Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I have a friend who lives in the Bahamas who's million dollar home was destroyed in the hurricane. He has and at the time had insurance. He still hasn't gotten a settlement check yet because the insurance company said they are still paying off for Puerto Rico. Make of that what you will. I have another friend who's home was destroyed as a result of the Nashville flood in 2010. He had flood insurance, but the insurance company wouldn't pay because they said the damage was from a mud slide and he didn't have earth moving insurance. Make of that what you will too.
    Here is an instance where the insurance company decided to cover people's homes that were devastated by mud slides who merely had fire insurance, since the mudslides were caused by the fire:

https://www.independent.com/news/201...ood-linked-ha/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have a friend who lives in the Bahamas who's million dollar home was destroyed in the hurricane. He has and at the time had insurance. He still hasn't gotten a settlement check yet because the insurance company said they are still paying off for Puerto Rico. Make of that what you will. I have another friend who's home was destroyed as a result of the Nashville flood in 2010. He had flood insurance, but the insurance company wouldn't pay because they said the damage was from a mud slide and he didn't have earth moving insurance. Make of that what you will too.
    I went through several Hurricanes..
    I cleared roads,, Moved vegetation,, cleaned up.. very little loss.. Time off work mostly.

I was able to write off about 30K in loss from Wilma on my taxes. (Tools and cars.etc)
    God protected everything else,, I came out ahead..

And I have to update my blog,,,, but Even Job was Blessed in the end of his trial...and the Farm Saga is such a story..
    The lessons learned far outweigh any price.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I went through several Hurricanes..
    I cleared roads,, Moved vegetation,, cleaned up.. very little loss.. Time off work mostly.

I was able to write off about 30K in loss from Wilma on my taxes. (Tools and cars.etc)
    God protected everything else,, I came out ahead..

And I have to update my blog,,,, but Even Job was Blessed in the end of his trial...and the Farm Saga is such a story..
    The lessons learned far outweigh any price.
    How many kids do you have? Most insurance that people get involves a family they have to provide for.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How many kids do you have? Most insurance that people get involves a family they have to provide for.
    Wife had two,, both moved with us to Michigan.

I have no children. but I'm grampa to several and great gramp to 1.

And as I remember,,growing up we had no such insurance,, My folks paid off the Doctor bills.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-25-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I did not say Charity..Charity is a gift,, a gift from God through the hands of another.

I said Welfare.. Government Handout.. Going to govt for care.. Stolen Money managed by those capable of being given authority,, by him who gives it to whomever he will.

And I did not say to judge (except for yourself)
    I said this not Milk,, this is meat.

Who is the Faith in?
    Natch. Indeed, I would say that it is wrong for a Christian to go the State for welfare. He should be able to look to his Church community for needs he can't take care of with family help. The Gospels and epistles both say that we're to take care of each other-not to get on medicare/medicaid/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Natch. Indeed,

Matthew 6:26-34
    26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It just goes to show that insurance and faith don't always work out the way they're supposed to.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It just goes to show that insurance and faith don't always work out the way they're supposed to.
    This was just posted elsewhere,,,, and appropriate.

I asked for STRENGTH and the CREATOR gave me DIFFICULTIES to make me STRONG
    I asked for WISDOM and the CREATOR gave me PROBLEMS to SOLVE
    I asked for PROSPERITY and the CREATOR gave me my BRAIN and my STRENGTH to WORK
    I asked for COURAGE and the CREATOR gave me DANGER to OVERCOME
    I asked for LOVE and the CREATOR gave me TROUBLED PEOPLE to HELP
    I asked for FAVORS and the CREATOR gave me OPPORTUNITIES
    My CREATOR LOVES me SO MUCH he gave me NOTHING I WANTED
    My CREATOR LOVES me SO MUCH he gave me EVERYTHING I NEEDED

sums it up nicely.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

If you render unto Caesar, and have fallen on hard times and Caesar will render unto you and others in your situation then you should take the welfare.

I remember people criticizing Ron Paul for pork and taking what he could. I think his response was that you work within the law and if you are entitled to something then take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If you render unto Caesar, and have fallen on hard times and Caesar will render unto you and others in your situation then you should take the welfare.

I remember people criticizing Ron Paul for pork and taking what he could. I think his response was that you work within the law and if you are entitled to something then take it.
    If your Faith is in Caesar,, then trust in Caesar.

"Behold, all of them are false; Their works are worthless, Their molten images are wind and emptiness."
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If your Faith is in Caesar,, then trust in Caesar.
    Upon your own admission you stated that you pay taxes and take applicable deductions. Legitimately collecting welfare is not any different than taking appropriated deductions.

If you are poor and old and your health fails, you will be put on Title 19 Medicaid. Medicaid is free insurance, health care for the indigent.

Upon your own admission you stated that you pay taxes and take applicable deductions. Legitimately collecting welfare is not any different than taking appropriated deductions.
    Two totally different things..
    I pay,,and have paid Tax. as required.. legal deductions are just what I pay..
    I render to Caesar what is due to Caesar.
    Taking that stolen money I will not do. That money was stolen. I repented of theft long ago.

I paid into SS,, (involuntarily) I will take SS at 62. if I get there.

I had a contract with the Government once.. I will take any necessary repair at any VA hospital. If needed. and it has not been since 1979 repair.
    God keeps me healthy. Fed, clothed, and Medicated..
    As much as I fought against the move,, it has worked out well... because God always knows better than we do.

I will be here doing time till He takes me home.. He will take care of me in the mean time.

Welfare is stolen Money,, and No Christian Believer should be begging from the devil.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Taking that stolen money I will not do. That money was stolen. I repented of theft long ago.

I paid into SS,, (involuntarily) I will take SS at 62. if I get there.
    The SS benefits you will receive will have come from the payroll taxes paid by others (your payroll taxes have gone to pay for the benefits of those already receiving SS), so by your reasoning they're stolen as well. You can't have it both ways.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Legitimately collecting welfare is not any different than taking appropriated deductions.
    Ummm...no.

Keeping my money does not equal stealing my neighbor's.

Money is worthless..
    Not to minor children who still have to survive when parents die.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Not to minor children who still have to survive when parents die.
    So, why not say you just DON"T trust God?

if you don't trust Him ,,, pretending you do won't help..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ummm...no.

Keeping my money does not equal stealing my neighbor's.
    Once the government takes your money, they allocate it as they wish.

Social Security is not your money. Ponzi scheme.

Once the government takes your money, they allocate it as they wish.

Social Security is not your money. Ponzi scheme.
    If you go there it is not even YOURS..

It is Caesars..
    And he only allows you to use it. as he sees fit.

and YES,, I will use money. I am subject to the world system while I am here.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you go there it is not even YOURS..

It is Caesars..
    And he only allows you to use it. as he sees fit.

and YES,, I will use money. I am subject to the world system while I am here.
    If that is true then there is nothing wrong with taking what Caesar will allow you to have.

If that is true then there is nothing wrong with taking what Caesar will allow you to have.
    I don't want the Devils help..

I trust God..

Which is the point of this thread.... Faith in God v Faith in the World.

If you have no faith,, if you can't trust God,,,, then what do you trust?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I don't want the Devils help..

I trust God..

Which is the point of this thread.... Faith in God v Faith in the World.

If you have no faith,, if you can't trust God,,,, then what do you trust?
    You are a remarkable person! God will take care of you!

You are a remarkable person! God will take care of you!
    I am unique.. not necessarily remarkable.. and Yes, He does.

Though I wish My faith were stronger too.. But that is what growing is about.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yep. Satan is a thing, too.
    A Being. an intelligent and malignant being.
    Fear is a favored tool..

and insurance is sold on FEAR.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Fear is a favored tool..

and insurance is sold on FEAR.
    Isn't religion sold on fear? (Repent, or you'll go to Hell...)
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Isn't religion sold on fear? (Repent, or you'll go to Hell...)
    Religion might be,, but Faith is exact opposite.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Should a Christian that lives near a volcano purchase insurance?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should a Christian that lives near a volcano purchase insurance?
    They should move when told to..

And yes,, they would have known and moved.. (the Spirit of God would tell them)

Insurance is required at times.. It is a part of the world system..

and I do what I must as far as government requirements. ( there should be less)

I do not trust in govt. or insurance.. it is a render unto requirement..

I have one and a half years yet to see what funds I can recover. If there are any there when I get there,, and if I get there..

But I am here and I am fine ...and I am watching.

My trust and Faith are in God alone. and this planet is about to see what real malevolence looks like.
    Any with eyes already see it.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Pcosmar, do you recommend insurance to a person that owns property outright in a flood zone or volcano area?

Pcosmar, do you recommend insurance to a person that owns property outright in a flood zone or volcano area?
    No,, I don't recommend insurance. I recommend Salvation.
    But it will likely be required by the Banks that loan money.

I recommend that they be aware of such,, and make preparations for such..

Lava can flow all around a protected home without touching it..
    Though this worlds wealth is worthless,,, and those that understand that don't waste effort on such.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-15-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12