Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Authorizes Tariffs

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I have already discovered in these trade threads zero allegiance to people here in the US to the point of factory closing, lost jobs and growing the wealth of the Chinese Communist party is not a problem for the free traders here. Another aspect that has not been touched on is why is it so important to people here outside the billionaire elites to replace products from American producers from countries that have a record of exporting contaminated products?
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    And yet these same people who demonstrate beyond any reasonable doubt that they have no loyalty whatsoever to their country or countrymen, expect us to take their advice, and expect us to believe they are advising us in our own best interest.

That faction has officially jumped the shark and become a complete and total farce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Some of them openly claim that China is a better place than America, they are fellow travelers who secretly want to destroy America.
    So what the three of you are saying is, if someone makes an argument which is too adult for you to understand, you're going to assume they're Chinese?

And how is this different from the liberals who, upon encountering an argument too adult for them to puzzle out, accuse the people making it of being Russian?

Well, I suppose the intelligent posters shouldn't complain. At least it's a change of pace from making arguments you three don't quite grasp, and being accused of being Muslims.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So what the three of you are saying is, if someone makes an argument which is too adult for you to understand, you're going to assume they're Chinese?

And how is this different from the liberals who, upon encountering an argument too adult for them to puzzle out, accuse the people making it of being Russian?

Well, I suppose the intelligent posters shouldn't complain. At least it's a change of pace from making arguments you three don't quite grasp, and being accused of being Muslims.
    We are the ones making an adult argument that is too complex for you to understand (or at least that is what some of you pretend), your side is the one making a simpletonish argument that tries to force an ideal onto an imperfect and hostile world, those on your side who aren't trying to destroy America are as naive as the disarmament fanatics and sincere gun grabbers.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hey, Muslims, Chinese, virtue signaling shills for globalist tyrants, it's all the same. I'm pretty much beginning to consider those accusations compliments, considering the sources.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

We are the ones making an adult argument that is too complex for you to understand (or at least that is what some of you pretend), your side is the one making a simpletonish argument that tries to force an ideal onto an imperfect and hostile world, those on your side who aren't trying to destroy America are as naive as the disarmament fanatics and sincere gun grabbers.
    We are here in support of Ron Paul, who would have (given the chance) imposed quite a few ideals on an imperfect world. Imposing ideals on an imperfect world is the only way to improve it. There is, in fact, a description for those who refuse to consider imposing ideals on an imperfect world. They tend to be called defenders of the status quo.

I could only guess what purpose brings you three here, though I've read enough of your Rand bashing and Trump shilling to make it an educated guess. But I can tell you this. The rift comes from the fact that most of us are here in support of Ron Paul and Rand Paul, and their purpose is to impose ideals on an imperfect world. Through this, we hope and they hope to make it better--not let the slide continue with the excuse of, 'I'm trying to ensure it keeps sliding to the devil slowly, and doesn't slide to the devil faster.'

I personally can't claim to have no use for tariffs. But I can claim to have no use for those who give people like me, who could support tariffs, a bad image by having no more sensible argument in favor of tariffs than, 'Yer a Chinaman!!' There are third graders who could make a more compelling case than that.

I clearly demonstrated how the 'Yer a Chinaman' "argument" is identical to the liberals' 'Yer a Russian' "argument". Care to take a stab at how a pro-free trade debate is 'as naive as the... sincere gun grabbers'? Because I see no connection.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-09-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

We are here in support of Ron Paul, who would have (given the chance) imposed quite a few ideals on an imperfect world. Imposing ideals on an imperfect world is the only way to improve it. There is, in fact, a description for those who refuse to consider imposing ideals on an imperfect world. They tend to be called defenders of the status quo.
    Getting as close to the ideal as possible is our goal, it can't be done all at once ad it can't be done perfectly without the cooperation of other countries we don't control.

I could only guess what purpose brings you three here, though I've read enough of your Rand bashing and Trump shilling to make it an educated guess. But I can tell you this. The rift comes from the fact that most of us are here in support of Ron Paul and Rand Paul, and their purpose is to impose ideals on an imperfect world. Through this, we hope and they hope to make it better--not let the slide continue with the excuse of, 'I'm trying to ensure it keeps sliding to the devil slowly, and doesn't slide to the devil faster.'
    I have almost never spoken against Rand or Ron, even when I disagree I prefer to make my case without attacking such good men, I also always advocate that people choose the best option available, if that means the lesser of two evils in some cases then that is a sad necessity, it is better than increasing the damage that we have so hard a time trying to repair.

I personally can't claim to have no use for tariffs. But I can claim to have no use for those who give people like me, who could support tariffs, a bad image by having no more sensible argument in favor of tariffs than, 'Yer a Chinaman!!' There are third graders who could make a more compelling case than that.

I clearly demonstrated how the 'Yer a Chinaman' "argument" is identical to the liberals' 'Yer a Russian' "argument". Care to take a stab at how a pro-free trade debate is 'as naive as the... sincere gun grabbers'? Because I see no connection.
    I and others have repeatedly made detailed arguments in support of defensive tariffs, you are latching onto a side discussion about some of those who oppose us clearly having an anti-American agenda on this and other topics and trying to pretend we don't have any other argument.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

...some of those who oppose us clearly having an anti-American agenda on this and other topics...
    1. That's still the way liberals roll.

2. Abandoning principle and maintaining this status quo is as anti-American an agenda as anything of which any of you could possibly accuse others.

1. That's still the way liberals roll.
    It's no excuse.

2. Abandoning principle and maintaining this status quo is as anti-American an agenda as anything of which any of you could possibly accuse others.
    We aren't abandoning principle, those who love peace must occasionally fight for it and those who want low tariffs must sometimes defend in trade wars.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

One might also observe that anyone who disagrees with...

...but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
    ...disagrees with the Constitution. I suppose that isn't an anti-American agenda? Because at least one of the people you're trying to defend seems to desire just that.

Got an excuse for that?

And is your excuse for the several posters who began spamming Trump long before the Iowa Caucus did it out of an abiding love of peace? Really? How's that working out for all of us...?

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    President Trump could sell exemptions, to support our troops in Tongo Tongo.
    The TongoTongoese are an existential threat to the homeland.

We should probably spend $1 trillion chasing them around the desert.

One might also observe that anyone who disagrees with...

...disagrees with the Constitution. I suppose that isn't an anti-American agenda? Because at least one of the people you're trying to defend seems to desire just that.

Got an excuse for that?

And is your excuse for the several posters who began spamming Trump long before the Iowa Caucus did it out of an abiding love of peace? Really? How's that working out for all of us...?
    It isn't my job to defend other posters, if they want they can defend themselves.

Even if your worst opinions of certain posters are true it doesn't justify the anti-Americanism of others.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But it certainly does point up the idiocy of posters having to defend themselves from accusations of being anti-American made by people who are more anti-American.

And when you join in that chorus, you become fair game to be tarred by the same brush and feathered from the same chicken. You don't get to jump out of the way and glibly claim it isn't your job to defend the rabble you were just shouting epithets with.

But it certainly does point up the idiocy of posters having to defend themselves from accusations of being anti-American made by people who are more anti-American.

And when you join in that chorus, you become fair game to be tarred by the same brush and feathered from the same chicken. You don't get to jump out of the way and glibly claim it isn't your job to defend the rabble you were just shouting epithets with.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL
    But of course, there's no reason for you to defend other posters, is there?

One only need ask you to back this $#@! up with something besides implication, innuendo and derogatory catchphrases from a time before you were even born:

Some of them openly claim that China is a better place than America, they are fellow travelers who secretly want to destroy America.
    How are you going to hang onto that moral high ground now that I've preserved that divisive and brainless garbage?

You can only be too snobbish to defend your cohorts when you don't jump on their bandwagon with both feet.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-09-2018 at 09:51 PM.

defend the rabble
    ...always a poor investment of time.

But of course, there's no reason for you to defend other posters, is there?

One only need ask you to back this $#@! up with something besides implication, innuendo and derogatory catchphrases from a time before you were even born:

How are you going to hang onto that moral high ground now that I've preserved that divisive and brainless garbage?

You can only be too snobbish to defend your cohorts when you don't jump on their bandwagon with both feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Well according to some, China is much freer.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Are you saying that some people don't think that they are not more free then Chinese people? Do you think that American being held overseas without a trial feels freer then a factory worker?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Are you saying that some people don't think that they are not more free then Chinese people? Do you think that American being held overseas without a trial feels freer then a factory worker?
    China is a prison.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's it? One post by one poster who doesn't claim the opinion expressed as his own is somehow evidence of multiple members here trying to "destroy America"?

That's it?

You claim to be a Ron Paul man from way back, and avow repeatedly that you only fill the forum with Trump spam out of some noble sense of the lesser of two evils--a line of thinking Ron Paul warned us against repeatedly. Yet you jump on the alt-right bandwagon every time it clatters by, and when you get caught you offer up one post by one poster playing devil's advocate as proof the most libertarian forum on the whole internet is the heart and soul of the Fifth Column?

Seriously?

So are you saying that someone who is in prison can be more free then someone in prison?
    Have you ever heard of "trustees" or solitary confinement?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's it? One post by one poster who doesn't claim the opinion expressed as his own is somehow evidence of multiple members here trying to "destroy America"?

That's it?

You claim to be a Ron Paul man from way back, and avow repeatedly that you only fill the forum with Trump spam out of some noble sense of the lesser of two evils--a line of thinking Ron Paul warned us against repeatedly. Yet you jump on the alt-right bandwagon every time it clatters by, and when you get caught you offer up one post by one poster playing devil's advocate as proof the most libertarian forum on the whole internet is the heart and soul of the Fifth Column?

Seriously?
    Ender defended the position that China was better than America just like nickers is trying to do, there have been plenty of other cases where certain posters have tried to claim other socialist countries are better than America, Ender tried to claim it about Sweden recently, there are also plenty of examples of certain posters promoting agendas that would destroy America.

You and your leftist buddies are almost as bad as zippy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's it?

Seriously?

The funny (sad and pathetic, not amusing) thing to me is he recognizes that his behavior doesn't differ significantly from, say, Alec Baldwin's and yet he refuses to even aspire to something better.

I'm beginning to feel like I woke up in some Kafkaesque version of RPF.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Ender defended the position that China was better than America just like nickers is trying to do, there have been plenty of other cases where certain posters have tried to claim other socialist countries are better than America, Ender tried to claim it about Sweden recently, there are also plenty of examples of certain posters promoting agendas that would destroy America.

What do you think the liberty movement meant by lets take our country back in 2016? What do you think Trump meant when he said he likes globalists like Roy Cohn? You either have stockholm syndrome or you really are a neocon.

Have you ever heard of Kalief Browder?
    Kalief Browder
    Kalief Browder was an African American teen from The Bronx. In 2010, at age 16 years, Browder was accused of the theft of a backpack and its contents including a camera, $700, a credit card and an iPod Touch. Browder was imprisoned on Rikers Island for three years with time in solitary confinement.More at Wikipedia

I assume you claim he was innocent, I will believe that without looking any deeper and say: So what? injustice is as old as mankind and China is full of it.

I'm done here, I only played your stupid game long enough for you to expose your anti-Americanism

That goes for all the other fellow travelers as well, post as much anti-American garbage as you want I won't be responding further, you will just expose yourselves for who you are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh? I'm a Leftist now? Care to back that one up?

I suppose I'm promoting Sweden and China too? Care to back any of that up? Or are you just so incurably collectivist in your mindset that everyone who takes you to task must be identical, and march in lockstep every May Day?

Communism is collectivism, and you show a damned sight more symptoms of that particular disease than I ever have.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kalief Browder
    Kalief Browder was an African American teen from The Bronx. In 2010, at age 16 years, Browder was accused of the theft of a backpack and its contents including a camera, $700, a credit card and an iPod Touch. Browder was imprisoned on Rikers Island for three years with time in solitary confinement.More at Wikipedia

I assume you claim he was innocent, I will believe that without looking any deeper and say: So what? injustice is as old as mankind and China is full of it.

I'm done here, I only played your stupid game long enough for you to expose your anti-Americanism

That goes for all the other fellow travelers as well, post as much anti-American garbage as you want I won't be responding further, you will just expose yourselves for who you are.
    I should get a speedy trial, not my $#@! kicked in and locked jail without trial otherwise we might as well be China.

What do you think the liberty movement meant by lets take our country back in 2016?
    One of the main groups we need to take it back from is anti-American leftists.

What do you think Trump meant when he said he likes globalists like Roy Cohn? You either have stockholm syndrome or you really are a neocon.
    I don't know but he might have meant that he has a nice personality but that as a globalist he wanted globalist managed trade and he was leaving because Trump wouldn't give it to him.

In any case I attack Trump on many things and I always will when he is wrong.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What do you think the liberty movement meant by lets take our country back in 2016? What do you think Trump meant when he said he likes globalists like Roy Cohn? You either have stockholm syndrome or you really are a neocon.
    C. Both of the above is also a possibility.

Official Troll Manual, Page One: When you have lost the debate, declare victory and run away.

Oh? I'm a Leftist now? Care to back that one up?

I suppose I'm promoting Sweden and China too? Care to back any of that up? Or are you just so incurably collectivist in your mindset that everyone who takes you to task must be identical, and march in lockstep every May Day?

Communism is collectivism, and you show a damned sight more symptoms of that particular disease than I ever have.
    I said your buddies were leftists I didn't say if you were.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast