Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Like a Meteorite"

"Like a Meteorite"

"The Avantgarde that I mentioned... it's from the fantasy genre:
    20 Machs.. traveling the thermosphere like a meteorite..
    it's outside temperature is 1600-2000 celsius.. yet it is controllable.
    It can move many thousands of kilometers left, right, north or south.
    It works great."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBOlJI2YJE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CHECKMATE: The US Just Lost an Arms Race It Had No Idea Was Happening

I guess I don't understand the excitement. Does this basically mean we can't nation build in Iran or along Russia's borders anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I guess I don't understand the excitement. Does this basically mean we can't nation build in Iran or along Russia's borders anymore?
    Russia already kicked us out of Syria didn't ya know ? I am starting to take his Russian bot comment seriously, this is the kind of Putin Re-election propaganda I expect in a Russia subforum not a US Politics subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Russia already kicked us out of Syria didn't ya know ? I am starting to take his Russian bot comment seriously, this is the kind of Putin Re-election propaganda I expect in a Russia subforum not a US Politics subforum.
    Well I've been 'embedded' since 2007.
    On behalf of RPF I'd like to welcome you.
    Cheers.
    G.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You talk funny
    Da.

Listen. There is nothing more politically and fiscally relevant than this.
    The 'silence' is deafening. It is not a 'nothing burger'.
    Trump has LITERALLY said nothing. At all.
    No 'headlines'.

2 me and 4 me... this post is my chosen weapon against the Empire
    that has RUINED my Country.
    They have also ruined my Senate. my Congress. my Courts and countless Presidencies.
    my Media. my Military and my Economy.

I am at war here on my keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Da.

Listen. There is nothing more politically and fiscally relevant than this.
    The 'silence' is deafening. It is not a 'nothing burger'.
    Trump has LITERALLY said nothing. At all.
    No 'headlines'.

2 me and 4 me... this post is my chosen weapon against the Empire
    that has RUINED my Country.
    They have also ruined my Senate. my Congress. my Courts and countless Presidencies.
    my Media. my Military and my Economy.

I am at war here on my keyboard.
    What do you mean Putin has done the Washington a favor by spooking the population into accepting unlimited military spending. The response they will do is sanctions which will ensure more money for Washington's cronies. I am starting to think Putin's conspiracy that Washington paid Russia to meddle in US politics is real.

@ 3:59 in the video, I quote...
    that the incredible destructive force of nuclear weapons is reason enough to make any and all efforts to lessen the chance that they can never be used again.
    I highlight never because if they lessen the chance they can never be used again, that would mean they would make the chance greater that nuclear weapons would be used again.

Perhaps he misspoke himself and meant, they wanted to lessen the chance they would ever be used again. One can never be sure though and perhaps he really does want them to be used again.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 03-10-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Had the wrong video posted.

What do you mean Putin has done the Washington a favor by spooking the population into accepting unlimited military spending. The response they will do is sanctions which will ensure more money for Washington's cronies. I am starting to think Putin's conspiracy that Washington paid Russia to meddle in US politics is real.
    The 'sheep' nvr WILL get it. They didn't in the 18th, 19th, 20th centuries either.

I look at it this way:
    People like Ron and Rand need ammunition to wage Peace. Putin has given them that.
    The 'rest' is just logic, reason and speeches/Statesmanship.
    It's ammunition against the krazees like Graham et al.
    I also believe it 'red pilled' Trump and any 'vain imaginations' of his Generals.

Also...
    I'm really torn between WANTING the 'tax/tariff' plan to work
    or WANTING it to blow the economy out of the water.
    I can cheer for either outcome equally at this point.

If the troops were back home LIKE THEY ARE IN RUSSIA (AND CHINA...)
    I'd be a happy happy camper.
    I'd prolly get sick of happy.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 03-10-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Well I've been 'embedded' since 2007.
    On behalf of RPF I'd like to welcome you.
    Cheers.
    G.
    Congratulations on making nickers hit list, maybe tulsa will target you next.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Congratulations on making nickers hit list, maybe tulsa will target you next.
    On The contrary I like his posts, they are real informative, and he normally keeps updating his posts whenever I always post something stupid in them.

What is nikcers trying to say? This doesn't even make any sense whatsoever.
    Syria/Russia/Hezbollah have defeated Washington's proxies and ruined Washington's plan A and plan B.
    Washington's ISIS/Al Qaeda proxy army (the original pretext Washington gave for its invasion of Syria) is defeated with only tiny pocketed remnants remaining.
    Washington's terrorists FSA/Al Qaeda proxy army is additionally defeated with only a few isolated pockets.
    Despite being thwarted, Washington unfortunately remains in Syria, obsessed with overthrowing Syria and setting up a puppet regime.
    The fact that Washington has no sense and is still in Syria, trying to regroup for plan C with a new proxy army is a reflection of Washington.
    Instead of claiming domination to all parts of Syria as it previously did, Washington now claims northeast Syria as "its territory", from which it is manufacturing a third proxy army composed of some Kurdish factions and remnants of its terrorists FSA/ISIS to deprive Syria of oil fields in the northeast, and from which to launch a new proxy war for regime change.
    Washington's new plan, like its prior failures, will likewise be resisted and thwarted.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    What is nikcers trying to say? This doesn't even make any sense whatsoever.
    Syria/Russia/Hezbollah have defeated Washington's proxies and ruined Washington's plan A and plan B.
    Washington's ISIS/Al Qaeda proxy army (the pretext Washington gave for its invasion of Syria) is defeated with only tiny pocketed remnants remaining.
    Washington's terrorists FSA/Al Qaeda proxy army is additionally defeated with only a few isolated pockets.
    Despite being thwarted, Washington unfortunately remains in Syria, obsessed with overthrowing Syria and setting up a puppet regime.
    The fact that Washington has no sense and is still in Syria, trying to regroup for plan C with a new proxy army is a reflection of Washington.
    Instead of claiming domination to all parts of Syria as it previously did, Washington now claims northwest Syria as "its territory", from which it is manufacturing a third proxy army composed of some Kurdish factions and remnants of its terrorists FSA/ISIS to deprive Syria of oil fields int he northeast, and from which to launch a new proxy war for regime change.
    Washington's new plan, like its prior failures, will likewise be resisted and thwarted.
    I am glad you responded to me instead of just neg repping me without explaining why you are neg repping me. I don't think we should be in Syria, but I don't think that Russia is doing what they are doing for altruistic reasons either. In my opinion America should leave and Russia should leave. I just think its not really US politics related unless you think that cartoon they showed when they announced the new weapons really was aiming a weapon at America like the fake news said.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is funny watching a classic USG regime change blow up in their bewildered faces. Assad and Syrian allies did a good job. Its none of our business whether Russia and Hezbollah leave. If Isrul want them out, they can go dig up the Ark of the Covenant and march in by themselves. I'm sure Gawd wants to go back in the big gold box.

I am glad you responded to me instead of just neg repping me without explaining why you are neg repping me. I don't think we should be in Syria, but I don't think that Russia is doing what they are doing for altruistic reasons either. In my opinion America should leave and Russia should leave. I just think its not really US politics related unless you think that cartoon they showed when they announced the new weapons really was aiming a weapon at America like the fake news said.
    I don't think it is for purely altruistic reasons either, but that is not the standard. There are huge differences between Washington. Russia is not trying to overthrow the Syria government. It is not arming and funding terrorists proxy armies. It is not in Syria illegally. It has explicit permission to be there at the invitation and request of Syria. Its entrance into Syria was a response and consequence to Washington's invasion, covert creation of ISIS as a pretext for invasion, and arming and training and funding a terrorist proxy army for its regime change operation. There is no moral equivalency between the two whatsoever.

If you don't like Russia being in Syria at Syria's request, then get Washington out if Syria. End its regime change operations, and sponsored color revolutions, and its occupations, and its in worldwide empire of military bases, and its abandonment of the ABM treaty, and its global missile system surrounding Russia, and its constant threats, and its policy of nuclear first strike, and its threat to now use nuclear weapons in conventional operations, and even to use nuclear weapons in response to "cyber threats" which Vault7 has unveiled many are operations by the CIA/NSA leaving clues to explicitly falsely implicated other nations "Marble", end the constant media campaign of false accusations.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 03-10-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    I don't think it is for purely altruistic reasons either, but that is not the standard. There are huge differences between Washington. Russia is not trying to overthrow the Syria government. It is not arming and funding terrorists proxy armies. It is not in Syria illegally. It has explicit permission to be there at the invitation and request of Syria. Its entrance into Syria was a response and consequence to Washington's invasion, covert creation of ISIS as a pretext for invasion, and arming and training and funding a terrorist proxy army for its regime change operation. There is no moral equivalency between the two whatsoever.

If you don't like Russia being in Syria at Syria's request, then get Washington out if Syria. End its regime change operations, and sponsored color revolutions, and its occupations, and its in worldwide empire of military bases, and its abandonment of the ABM treaty, and its global missile system surrounding Russia, and its constant threats, and its policy of nuclear first strike, and its threat to now use nuclear weapons in conventional operations, and even to use nuclear weapons in response to "cyber threats" which Vault7 has unveiled many are operations by the CIA/NSA leaving clues to explicitly falsely implicated other nations "Marble", end the constant media campaign of false accusations.
    If Syria wants Russia taking their lunch money then good for them, I just see it for what it is, big bully nations taking other peoples $#@! because oil corporations are in control of their government.

On The contrary I like his posts, they are real informative
    Agreed. A welcome contrast with the unending teenage kulture warz OPs that eclipse real information on RPF these days.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Agreed. A welcome contrast with the unending teenage kulture warz OPs that eclipse real information on RPF these days.
    He may be a Russia bot, but he's our Russia bot.

And yea, culture wars belong in hot topics.

Russian Defense Ministry signs contract on mass production of Avangard hypersonic complex - deputy minister
    http://tass.com/defense/993495

"the temperature on the surface of the warhead reaches two thousand degrees. It actually flies amid plasma."

("If it flies amid plasma then it's undetectable to radar?")

the glide vehicle is capable of performing extensive maneuvering, including lateral maneuvers by several thousand kilometers, and of changing altitudes. According to Putin, this "makes it absolutely invulnerable to any air defense and missile defense weapons."

Nuclear-powered cruise missile can stay in air for days - deputy defense minister

09:52
    Russian nuclear-powered unmanned submersible can be turned into torpedo - deputy defense minister

[link to www.interfax.com]

"Laser weapons capable of disarming capabilities of the potential enemy and destroying every target of the laser beam were commissioned last year," Deputy Defense Minister Yury Borisov said
    http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=815802
    Last edited by goldenequity; 03-12-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Don't forget, we still have the 'Star Wars' missile defense system.

Sounds like Putin is trying to do the same thing Reagan did with the Soviet Union. Make us go broke trying to keep up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Don't forget, we still have the 'Star Wars' missile defense system.

Sounds like Putin is trying to do the same thing Reagan did with the Soviet Union. Make us go broke trying to keep up. lol
    Actually very astute and very real. They literally develop AND produce for PENNIES against our dollars (militarily).
    Absolutely true.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    EQUIPPING SOVEREIGNS

10:31
    RUSSIA SPEEDS UP IMPLEMENTATION OF S-400 CONTRACT AT TURKEY'S REQUEST - KOZHIN
    Interfax

RUSSIA SETTING UP SERVICE CENTER FOR S-300 MISSILE SYSTEMS IN IRAN - KREMLIN AIDE KOZHIN
    Interfax

Russia starts fulfilling Su-35 contract with Indonesia - Kozhin

10:47
    IRAQ INTENSIFYING PURCHASES OF WEAPONS FROM RUSSIA, TO EQUIP BRIGADE WITH RUSSIAN ARMOR - KOZHIN

Russia, Vietnam in talks on new weapons supply - Kozhin

India negotiating purchases of Mi-17 helicopters, Project 11356 frigates from Russia - Kremlin aide

Russian helicopters may return to Afghan market - Kremlin aide
    http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=815850

"I think we will find an option to preserve our helicopters in Afghanistan so they defend the official government of Afghanistan,"
    Afghanistan is currently receiving U.S. helicopters, Kozhin said. "All possible methods and measures of anti-diplomatic pressure have been employed to make Afghanistan take this way,"Kozhin said.

Details About Russia’s Avangard Hypersonic Missile System (development/history)
    https://southfront.org/more-details-...medium=twitter

See what happens when you keep poking the bear.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

EQUIPPING SOVEREIGNS

10:31
    RUSSIA SPEEDS UP IMPLEMENTATION OF S-400 CONTRACT AT TURKEY'S REQUEST - KOZHIN
    Interfax

RUSSIA SETTING UP SERVICE CENTER FOR S-300 MISSILE SYSTEMS IN IRAN - KREMLIN AIDE KOZHIN
    Interfax

Russia starts fulfilling Su-35 contract with Indonesia - Kozhin

10:47
    IRAQ INTENSIFYING PURCHASES OF WEAPONS FROM RUSSIA, TO EQUIP BRIGADE WITH RUSSIAN ARMOR - KOZHIN

Russia, Vietnam in talks on new weapons supply - Kozhin

India negotiating purchases of Mi-17 helicopters, Project 11356 frigates from Russia - Kremlin aide

Russian helicopters may return to Afghan market - Kremlin aide
    http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=815850

"I think we will find an option to preserve our helicopters in Afghanistan so they defend the official government of Afghanistan,"
    Afghanistan is currently receiving U.S. helicopters, Kozhin said. "All possible methods and measures of anti-diplomatic pressure have been employed to make Afghanistan take this way,"Kozhin said.
    US to forbid Russia from selling S-400 air defense systems to other countries
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...her-countries/

A caucus of American lawmakers led by one Senator Bob Menendez have sent an official request to the US Department of State
    recommending sanction measures against Russia for any future sale of high-end S-400 air defense systems to other countries.

The policy initiative has pointed to a technicality in the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (2017)
    arguing that the sale of strategic game-changing weapons (such as the S-400) by countries like Russia to other nations
    can be met with sanction action as a form of punishment.

^^^^^^^
    Colin McKay
    Best possible proof that the U.S. is p!ssing itself over S400 capabilities.
    "All the illusions of amateurs about the existence of 'invisible' jets will face a disappointing reality."
    -- General Igor Konashenkov, mod_russia spox

Report: Trump asked Saudi king $4bn for Syria goals
    http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/0...an-Iran-Russia

US President Donald Trump asked Saudi King Salman for $4 billion to spend on advancing Washington’s objectives in Syria, which Riyadh also shares, a report says.

US military newspaper Stars and Stripes carried the report on Friday,
    saying the demand was made by the US chief executive during a phone call with the Saudi monarch last December.

The money, it said, would be spent towards preventing the empowerment of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Syria’s allies, Iran and Russia.

seeeemss like Putin's speech didn't fall on deaf ears. (Pentagon/Trump having an 'OH $#@!!' moment. )

US Army to demo precision strike, hypersonics, ramjet capabilities in just a few years
    https://www.defensenews.com/land/201...t-a-few-years/

The Army's new Long-Range Precision Fires modernization effort is looking at how to increase the range of cannon artillery among a variety of other efforts.

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Army will demonstrate Long-Range Precision Fires technology from a precision-strike missile to hypersonics and ramjet capabilities within the next couple of years, according to the service’s LRPF modernization team lead.

The LRPF cross-functional team — or CFT — was recently tasked to come up with ways to bring LRPF capability online as fast as possible. LRPF has been identified as the Army’s top modernization priority among six. Each priority was assigned a CFT to tackle modernization plans going forward and will be housed within the Army’s new Futures Command expected to open its doors this summer.

[Modernization reborn: Army pushes for total overmatch]

“There is a real need to modernize our surface-to-surface fires at echelon to be able to guarantee a clear overmatch against any potential adversary both on the modern and future battlefield,” Brig. Gen. Stephen Maranian, the LRPF team lead, told Defense News in a March 19 interview. “To that effort, we are looking at how do we increase our range, how do we increase our lethality and how do we increase our volume of fires, not just in the missile area, but at echelon.”

The CFT has three specifically outlined efforts to address the modernization needs for LRPF:

Long-range in the close fight

The Army is looking at how it will evolve its current M109A7 self-propelled howitzer — or the Paladin Integrated Management — into extended-range cannon artillery, Maranian said.

The CFT is looking at “how do we take that chassis that is hopefully going to be at full-rate production in the next couple of months and get ourselves to a better propellant, a better projectile and a longer barrel — extending from a 39-caliber to a 58-caliber — to be able to not only get on the current battlefield to the 70 kilometer range, but also provide the basis from which either a hypervelocity or a ramjet technology round could get us to very long ranges with cannon artillery,” he said.

The plan is to spiral in capabilities: “We are not going to wait and try to create the next Crusader Howitzer,” Maranian said.

Instead, the Army will build capability for extended-range cannon artillery in a “very methodical manner that accelerates those things that are ready for acceleration,” he added.

“First out of the barrel, pun intended,” Maranian said, “is going to be the ... XM1113. 1113 is the new rocket-assisted projectile.”

That projectile could end up in soldiers’ hands in approximately two to two-and-half years, according to Maranian. It is being demonstrated right now through experiments at Yuma Proving Ground, Arizona, which took place last month and is continuing into March.

The Army expects the projectile to reach out to 40 kilometers when fired from the current cannon tube, delivering a 33 percent increase in range capability from previous rockets, according to Maranian.

Then the service will extend the cannon tube from a 39-caliber to a 58-caliber, which will provide a number of benefits, Maranian said, including a new breach and new mounts within the turret of the cannon, and will provide “the ability to have a much greater explosive chain to be able to achieve the velocity out of the tube that hypersonics would require.”

Lastly, the Army will work on an autoloader, which will increase the cannon’s volume of fire. “If we can get six to 10 rounds out of a tube for a minute, sustained, as opposed to four rounds in the first minute and one sustained after that with a human crew loading all the ammunition, we are going to dramatically increase our effects on target to be able to have more impact at the same time,” he said.
    The top Defense News stories of the day

The program formerly known as LRPF

The Army’s CFT will also assist the program of record already underway to replace the Army Tactical Missile System, or ATACMS, with a longer-range missile.

And to avoid confusion with the large amount of additional advanced technology efforts going on in the realm of LRPF, the Army has renamed the LRPF program to replace ATACMS to the Precision Strike Missile program, according to Maranian.

When the Army chief of staff is talking about LRPF, for instance, he’s referring to “really strategic ranges,” not the ATACMS replacement, he explained.

The ATACMS program germinated in 2007, and the Army has been doing service life extension to keep the weapon in the fight.

The service awarded contracts in the spring of 2017 to Raytheon and Lockheed Martin for a three-year period of performance to design and build missile prototypes in the technology-maturation and risk-reduction phase.

And while industry was hoping to find ways to speed up the program from a fielding timeline of 2027, a year ago, the Army had even pushed back its plans to enter the technology-maturation and risk-reduction phase of the program by a year, according to fiscal 2018 budget documents.

But the Army has found a way to dramatically accelerate the program.

“There has been, within the program manager, a plan to accelerate from 2027 to an initial capability in the force by late 2022, early 2023 time frame,” Maranian said.

The Army plans to demonstrate Raytheon’s and Lockheed’s prototypes in 2019, he said.

The CFT is looking at how the Army might spiral in future capability, currently being developed within science and technology portfolios, once the initial Precision Strike Missile is built, Maranian added.

“The types of technologies we are looking at are those that can hone in on signals to be able to attack [the enemy’s] integrated air defense assets, the ability to hit moved or moving targets across multiple domains, so both land and maritime targets that are moving, and the ability to deliver loitering [intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance] to very deep ranges on the battlefield out to 500 kilometers,” Maranian detailed.

The Army also plans to use its science and technology efforts — developed to move the Precision Strike Missile forward — for other efforts.

“I’m also interested in how are we cutting technology into our future rockets that are currently in the 85-kilometer range and getting that almost doubled,” Maranian said.

Getting to strategic ranges

The third and final line of effort for the LRPF CFT is one that will bring capability of long-range strike to hit targets at “strategic ranges,” according to Maranian.

The one-star defined that as giving either cannons or trajectory missiles that are compliant with the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty the ability to have both offensive and defensive impact in any number of different areas of the world “where we could find ourselves facing an adversary who has very sophisticated integrated air defense, where we need to be able to break windows of opportunity into that IAD system by delivering long-range fires and enabling joint fires to exploit that window,” he said.

On the defensive side, that could give the Army the ability to position a capability on an island in the Pacific, for instance, creating “an anti-access, area-denial capability all of our own to make potential adversaries think twice and be deterred before making a decision of whether cost is worth the benefit of being provocative,” Maranian said.

Among the technologies being examined to achieve such capability are hypersonics.

“Hypersonic technology is absolutely something that we need to look at,” he said. But he added that there are a number things that can be done to give certain projectiles hypersonic-like capabilities.

“Hypersonics is really a speed band of how fast we are getting that projectile moving,” Maranian said.

Another way to get after fast speeds and longer ranges is through ramjet technology. When a projectile leaves the cannon and is flying through the air, the air is fed into the projectile itself and ignites an internal propellant, which causes further acceleration, according to Maranian.

The Pentagon’s Strategic Capabilities Office, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, and Space and Missile Defense Command, outside of the Army, are looking at a number of classified programs, he said.

The SCO is particularly looking at the 58-caliber cannon tube because it is a base requirement for hypersonics.

The CFT is also taking a look at rail gun technology as well as directed energy, Maranian noted.

========

the Laser Dune Buggy
    http://www.defense-aerospace.com/art...hunt-uavs.html

=======

anuther tidbit 4U...WAT???

Turkish police seize radioactive material in anti-smuggling raid
    1.4kg (3lb) of the element Californium which they would sell for more than $70m
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe...alflow_twitter
    Last edited by goldenequity; 03-20-2018 at 01:22 PM.

only make business sense. (sigh)
    Russia's selling defense around the world. US sells the offense.

==========

Last edited by goldenequity; 03-20-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast