Thread: College student kicked out of class for telling professor there are only two genders

College student kicked out of class for telling professor there are only two genders

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/12...o-genders.html

A religious studies major was barred from Christianity class at Indiana University of Pennsylvania for saying during class that there are only two genders.Lake Ingle, a senior at the university, said he was silenced and punished by IUP Professor Alison Downie for questioning her during a Feb. 28 “Christianity 481: Self, Sin, and Salvation” lecture.After showing a 15-minute TED Talk by transgender ex-pastor Paula Stone Williams discussing the “reality” of “mansplaining,” “sexism from men,” and “male privilege,” the professor asked the women in the class to share their thoughts. When no women in the class said anything, Ingle spoke up, challenging the professor on biology and the gender wage gap. He told the class that the official view of biologists is that there are only two genders.The feminist professor booted him from class and asked him not to come back. She referred him to the public university’s Academic Integrity Board (AIB). Ingle needs to complete the class to graduate at the end of the semester.“You are barred from attending this class in accordance with the Classroom Disruption policy,” IUP Provost Timothy Moerland told Ingle in a March 2 letter.Lake IngleDr. Alison Downie referred student, Lake Ingle, to IUP's Academic Integrity Board, originally asking for a forced apology and an opportunity to silence and lecture him. She eventually decided to banish him from class. (Lake Ingle)Ingle said what the professor did was unconstitutional.“My professor is violating my First Amendment rights because of the fact that my views and ideology is different from hers,” Ingle told Fox News. “So she took it on herself to silence and embarrass me – bully me – for speaking up in class.”Downie accused the conservative libertarian student of “disrespectful objection,” “refusal to stop talking out of turn,” “angry outbursts in response to being required to listen to a trans speaker discuss the reality of white male privilege and sexism,” and “disrespectful references to the validity of trans identity and experience.”Ingle doesn’t see this as a transgender, women’s rights, or wage issue, but rather as free speech and an example of the constant misuse of intellectual power at universities.“It is my firmest belief that every human being has the freedom and right to identify, dress, and represent oneself as they see fit,” Ingle said. “I think this is all an attempt to silence my views personally because they contradict the ones she pushes in class so evidently.”COLLEGE LIBRARIANS ARGUE CHRISTIANS WHO SAY ‘GOD BLESS YOU’ ARE ISLAMOPHOBICIngle objected to Downie’s “overall abuse” as a professor “indoctrinating” students because she won’t listen to the other side of a controversial argument.“You can’t say that anecdotal evidence is fact,” Ingle said. “My professor pretty much just tried to shut me up because she was just letting women speak. I brought up the fact that biologists don’t agree that there’s more than two genders and I said the wage gap she’s referring to – 77 cents on the dollar – that even the New York Times debunked that.”Downie and Ingle had an AIB hearing Friday, with a ruling set for March 19.If the board rules against Ingle, he won’t graduate in May. Regardless, he plans on someday becoming a professor.“When you see that kind of misuse of intellectual power, you want to be the person that comes back and does it responsibly and with morals,” Ingle said. “Instead of being the purveyor of your ideology, you can be an educator.”WAYNE STATE REVERSES SCHOOL’S DECISION TO BOOT CHRISTIAN GROUP OFF CAMPUSThe university was unable to comment due to student education records, and Downie did not immediately respond to requests for comment.Caleb Parke is an associate editor for FoxNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter
    Last edited by Danke; 03-12-2018 at 09:43 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That professors jimmies are rustled.

This is why liberty people need to be writing their representatives (state and US) and insisting they yank the funding.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Wall O' Text...tl;dr

Did she tell him that science is wrong in a religion class? She could have stopped there and not been a complete bitch about it.

After showing a 15-minute TED Talk by transgender ex-pastor Paula Stone Williams discussing the “reality” of “mansplaining,” “sexism from men,” and “male privilege,”
    Transplaining mansplaining.

Can't graduate? File a lawsuit to have his tuition reimbursed along with wages lost for the time spent in class.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wall O' Text...tl;dr
    go to the link, dink.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    go to the link, dink.
    Just had this conversation on another thread.

Separate the paragraphs so this crap is readable. No one will go to the link if your post doesn't catch some attention with a phrase or 2.
    There is no spoon.

Is there going to be a point at which sane people stop caring about the gibbering of trans-species/whatever people?

If so, I think it ought to have been the day before yesterday.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/12...o-genders.html

Indiana University of Pennsylvania student, Lake Ingle, was barred from class for speaking as a man and refuting his professor's claims. (Lake Ingle)

A religious studies major was barred from Christianity class at Indiana University of Pennsylvania for saying during class that there are only two genders.

Lake Ingle, a senior at the university, said he was silenced and punished by IUP Professor Alison Downie for questioning her during a Feb. 28 “Christianity 481: Self, Sin, and Salvation” lecture.

After showing a 15-minute TED Talk by transgender ex-pastor Paula Stone Williams discussing the “reality” of “mansplaining,” “sexism from men,” and “male privilege,” the professor asked the women in the class to share their thoughts. When no women in the class said anything, Ingle spoke up, challenging the professor on biology and the gender wage gap.

He told the class that the official view of biologists is that there are only two genders.

The feminist professor booted him from class and asked him not to come back. She referred him to the public university’s Academic Integrity Board (AIB). Ingle needs to complete the class to graduate at the end of the semester.

“You are barred from attending this class in accordance with the Classroom Disruption policy,” IUP Provost Timothy Moerland told Ingle in a March 2 letter.

Dr. Alison Downie referred student, Lake Ingle, to IUP's Academic Integrity Board, originally asking for a forced apology and an opportunity to silence and lecture him. She eventually decided to banish him from class. (Lake Ingle)

Ingle said what the professor did was unconstitutional.

“My professor is violating my First Amendment rights because of the fact that my views and ideology is different from hers,” Ingle told Fox News. “So she took it on herself to silence and embarrass me – bully me – for speaking up in class.”

Downie accused the conservative libertarian student of “disrespectful objection,” “refusal to stop talking out of turn,” “angry outbursts in response to being required to listen to a trans speaker discuss the reality of white male privilege and sexism,” and “disrespectful references to the validity of trans identity and experience.”

Ingle doesn’t see this as a transgender, women’s rights, or wage issue, but rather as free speech and an example of the constant misuse of intellectual power at universities.

“It is my firmest belief that every human being has the freedom and right to identify, dress, and represent oneself as they see fit,” Ingle said. “I think this is all an attempt to silence my views personally because they contradict the ones she pushes in class so evidently.”

ngle objected to Downie’s “overall abuse” as a professor “indoctrinating” students because she won’t listen to the other side of a controversial argument.

“You can’t say that anecdotal evidence is fact,” Ingle said. “My professor pretty much just tried to shut me up because she was just letting women speak. I brought up the fact that biologists don’t agree that there’s more than two genders and I said the wage gap she’s referring to – 77 cents on the dollar – that even the New York Times debunked that.”

Downie and Ingle had an AIB hearing Friday, with a ruling set for March 19.

If the board rules against Ingle, he won’t graduate in May. Regardless, he plans on someday becoming a professor.

“When you see that kind of misuse of intellectual power, you want to be the person that comes back and does it responsibly and with morals,” Ingle said. “Instead of being the purveyor of your ideology, you can be an educator.”

The university was unable to comment due to student education records, and Downie did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

What I have never understood is why don't women just say thank you when they have something mansplained to them?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Just had this conversation on another thread.

Separate the paragraphs so this crap is readable. No one will go to the link if your post doesn't catch some attention with a phrase or 2.
    In China, can’t use full-up site easily.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-28-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

still waiting for the first idiot to attempt to correct me on their pronoun(s) or gender count. It will be interesting.
    I love my country, but I fear my government

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthhurtsthefed View Post
    still waiting for the first idiot to attempt to correct me on their pronoun(s) or gender count. It will be interesting.
    That's not how it works. You will be contacted by HR, sent to sensitivity training and put on probation for 3 months. They need to show they take it seriously.

Since it was a religion class and Christianity the religion, he should have simply pointed to this scripture.....
    Genesis 1:27 So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. NRS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Since it was a religion class and Christianity the religion, he should have simply pointed to this scripture.....
    That would have gotten him in worse trouble.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That would have gotten him in worse trouble.
    lol, a professor once tried that crap on me.... said I would get a bad grade in the class... I told him I wasn't there to get grades but to learn something.... I then implied he was there just to earn money.

Education is NOT about learning what the world actually is.

Education is Force. Education is the extension of the rulers to forcibly repeat propaganda. Education is training to accept brainwashing. Education has an expectation to accept any idea presented by the "teacher", the same way the church called Galileo a Heretic for even entertaining the idea that there are more worlds than just the earth and the universe does not revolve around the earth.

Education has several purposes. The first of which is create a fixed set of reactions to authority. That reaction is to immediately lower ones mental defenses against bull$#@! and blindly accept what ever they are told to be true instead of backing up their statements with practical application and testing themselves instead of the students. Thus, educators dont teach that Math works because "watch this", then give examples. Education is about "math works because Govt says it does". Its quite funny how math doesnt ever work in Economics. Our schools today do not create equality in communities by objectifying what is known to be true.

Schools are merely Mass Psychology Indoctrination Centers that are apparently intentionally manufacturing conflict over the most basic concepts of knowledge. They are Divisive. They divide those who believe the data against those that do not. They divide males against females, and systematically exclude those who may not fall into either category cleanly, such as hermaphrodites. Schools divide young against old by teaching something completely contradictory. Schools are creating Gender Identity Confusion. Schools teach Dependency. Schools teach to harass and shun any who are not just like them. Schools retard maturity. Schools destroy Individuality. Schools break students spirits that they may be remolded into the imperfect obedient worker, designed to service the Industrial Revolution, which is no longer underway, thus leaving them with no place or purpose. The lessons of schools is the Tests themselves, not the subject matter. Schools prey in a predatory fashion on the natural imperfections of the human psyche to accept programming without challenge. Schools give rigorous tests frequently to create crosstalk interference between System 1 and System 2 of the mind which results in a negative association with learning. Schools intend on stupidifying the smart. Schools destroy Common Sense.

John Taylor Gatto - The Purpose Of Schooling (in America)
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...g-(in-America)

If youve watched this video, does anyone think that the Purposes described in the video are EXACTLY performed in this particular lesson? Might these purposes apply to EVERY lesson in as many schools as can be had?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The posting that timosman put up explains why the student was booted from class. I don't see anything in it about there being more or less than two genders. It's basically about class disruption, speaking out of turn, etc.
    That is the reason the stated by the professor, could very well be.like all the people that get arrested for "resisting arrest" or charged with assaulting a police officer simply for putting their face where the cops fist is headed.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 03-13-2018 at 05:59 PM.