Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump to push raising age limit to buy firearms

Thumbs down Trump to push raising age limit to buy firearms

More gun control from the White House:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3869136
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I heard he's backing off the age limit now?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-h...uns-1520811900

The White House on Sunday announced a plan to reduce gun violence at schools that includes spending federal money on training school staffers to carry concealed weapons, but not President Donald Trump’s earlier call to raise the age limit for buying guns.
    This story is a few hours old though, so things may have changed. I don't think there should be anything to worry about--Trump has supported gun-rights for decades.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Nothing to worry about. Just like with other Trump Genius Master Plans(TM) we have to accept more victim disarmament (gun control) now in order to wind up with much less later. I don't fully understand how this all works, but I've been assured on this very board by other geniuses that it does work. /s
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I don't think there should be anything to worry about--Trump has supported gun-rights for decades.
    LOL, this is a joke, right?

He supported the AWB and he is actively banning bump stocks, and he has supported raising the age, and he even made the comment that there shouldn't be due process when it comes to taking peoples guns.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

He supported the AWB and he is actively banning bump stocks, and he has supported raising the age, and he even made the comment that there shouldn't be due process when it comes to taking peoples guns.
    TheTexan can explain everything if you're having trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    TheTexan can explain everything if you're having trouble.
    Quite a few others are up to the task as well.

Ugh...for $#@!'s sake, this guy.

Managed to hold off Obama for eight years even when he had a democrat Senate and House.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Managed to hold off Obama for eight years even when he had a democrat Senate and House.

Republicans are almost always worse for the 2nd Amendment than anyone else. Even the Clinton AWB and the Brady Bill could have been stopped if Republicans and the NRA wouldn't have betrayed us totally.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's @EBounding's sarcasm; it's one of the few ways to stay sane on the forum these days.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    It's @EBounding's sarcasm; it's one of the few ways to stay sane on the forum these days.

That's a fact.
    Chris

Gun Confiscation Begins in Illinois
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._illinois.html
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

More gun control from the White House:
    Wtf are you talking about? There has been no gun control out of the white house.. There has been "pushing", but like I said he is just running game it isn't going to happen.

I'm not discouraging anybody from getting active, donating to GOA or NRA or whatever gun organization you think will protect your rights. I donated to both recently. But let's be honest.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    . But let's be honest.
    That has never been an aspect of this debate.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That has never been an aspect of this debate.
    LOL- ya think?
    There is no spoon.

Disagree with things Trump says? Give him a couple of weeks. He will back off.

After yet another highly publicized public hearing with members of Congress, Trump once again doesn't do what he said during the meeting he would do. He had one on DACA where he said he supported them and would sign any bill Congress sent to him. Then when Congress put a bill together, he threatened to veto it.

This time he said he was going to go against the NRA and implement several gun control rules. Those have all gone away. Except for letting states decide if teachers can carry guns and a minor increase in background checks. He is still working on "bump stocks".

That was old Trump (a couple weeks ago). This week?

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
    Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
    More
    ....On 18 to 21 Age Limits, watching court cases and rulings before acting. States are making this decision. Things are moving rapidly on this, but not much political support (to put it mildly).

6:22 AM - 12 Mar 2018
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

That was then, this is now:

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
    Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
    More
    Very strong improvement and strengthening of background checks will be fully backed by White House. Legislation moving forward. Bump Stocks will soon be out. Highly trained expert teachers will be allowed to conceal carry, subject to State Law. Armed guards OK, deterrent!.......

6:15 AM - 12 Mar 2018
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-12-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? There has been no gun control out of the white house..
    Of course there is, and you're either not being honest or epically trolling.

Trump has given cover to gun control politically which is what allowed it to be passed in Florida. Thankfully this will cost him his reelection. He has also instructed the ATF/Sessions to ban bump stocks. Now he is pushing an increased age to purchase rifles.

That is gun control. Trump is supporting gun control. He is worse than Obama and unfit for office.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump has given cover to gun control politically which is what allowed it to be passed in Florida. Thankfully this will cost him his reelection. He has also instructed the ATF/Sessions to ban bump stocks. Now he is pushing an increased age to purchase rifles.

That is gun control. Trump is supporting gun control. He is worse than Obama and unfit for office.

^^^^^This
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Disagree with things Trump says? Give him a couple of weeks. He will back off.
    I've made it point to listen closely to what he has been saying, since the gun control issue came to the forefront.

This $#@!ing guy is all over the place, one day this, the next day that...holy $#@!, like trying to nail Jello to the wall.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I've made it point to listen closely to what he has been saying, since the gun control issue came to the forefront.

This $#@!ing guy is all over the place, one day this, the next day that...holy $#@!, like trying to nail Jello to the wall.

He's squarely on the gun grabber side. He's just rhetorically playing both sides so he can provide cover for the victim disarmers while at the same time provide himself with some cover against the people he's betraying. That's my take and I'm standing by it.
    Chris

It does make it easy for people to find things he says that they agree with. He doesn't have any true positions. He goes where the wind blows- whatever he things his current audience wants to hear. That is not leadership.

Actions speak louder than words. No daca legalization and no 2nd amend restrictions despite what was/is being bandied about. He knows from the start what will be done and deliberately offers these proposals knowing there is no political support for such things. Should be plain as day at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Actions speak louder than words. No daca legalization and no 2nd amend restrictions despite what was/is being bandied about. He knows from the start what will be done and deliberately offers these proposals knowing there is no political support for such things. Should be plain as day at this point.
    Florida did not recently pass additional legislation with Trump's support?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Chris

What good is ANY restriction on the purchase of firearms if Determined Criminals NEVER buy their guns and instead choose to STEAL them?

The REAL goal is to disarm the Law Abiding Citizen.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 03-12-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Whitehouse spokeshole, Raj Shah on ABC This Week

2a infringements begin @7:37

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Precisely why I worried more about a trump presidency than a shillary president.

Trump will lead the sheep to slaughter. They have been blinded by his greatness. The call to drain the swamp and MAGA is all they can focus on, and the republicans will accept most everything he advocates without batting an eye.

Democrats have a weak backbone and no majority. Blind republicans are far more dangerous.
    No - No - No - No

It does make it easy for people to find things he says that they agree with. He doesn't have any true positions. He goes where the wind blows- whatever he things his current audience wants to hear. That is not leadership.
    It is the soul of Progressivism.

Florida alone may suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    He's squarely on the gun grabber side. He's just rhetorically playing both sides so he can provide cover for the victim disarmers while at the same time provide himself with some cover against the people he's betraying. That's my take and I'm standing by it.
    An apt summary of the situation

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

2a infringements begin @7:37

So, let me get this straight.

Trump will be proposing more victim disarmament (gun control) legislation.

There will be more bull$#@! ATF regulations. (I thought Trump was reducing regulations?)

And, there will be more encouraging of victim disarmers at the state and local level.

Seems pretty comprehensive. Staunch defender of the 2nd Amendment, that Trump.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Actions speak louder than words. No daca legalization and no 2nd amend restrictions despite what was/is being bandied about.
    Uh he just banned bump stocks which is a 2nd Amendment infringement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast