Thread: WHO warns "Disease X" could wipe out humanity

Exclamation WHO warns "Disease X" could wipe out humanity

Then goes on to say they don't what Disease X may be, or that it even exists.

Not even sure which way to parse this scare propaganda, since the article is all over the place, scientifically and propaganda-wise.

One of the more ridiculous assertions is that somehow close contact between humans and "nature" is a new vector for pathogens.

Umm, bubonic plague, malaria, cholera, leprosy...just to name few that have killed billions that have all come from "nature".

I will grant them this however, it's much more likely that the next new mankind threatening pathogen will come from us: from some pointy headed bio-engineer monkey $#@!ing around with a flu virus or some such.

Disease X: World Health Organisation issues global alert for potential pandemic

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/hea...4784967a6ed174

A GLOBAL alert has been issued to the world’s doctors over a potentially savage pathogen, which has been dubbed Disease X.

News Corp Australia Network MARCH 11, 2018 6:31AM

THE World Health Organisation has a list of diseases which pose a serious outbreak threat.

Ebola.

Lassa fever.

CCHF haemorrhagic fever.

Nipah / henipaviral.

MESS.

SARS.

Zika.

Now a high-level meeting of the world’s best medical scientists has added another to the high-risk list.

It’s been dubbed ‘Disease X’.

The group, based in Geneva, convenes each year to discuss what new diseases pose the greatest potential of turning into a global pandemic.

This year, they’ve conceded they don’t know what it is.

But their computations warn conditions are ripe for its arrival.

And it’s not just a stressed Mother Nature — with new organisms constantly being exposed by deforestation and close contact between humans and animals — who’s likely to be at fault.

The WHO points out the use of chemical warfare is on the rise, both on the battlefield and in international espionage. And a series of deadly new diseases have recently been deliberately created through gene editing.

What if one goes rogue?

“Disease X represents the knowledge that a serious international epidemic could be caused by a pathogen currently unknown to cause human disease,” the WHO said in a statement.

It believes the world’s not in a good position to respond to such a surprise.

“History tells us that it is likely the next big outbreak will be something we have not seen before”, WHO committee science adviser John-Arne Rottingen told the Telegraph. “The point is to make sure we prepare and plan flexibly in terms of vaccines and diagnostic tests.”

The WHO is worried a new international public health crisis could come from any direction.

Not that it doesn’t have enough to worry about as it is

The flu virus continues to rapidly mutate. And new exotic pathogens keep jumping to humans from animals.

“These diseases pose major public health risks, and further research and development is needed, including surveillance and diagnostics”, it states.

But a recent explosion in gene editing technology — such as CRISPR — has come at a bad time.

It highlights how post-World War II taboos against the use of nerve and poison gas, as well as weaponised bacteria and viruses, have been breaking down.

North Korea stands accused of using a nerve agent to kill the brother of their leader, Kim Jong-un.

Russia stands accused of using a radioactive substance to murder a former spy in Britain in 2006. It’s again been implicated in a nerve-agent attack on another spy, Sergei Skripal, earlier this month.

Syria — after promising to hand over all its chemical weapons several years ago — is once again being accused of unleashing toxic substances against its own population in towns and suburbs under the control of rebel forces.

The WHO points out that synthetic diseases will face no natural immunity in the world’s population. Nobody has ever been exposed to them before. So their immune systems haven’t found any weak spots in such a disease.

This means a deliberate outbreak is likely to spread fast, with a high level of fatality.

And the increasing ease with which genetic material can be crafted makes the likelihood of a ‘rogue’ researcher crafting biological weapons that much more likely.

Despite the increased threat of manufactured plague, the WHO still believes it is much more likely the next worldwide epidemic will come from nature.

It highlights increasing human population densities make it easier for contagious diseases to spread. It also brings more people in contact with a greater variety of animals, plants and soils as towns and cities spread.

HIV is believed to have jumped to humans from monkeys.

SARS is likely to have passed from bats to civet cats before invading the human population.

ZIKA is carried by mosquitoes.

“The intensity of animal and human contact is becoming much greater as the world develops. This makes it more likely new diseases will emerge but also modern travel and trade make it much more likely they will spread,” says WHO scientific adviser Professor Marion Koopmans.

Several such diseases were considered for listing at this year’s meeting.
    Monkeypox. Leptospirosis. Chikungunya.

“The importance of the diseases discussed was considered for special populations, such as refugees, internally displaced populations, and victims of disasters,” the WHO statement reads.

But none have quiet yet set off alarm bells.

Instead, the WHO hopes that formally designating “Disease X” as the unknown next pandemic will help spur researchers worldwide into preparing a rapid response to any surprise outbreak.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-10-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where do I get vaccinated?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL. Only a bunch of government bureaucrat scientists could take up seventeen paragraphs to say, 'The epidemic that scares us most is the next one!'

Sounds scary enough. What if it turns all our cars into these things? Be very afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

[In my best wicked witch voice] "Come here my pretty...I have something for you."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Nature is dangerous , ..... I will wager one silver eagle if natural pandemics were going to wipe out humanity as a whole it would have already done so . Where do I collect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    More like this:

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Instead, the WHO hopes that formally designating “Disease X” as the unknown next pandemic will help spur researchers worldwide into preparing a rapid response to any surprise outbreak.
    They want money.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who?

I think i will thank God for my resistance to such.

both what and who
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-28-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Is the CDC guy still missing?

You just need some ginger and Vitamin K. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Dammit man! Didn't you read The Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nature is dangerous , ..... I will wager one silver eagle if natural pandemics were going to wipe out humanity as a whole it would have already done so . Where do I collect ?
    I suppose the next pandemic might be considered natural if humans created it. In one sense.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I can make beer with the ginger and trade the vitimin k for cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I suppose the next pandemic might be considered natural if humans created it. In one sense.
    I am not considering that . That would make my head hurt . Maybe we can just go with the premise it is unnatural because God intended to destroy us earlier than this but he got busy and forgot .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    LOL. Only a bunch of government bureaucrat scientists could take up seventeen paragraphs to say, 'The epidemic that scares us most is the next one!'

Sounds scary enough. What if it turns all our cars into these things? Be very afraid!

Should they be more worried about the ones which already happened?

I am not considering that . That would make my head hurt . Maybe we can just go with the premise it is unnatural because God intended to destroy us earlier than this but he got busy and forgot .
    Wait until there are designer plagues. A bug that makes one susceptible to suggestion. No other ill effect. Perhaps there has been one developed already?

Wait until there are designer plagues. A bug that makes one susceptible to suggestion. No other ill effect. Perhaps there has been one developed already?
    Oh , I am sure they have some room full of weirdos working on that .

Oh , I am sure they have some room full of weirdos working on that .
    I'm kinda of the belief that it has already been done. That would explain a good many things.

Sounds like the WHO is having another pandemic fantasy they know if they can get enough people to believe it it might happen. Fakest of the fake news IMO.

I'm kinda of the belief that it has already been done. That would explain a good many things.
    Race specific bio-weapons have already been developed.

All of that scare and they don't even mention prion diseases (similar to mad cow), which appear to be on the rise. As the main suspect seems to be the food supply at this time, there is enormous pressure to keep it under wraps.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

No medical article would be complete without mentioning Russia, North Korea and Syria.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't forget the garlic, it can definitely ward off vampires, too.

But you're certainly catching on.

Dammit man! Didn't you read The Stand?
    I know I've mentioned this before, but the science behind the premise of that novel is not too far off base.

King researched the subject heavily before writing that book, a rarity for him.

The concept of a man made, rapid shifting antigen flu virus was being looked into in the 1970s when he wrote The Stand, and it was determined to be technically feasible to accomplish.

God only knows what the propeller heads could accomplish/have accomplished by now.

The stink is strong on this one. Lets see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Then goes on to say they don't what Disease X may be, or that it even exists.

Should they not call it "Disease Z" instead?

A GLOBAL alert has been issued to the world’s doctors over a potentially savage pathogen, which has been dubbed Disease X.

THE World Health Organisation has a list of diseases which pose a serious outbreak threat.

It’s been dubbed ‘Disease X’.

The group, based in Geneva,
    I find it interesting that Geneva finds itself in the middle of so many such things... world banking crises, now this. Perhaps it's all coincidence.

But their computations warn conditions are ripe for its arrival.
    It would be interesting to see that predictive model, especially the underlying assumptions upon which it is built. No chance of that, I suspect.

The WHO points out the use of chemical warfare is on the rise, both on the battlefield
    Really? When was the last time chemwar was used in any significant measure? That's as serious question; I don't know.

And a series of deadly new diseases have recently been deliberately created through gene editing.
    Here's the real stink. How could they possibly know this, unless a terr'ist was busted in a lab making this stuff up? In that case, would it not have leaked out all over the media? This is the internet age, right?

Seriously, how would they know this? If they came into that information and divulged it, how long would WHO remain WHO? It would be nuked from orbit. 1/2

“Disease X represents the knowledge that a serious international epidemic could be caused by a pathogen currently unknown to cause human disease,” the WHO said in a statement.
    Thanks for the information, Captain Obvious. We'll keep our eyes peeled.

It believes the world’s not in a good position to respond to such a surprise.
    Cue mysterious outbreak in 4... 3... 2...

“History tells us that it is likely the next big outbreak will be something we have not seen before”, WHO committee science adviser John-Arne Rottingen told the Telegraph. “The point is to make sure we prepare and plan flexibly in terms of vaccines and diagnostic tests.”
    This is from The Onion, right? It must be. This statement is stupefyingly idiotic. How is one going to prep with vaccines and tests for something men have never before encountered? This has got to be a gag. That, or it is one of the worst agitprop pieces I have ever encountered for sheer and utter bumbling.

The WHO is worried a new international public health crisis could come from any direction.
    Which is precisely why we MUST increase WHO funding... right?

But a recent explosion in gene editing technology — such as CRISPR — has come at a bad time.
    We therefore regret to inform you that all such technology is now classified as munitions and will come under strict gummint control.

Sorry, but I just have to stop. This is so "1984" in its bald-faced ham-fistedness, I just cannot continue. I would laugh it off, were it not coming from WHO. Perhaps the author was stoned on acid when he wrote it. If you told me so, I would be inclined to believe it on its face.

It is clearly a primer for greater control.

I say let the pathogen loose upon the world and let the chips fall where they may because I'm long past my tolerance for stupidity. About 40 years past.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The stink is strong on this one. Lets see why.

Should they not call it "Disease Z" instead?

I find it interesting that Geneva finds itself in the middle of so many such things... world banking crises, now this. Perhaps it's all coincidence.

It would be interesting to see that predictive model, especially the underlying assumptions upon which it is built. No chance of that, I suspect.

Really? When was the last time chemwar was used in any significant measure? That's as serious question; I don't know.

Here's the real stink. How could they possibly know this, unless a terr'ist was busted in a lab making this stuff up? In that case, would it not have leaked out all over the media? This is the internet age, right?

Seriously, how would they know this? If they came into that information and divulged it, how long would WHO remain WHO? It would be nuked from orbit. 1/2

Thanks for the information, Captain Obvious. We'll keep our eyes peeled.

Cue mysterious outbreak in 4... 3... 2...

This is from The Onion, right? It must be. This statement is stupefyingly idiotic. How is one going to prep with vaccines and tests for something men have never before encountered? This has got to be a gag. That, or it is one of the worst agitprop pieces I have ever encountered for sheer and utter bumbling.

Which is precisely why we MUST increase WHO funding... right?

We therefore regret to inform you that all such technology is now classified as munitions and will come under strict gummint control.

Sorry, but I just have to stop. This is so "1984" in its bald-faced ham-fistedness, I just cannot continue. I would laugh it off, were it not coming from WHO. Perhaps the author was stoned on acid when he wrote it. If you told me so, I would be inclined to believe it on its face.

It is clearly a primer for greater control.

I say let the pathogen loose upon the world and let the chips fall where they may because I'm long past my tolerance for stupidity. About 40 years past.
    You must spread some reputation around......
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment