Thread: Gun Confiscation Has Begun.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The unidentified man forced to surrender his guns is accused by neighbors of intimidating people by staring them down with a gun holstered on his person, according to KATU. A neighbor who knew the suspect alleged the man was “roaming the hallways with a .25-caliber automatic,” which scared some residents.
    https://ijr.com/2018/03/1072390-seat...reme-risk-law/

He looked at them.. and scared them.

and that is all it took.

I was expecting it to be done by Doctors note,, but no.

It will be done by anonymous call,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    https://ijr.com/2018/03/1072390-seat...reme-risk-law/

and that is all it took.

I was expecting it to be done by Doctors note,, but no.

It will be done by anonymous call,,
    And when they want they will make the anonymous call themselves.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And when they want they will make the anonymous call themselves.
    Perhaps,, but I suspect there will be no shortage in callers..

SWATTing has already proven effective.

all they need is resistance.

I hope they get Resistance. Well planned and prepared resistance.. perhaps even mutual assistance.

Mutual Assistance Resistance.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Well then WTF happens if a guy in this position has an idea of who phoned in the tip? Why not phone tip retaliate against the neighbor and sick the cops on them?

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Well then WTF happens if a guy in this position has an idea of who phoned in the tip? Why not phone tip retaliate against the neighbor and sick the cops on them?
    Neighbor Wars: SWAT Edition

It would make a great Reality Show.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

swat bots.
    you can create digital swarming of ANYTHING now.
    we have an app for that.

The unidentified man forced to surrender his guns is accused by neighbors of intimidating people by staring them down with a gun holstered on his person, according to KATU. A neighbor who knew the suspect alleged the man was “roaming the hallways with a .25-caliber automatic,” which scared some residents.
    OMG he was carrying a gun? In public???

Without a badge!??!?!??
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought Trump was Republican?

Well, things have sure taken an ugly turn.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

As many of us doom and gloom folks predicted they would, only to get shouted down.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Well, things have sure taken an ugly turn.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    and that is all it took.
    That describes about every cop I've ever known, I guess I have some tips to make.

I share your concern, and the slanted komonews.com article is full of errors , but they do mention an ERPO, so it seems like there was some due process here, based on the "volume of complaints" received "over the past year." Which, of course, someone in the apt complex called "an immediate crisis."

I agree this is a totally predictable and expected result of such 'protective' measures....sigh
    Last edited by buck000; 03-07-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    I share your concern, and the slanted komonews.com article is full of errors ,
    What errors? I have read several.
    https://mynorthwest.com/917703/spd-e...tection-order/

No crime. Simply calls from scared people.

No crime committed. No investigation. No mental health test,, or previous issue.
    No Due Process
    a 911 call
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2018/0...eizes-handgun/

Seattle PD Crisis Response Squad Serves Extreme Risk Protection Order Warrant, Seizes Handgun

Written by Detective Patrick Michaud on March 2, 2018 2:30 pm

The Seattle Police Department became the first law enforcement agency in Washington State to serve an Extreme Risk Protection Order warrant on Thursday when officers from SPD’s Crisis Response Squad seized a handgun from a man in downtown Seattle.

Over the last year, police had received multiple calls about the man’s escalating behavior. In one recent incident, staff at a restaurant near the man’s home called police and reported that the man was harassing them while carrying a holstered firearm. Police also seized a shotgun from the man in another incident.

Due to his numerous contacts with police and escalating behavior, SPD’s Crisis Response Squad filed for an Extreme Risk Protection Order, requiring the man to turn over all firearms. After the man failed to turn over his firearms or appear in court for a hearing on the order, police obtained a warrant and responded to the man’s apartment in the 2200 block of 2nd Avenue just after 1 p.m. on March 1st and took him into custody.

The 31-year-old man met officers outside of his apartment and was taken into custody for violating a previous order to turn over his firearms. Officers then entered the man’s apartment and recovered a .25 caliber handgun. Police are also working to obtain several other firearms owned by the man, which are currently in possession of a family member.

"He has a gun and doesnt have a badge! Im so scared! Protect me!"

Why? Do you have some sort of intent of pissing this person off? Do you want to give him a reason to use his gun? If not, then what the $#@! are you worried about?

Wanna know what I say when I see a person with a gun and no badge? "Hey Bob, how are the kids?"

Its a matter of "Being afraid of Guns". Its a consequence of Fearmongering, not a responsible armed public.

So, the real question is "who is afraid of the public having guns"? Very easy answer. Those are the people that have INTENT to give those people a valid reason to use those guns. Such as those who would kill you for refusing to pay taxes or support the endless Debt and Death paradigm. The same ones that seem to have the intent to destroy this country to begin with. THOSE are the people that are afraid of guns because they know damn good and well that people WILL resist their Tyranny.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 03-07-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Some say the FBI should be tracking such people and stop them before they can do something "serious". http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...chool-shooting

Some say the FBI should be tracking such people and stop them before they can do something "serious". http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...chool-shooting
    Good try. There is a difference between staring and actually, verbally, stating mal-intent.

Theyre talking to the wrong people. The only part of govt that actually listens to us is the NSA, not the FBI.

Many of the unstable people who have gone on their shooting sprees themselves had been reported to the FBI by multiple people prior to their attacks. Thus, contacting the FBI does not do any good. Perhaps this is an issue of Reputation? The Reputation of the FBI is that currently they do not act on information given.

---

I still think there are two big contributing factors to school shootings.

#1 - Drugs. Namely SSRI drugs.
    #2 - School ITSELF

Nothing damages a persons psyche more than Public Schools. If they are attacking the schools, maybe these people feel that they have already been violated by the schools? We all know how bad schools are, but perhaps not the extent they damage individuality that these people have suffered from to begin with. They arent going after the mailmen, or park rangers, or politicians, or bankers, or other classes of people other than the people they feel have done them the most harm. Should we maybe be taking a look at the negative effects that schools have on people? Why is it that we continue to look at the shooters as the problem and not the result of another existing system?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Theyre talking to the wrong people. The only part of govt that actually listens to us is the NSA, not the FBI.

Many of the unstable people who have gone on their shooting sprees themselves had been reported to the FBI by multiple people prior to their attacks. Thus, contacting the FBI does not do any good. Perhaps this is an issue of Reputation? The Reputation of the FBI is that currently they do not act on information given.

---

I still think there are two big contributing factors to school shootings.

#1 - Drugs. Namely SSRI drugs.
    #2 - School ITSELF

Nothing damages a persons psyche more than Public Schools. If they are attacking the schools, maybe these people feel that they have already been violated by the schools? We all know how bad schools are, but perhaps not the extent they damage individuality that these people have suffered from to begin with. They arent going after the mailmen, or park rangers, or politicians, or bankers, or other classes of people other than the people they feel have done them the most harm. Should we maybe be taking a look at the negative effects that schools have on people? Why is it that we continue to look at the shooters as the problem and not the result of another existing system?

You are right- if there were no schools, there would be no school shootings. How many millions attended public schools without shooting any of their classmates?

School shootings are so rare that one cannot say anything in particular is a cause.