Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump praises Florida gun control bill

What I have just learned will cause some people to $#@! blood. You saw it here first.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    What I have just learned will cause some people to $#@! blood. You saw it here first.
    You learned how to cook White Castle sliders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Then quit with the teasers and just post it already.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

We haven't seen anything, actually.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    My sources have told me that the government usurps power and violates the Constitution. You saw it here first.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Aww come on, you're not new here. That's Collins' bread and butter back in the day...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

No $#@!, this.

One of the loudest critics of Alex Jones, using an Alex Jones hype tactic.

FFS Matt, if you have something that is that important, that earth shattering, then post it, so people can start reacting and pushing back.

Every hour you delay, is an hour the enemies of liberty solidify their position.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No $#@!, this.

One of the loudest critics of Alex Jones, using an Alex Jones hype tactic.
    Incorrect.

Alex Jones uses Collins' hype tactics.

FFS Matt, if you have something that is that important, that earth shattering, then post it, so people can start reacting and pushing back.

Every hour you delay, is an hour the enemies of liberty solidify their position.
    You could stand to learn from The Collins.

IF is a big word. You should use the forum tools at your disposal to make it such.
    We believe our lying eyes...

I have been told by a legislator directly that the NRA orchestrated the entire gun-control bill in Florida two weeks ago. I will be circulating this publicly in the media tomorrow.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I have been told by a legislator directly that the NRA orchestrated the entire gun-control bill in Florida two weeks ago. I will be circulating this publicly in the media tomorrow.

The NRA has been supporting victim disarmament (gun control) bills since the National Firearms Act of 1934 at least. they supported all the big ones, NFA 34, FFA 38, GCA 68, etc. etc. They have actually been writing most of the god damned things since the 1990s. This comes as no big shock to me since I've been intimately involved in 2nd Amendment issues since the mid 1970s.

ETA: NRA has always been a bunch of traitorous bastards. Same $#@!, different day.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 03-19-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The NRA has been supporting victim disarmament (gun control) bills since the National Firearms Act of 1934 at least. they supported all the big ones, NFA 34, FFA 38, GCA 68, etc. etc. They have actually been writing most of the god damned things since the 1990s. This comes as no big shock to me since I've been intimately involved in 2nd Amendment issues since the mid 1970s.
    Well, he did say we wouldn't be shocked. But it would be nice to have proof so solid and undeniable that we could rub stubborn people's noses in it.
    We believe our lying eyes...

What are you going to circulate to the media? A rumor you heard from an anonymous source who won't tell them himself?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well I guess their attorneys fighting the bill in court were able to get a head start then.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

OK, well, thanks, I had just been ready to pull the trigger (haha) on a new NRA membership, now I will hold off.

OK, well, thanks, I had just been ready to pull the trigger (haha) on a new NRA membership, now I will hold off.
    Good.

NAGR and GOA are much better options, one of the purposes of Dump's gun control babble was to panic people into joining the NRA and let them get the credit for backing him off.

It's a cheap con game and I was saddened to see some here fall for it.

The NRA has backstabbed good people too many time in too many ways for me to ever join again, they were bad enough when Heston was alive but they have gone down hill since, what they did to Roy Moore (BEFORE THE SCANDAL) caused me to promise myself I would never join again and I WILL KEEP THAT PROMISE.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Here is how gun confiscation will happen in America:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

With some hesitation born of nostalgia, I turned in two AR style rifles to the Miami Police Department as part of their gun buy-back program today.

As a former U.S. Army Infantry officer, I was well trained in the use of, and felt very comfortable with, the M-16/M-4 platform. I have always considered myself a responsible gun owner. My 14 year old daughter and I built one of the ARs- from scratch- together.

But after the events of last month, I have decided enough is enough.

How can we, as parents, force our kids to live in a world where they have to be afraid of being killed at school?
    My daughter recently told me that her plan is to only wear sneakers to school from now on, in case she needs to run. And I realize that, unlike some of my neighbors, I am lucky to still HAVE a 14 year old daughter.

Enough is enough.

There is no valid need for any civilian to own an AR. They make terrible self defense weapons because they can't safely be stored in a condition that makes them available to use quickly, and the rounds penetrate walls too easily. They aren't hunting rifles (it's not even legal to shoot a deer with one). I know very well that my little AR is never going to be used to stand up to a government that has tanks and heavy machine guns. And God forbid someone steals them and uses them to kill more innocents.

Any honest gun owner will admit that the only lawful reason to own an AR is because they are fun to shoot (and they ARE fun to shoot).

But my desire- and the desire of all the other AR owners out there- to have fun toys no longer outweighs the value of the 17 lives that were taken down the street last month. Or the lives of countless other people whose lives have been taken by these toys- these weapons of war.

So, I am done.

The gun industry of today is just like the cigarette industry of a few years ago. Pushing a dangerous product that has no benefit to society. It took a long time for us to stand up to the cigarette industry and call out their lies and their political influence. But now it is a dying industry. We can do the same thing with the gun industry.

I will no longer be a pawn for their profits.

Now that I have eliminated the hypocrisy of these guns from my house, I feel comfortable calling on our government to ban them. We need the same legislation that has been so effective in Australia. Outlaw the manufacture and sale of semiautomatic centerfire firearms with removable magazines and require the legal owners of those firearms to turn them in for compensation with a year. Provide amnesty during that same year for illegal owners of those guns to turn them in. Then make it a 10-20-life offense to be caught with one.

It may not get all of these guns out of the public's hands. But it will make it a hell of a lot harder for a deranged 19 year old to get his hands on one.

I want to be part of the solution.
    #neveragain
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well I guess their attorneys fighting the bill in court were able to get a head start then.
    Well that was the point. They wrote the bill and knew exactly how to file a suit against it. They literally filed the lawsuit hours after Governor Rick Scott signed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What are you going to circulate to the media? A rumor you heard from an anonymous source who won't tell them himself?
    Yes, but I can back it up if I have to. Besides, I have a proven strategy to get it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, he did say we wouldn't be shocked. But it would be nice to have proof so solid and undeniable that we could rub stubborn people's noses in it.

ETA: NRA has always been a bunch of traitorous bastards. Same $#@!, different day.
    Most of the NRA members don't know about it, I suspect many of them will be livid.

Well that was the point. They wrote the bill and knew exactly how to file a suit against it. They literally filed the lawsuit hours after Governor Rick Scott signed it.
    So they wrote a bill that they could easily defeat in court?

What's the problem?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Good.

NAGR and GOA are much better options, one of the purposes of Dump's gun control babble was to panic people into joining the NRA and let them get the credit for backing him off.

It's a cheap con game and I was saddened to see some here fall for it.

The NRA has backstabbed good people too many time in too many ways for me to ever join again, they were bad enough when Heston was alive but they have gone down hill since, what they did to Roy Moore (BEFORE THE SCANDAL) caused me to promise myself I would never join again and I WILL KEEP THAT PROMISE.
    I already belong to GOA, back when I dropped NRA years ago.

I was going to re-join simply in protest and solidarity.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Here is how gun confiscation will happen in America:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Yup. That is exactly how it will be...the weak and sniveling giving up their freedom for nothing.

That said, this man knows nothing about, well, anything.

There is no valid need for any civilian to own an AR.
    Who are you to decide that?

They make terrible self defense weapons because they can't safely be stored in a condition that makes them available to use quickly,
    Of course they can, have you never heard of an "instant access" safe, among many options to keep a fully loaded rifle at Condition One ready for use?

and the rounds penetrate walls too easily.
    Frangible rounds solve that problem if you have no other option but to use a rifle inside.

They aren't hunting rifles (it's not even legal to shoot a deer with one).
    Bull$#@!. They are often used as hunting rifles, and it is legal in many states, including Florida, to hunt with the .223 / 5.56 mm centerfire AR cartridge.

https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whi...ers-state.html

I know very well that my little AR is never going to be used to stand up to a government that has tanks and heavy machine guns.
    No, you're not going to stand up to an oppressive government with tanks and heavy machine guns.

Because you (and I) are cowards...not because we're unarmed.

And God forbid someone steals them and uses them to kill more innocents.
    And what's going to stop that from happening when the $#@! cops you just turned your property over to, without compensation, takes it home for himself?

$#@! this virtue signaling $#@!.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I heard that they were traitors a number of years ago, so like others here, I'm not too surprised. But the crazy thing is how loudly and passionately liberals oppose them...which is so flippin ironic.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I heard that they were traitors a number of years ago, so like others here, I'm not too surprised. But the crazy thing is how loudly and passionately liberals oppose them...which is so flippin ironic.
    Yep, perception is reality in politics unfortunately.

But the NRA wrote the 1934 NFA

So they wrote a bill that they could easily defeat in court?

What's the problem?
    1 - because they supported gun control and lied about it

2 - there is no guarantee the bill will get killed by the courts. It's a very risky and poor strategy, and in the mean time many people's rights are infringed.

3 - they are allowing bad politicians to remain in power

1 - because they supported gun control and lied about it

2 - there is no guarantee the bill will get killed by the courts. It's a very risky and poor strategy, and in the mean time many people's rights are infringed.

3 - they are allowing bad politicians to remain in power
    ...or maybe they completely dismantled the effectiveness of the leftist gun control movement for the time being.

If we had close to 50% people in congress who at least somewhat supported liberty, then a more straightforward strategy might be beneficial.

In the meantime, we have like 5% people in D.C. who may somewhat support liberty - so I don't give a phuck what who does to preserve it, all I care about is the result.

Yep, perception is reality in politics unfortunately.

But the NRA wrote the 1934 NFA

They also wrote the Brady Act which gave us NICS and de facto federal registration.

And helped write the "compromise" version of Clinton's 1994 AW ban, which made it easier to pass.

If I'm not mistaken they also wrote or helped write the late 1980s bans on certain kinds of ammo and the so-called ( but NEVER really) "undetectable" guns.

There were others that are slipping my mind atm, I'm sure.
    Chris

They also wrote the Brady Act which gave us NICS and de facto federal registration.

And helped write the "compromise" version of Clinton's 1994 AW ban, which made it easier to pass.

If I'm not mistaken they also wrote or helped write the late 1980s bans on certain kinds of ammo and the so-called ( but NEVER really) "undetectable" guns.

They also supported McClure/Volkmer FOPA which banned all new Class III weapons.

Signed by a GOP president who used to be democrat.

FOPA turned out to be toothless since the FedCoats refuse to prosecute states that routinely violate and prosecute innocent people under free pratique of the FOPA i.e. they prosecute firearm owners who are legally traveling across the state with legal firearms to another state.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-19-2018 at 05:02 PM.

They also supported McClure/Volkmer FOPA which banned all new Class III weapons.

Signed by a GOP president who used to be democrat.

FOPA turned out to be toothless since the FedCoats refuse to prosecute states that routinely violate and prosecute innocent people under free pratique of the FOPA i.e. they prosecute firearm owners who are legally traveling across the state with legal firearms to another state.

Right. Victim disarmament (gun control) laws are probably responsible for more innocent people being in prison for decades than any other laws except anti-drug laws. It's a travesty. Yet some around here still display a totally cavalier attitude about it all, as if it were no big deal. Tell that to all the innocent people ATF has prosecuted and sent to prison for decades over the last 50 years or so. Oh, and in 1980 Reagan promised to abolish the ATF due to the rampant abuses they had been committing against innocents. He wound up increasing their budget instead.
    Chris

Yep. And they supported Bernie Sanders and Harry Reid, not to mention countless other Republican sellouts across the country. The NRA is literally married to the Republican establishment.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...or maybe they completely dismantled the effectiveness of the leftist gun control movement for the time being.
    Nope, they didn't. You fail to comprehend the progressive playbook. The NRA just inched the ball in the direction of the gun grabbers. You don't win by compromising.

If we had close to 50% people in congress who at least somewhat supported liberty, then a more straightforward strategy might be beneficial.

In the meantime, we have like 5% people in D.C. who may somewhat support liberty - so I don't give a phuck what who does to preserve it, all I care about is the result.
    You only need 3%. The idea of having a majority is a myth.

When I passed Constitutional Carry in the legislature most of the legislators there were not in favor of it but voted for it because they were too scared not to... meaning that they knew they might lose their next election or other political pain if they voted against gun owners.

The NRA just inched the ball in the direction of the gun grabbers. You don't win by compromising.
    I have to drink what they are selling so that I can drink whatever I want.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast