Thread: Massie takes firm stand against more Gun-Control

Thumbs up Massie takes firm stand against more Gun-Control

From his Congressional digital newsletter:

Dear friend,

Within hours of the tragic Parkland, FL high school shooting, predictably, my colleagues began proposing gun control legislation.

I am disappointed that so many Congressmen are offering unserious proposals that would infringe on the right to keep and bear arms while doing nothing to prevent or stop another mass public shooting.

I went on several TV shows last week to counter the liberal narrative that gun control is the solution. Gun control almost always fails for one simple reason: criminals don’t obey laws. On the shows, I offered some serious solutions, that don’t involve infringing your right to keep and bear arms.
    98% of mass public shootings take place in gun-free zones, where innocent people are helpless to stop the attack. I have sponsored legislation since my first year in Congress to repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990. I believe teachers and staff who volunteer and have proper training should be able to carry concealed to protect themselves and students.

It makes no sense to invite evil-doers to our schools by advertising them as undefended gun free zones.
    Here’s my interview with Chuck Todd on Meet the Press. It’s time to pass my “Safe Students Act” (HR 34) which would repeal the 1990 Federal Gun Free School Zone Act.

Watch the video here.

I went on Bloomberg News earlier this week to talk about gun control. CORRECTION: They introduced me as a member of the Freedom Caucus, but I am not. I am chairman of the Congressional 2nd Amendment Caucus.

Watch the video here.

I also joined NPR's Ari Shapiro on "All Things Considered" to talk about President Trump's remarks on gun-control and why I think he is wrong. I believe due process is fundamental to our country. Listen to the NPR podcast here.

When the President is right, I’ll speak up, and when’s he’s wrong, I’ll speak up, whether I’m in the same party or not. This is my interview on CNN with Erin Burnett. Why are people turning a blind eye to lack of due process for veterans and proposing to pass the Fix-NICS bill which would make it worse?

Watch the video here.

I spoke with Kennedy on Fox Business to discuss my legislation H.R.34 which would repeal Gun-Free School Zones so that Teachers and Staff can carry concealed to help protect themselves and students. I also discuss my new bill H.R. 5112, the SAFER Voter ACT. Watch the video here.

Finally, I spoke with Liz Wheeler, host of "Tipping Point," about the gun debate, the importance of our 2nd Amendment, and due process. You can watch the video here.

I recently introduced the Second Amendment for Every Registrable Voter Act. The “SAFER Voter Act” (H.R. 5112) would repeal the federal law that prevents voting age adults, 18 to 20, from purchasing a handgun from a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder.

Why should a 20-year-old single mom be denied the right to defend herself and her children? 18, 19, and 20-year-olds are considered adults and are able to vote on important public policy issues. They can also form business contracts, get married, and serve in the military. As adults, these Americans should not be deprived of basic constitutional rights.

Recent proposals to raise the minimum age to purchase a long gun from 18 to 21 are not simply misguided, but are also unconstitutional, especially if citizens under 21 are barred from purchasing a handgun. District of Columbia v. Heller established that gun control measures cannot be so draconian as to completely extinguish the right to keep and bear arms, yet that’s what happens when all gun purchases are prohibited for a certain class of adults based on age.

Thank you for reading my newsletter!

In Liberty,

Congressman Thomas Massie

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    God bless. Thank you Congressman Massie. Keep up the good work.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    God bless. Thank you Congressman Massie. Keep up the good work.
    ABSOLUTELY!
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

“It is often easier for our children to obtain a gun than it is to find a good school.”
    Joycelyn Elders

“Maybe that's because guns are sold at a profit, while schools are provided by the government.”
    David Boaz

Firm? I have not heard anybody being called insane.

we need to reach out and reason with them

Last edited by goldenequity; 03-11-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Massie is a beast.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.