Y Berman Y Eagle N Jones Y Pigman N Stone
    Y Beshears Y Edwards-Walpole Y Killebrew Y Plakon Y Sullivan
    Y Bileca N Fant Y La Rosa Y Plasencia Y Toledo
    Y Boyd Y Fine Y Latvala N Ponder Y Trujillo
    Y Brodeur N Fischer N Lee Y Porter Y Trumbull
    N Brown Y Fitzenhagen Y Leek N Pritchett - Vacant 114
    Y Burgess Y Geller Y Magar Y Raburn - Vacant 33
    Y Burton N Gonzalez Y Mariano Y Raschein - Vacant 39
    N Byrd N Good Y Massullo Y Renner N Watson, B.
    N Caldwell Y Goodson N McClain N Richardson N Watson, C.
    Y Clemons N Grall Y McClure Y Rodrigues N White
    Y Corcoran N Grant, J. N McGhee Y Rommel Y Willhite
    Y Cortes, B. Y Grant, M. N Mercado Y Roth N Williams
    N Cortes, J. Y Gruters Y Metz N Russell N Williamson
    N Cruz Y Hager N Miller, M. Y Santiago N Yarborough
    Total Yeas: 67 Total Nays: 50 Total Abstained: 0 Total Missed: 3 Total Votes: 117

https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti...2&SessionId=86
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 03-07-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is the roll call from the Senate vote:

The Florida Senate

Date: 03/05/2018

Session Day: 56

2018 Regular Session

Time: 06:21 PM

Calendar Page: 5CS/SB 7026

Third ReadingYeas - 20 Nays - 18 Not Voting - 0

Presiding - President Negron

N Baxley-12
    Y Garcia-36
    Y Simmons-9
    Y Bean-4
    N Gibson-6
    Y Simpson-10
    Y Benacquisto-27
    N Grimsley-26
    Y Stargel-22
    Y Book-32
    N Hukill-14
    N Steube-23
    N Bracy-11
    Y Hutson-7
    N Stewart-13
    Y Bradley-5
    N Lee-20
    N Taddeo-40
    Y Brandes-24
    Y Mayfield-17
    N Thurston-33
    N Braynon-35
    Y Montford-3
    N Torres-15
    Y Broxson-1
    Y Passidomo-28
    Y Young-18
    N Campbell-38
    Y Perry-8
    Y President Negron-25
    N Farmer-34
    N Powell-30
    Y Flores-39
    Y Rader-29
    N Gainer-2
    N Rodriguez-37
    Y Galvano-21
    N Rouson-19

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...ab=VoteHistory
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I was pretty sure they would pass it.

While more gun control hasn't worked in major U.S. cities that have tried to implement it, stricter gun control pretty successful in Australia according to: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN0XP0HG

I'm not trying to be a troll or say gun control is the answer, I'm just making an observation.

They've passed it, so let's see how it goes. If it doesn't work, other states will be able to use that data to reject the idea that stricter gun control is the answer. If it does work, then it will be more difficult to make claims that gun control won't address the problem.

I agree that the real problem is moral decay (not guns or mental health issues) and am interested to see how they decide to address that.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Liberty View Post

While more gun control hasn't worked in major U.S. cities that have tried to implement it, stricter gun control pretty successful in Australia according to: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN0XP0HG

I'm not trying to be a troll or say gun control is the answer, I'm just making an observation.

They've passed it, so let's see how it goes. If it doesn't work, other states will be able to use that data to reject the idea that stricter gun control is the answer. If it does work, then it will be more difficult to make claims that gun control won't address the problem.

I agree that the real problem is moral decay (not guns or mental health issues) and am interested to see how they decide to address that.
    Australian gun control has not worked, that is a lie the anti-gunners push.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Australian gun control has not worked, that is a lie the anti-gunners push.
    Ya you are 19 times more likely to be stabbed than shot, the violent crime in Australia has gone up since the gun buyback.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya you are 19 times more likely to be stabbed than shot, the violent crime in Australia has gone up since the gun buyback.
    And they still have mass shootings.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

What does it do? Will the Governor sign it?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Yah, the gov, Rick Scott is in favor of it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dunno the details, but let's see, here's the bill summary and my .02:

* Citing this act as the “Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act”; -- whatever

* authorizing the awarding of grants through the Crime Stoppers Trust Fund for student crime watch programs; -- Hmmm, training kids to watch the shooter come in? OK

* establishing the Office of Safe Schools within the Department of Education; -- more bureaucracy will surely keep crazy shooters from killing kids, just look at how well the DHS has done to keep us safe...

* providing that each sheriff may establish a Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program and appoint certain volunteer school employees as school guardians; -- Appoint a volunteer? OK. Still, seems like the right direction, let those who want to carry a better defense tool do so.

* prohibiting a person who has been adjudicated mentally defective or been committed to a mental institution from owning or possessing a firearm until certain relief is
    obtained; -- Good intentions, potentially serious unintended (intended?) side-effects? http://komonews.com/news/local/seatt...tal-health-law

* prohibiting a person younger than a certain age from purchasing a firearm; -- Won't make a difference?

* prohibiting specified acts relating to the sale and possession of bump-fire stocks; -- Won't make a difference?

* creating the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission within the Department of Law Enforcement, -- More bureaucracy, yay.

* etc.-- etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    He has a lot invested in it and he was down at the House twisting the arms of legislators to get them to vote for it. So I doubt he'll veto, but literally no one is happy with this bill so it would be in his best interest to veto it.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Liberty View Post

If one were looking for moral decay, they need not look further than the Florida Legislature.

Maybe they should pass a Law to ban themselves and then get real goddamn jobs.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

The Governor signed the legislation. It is really bad. The NRA is suing the state.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Getting stabbed hurts .