Thread: Requesting ideas for a 'Libertarian Minute' video series project logo

Question Requesting ideas for a 'Libertarian Minute' video series project logo

Hello everyone!

Not sure where to post this so it ended up here. I am starting a mini 60 second video production project series by the name 'Libertarian Minute', where libertarians like yourself will be educating general population about libertarianism in their own words - one subject at a time, as well as make commentaries on current world issues, dumb statements made by politicians, and government policies. The idea is to take the essence of what any bunch of hard core libertarians would say in a forum post of a Facebook comment on a given subject and compile into a 60 second video. There would be one sentence intro provided at the start of the videos. The participants would each have up to 5 seconds to say what they wish others would know or consider from a libertarian perspective, record it on their smartphones and submit for editing and compilation. Collected comments/points of view would compete for inclusion into the 1 minute cut and those selected would be mixed up in the video, accompanied with appropriate memes, quotes of famous libertarians, etc. into a fast, high octane, short production that is straight to the point. The ending will follow with a one to two sentences conclusion. Intro and conclusion would not account for the 60 seconds, that minute is reserved purely for the best points of view given by libertarian participants, who can chose to provide only audio, audio and video with face masked, or full audio and video.

Hope is that such short format will cause more people to take a look at libertarian points of view, and be able to receive them from multiple libertarians in such a short time.

The project is designed specifically for populations of countries of Western Balkans (former Yugoslavia), where the Ron Paul Revolution has made its mark, perhaps more internationally than anywhere else. You can see our first project that was inspired by the good Doctor's campaigns here: Http://www.freedomandprosperity.tv/en

Any thoughts about the validity of such a project are very welcome. Some English speaking participants in this project would be a great mix and attention getter.

But my immediate request for advice is on the project logo. When you hear the words 'Libertarian Minute', what comes to mind? How would you designed it to look?

Thanks for any comments and ideas.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Howzit!

Best wishes for success in this project.

Liberty Minute might feature a simple clock face with Liberty and Minute as hands of the clock. Maybe at 12:00 (vertical Liberty) and 3:00 (horizontal Minute).

L
    I
    B
    R
    T
    Y
    ......M.I.N.U.T.E.

Or maybe a calligraphy type font for Liberty and some digital clock looking font for Minute.
    L I B E R T Y
    M I N U T E
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 03-09-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by yadranko View Post
    Hello everyone!

Not sure where to post this so it ended up here. I am starting a mini 60 second video production project series by the name 'Libertarian Minute', where libertarians like yourself will be educating general population about libertarianism in their own words - one subject at a time, as well as make commentaries on current world issues, dumb statements made by politicians, and government policies. The idea is to take the essence of what any bunch of hard core libertarians would say in a forum post of a Facebook comment on a given subject and compile into a 60 second video. There would be one sentence intro provided at the start of the videos. The participants would each have up to 5 seconds to say what they wish others would know or consider from a libertarian perspective, record it on their smartphones and submit for editing and compilation. Collected comments/points of view would compete for inclusion into the 1 minute cut and those selected would be mixed up in the video, accompanied with appropriate memes, quotes of famous libertarians, etc. into a fast, high octane, short production that is straight to the point. The ending will follow with a one to two sentences conclusion. Intro and conclusion would not account for the 60 seconds, that minute is reserved purely for the best points of view given by libertarian participants, who can chose to provide only audio, audio and video with face masked, or full audio and video.

Hope is that such short format will cause more people to take a look at libertarian points of view, and be able to receive them from multiple libertarians in such a short time.

The project is designed specifically for populations of countries of Western Balkans (former Yugoslavia), where the Ron Paul Revolution has made its mark, perhaps more internationally than anywhere else. You can see our first project that was inspired by the good Doctor's campaigns here: Http://www.freedomandprosperity.tv/en

Any thoughts about the validity of such a project are very welcome. Some English speaking participants in this project would be a great mix and attention getter.

But my immediate request for advice is on the project logo. When you hear the words 'Libertarian Minute', what comes to mind? How would you designed it to look?

You should consider targeting this country as well.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This country?

No, this country is finished.

He ought to direct his scarce attentions elsewhere.

If it were targeting this 'finished' country, I would do the clock face. But the 'hand' (a single hand, like a stopwatch) would be a Minuteman and his muzzle-loading rifle and bayonet.

I don't know if images from our Revolution are even recognizable to your audience, much less if they would mean anything to them. But in any case, it could emphasize that people used to be more free than they are today.

I'm sure there are good people here who would like to contribute. Even if you don't need so much in English, we could give you ideas. This forum is a good source, but with a lousy search engine and a lot of detritus to search through to find the gold nuggets. Posting the subjects you want to cover here, perhaps in this thread, could get you some useful suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Good luck and best wishes Yadranko !

Hello everyone!

This is a great idea. If you do it right, people who are not libertarian will feel comfortable watching just to understand what this weird libertarianism thing is from the horses mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Howzit!

Best wishes for success in this project.

Liberty Minute might feature a simple clock face with Liberty and Minute as hands of the clock. Maybe at 12:00 (vertical Liberty) and 3:00 (horizontal Minute).

L
    I
    B
    R
    T
    Y
    ......M.I.N.U.T.E.

Or maybe a calligraphy type font for Liberty and some digital clock looking font for Minute.
    L I B E R T Y
    M I N U T E
    I was thinking something similar, but it needs to be a stopwatch to evoke quickness. The point is that these are easily digestible bites for the curious or new converts.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Thank you all for the ideas so far. You are indeed an invaluable resource. Your words of encouragement certainly strengthen my conviction that such a project could be indeed valuable in helping spread the cause of liberty.

I will definitely keep posting the ideas of topics and content to be covered in Libertarian Minute here in RonPaulForums. Would definitely love to mix some of your audio/video contributions to it as well. Your message in English would be accompanied with subtitles for our audiences, and realization that Americans are giving them their thoughts about liberty would floor them.

Right next, I will post the topic intro and sample examples of what libertarians would say for the first video, so that you guys can get a better idea how it would look like, and perhaps help further narrow down the most appropriate logo concept.

But before I do that, here are some concepts I was working on for the logo plus some of which I paid to be designed, none of which I found to be good enough. The top 8 images:
    http://s784.photobucket.com/user/yad...?sort=3&page=1

Thank you all!
    Last edited by yadranko; 03-10-2018 at 12:32 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You should tackle the subject of kissing ass at work. Maybe provide some guidance. E.g. how much ass kissing is OK. Boundaries you should not go beyond. How bad it is for ethics and liberty. Can you be free while kissing ass at work? Also the dangers of not kissing ass. Typical attack vectors against those who do not kiss ass. The true meaning of "the team player".
    Last edited by timosman; 03-10-2018 at 01:02 PM.

How a bout a Libertarian Minute logo, similar to the below but instead of the hookah a clock with a minute.

or perhaps an minuteglass
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

The text below is a general translation from Serbo-Croatian into English how the first Libertarian Minute could look like. Given that it is more educational than commentary, it would probably be desirable to be scripted ahead of time in this case, to ensure covering some of the best sound-bites from various aspects of economy. The examples given by different libertarians would be cut to include only the essence of their message and then jumped to the next speaker, and so on., keeping it condensed and fast paced. Other videos that focus on commenting stupid govt policies or statements by politicians could be much more free style: educational, angry, sarcastic, funny comments - whatever works best.

All your ideas and comments for improvement are very welcome. Also, please think again about the logo possibilities. Something simple, snappy, representative, memorable. Thank you!

Title: Libertarianism as free market capitalism

Intro:
    Welcome to the first Libertarian minute, mini educational video series in which libertarians comment about societal problems and solutions from libertarian perspective.

In its shortest definition, libertarianism is a collection of political philosophies which promote maximization of individual liberty as its central principle. However, its gradual appearance in our region (ref: countries of former Yugoslavia: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, and Montenegro) in the past 10 years, thanks to the recent American Ron Paul Revolution phenomenon, primarily on Internet and recently increasingly in media, has very quickly led our public to the general conclusion that libertarianism is a selfish and immoral political philosophy that supports universally detested exploitative and predatory capitalist policies to the detriment of the entire society. In a desire to help re-examine these misplaced views and emotions and show that the economic libertarianism is not a robbery and exploitation, in the next 60 seconds we have compiled a mix of diverse examples of how libertarians understand libertarianism in the economy and what they would like you to know about it, explained by libertarians of all walks of life in their own words.

End of Intro

Start counter [60 seconds]

Libertarianism, Libertarianism, Libertarianism is . . .

1. Libertarianism is when you understand that government doesn't create wealth and when you recognize the absurdity of asking for permisions to work from those who create nothing.

2. Libertarianism is when you understand that prosperous economy depends on the ability to create new value and not on redistribution and consumption.

3. Libertarianism is when you understand that the strongest incentive to create new value exist in conditions of unhindered freedom to pursue economic activities, inalienable ownership of the means of production and the fruits of individual labor, and existence of an efficient system for resolving legal disputes

4. Libertarianism is when consumers are protected by freedom of choice in the market of products and services

5. Libertarianism is when workers are protected by freedom of choice in finding employers in the labor market

6. Libertarianism is when the businessmen are at the mercy of the free choice of consumers, forced to compete for money in consumers' wallets with price and quality of their products and services in order to survive

7. Libertarianism is when market competition is not rigged by awarding subsidies to domestic producers of inferior products and services, or when foreign competition is not hampered with protectionist import tariffs, quotas and regulations

8. . . .
    Last edited by yadranko; 03-10-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Very good start! On the economic front, perhaps you should emphasize that libertarianism recognizes that the most prosperous economies and those societies with the strongest middle classes occur where individuals are not hindered when they pursue small business. Government can have a role in protecting the consumer, though this is most wisely done through maintaining fair and just civil courts. If government cannot level the playing field between producer and consumer, and cannot level the playing field between large business and small, then government is providing the people no service worthy of their taxes.

Making small business competitive is thought by some to be impossible, because large corporations have economies of scale. But they also have inefficiencies, due to politicized work environments overloaded with timosman's 'ass kissers' (there, timosman, I made your idiotic post relevant, you're welcome). But one economy of scale which small business can never overcome is the one that happens when a ridiculous, complex and overarching regulatory and tax code from the government requires of every business three attorneys and seven accountants. This small business cannot do equally well.

We actually have reason to envy you. Your nation has impetus to rethink government from the ground up. We would love for our countrymen to be placed in the position of having to do the same. Good luck in your quest to provide the wisest councel!

As for the logo, I'm guessing the Minutemen of the American Revolution are not something locals would recognize? Would the French and American Statues of Liberty do better? She could be imposed upon a stopwatch, with her torch pointing to the top of the dial.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-10-2018 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Some great input acptulsa. I will add it to my notes. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    As for the logo, I'm guessing the Minutemen of the American Revolution are not something locals would recognize? Would the French and American Statues of Liberty do better? She could be imposed upon a stopwatch, with her torch pointing to the top of the dial.
    You are right about the Minutemen. I have learned about libertarianism ever since that faithful day in May of 2007 when my life was changed completely by hearing that humble congressman from Texas speak, but I have never heard of Minutemen until you mentioned them here. Was happy to do some research about them for couple of hours on Internet. But I am afraid that no one would make the connection but Americans.

The Statue of Liberty is definitely recognizable, but I find it too-common and too-complex to incorporate into something that would represent the Libertarian Minute video series. But I will do some research and try to combine an abstract Statue of Liberty with an abstract stopwatch. Maybe somebody else can visualize it for us better.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Yes, this^^^
    we need all the help we can get.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Yes, this^^^
    we need all the help we can get.
    Once we have a proven concept, I am sure we can duplicate it for the US audience. I would love to do that. Unless the US govt. would label me as a Russian spy. Even a bigger project for US would be a Daily or Weekly Libertarian Fix, where an attractive libertarian pin up girl would (reading off of a teleprompter) sum up the important news and happenings for libertarians. Something like the IGN Daily Fix for gaming nerds.

How about a stopwatch with a Nolan Chart incorporated into it, and the hand of the watch pointing straight up at the libertarian corner?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once we have a proven concept, I am sure we can duplicate it for the US audience. I would love to do that. Unless the US govt. would label me as a Russian spy. Even a bigger project for US would be a Daily or Weekly Libertarian Fix, where an attractive libertarian pin up girl would (reading off of a teleprompter) sum up the important news and happenings for libertarians. Something like the IGN Daily Fix for gaming nerds.
    Put the attractive libertarian pin up girl in your logo.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Well, it's been 5 months since the original post, so I thought to post an update on the Libertarian Minute project logo. We have finally settled for the logo for our Western Balkans version of the project and got the logo intro animation as well. Please see attached:

The next thing coming will be the first Libertarian Minute video. I will post it in this forum under a separate thread, so that any of you wishing to participate by contributing nuggets of libertarian wisdom in your own words (5 - 10 seconds, 1-2 concise sentences) on the given topic (What does it mean to be a libertaarian?), which we will incorporate into the video with translated captions. More on that soon.

Any other comments on the logo or intro animation are welcome.