View Poll Results: Are steel tariffs a bad idea?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 64.52%
  • No

9 29.03%
  • What?

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are steel tariffs a bad idea?

Are steel tariffs a bad idea?

Time for another poll.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I voted!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I voted .

And for the next poll, are benevolent dictators a bad idea.

this forum is actually divided on tariffs.

what a $#@!ing joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post

what a $#@!ing joke.
    A benevolent dictator wouldn't be so bad, if he truly had our best interests at heart, like for example requiring people to brush their teeth
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    A benevolent dictator wouldn't be so bad, if he truly had our best interests at heart, like for example requiring people to brush their teeth
    Free whitening for yellow teeth owners.

what a $#@!ing joke.
    You should have seen the discussion on open borders.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    open borders
    -rep
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Benevolent dictator is how I think of myself .

Other:

Flat, uniform tariffs on everything that crosses the border, or nothing at all. Targeting specific industries reeks of protectionism.
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

It's too bad this poll is anonymous. It would be nice to see the pro-tariff trolls out themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Other:

Flat, uniform tariffs on everything that crosses the border, or nothing at all. Targeting specific industries reeks of protectionism.
    Actually it reeks of winning because Trump can use it to negotiate and make deals with other countries and batten down their tariffs.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    It's too bad this poll is anonymous. It would be nice to see the pro-tariff trolls out themselves.
    What's going to happen is we are going to be exposed to less taxation because the media and experts are full of $#@! as usual and Trump knows what he is doing.

He is going to negotiate lower tariffs and we will have more free markets as a result. You are just looking at it from one side, wanting to have the freedom to buy from other countries without getting taxed.

Well, maybe some people want the freedom to sell to other countries without being taxed as much.

Maybe actually sticking up for ourselves and telling countries to stop taking advantage of us and give us better deals will actually get us better deals.

Have you thought of that?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Other:

Should have voted Yes. The poll asked about the protective steel tarrifs.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

what a $#@!ing joke.
    Those who support the site mission unanimously oppose tariffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Actually it reeks of winning because Trump can use it to negotiate and make deals with other countries and batten down their tariffs.
    Winning!
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Those who support the site mission unanimously oppose tariffs.
    Would you support a 1% tariff between our country and Country A if Country A agreed to lower their tariff on us from 40% to 10%?

That is overall lower taxation. That is supportive of the site mission.

Is sticking a gun in my face to peddle influence and promote a vague brand because fear and or pride, a bad idea.

But I have a crystal ball!
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

It's possible. In any case, I'd be buying stock in US steel right now if I had any money to invest.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Is sticking a gun in my face to peddle influence and promote a vague brand because fear and or pride, a bad idea.

Hey, never mind hundreds of years worth of accumulated wisdom and hard practical experience, analyzed by some of the finest minds in economics. Trump is a $#@!ing genius. He knows what he's doing. /s
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

* continues ditch diving for scrap metal *
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

* continues ditch diving for scrap metal *
    You shouldn't be making fun of our major export.

You shouldn't be making fun of our major export.
    What is this "our" thing that people keep using?

Ron Paul

What is this "our" thing that people keep using?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

The United States of America (USA), commonly known as the United States (U.S.) or America, is a federal republic composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions. At 3.8 million square miles (9.8 million km2) and with over 325 million people, the United States is the world's third- or fourth-largest country by total area and the third-most populous. The capital is Washington, D.C., and the largest city by population is New York City. Forty-eight states and the capital's federal district are contiguous and located in North America between Canada and Mexico. The state of Alaska is in the northwest corner of North America, bordered by Canada to the east and across the Bering Strait from Russia to the west. The state of Hawaii is an archipelago in the mid-Pacific Ocean. The U.S. territories are scattered about the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, stretching across nine official time zones.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Free Trade is like pacifism, it is a great idea but it has limits, I practice pacifism with my friends and family and anyone who doesn't assault me but you need to carry a weapon in case you are assaulted, we have been assaulted on trade and it is time to draw our weapons (tariffs) and fight back.
    There are thresholds below which you no longer have the capacity to rebuild in any reasonable length of time or before you are forced to surrender to the enemy, the south lost the war of northern aggression because as Rhett Butler puts it in Gone with the wind "there is not a cannon factory in the whole south".

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It's possible. In any case, I'd be buying stock in US steel right now if I had any money to invest.
    specs beat you by about 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Hey, never mind hundreds of years worth of accumulated wisdom and hard practical experience, analyzed by some of the finest minds in economics. Trump is a $#@!ing genius. He knows what he's doing. /s

Dreams of victory! +rep

Would you support a 1% tariff between our country and Country A if Country A agreed to lower their tariff on us from 40% to 10%?

That is overall lower taxation. That is supportive of the site mission.
    How do you know it makes other countries lower their tariffs? Maybe they'll raise them in retaliation.

And selling any company that uses steel like auto manufacturers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast