Thread: CIA officers flood into Democratic party for 2018 mid terms

CIA officers flood into Democratic party for 2018 mid terms

An extraordinary number of former intelligence and military operatives from the CIA, Pentagon, National Security Council and State Department are seeking nomination as Democratic candidates for Congress in the 2018 midterm elections. The potential influx of military-intelligence personnel into the legislature has no precedent in US political history.
    If the Democrats capture a majority in the House of Representatives on November 6, as widely predicted, candidates drawn from the military-intelligence apparatus will comprise as many as half of the new Democratic members of Congress. They will hold the balance of power in the lower chamber of Congress.
    Both push and pull are at work here. Democratic Party leaders are actively recruiting candidates with a military or intelligence background for competitive seats where there is the best chance of ousting an incumbent Republican or filling a vacancy, frequently clearing the field for a favored “star” recruit.
    A case in point is Elissa Slotkin, a former CIA operative with three tours in Iraq, who worked as Iraq director for the National Security Council in the Obama White House and as a top aide to John Negroponte, the first director of national intelligence. After her deep involvement in US war crimes in Iraq, Slotkin moved to the Pentagon, where, as a principal deputy assistant secretary of defense for international security affairs, her areas of responsibility included drone warfare, “homeland defense” and cyber warfare.

More at: https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/201.../dems-m07.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I don't think the dems will have a good year. I don't feel strongly one way or the other, I don't think republicans will have a great year either. I do think this hype surrounding 2018 is bs to grab peoples' attention. Gun control laws will draw crowds to the polls, but that's about it.

The CIA Democrats: Part two

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2018.../dems-m08.html

There are 57 candidates for the Democratic nomination in 44 congressional districts who boast as their major credential their years of service in intelligence, in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, at the State Department, or some combination of all three. They make up the largest single occupational group running in the Democratic primaries that began March 6 in Texas and extend through mid-September, selecting the candidates who will appear on the general election ballot on November 6.

Aside from their sheer number, and the fact that more than 40 percent, 24 of the 57, are women, there are other aspects worth considering.

Agents, but no longer secret
    First: The number of candidates who openly proclaim their role in the CIA or military intelligence. In years past, such activities would be considered confidential, if not scandalous for a figure seeking public office. Not only would the candidates want to disguise their connections to the spy apparatus, the CIA itself would insist on it, particularly for those who worked in operations rather than analysis, since exposure, even long after leaving the agency, could be portrayed as compromising “sources and methods.”

This is no longer the case. The 2018 candidates drawn from this shadow world of espionage, drone murders and other forms of assassination positively glory in their records. And the CIA and Pentagon have clearly placed no obstacles in the way.

We’ve already reviewed the cases of Elissa Slotkin, running in Michigan’s 8th District, who served three tours with the CIA in Baghdad, and Gina Ortiz Jones, an Air Force intelligence officer in Iraq, running for the Democratic nomination in the 23rd District of Texas. There are many others.

Abigail Spanberger, seeking the Democratic nomination in a district in the suburbs of Richmond, Virginia, has the following declaration at the top of her campaign website: “After nearly a decade serving in the CIA, I’m running for Congress in Virginia’s 7th District to fight for opportunity, equality and security for all Americans. My previous service as a law enforcement officer, a CIA officer, and a community volunteer has taught me the value of listening.” Indeed!

It sounds like Bill Kristol has returned to the Democrat Party and is trying to take it over.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

CIA officers flood into Democratic party for 2018 mid terms

But unlikely that this could create any major political imbalance, there might be enough intel operations linked operators on GOP side to counter any effects.

Some of following unconfirmed/speculative though.

Flynn was commissioned in the U.S. Army as a second lieutenant in military intelligence
    Wikipedia

Mike Pompeo: Trump's loyalist new diplomat and ex-spymaster - BBC ...

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38029336

Kushner Is Mossad
    www.rense.com/general96/kushnermossad.htm
    Kushner Is Mossad...And Israeli Intel On An Industrial Scale In US. By Jim W. Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It sounds like Bill Kristol has returned to the Democrat Party and is trying to take it over.
    I think someone here mentioned the Democrat party was ripe for a takeover and suggested liberty minded people should help do it. The Police/state is attempting to have a go at it since the SJW are weak, radicalized and have no message other than hating Trump. The democrat side of the uni- party has always been home to the war first candidates as neocons originated from that side to infect the GOP.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    I think someone here mentioned the Democrat party was ripe for a takeover and suggested liberty minded people should help do it. The Police/state is attempting to have a go at it since the SJW are weak, radicalized and have no message other than hating Trump. The democrat side of the uni- party has always been home to the war first candidates as neocons originated from that side to infect the GOP.
    The DNC was a decrepit and wayward Party ready to be violated by crypto-Libertarians. Instead, the Trotskyists were left to regain and return the Dems to the fold w/o a fight. When all "libertarians" can focus on are Demoncrats or muh culture, they lose opportunities to deal damage to the machine.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    The DNC was a decrepit and wayward Party ready to be violated by crypto-Libertarians. Instead, the Trotskyists were left to regain and return the Dems to the fold w/o a fight. When all "libertarians" can focus on are Demoncrats or muh culture, they lose opportunities to deal damage to the machine.
    Which is exactly why every corner of the internet, and especially this corner of the internet, is being flooded with Partisan Trolls.

Divide and conquer only works on those willing to be divided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I see opportunity: (to quash CIA 'plan')
    Every/any Libertarian/Indy
    in any/every district where these 57 CIA 'plants' are running
    should
    1. run as spoilers
    2. campaign with 'Americans Against 2018 Spook Coup!!' (or something like it.)

Draw attention/Raise Awareness. Better than standing on lethargic sidelines.

Any updates on how many of em won their elections and their names?

These five freshman congresswomen changed history by becoming unlikely leaders on impeachment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/28/polit...democrats-oped

September 28, 2019

(CNN)When a group of moderate House freshmen Democrats moved from hard no to hell yes on starting an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, they changed the dynamic for House Democrats, and indeed -- the course of history.

The reason they made their announcement and explained their reasoning as a group, in an op-ed in The Washington Post, is because they had already formed a bond over their national security background -- especially the five women:

• Elissa Slotkin of Michigan and
    • Abigail Spanberger of Virginia, both ex-CIA officers;
    • Chrissy Houlahan of Pennsylvania who was in the Air Force;
    • Mikie Sherrill of New Jersey and
    • Rep. Elaine Luria of Virginia were Naval officers.

They met on the 2018 campaign trail as first time candidates who kept bumping into each other at events with mutual donors and supporters.
    When they got to talking, these five would-be congresswomen realized that they had a lot in common, despite being from different parts of the country: they all had careers in national security they were trying to parlay into elected office.
    They became fast friends, and called themselves the "badasses."
    "I think badasses kind of came organically from the group since we all had either served in the military or in the CIA," Houlahan said.
    They are now a band of sisters who bonded while storming the unfamiliar terrain of politics.
    "Being able to text folks and say, 'you know, I'm really getting hit up on this issue, how have you been handling it?' 'I'm not sure how to translate my service into something that's relatable. How do you guys do that?'" Slotkin said she frequently asked the others.
    "We have a lot in common," said Spanberger. "We all were working to flip seats to be elected in places where voters may not typically vote for people like us or with our backgrounds."
    Making their mark in an unlikely way: impeachment
    When we first talked in mid-September, none of the five congresswomen women supported an impeachment inquiry. Then, after hearing Trump admit that he spoke to Ukraine's leader about Joe Biden, a potential 2020 political rival, they changed their minds. There is no evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe or Hunter Biden, and Trump himself has denied any wrongdoing.
    "Having the sitting President of the United States, use leverage over a foreign leader to get dirt on an opponent," Slotkin said. "That very basic idea, I think cut for us, as national security people, just close to the bone."

The op-ed the women penned, along with Gil Cisneros and Jason Crow, two freshmen male veterans, opened the floodgates for others who had been resistant, and gave House Speaker Nancy Pelosi critical political cover as she announced a formal impeachment inquiry on Tuesday.
    They say it was all for one, and one for all.
    "A great example of the power of teamwork," Houlahan said.
    "I think we all sort of came to that conclusion together," Sherrill said. "We text each other as you know, and I think we were all going, okay, I think this has all changed. This is a bright line."
    Still, it was a big leap for people still trying to find their sea legs in politics.
    "I'm supervising the operation nuclear reactor," Luria recalls of her time before being in office. "I never turned the reactor operator and said, are you a Democrat or Republican?"
    "It was new to jump into such a partisan environment," she added.

From left to right, Rep. Chrissy Houlahan of Pennsylvania, Rep. Abigail Spanberger of Virginia, Rep. Mikie Sherill of New Jersey, Rep. Elaine Luria of Virginia, and Rep. Elissa Slotkin of Michigan.

Seven freshman Democrats: These allegations are a threat to all we have sworn to protect

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...sworn-protect/

By Gil Cisneros, Jason Crow, Chrissy Houlahan, Elaine Luria, Mikie Sherrill, Elissa Slotkin and Abigail Spanberger

September 23

Reps. Gil Cisneros of California, Jason Crow of Colorado, Chrissy Houlahan of Pennsylvania, Elaine Luria of Virginia, Mikie Sherrill of New Jersey, Elissa Slotkin of Michigan and Abigail Spanberger of Virginia are all freshman Democrats.

Our lives have been defined by national service. We are not career politicians. We are veterans of the military and of the nation’s defense and intelligence agencies. Our service is rooted in the defense of our country on the front lines of national security.

We have devoted our lives to the service and security of our country, and throughout our careers, we have sworn oaths to defend the Constitution of the United States many times over. Now, we join as a unified group to uphold that oath as we enter uncharted waters and face unprecedented allegations against President Trump.

The president of the United States may have used his position to pressure a foreign country into investigating a political opponent, and he sought to use U.S. taxpayer dollars as leverage to do it. He allegedly sought to use the very security assistance dollars appropriated by Congress to create stability in the world, to help root out corruption and to protect our national security interests, for his own personal gain. These allegations are stunning, both in the national security threat they pose and the potential corruption they represent. We also know that on Sept. 9, the inspector general for the intelligence community notified Congress of a “credible” and “urgent” whistleblower complaint related to national security and potentially involving these allegations. Despite federal law requiring the disclosure of this complaint to Congress, the administration has blocked its release to Congress.

Last edited by timosman; 09-29-2019 at 09:54 AM.

two CIA officers. But to be fair to Trump, he also nominated ex CIA officer Mike Pompeo as Defense secretary. So its not just the dems promoting these CIA spooks