Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Less Than 30% of Young Men and Women' Qualified to Join Military

'Less Than 30% of Young Men and Women' Qualified to Join Military

The United States Marine Corps Commandant told Congress on Wednesday that recruitment is "hard work," because so few people are qualified to fill the ranks.

But while recruitment is difficult, "This is a really good Marine Corps," General Robert B. Neller told the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense:

"So, I think we're all aware that, you know, in the nation, I mean, it's a strategic issue that less than 30 percent of the young men and women of our nation are qualified just to join the military, either because of physical, mental or moral issues. So now we're down to 30 percent and now we have to find those that have a propensity or are interested in doing this.

More at: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...lified-join-us
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya it's funny how trans and gay people claim they have a "right" to join the military, yet someone who is physically capable but had childhood asthma technically does not have that same "right".. although apparently the military looks the other way on the childhood asthma issue in many cases, but officially it is true.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wait is this the military in general or the Marines specifically which probably have higher standards.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Wait is this the military in general or the Marines specifically which probably have higher standards.
    He says "the military" so even less are qualified to be marines.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Have you ever spoken to a Marine? Pretty low standards.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Have you ever spoken to a Marine? Pretty low standards.
    Almost as low as the Air Force.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Almost as low as the Air Force.

ya, riiight. That is why they are always dependent on Air cover...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    ya, riiight. That is why they are always dependent on Air cover...
    Marines have their own Air wing because they can't trust the Navy or the Air force to do the job right.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't they mean 30% of people who apply and not 30% of the general population? If they mean 30% of the general population, then how do they know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Don't they mean 30% of people who apply and not 30% of the general population? If they mean 30% of the general population, then how do they know this?
    They are connected to the public schools and they look at school records, he refers to statistics in the article but he doesn't say where he gets them from.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    They mean population , they are basing it on weight , aptitude tests , physical fitness , marksmanship potential and mental stability . Probably as low as 20 percent . Which would probably be 20 percent less than 1970's - 1980's Marine or Army basic training when it was harder ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-09-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Th US will soon be a modern Carthage . Where the citizenry are all fat , lazy , wealthy and indifferent . Unable and unwilling to defend itself , that will be farmed out to the peasantry until they no longer take the position and mercenaries will be brought in from mexico , Puerto Rico , Guam etc

America was conquered and settled by white euro trash who were unwashed , greedy , ignorant and murderous . They were very steely , determined . The qualities of this that remain now are only the ignorance . Those people could not even read and they would not submit to the tyrannical politicians people here have been voting for for a hundred years

Standards:

"Are you dumb enough to run directly into heavy machine gun fire in exchange for a tin star?

"YES SIR, HUAH!"

"Welcome to the Corps, son."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Th US will soon be a modern Carthage . Where the citizenry are all fat , lazy , wealthy and indifferent . Unable and unwilling to defend itself , that will be farmed out to the peasantry until they no longer take the position and mercenaries will be brought in from mexico , Puerto Rico , Guam etc
    Well, Puerto Rico is a territory-they wouldn't be "mercenaries", I don't think. There's also the US Virgin Islands which could provide talent. Plus Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Bajo Nuevo Bank ETA, Baker Island,Howland Island, Jarvis Island,Johnston Atoll,Kingman Reef, Midway Islands ,Navassa Island,Palmyra Atoll,Serranilla Bank,Wake island

Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 03-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

They mean population , they are basing it on weight , aptitude tests , physical fitness , marksmanship potential and mental stability . Probably as low as 20 percent . Which would probably be 20 percent less than 1970's - 1980's Marine or Army basic training when it was harder ?
    I'm sure it is a lower percentage than in the late 1970s, despite the fact that they will take some now they wouldn't take then--like open homosexuals. But that's only partly because the media is filling mothers with irrational fear of letting their children go out in the sunshine and get exercise.

Another factor is that they have been sending the suitable ones into combat and getting them killed, wounded and traumatized with PTSD for fifteen years now, defending the Federal Reserve's Petrodollar, ExxonMobil's oil holdings and Pfizer's opium fields. That tends to thin the field somewhat after a decade and a half.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'm sure it is a lower percentage than in the late 1970s, despite the fact that they will take some now they wouldn't take then--like open homosexuals. But that's only partly because the media is filling mothers with irrational fear of letting their children go out in the sunshine and get exercise.

Another factor is that they have been sending the suitable ones into combat and getting them killed, wounded and traumatized with PTSD for fifteen years now, defending the Federal Reserve's Petrodollar, ExxonMobil's oil holdings and Pfizer's opium fields. That tends to thin the field somewhat after a decade and a half.
    Ya , they grind up a lot of potential productivity with $#@! like Afghanistan etc

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Well, Puerto Rico is a territory-they wouldn't be "mercenaries", I don't think. There's also the US Virgin Islands which could provide talent. Plus Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Bajo Nuevo Bank ETA, Baker Island,Howland Island, Jarvis Island,Johnston Atoll,Kingman Reef, Midway Islands ,Navassa Island,Palmyra Atoll,Serranilla Bank,Wake island

Excellent I can steal the Islanders away to be loyal to my empire and take back all of my ancestral lands as the others lay on the couch eating chips and playing pilot video games .

Excellent I can steal the Islanders away to be loyal to my empire and take back all of my ancestral lands as the others lay on the couch eating chips and playing pilot video games .
    This is true. But if you do that, there won't be people to work the land in your extended empire. #hollowedoutempirecollapse
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This is true. But if you do that, there won't be people to work the land in your extended empire. #hollowedoutempirecollapse
    What does he care about those islands if he has reclaimed the Heartland?

#priorities
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The Hinterlands ( illinois , parts of northern minnesota etc) will just be a Berm and used as listening post so the communists cannot invade without a preemptive war party to intercept .

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Standards:

"Are you dumb enough to run directly into heavy machine gun fire in exchange for a tin star?

"YES SIR, HUAH!"

"Welcome to the Corps, son."

Going with this, is there in fact a shortage of maniacs?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya it's funny how trans and gay people claim they have a "right" to join the military, yet someone who is physically capable but had childhood asthma technically does not have that same "right".. although apparently the military looks the other way on the childhood asthma issue in many cases, but officially it is true.
    I had childhood asthma, and had no problems enlisting into the Marines. Boot camp at Parris Island pretty much obliterated my asthma.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I had childhood asthma, and had no problems enlisting into the Marines. Boot camp at Parris Island pretty much obliterated my asthma.
    And once again, Dannno-Fact proves to be fiction. Am I the only one noticing a trend?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And once again, Dannno-Fact proves to be fiction. Am I the only one noticing a trend?
    meh, doesn't sound like he is wrong according to others. and he did say they "often look the other way"
    https://www.thebalance.com/new-asthm...policy-3353970
    Previously, any history of asthma was disqualifying, regardless of age. While medical waivers were sometimes possible, waiver approval usually required scheduling and passing a pulmonary function test. Under the new policy, asthma is only disqualifying if it occurs after the applicant’s 13th birthday. Some waivers were granted back then, but typically only for non-combat jobs.

Medical record screening may still be required, depending on the applicant’s medical history. However, in many cases, a signed statement, attached to the medical pre-screening form, stating that the applicant did not have any type of asthma (including exercise-induced, or allergic asthma) or treatment for asthma after their 13th birthday will be sufficient. Also having no issues with the fitness test helps in this process too — so arrive in shape with no cardio-vascular weakness.

Applicants who’ve experienced asthma or reactive airway disease after age 13 will require all medical documentation.

Waivers may still be considered, depending on the applicant’s medical history and — possibly results from a pulmonary function test.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Ya , you get enough two mile runs in that ought to clear up the lungs .

I just think of lungs and brain as muscles that people do not use much .

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    meh, doesn't sound like he is wrong according to others. and he did say they "often look the other way"
    https://www.thebalance.com/new-asthm...policy-3353970
    No, he said specifically 'childhood asthma', and he specifically used the present tense. At the current time, asthma before age 13 does not deprive anyone of the 'right' to sign his or her own ass over to the military.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ...but officially it is true.
    Or do we need to argue over what the meaning of 'is' is?

Ergo, he said something which is simply not true. Perhaps it would have been true if he had used the past tense, or perhaps it would have been true if he had talked about some kind of asthma other than childhood asthma. But he did not. Instead, he spouted fiction.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-10-2018 at 08:11 AM.

No, he said specifically 'childhood asthma', and he specifically used the present tense. At the current time, asthma before age 13 does not deprive anyone of the 'right' to sign his or her own ass over to the military.

Or do we need to argue over what the meaning of 'is' is?

Ergo, he said something which is simply not true. Perhaps it would have been true if he had used the past tense, or perhaps it would have been true if he had talked about some kind of asthma other than childhood asthma. But he did not. Instead, he spouted fiction.
    So you are crowing because he was using information that was less than 2 years out of date? it wasn't fiction, it was just old info. and you used Gunny's experience to "prove" it? from what I can tell, childhood asthma WAS disqualifying when Gunny signed up, so his story doesn't disprove Dannno's statement.

Do we have data from pre Iraq/Afghan freedom operations and how it compares to this latest report?

Among other things, this spells trouble for any future freedom spreading operation in Syria, Africa or racial equality spreading operations in Israel-Palestine etc. Current commander in chief is in top shape (putting aside disrespectful comments from Senator Duckworth) but that alone may not be enough to face freedom & democracy challenges ahead.
    Sharp rise in Afghan opioids production since Afghan freedom war should also be curtailed to save the youth everywhere.

Un-Related

Tammy Duckworth, Iraq vet, calls Trump 'cadet bone spurs'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast