Thread: NJ police brutality - "Protecting the Shield".

NJ police brutality - "Protecting the Shield".

Much too much to copypasta.

Huge multi part series on police, from my old home town paper.

Protecting the Shield
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The other day, after that snowstorm and there were highways closed down, trees down in the roads, power outages all over town; there was a guy walking around my NJ neighborhood setting off m-80s that were doing a great job of knocking the snow off all the drooping power lines and tree branches that were on the verge of breaking. I thought, "cool" and appreciated it as I watched my own powerline snap up into air as the heavy snow fell off after an explosion by him.

He continued on down the street, turning a corner. About 15 minutes later, 3 cop cars pulled in front of my house, parked in the foot of snow and took off on foot running to go take care of this obvious law breaker -- fireworks are illegal here. Must be nice to have nothing better to do... I would have rather given em all a snow shovel and told them to go shovel old ladies' driveways.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The other day, after that snowstorm and there were highways closed down, trees down in the roads, power outages all over town; there was a guy walking around my NJ neighborhood setting off m-80s that were doing a great job of knocking the snow off all the drooping power lines and tree branches that were on the verge of breaking. I thought, "cool" and appreciated it as I watched my own powerline snap up into air as the heavy snow fell off after an explosion by him.

He continued on down the street, turning a corner. About 15 minutes later, 3 cop cars pulled in front of my house, parked in the foot of snow and took off on foot running to go take care of this obvious law breaker -- fireworks are illegal here. Must be nice to have nothing better to do... I would have rather given em all a snow shovel and told them to go shovel old ladies' driveways.
    No good deed goes unpunished?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No good deed goes unpunished?
    Certainly reported by a rightthinkingdoubleplusgood citizen.

See Something Say Something

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

Priorities, my friend. Priorities. Those of tax ticks and their masters are very different from yours or mine.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Certainly reported by a rightthinkingdoubleplusgood citizen.

See Something Say Something

Do-gooders piss me off. So do collaborators.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul