people to voluntarily help them.

Same goes for all other refugees.

We have more than the rest of the world.

And again, who do you mean by "we"?

Do the people in America who are not Christian Europeans have any less of a claim on America than those who are?
    Euro-Whites are the dominant culture in America, get over it, we have accepted more cultural elements from minorities than most other cultures have in history and we don't have to give up our own.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quite right.

Due in no small part to allowing the wretched refuse of every nation of the world to come here and stake a claim, without having the slightest notion or giving a solid $#@! about how it takes a free society to create wealth and opportunity.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Due in no small part to allowing the wretched refuse of every nation of the world to come here and stake a claim, without having the slightest notion or giving a solid $#@! about how it takes a free society to create wealth and opportunity.
    If I own land and sell it to someone you consider wretched refuse, that's between me and them. What business do you, or the rest of "America" have not allowing it?

If I own land and sell it to someone you consider wretched refuse, that's between me and them. What business do you, or the rest of "America" have not allowing it?
    Because we have a right to keep out those who would erect a tyranny around us.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast