Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump praises Florida gun control bill

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Or maybe what he is doing is going way over all of our heads, but in the end, I will win the bet.
    The inverse of this:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/personal-incredulity
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Not for nothing but the OP is the Washington Compost piece who have not been quite favorable to Trump and have made up things in the past about him.

I have looked really hard to see if Trump made those comments and I cannot find anywhere where he praised them on this gun bill.

Not a word on his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

The video was Trump himself speaking.

To be fair most of his praise was about Florida passing concealed carry for "very special teachers that have a great ability with weapons and with guns." However, at the end he did refer to the rest of the legislation passed as "a lot of very good legislation," which of course very much is praising the crap gun control bills that they passed.

Also, he specifically stated that the legal work is almost done on bump stocks and said that "bump stocks are going to be gone."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Forgot to include in last post:

Trump didn't specify when he referred to bump stocks but it's certainly safe to assume he meant any device that "alters the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle to mimic a machine gun" since that's what he specified in his memo. So there definitely will be a ban on a whole class of firearms accessories.

Looks like AF will be winning that bet after all.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Forgot to include in last post:

Trump didn't specify when he referred to bump stocks but it's certainly safe to assume he meant any device that "alters the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle to mimic a machine gun" since that's what he specified in his memo. So there definitely will be a ban on a whole class of firearms accessories.

Looks like AF will be winning that bet after all.
    I'm sure I will, because I made it clear that all those devices would be banned, bump fire, crankfire, you name it.

And it will be Glen who will be the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm sure I will, because I made it clear that all those devices would be banned, bump fire, crankfire, you name it.

And it will be Glen who will be the winner.

Damn man, I wish I was wrong about all this, I really do. But with every passing day it looks more and more like similar situations in the past. And it looks more and more like Trump is leading the charge against the 2nd Amendment, just Like Clinton did. Yet in spite of all the solid evidence to the contrary, the Trump Cheerleading Squad is still trying to convince us that it's all a part of his Genius Master Plan (TM). Even good people who should know better are subject to partisan self-delusion, it seems.
    Chris

Damn man, I wish I was wrong about all this, I really do. But with every passing day it looks more and more like similar situations in the past. And it looks more and more like Trump is leading the charge against the 2nd Amendment, just Like Clinton did. Yet in spite of all the solid evidence to the contrary, the Trump Cheerleading Squad is still trying to convince us that it's all a part of his Genius Master Plan (TM). Even good people who should know better are subject to partisan self-delusion, it seems.
    Pretty much spot on.
    There is no spoon.

Wonder what Trump's base think of him now?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Wonder what Trump's base think of him now?
    Cognitive dissonance.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Cognitive dissonance.

To a truly discouraging extreme.
    Chris

To a truly discouraging extreme.
    It's almost like the Twilight Zone.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Claiming violations of the Second and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, the National Rifle Association filed a federal lawsuit challenging a freshly signed Florida law increasing the age limit of purchasing a gun to 21."At 18 years of age, law-abiding citizens in this country are considered adults for almost all purposes and certainly for the purposes of the exercise of fundamental constitutional rights," said the lawsuit, which named Attorney General Pam Bondi and FDLE Commissioner Rick Swearingen as defendants. "This blanket ban violates the fundamental rights of thousands of responsible, law-abiding Florida citizens and is thus invalid under the Second and Fourteenth Amendments."

More at: https://www.wtsp.com/amp/article?sec...d=67-527334519
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

More gun control is coming the only question is will you be a "law breaker" or a sheep? There are already many gun laws on the books that are infringing on our rights and have been since the very first gun law. How many more will the people stand for??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

This is really unacceptable. There is no excuse for Trump to be advocating this. He's like John Roberts doing a complete 180 but instead of health care it is with the second amendment. Also unlike the Supreme Court which is just a branch that spouts of opinions, he is the executive branch which will carry this into action. A clear and falgrant violation of the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    It's almost like the Twilight Zone.

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    More gun control is coming the only question is will you be a "law breaker" or a sheep? There are already many gun laws on the books that are infringing on our rights and have been since the very first gun law. How many more will the people stand for??
    Depends on where.

States where NAGR and affiliates is putting resources have seen an expansion of gun freedom. WV, MO, MS, ME, NH, WY etc have all passed Constitutional Carry in recent years. It will happen in TX one of these days, they have already loosened their gun laws last session somewhat and are moving in the right direction.

$#@!hole states are limiting firearms freedom. FL is a bit of a surprise because it is run by Republicans which normally are not quite this daft on the state level. I think in 6 years we will see a reversal and loosening of firearms laws in Florida too, especially if NAGR puts full resources there.

Regarding the federal level, again, I think they will be hard pressed to do it. But if Trump keeps giving political cover to the gun grabbers it may happen. Trump has done more to damage the right to keep and bear arms than Obama did.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I got out of that $#@! hole just in time... or does it even matter?

As a longtime on again off again resident, I've seen first hand what the mass migration of N.Y.ers and Californians can do to a 'conservative' state.

They spread like an infection... a flesh eating bacteria...growing exponentially. Lepers.

Instead of giving them accolades and political cover, Trump SHOULD be using his influences by rallying his base against their misdeeds.

Alas, this is what has become of the Peaceful Liberty Movement.

It won't be long before they take over the Carolinas... my mid-south sanctuary. Where the hell do we run to? The disease keeps spreading.

Doctors would cut off the foot to save the leg, not appeal to the disease in a sternly penned letter with threats to vote harder.

Our Nation is dead. Jesus wept.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    This is really unacceptable. There is no excuse for Trump to be advocating this. He's like John Roberts doing a complete 180 but instead of health care it is with the second amendment. Also unlike the Supreme Court which is just a branch that spouts of opinions, he is the executive branch which will carry this into action. A clear and falgrant violation of the second amendment.
    Trump cares about the 2nd amendment, he is just running game.

The NRA is suing FL they will probably win.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The NRA is suing FL they will probably win.
    Are you related??

THIS ONE

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Depends on where.

States where NAGR and affiliates is putting resources have seen an expansion of gun freedom. WV, MO, MS, ME, NH, WY etc have all passed Constitutional Carry in recent years. It will happen in TX one of these days, they have already loosened their gun laws last session somewhat and are moving in the right direction.

$#@!hole states are limiting firearms freedom. FL is a bit of a surprise because it is run by Republicans which normally are not quite this daft on the state level. I think in 6 years we will see a reversal and loosening of firearms laws in Florida too, especially if NAGR puts full resources there.

Regarding the federal level, again, I think they will be hard pressed to do it. But if Trump keeps giving political cover to the gun grabbers it may happen. Trump has done more to damage the right to keep and bear arms than Obama did.
    We already have so much "gun control" the 2nd Am is a joke! It's been "infringed" upon since the 1920's and the 1968 gun control act pretty much was the final nail in the coffin. All we are arguing about now is how many more nails to keep the lid on securely. Once the precedence was set that the goonerment could stop any class of citizen from having a gun (of course they always pick on the least popular group so that the majority will go along) the 2nd Am was dead.

All they need to do since 68 is keep growing the number of people who are excluded until there are only a handful who are not...

THIS ONE

If you believe that then Al Gore has some carbon credits to sell you LOL.... Or maybe Hillary has some land in Arkansas to sell you or some stocks.

Anyway, I think it is obvious that you are just trolling to get a rise out of people ha ha ha.

If you believe that then Al Gore has some carbon credits to sell you LOL.... Or maybe Hillary has some land in Arkansas to sell you or some stocks.

Anyway, I think it is obvious that you are just trolling to get a rise out of people ha ha ha.
    Apparently you haven't seen the thread about the bet I made with AF.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-11-2018 at 10:18 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

A Broward County judge on Friday issued what is thought to be the state’s first order temporarily removing guns from a person under Florida’s new gun-control laws.
    Four firearms and 267 rounds of ammunition were ordered removed from a 56-year-old Lighthouse Point man who experts determined was a potential risk to himself or others.
    The guns and ammunition have been temporarily removed from the man under the state’s new “risk protection” law, which is also sometimes called “red flag” legislation, Lighthouse Point City Attorney Michael Cirullo confirmed.
    Though the man was also taken to a hospital for involuntary psychiatric treatment under the state’s Baker Act, the civil ruling removing his access to guns and ammunition was granted under the new legislation, which permits removal of guns from people who have not been committed but are deemed a potential risk to themselves or others, according to the order signed by Broward’s Chief Judge Jack Tuter.
    “We know it’s the first case of its kind in Broward County and we think it’s the first one in Florida, under the new law,” Cirullo said. “Up until the introduction of this law last week, there was no process for us to protect the public in this kind of situation.”
    Before now, officials who attempted to remove guns from a person they thought was a danger could be removed from office and fined up to $5,000, he said.
    Lighthouse Point police made the request on March 14, one week after they were called to his apartment building to conduct a welfare check on the man, who they said was behaving strangely. Authorities said it was the latest in a series of encounters law enforcement had with the man, though he has no prior history of arrests in Florida.

Police were called after the man turned off the main electrical breakers to the apartment building, court records show.
    The man told officers he “was being targeted and burglarized by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a neighbor who lives in [his] building,” the judge wrote in his order. “[He] could not describe the neighbor but stated that the neighbor ‘shape shift, he can change heights and I’m not sure where he comes from’ and ‘to be honest, he looks like Osama Bin Laden.’”
    He also told officers that he had to turn off the electrical breakers because “they are electrocuting me through my legs.”
    Officers said they saw weapons in his home after they were called to check on his welfare. They also found evidence he had “a voluminous amount of notes containing numerous references to former President Barack Obama, that he was killed in the 1980s but came back and now murders children to place their spirits into [the man’s] head, is a member of [al-Qaida], and is [the man’s] enemy,” the judge wrote in his order.

More at: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...316-story.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

As time goes on, looks like my intuition (or gut feeling) from the start was right. He's playing a part, just like all the other presidents in recent times were picked to do… either play the part of a "conservative" Republican or a liberal Democrat. And every freakin four years, people fall for it. Every time. But I don't think anyone can get to that level without being part of "the club"… I think most here know what I mean by that.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    As time goes on, looks like my intuition (or gut feeling) from the start was right. He's playing a part, just like all the other presidents in recent times were picked to do… either play the part of a "conservative" Republican or a liberal Democrat. And every freakin four years, people fall for it. Every time. But I don't think anyone can get to that level without being part of "the club"… I think most here know what I mean by that.
    I think he's just telling people what they want to hear, regardless of whether or not he intends to actually do it. He'll do whatever is most beneficial for him in the moment, as he's entirely unprincipled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Trump has done more to damage the right to keep and bear arms than Obama did.
    This is an unassailable statement of plain fact and truth.

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is an unassailable statement of plain fact and truth.

+rep

And yet it will be assailed, no doubt, over and over and over again.
    Chris

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    But you have to have faith! Just wait until all looks hopeless and both houses have agreed to completely dismantle the 2nd Am that's when Trump is going to take out his veto pen and he's going to eliminate every law regarding guns and ex-felons will no longer be jailed for having guns and none of us will have to worry about modifying our weapons for full-auto. Just wait. It's going to happen............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

THIS ONE

I have discovered some shocking news about the Florida gun control bill that I will be releasing next week. It will likely go viral and become a national news story. People around here won't be so shocked by it, but pitchforks will likely come out as a result in the firearms community.

I have discovered some shocking news about the Florida gun control bill that I will be releasing next week. It will likely go viral and become a national news story. People around here won't be so shocked by it, but pitchforks will likely come out as a result in the firearms community.

Bold, italic and size 4?

My heavenly daze.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast