Thread: Trump pardons former Navy sailor imprisoned for taking photos on nuclear submarine, White Hous

Thumbs up Trump pardons former Navy sailor imprisoned for taking photos on nuclear submarine, White Hous

Trump pardons former Navy sailor imprisoned for taking photos on nuclear submarine, White House says

Kristian Saucier, the former U.S. Navy sailor who served a year behind bars for taking photos of classified areas in a nuclear submarine, has been pardoned, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Friday.

Saucier recently received a letter from the Department of Justice saying it was taking a new look at his request for a pardon. Although he was released from jail last year, he remained under house arrest.

Trump had denounced the government’s handling of Saucier’s case, calling it a political move and saying it contrasted with the velvet-gloved response to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s mismanagement of classified information through a private server.

"The president has pardoned Kristian Saucier, a Navy submariner,” Sanders said in a press briefing Friday afternoon. “Mr. Saucier was 22 years old at the time of his offenses and has served out his 12-months sentence. He has been recognized by his fellow service members for his dedication, skill and patriotic spirit.”

“While serving, he regularly mentored younger sailors and served as an instructor for new recruits. The sentencing judge found that Mr. Saucier's offense stands in contrast to his commendable military service. The president is appreciative of Mr. Saucier's service to the country.”

Saucier was in disbelief when he learned Friday that Trump had granted him a pardon, his wife, Sadie, told Fox News.

“It hasn’t set in, honestly,” she said. “I called him at work and told him, and all he could say was ‘What? What?’ I said: ‘Honey, we’re normal now. We can have a normal life, be a normal family.’ He doesn’t have to wear an ankle bracelet anymore.”

Saucier’s attorney praised Trump for doing what, in his words, the Obama administration had neglected to do.

“We’re so excited,” Ronald Daigle, the attorney, told Fox News. “This is going to change his life. He’ll be able to find employment, he’ll be able to carry on with his life. We can’t believe it.”

“We are so grateful for our president for this,” Daigle said. “We’ve been passed over by the previous administration, and this president took the time to look into this matter and made the right decision, in our view.”

Saucier, who served as a machinist's mate aboard the USS Alexandria from 2007 to 2012, used his cellphone to photograph parts of the submarine's nuclear propulsion system while it was docked at the Naval Submarine Base in Groton, Conn.

Saucier, who has a 2-year-old daughter, began his sentence in October 2016 at the Federal Medical Center at Fort Devens, Mass. He was released a year later, though he was placed under house arrest.

He was convicted of unauthorized retention of national defense information, which is a felony, and received an "other-than-honorable" discharge from the Navy. He faced a possible 10 years in jail, his lawyers said.

Elizabeth Llorente is Senior Reporter for FoxNews.com, and can be reached at Elizabeth.Llorente@Foxnews.com. Follow her on Twitter @Liz_Llorente.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...tics+-+Text%29
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Dude just became a part of the Greatening.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Dude just became a part of the Greatening.
    Legally.

A former Navy sailor who was pardoned by President Trump is planning to sue former President Barack Obama and other members of his administration for subjecting him to what he calls unequal protection under the law.

A lawyer for Kristian Saucier, who was pardoned by Trump in March, told Fox News on Monday that he plans to file a lawsuit accusing Obama, former FBI Director James Comey, the Justice Department and others of improperly handling the former sailor's case.
    Saucier, who served one year in prison for mishandling classified information by taking photos onboard a nuclear submarine, alleges that Obama administration officials treated his case differently than how they handled Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while serving as secretary of State.
    “We’ll highlight the differences in the way Hillary Clinton was prosecuted and how my client was prosecuted,” Saucier's attorney Ronald Daigle told Fox News. “We’re seeking to cast a light on this to show that there’s a two-tier justice system and we want it to be corrected.”
    During his 2016 trial, Saucier’s lawyers invoked Clinton’s alleged mishandling of classified information, arguing that there was a double standard in how his violation was handled.
    “They interpreted the law in my case to say it was criminal, but they didn’t prosecute Hillary Clinton,” Saucier told Fox News. “Hillary is still walking free. Two guys on my ship did the same thing and weren’t treated as criminals. We want them to correct the wrong.”

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...doned-by-trump

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Death by a thousand cuts instead of a single blow. Trump is evil.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just watched this. Here's what I got out of it.

1 Judge Andrew Napolitano says based on written law and pleading guilty the sailor could not succeed in a lawsuit against Obama.
    2 Judge Andrew Napolitano says Hillary clearly was more reckless.
    3 Judge Andrew Napolitano does not seem make a judgement on whether the sailor should have been prosecuted, seems sympathetic to his family.

What did I miss that makes this video evidence that Andrew Napolitano hates liberty and is the 'Swamp'?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Just watched this. Here's what I got out of it.

1 Judge Andrew Napolitano says based on written law and pleading guilty the sailor could not succeed in a lawsuit against Obama.
    2 Judge Andrew Napolitano says Hillary clearly was more reckless.
    3 Judge Andrew Napolitano does not seem make a judgement on whether the sailor should have been prosecuted, seems sympathetic to his family.

What did I miss that makes this video evidence that Andrew Napolitano hates liberty and is the 'Swamp'?
    He claims that white males can't claim discrimination and that O'Bummer & CO didn't hate them.

That video is one of the weaker pieces of the puzzle anyway.

The rest of the incidents listed in
    Judge Swamp strikes again

are more damning.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He claims that white males can't claim discrimination and that O'Bummer & CO didn't hate them.
    Wow, missed that part. What's the time stamp for that if so?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wow, missed that part. What's the time stamp for that if so?
    1:45-2:05

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment