Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL-State house passes bill to confiscate semiauto guns belonging to 18-20 year olds

Exclamation IL-State house passes bill to confiscate semiauto guns belonging to 18-20 year olds

And in reading the bill, there is no mention of compensation.

State Congress Passes Bill to Confiscate Legal Guns from All 18-20-year-olds

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sta...-20-year-olds/

The Illinois House has passed a bill that will force legal gun owners to turn in their weapons to the government or become criminals overnight.

By Matt Agorist - March 11, 2018

Illinois — The Illinois House has passed a bill that will require legal gun owners to hand over ownership of heretofore legally possessed guns. Now, this most tyrannical bill has moved to the Senate and is one step away from becoming law.

The bill, HB 1465 was sponsored in the House by Rep. Michelle Mussman (D-Schaumburg) and passed with a vote of 64-51 last month.

The legislation would prohibit anyone under 21-years-old from buying or possessing commonly-owned semi-automatic rifles, high-capacity weapons that can hold more than ten rounds, their subsequent attachments, and .50-caliber rifles and cartridges.

They would have 90 days to turn in their guns to the government or become criminals.

Naturally, those opposed to the bill have been outspoken pointing out the tyranny of the government stealing once-legally owned property from individuals based on the arbitrary number of birthdays they’ve had.

Mussman claims that the bill won’t have cops going door to door to confiscate weapons—yet—but it will make keeping your once-legal gun a crime.

Rest assured that this is the exact same model that Donald Trump is pushing for on the federal level as he has already been outspoken about taking guns from 18-20-year-old adults.

Earlier this month, President Donald Trump betrayed his base and Americans in general as he advocated for confiscating guns with no due process.

“I like taking the guns early like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

This blatant attack on the very thing that makes America great, due process, has been in the making since before the Florida shooting, but Trump appears to be striking while the iron is hot.

And his supporters couldn’t care less.

Earlier this month, president Trump told a group of lawmakers that they must do something to keep guns away from mentally ill individuals – even if that means raising the minimum age for rifle ownership to 21 and making all 18-20 year-olds who have guns, criminals overnight. He is also going after gun parts as well.

His attack on the Constitution has gotten him praise by the left and is met with silence by his supporters who are conducting mental gymnastics to praise this man who is calling for the removal of due process and the removal of their right to self-defense.

While the current legislation in Illinois claims to only go after semi-automatic rifles, the wording of the bill also makes it possible to go after handguns too if they decide to interpret the definition in a certain way.

As the bill states, it will ban any weapon with “a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel.”

This could technically be applied to most modern handguns.

Indeed, the now-expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban included a barrel shroud in its list of features for which a semi-automatic pistol could be banned (two features in the list were required), the logic being that a barrel shroud would be cool enough for a shooter to grip and better control their firearm.

It seems that the hollow claim by government that “nobody wants to confiscate your guns” is nothing more than a pack of lies used to calm those who aren’t paying attention.

Make no mistake, even if this bill does not affect you directly, it is just the beginning. Government works in increments to erode everyone’s rights but slowly enough so people can continue to think “it won’t affect me.” Remember this warning for the future as more and more people are stripped of their right to defend themselves—first, they came for the under 21-year-olds.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First they came for the young adults guns.......

Apparently all it took was one blow hard with a bully pulpit to open the flood gates to every pernicious victim disarmament (gun control) law the stupid, insane or evil gun grabbers have had on their wish lists for the last couple of decades.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

And as I recall,, IllNoise has strict gun registration upon purchase so they already know who the created criminals are.

I would think it would be a dangerous place to be right now.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    And as I recall,, IllNoise has strict gun registration upon purchase so they already know who the created criminals are.

I would think it would be a dangerous place to be right now.

NICS amounts to de facto federal registration of every new firearm purchase since it went into effect. The FBI has been caught numerous times retaining these records long after they were legally required to destroy them with no consequences whatsoever. Just sayin'.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The land of Lincoln: enslaving free men since 1861.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    NICS amounts to de facto federal registration of every new firearm purchase since it went into effect. The FBI has been caught numerous times retaining these records long after they were legally required to destroy them with no consequences whatsoever. Just sayin'.
    That too,, but state specific,,
    https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FOID.aspx

FOID ,,,Firearm Owners Identification
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

That too,, but state specific,,
    https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FOID.aspx

FOID ,,,Firearm Owners Identification

Yep. That system has been in place at least since the 1970s. IIRC it grew out of Cook County. So many abominations originate in Cook County.
    Chris

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Clearly and blatantly unconstitutional.

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
    No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Clearly and blatantly unconstitutional.
    Take the guns now, we'll worry about the constitution later.

Just imagine if Obama had tried this or said this.

I will never vote GOP for president again for the rest of my life.

The only thing those worthless $#@!s are good for is being an opposition party.

Bought my Marlin Model 60 semi-automatic 22lr when I was just a kid. Holds 14 rounds in the magazine tube.

I just can't imagine them coming by and confiscating it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Just make sure to vote for the candidate not the party, Rand will be a Republican if he runs again and so might other true liberty candidates.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Well , I never thought trump would have a primary opponent of any significance , but might now .Illinois is basically like an east coast state in middle america . This is clearly against the law so it should be challenged in court immediately . I will chip in a couple bucks if anyone is working on it already .

Moral: Don't ever register your guns.

“This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!”
    - Adolph Hitler April 15, 1935
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Just make sure to vote for the candidate not the party, Rand will be a Republican if he runs again and so might other true liberty candidates.
    Unfortunately, the GOP challengers in the Primary to Trump will probably be big government neocons/teocons like Kucinich John Kasich and Flake.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-13-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Wrong name.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The majority of Congess fully agrees with any big government warfare-welfare state actions, thus they don't give a damn about Constitutional process or constraints. It is not rule of law, it is rule of the plutocracy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Moral: Don't ever register your guns.
    In New Jerky, Ill-Annoy and Massholechusetts you have no choice.

There may be other states, but I know in those three, every firearm purchase is recorded and stored in a central state database.

There may be other states, but I know in those three, every firearm purchase is recorded and stored in a central state database.
    Hell, you even have to sign a document basically saying you aren't part of any groups that want to take over the govt.

Yep. That system has been in place at least since the 1970s. IIRC it grew out of Cook County. So many abominations originate in Cook County.
    Abeominations

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Hell, you even have to sign a document basically saying you aren't part of any groups that want to take over the govt.
    Excluding Democrats and Republicans, of course.

They do not ask me that here . Guess they know I would laugh at them .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They do not ask me that here . Guess they know I would laugh at them .
    Did your forebears ever make peace with the White Chief?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Did your forebears ever make peace with the White Chief?
    No .Never . We will sign no treaty . That is why we had to buy our land instead of being given a pc .

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Abeominations

LOL!
    Chris

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I still have a copy of my NJ FOID and Handgun Purchase Permits

Theres always a choice. The Illusion is that a person is not offered a choice, and they will always threaten violence against the people to protect themselves.

And like Ron Paul said, making anything illegal only creates a Black Market for it. Thus, if unregistered firearms are made illegal, it is the govt, not the people, that created the underground gun market.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I still have a copy of my NJ FOID and Handgun Purchase Permits
    so do they
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

so do they
    I'm quite sure of it Pete.

I'm so far in the matrix it's not even funny.

I'm in 10 government databases that I can think off the top of my head, which means I'm probably in three times that amount.

I bought a new firearm once, lost it when hiking in the woods. I bought another one and lost it when I fell into a river. I have really bad luck.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Unfortunately, the GOP challengers in the Primary to Trump will probably be big government neocons/teocons like Kucinich and Flake.

Kuchinch is neither a Republican, nor anything remotely resembling a neocon. He's a non interventionist, on the Ron Paul Institute Advisory Board, and running for Ohio governor as a Democrat.

Here are the facts. Kucinich has long been a supporter of nonintervention overseas. That includes in Syria. Over his 16 years in the House as a Democratic representative from Ohio, Kucinich opposed US “regime change” efforts and wars no matter the political party affiliations of the president and congressional leadership pushing such. Kucinich has also long been an opponent of so-called globalist policies in the form of huge international trade deals.

Kucinich, who served in Congress as a Democrat and is now running for Ohio governor in that party’s primary, has not been a party-line guy who follows leadership orders and blindly joins in whatever attacks are being hurled at people in the opposing political party. If, in his judgement, he sees a Republican is being unfairly attacked, do not be surprised to see Kucinich defend the Republican or at least refrain from joining in the attack.

Indeed, Kucinich’s independence has enabled him to consistently take his stands against foreign intervention and huge trade deals even when his party leadership supported the opposite.

On these issues, as well as others including opposing the USA PATRIOT Act, Kucinich would work with like-minded Republicans in the House. Among them was then-Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX). In fact, Paul was so impressed by his interactions with Kucinich that, when Paul decided to found the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity (RPI) after leaving the House, Paul invited Kucinich to join the institute’s Advisory Board. Kucinich accepted the invitation and spoke at the 2013 event announcing the institute’s formation as well as at RPI’s 2017 annual conference.

In his speech at the 2013 RPI inaugural event, Kucinich said, “I’m shoulder to shoulder with Ron Paul in being concerned about how war enables the state to become more powerful; and, as a result, it deprives our citizens not only of economic vitality, but also of civil liberties.” Continuing, Kucinich expressed that RPI “has so much importance because it will provide a place for people to gather from across the political spectrum so that we can as Americans address our common concerns about freedom, about peace, about prosperity, and, in doing so, help to rescue our country from a trajectory that it’s on right now that can only lead to our destruction.”

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...ws-connection/
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast