Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump says Rex Tillerson out as Secretary of State, replaced by Mike Pompeo

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    at 2:40 mark . . . Quayle gets scorched and roasted

I remember that moment. It was hilarious. If you look at Bentson's face just as Quayle drops the JFK bomb, you can see him smile. He was prepared for that moment. 1988 was closer to the JFK administration than it is to today. As the Stones said, "It's a drag to get older."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

"Always on the same wavelength" with Pompeo.

Haspel is an "outstanding person."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This kind of thing will get you banned in short order.

If you mean zionists say zionists.
    He doesn't.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    just for the record....

Pompeo visited Ukraine in early March, had "secret meeting" with Poroshenko - Lyashko
    Interfax

Trump just added another layer of arrogance and myopia to his 'team'.
    Listen to ANY of his interviews. Pompeo is intransigent and hardened in EVERY single opinion he expresses.
    This is the new FACE of the Empire.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

According to the Moscow Times, Russian senators have expressed cautious optimism over Donald Trump's announcement of Mike Pompeo as the new U.S. Secretary of State. “Russia will cooperate with those who are appointed to this or another post in the Trump administration,” the state-run RIA Novosti news agency cited senior Federation Council senator Yevgeny Serebrennikov as saying Tuesday.
    Throwing some shade at failed attempts at detente between Putin and Trump, Serebrennikov addded that "we pursued and are pursuing a course to reduce tensions in relations between our countries, but our partners do not see this aspiration."
    The Federation Council's International Affairs Committee deputy chairman Vladimir Dzhabarov said that Pompeo "may have the chance to become a man who will stop our relations from dropping rock-bottom,” the RBC business portal reported.
    Meanwhile, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova reacted to the news with an ironic “have they started blaming Russia for Washington’s staff reshuffles yet?” question in remarks to Interfax.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ecretary-state

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh great the CIA is now in control of our foreign policy. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Oh great the CIA is now in control of our foreign policy. What could possibly go wrong?

Relax. All part of Trump's Genius Master Plan (TM) 46D chess and all that. /s
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Interesting: The new CIA Director Haspel, who "tortured some folks," probably can't travel to the EU to meet other spy chiefs without facing arrest due to an @ECCHRBerlin complaint to Germany's federal prosecutor. Details: https://t.co/7q4euQKtm7
    — Edward Snowden (@Snowden) March 13, 2018

More at: https://www.infowars.com/snowden-cri...rture-program/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Supposedly the new CIA director Gina Haspel is pro torture just like Trump promised when he was running for president.
    Gina Haspel the Torture Demon

Gina Haspel … played a leading role in running a US torture site abroad and later destroyed the evidence of it. In 2002, she oversaw a secret prison in Thailand that tortured two terrorism suspects. That torture took place within the CIA’s “extraordinary rendition” program, in which suspected terrorists are sent to US allies, and interrogated in “black sites” on their soil.

One of the men … was waterboarded 83 times in one month and was slammed into walls by the head. He was deprived of sleep and kept in a coffin-like box. Interrogators later decided he didn’t have any useful information. …

Haspel personally signed cables to CIA headquarters that detailed Zubayda’s interrogation. CIA videos of the torture were destroyed in 2005, on the orders of a cable drafted by Haspel. … “The cable left nothing to chance. It even told them how to get rid of the tapes,” … “They were to use an industrial-strength shredder to do the deed.” …

The European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights … has been pushing Germany’s public prosecutor to arrest Haspel for her role in the torture program. …

New secretary of state Mike Pompeo has also defended US torture. …
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Couldn't do the firing in person- had to do it on Twitter.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-13-2018 at 06:52 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I smell Hebrews.
    I don't get it. Did u not smell it during the campaign? Or by the people he surrounds himself with. Trump love for the jewish people, Israel, zionism is one thing most consistent about him.

This is why I was so confused when some of u white nationalists kept supporting him despite this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So now the CIA is officially in charge of our foreign policy, only good can come from that.
    Nothing good has ever come out of the CIA.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Gina Haspel the Torture Demon

Gina Haspel … played a leading role in running a US torture site abroad and later destroyed the evidence of it. In 2002, she oversaw a secret prison in Thailand that tortured two terrorism suspects. That torture took place within the CIA’s “extraordinary rendition” program, in which suspected terrorists are sent to US allies, and interrogated in “black sites” on their soil.

One of the men … was waterboarded 83 times in one month and was slammed into walls by the head. He was deprived of sleep and kept in a coffin-like box. Interrogators later decided he didn’t have any useful information. …

Haspel personally signed cables to CIA headquarters that detailed Zubayda’s interrogation. CIA videos of the torture were destroyed in 2005, on the orders of a cable drafted by Haspel. … “The cable left nothing to chance. It even told them how to get rid of the tapes,” … “They were to use an industrial-strength shredder to do the deed.” …

The European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights … has been pushing Germany’s public prosecutor to arrest Haspel for her role in the torture program. …

New secretary of state Mike Pompeo has also defended US torture. …

Most definitely an "outstanding person." But not in a good way.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I don't get it. Did u not smell it during the campaign? Or by the people he surrounds himself with. Trump love for the jewish people, Israel, zionism is one thing most consistent about him.

This is why I was so confused when some of u white nationalists kept supporting him despite this fact.
    This is going to unleash WW3. Israel is adamant that Assad must go and right now is butthurt that the terrorists lost. The only reason the US is still in Syria is to help regroup, rearm and rebrand the remaining terrorists for the another round. Russia will not allow Assad to fall. This sets up an inevitable military confrontation between Russia and the US, which could come at any time. I smell chemical weapons.

Belgium is handing out free iodine pills. Not a bad precaution since the NATO headquarters is a no-brainer priority target.
    Last edited by Vieux Canard; 03-13-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Canard View Post
    This is going to unleash WW3. Israel is adamant that Assad must go and right now is butthurt that the terrorists lost. The only reason the US is still in Syria is to help regroup, rearm and rebrand the remaining terrorists for the another round. Russia will not allow Assad to fall. This sets up an inevitable military confrontation between Russia and the US, which could come at any time. I smell chemical weapons.

Belgium is handing out free iodine pills. Not a bad precaution since the NATO headquarters is a no-brainer priority target.
    Gerisamov today basically called the hegemons out: (Russian MoD.. 'Mad Dog's counterpart )

We know who/how and where you are going to stage the 'chemical' false flag op... complete with White Helmets/Production Crew/Satellite uplink.
    We know you are planning to then strike.
    Do it, and we will take out your missiles, aircraft and carrier.

Watch:

Hopefully.. this worked today.
    Both militaries are said to have open lines of communication and are in contact.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 03-13-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Hopefully.. this worked today.

Don't you remember? Trump's an "alpha ." That was one of his "poistive" traits during the campaign. That $#@! is like waving a red cape in front of a bull to him.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Don't you remember? Trump's an "alpha ." That was one of his "poistive" traits during the campaign. That $#@! is like waving a red cape in front of a bull to him.
    Like I added: Both militaries are said to have open lines of communication and are in contact.

The military is a 'different world' apart from ALL other influences. It really is.
    Emotions and rhetoric aside they think in terms of lethal force only and weigh it, not the political aftermath.
    It's all they do.
    That's a good thing.

It's when they CLOSE off communication we should REALLY be worried.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 03-13-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Snowden pops in:

Last edited by AZJoe; 03-13-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Throwback from Assange:

From Liberty Blitzkrieg:

Here’s the bottom line. As I outlined multiple times last year, Trump is determined to have a war with Iran and Rex Tillerson was standing in the way. Putting unhinged war hawk Pompeo in place as Secretary of State is simply Trump getting his ducks in a row ahead of confrontation. Watch as the sales pitch for another war in the Middle East picks up considerably in the months ahead. …

I believe this forthcoming war against Iran will have almost no international support. … just autocratic regimes in the Middle East like Saudi Arabia and the UAE, as well as Israel and possibly the UK … The rest of the world will be against it, which will lead to spectacular failure. ...
    Such a confrontation is now increasingly likely with Tillerson out of the picture

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    He doesn't.
    Once I would have said it didn't matter. Then I discovered mondoweiss.net

Tulsi Gabbard:

From Liberty Blitzkrieg:

Here’s the bottom line. As I outlined multiple times last year, Trump is determined to have a war with Iran and Rex Tillerson was standing in the way. Putting unhinged war hawk Pompeo in place as Secretary of State is simply Trump getting his ducks in a row ahead of confrontation. Watch as the sales pitch for another war in the Middle East picks up considerably in the months ahead. …

I believe this forthcoming war against Iran will have almost no international support. … just autocratic regimes in the Middle East like Saudi Arabia and the UAE, as well as Israel and possibly the UK … The rest of the world will be against it, which will lead to spectacular failure. ...
    Such a confrontation is now increasingly likely with Tillerson out of the picture
    Yup. Except that all the signs point to a war with Russia over Syria long before the JCPOA is dead enough that Iran returns to producing 20% uranium to fuel their US supplied reactor that makes isotopes to treat cancer patients.

Stephen Lendman:

Pompeo is the latest in a long line of rogue CIA directors. The agency's diabolical agenda is incompatible with democratic values and rule of law principles. It's largely a global Mafia hit squad, its unchecked power threatening everyone. As long as the agency exists, no one anywhere is safe.

Pompeo is a neocon hawk, fully supporting Washington's imperial agenda, its permanent war on humanity - beliefs incompatible with diplomacy. …

He's militantly anti-Russia, anti-Iran, anti-North Korea, anti-other sovereign independent governments, anti-world peace and stability.
    He lied calling Iran "a very dangerous threat to the United States…the world's largest state sponsor of terror (with) a significant foothold in Syria."
    He lied saying Russia is America's "enemy," its intervention in Syria (at the behest of its government) certainly…worse for the Syrian people."
    He lied claiming "America's interests (involve) providing the conditions (for) a more stable Middle East."
    He lied calling Assad "a puppet of the Iranians…not a stabilizing influence in Syria."
    He lied calling Hezbollah an Iranian "proxy" force, pursuing an "expansionist" agenda with Tehran.
    He lied claiming Russia isn't combating ISIS in Syria. He lied saying Washington is "diligently working to defeat ISIS" it supports.
    He lied calling North Korea an existential threat, saying it's "a handful of months" away from being able to attack America with nuclear weapons.
    He threatened Russia, saying "America has an obligation to push back against" Putin.

He's a rogue actor … His undiplomatic record in Congress and at Langley should have automatically disqualified him. …
    Pompeo earlier said waterboarding and other enhanced interrogation methods don't constitute torture. He called CIA operatives using them "patriots."

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Nothing good has ever come out of the CIA.
    I'm no expert, but:

That sure looks like the makings of a coup to me. Esp. given that agencies history of such in other countries.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PCR:

The firing of Secretary of State Tillerson, the movement of CIA Director Pompeo to Secretary of State, and the promotion of Gina Haspel, who oversaw the secret CIA torture prisons in Thailand, indicate that the military/security complex has closed its grip on the Trump regime. There will be no more talk of normalizing relations with Russia.

The combination of the Israel Lobby, the neoconservatives, and the military/security complex have proven to be too powerful for peace to be established between the two nuclear powers. … Israel remains determined to use the US military to destabilize Syria and Iran … The neoconservatives both support Israel’s interest and their own desire for Washington’s hegemony over the world. The military/security complex intends to hold on to the “Russia threat” as a justification of its budget and power.

The presstitutes are in complete harmony with the scheme. … Russiagate has been proven to be false charges orchestrated by the DNC, FBI, and CIA, the presstitutes continue to repeat the charges … now we have a new charge, that Putin ordered a former British spy in England to be eliminated while sitting on a park bench with the use of a highly unlikely form of military poison. The charge is preposterous, but that is not preventing the fiction from becoming fact.

Having served in Washington for a quarter century and having known members of the British government, I do not believe that any of them believe the Russiagate and Skripal poisoning stories. What is happening is that an agenda has taken precedence over truth.

This is an extremely dangerous agenda. Russia’s new weapons easily give Russia military superiority over the US. As China and Iran see the situation similarly to the Russians, the US is greatly out-classed. Yet, Washington and its vassals persist in making violent and false charges … Confronting an endless string of false and hostile charges, they prepare for war.

The world is being driven to war, which would be nuclear, by a tiny minority: Israeli Zionists, neoconservatives, and the US military/security complex. We are witnessing the most reckless and irresponsible behavior in world history. …

Great analysis. thnx 4 posting...
    (why does that guy look like Paul Simon??? Is it just the haircut??? hahaha)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast