Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Korea Ready To Denuclearize "If Regime Safety Is Guaranteed"

North Korea Ready To Denuclearize "If Regime Safety Is Guaranteed"

Francine Lacqua-@flacqua · 2 min
    NKOREA OPEN TO DENUCLEARIZE IF REGIME SAFETY GUARANTEED: SKOREA

BREAKING: Seoul: North Korea promises not to use nuclear and conventional weapons against South Korea - @AP

MORE: Seoul: North Korea says it has no reason to possess nuclear weapons if it has security guarantee - @AP

NorthKorea and #SouthKorea agree to establish "hotline" between leaders to reduce military tensions

Pyongyang, Seoul agree to hold Korean Summit in April - reports
    Sputnik

Breakthrough: North Korea Ready To Denuclearize "If Regime Safety Is Guaranteed"
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...safety-assured

Let's let this wine 'breathe'... shall we?
    Last edited by goldenequity; 03-06-2018 at 08:55 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Possible progress being made in talks with North Korea... The World is watching and waiting! May be false hope, but the U.S. is ready to go hard in either direction!"

What? And take a threat off the table? The neo cons must be having nightmares.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is what the Neocons want because they think it will destabilize China. The only reason why the North Koreans are backing down is because they have been cracking down on the sanctions and not letting China or Russia pay off the North Korean regime by stopping all the ships that try to bypass the sanctions. This is the North Korean regime wanting safety from their old overlords and then Washington gets to move their barrier around China up a notch.

We don't know the 'conditions' yet... lots of 'options'
    (US out of SK? Russia base IN NK? would be the extremes... lots in between but NONE palatable to the Empire.. almost guaranteed)
    This is NOT NK 'bowing' to Trump pressure
    this is 'chess' to rightfully portray/expose the hegemons as the 'impediments to peace' that they truly are.
    Similarities to Syria and Iraq and Afghanistan all painting the same 'picture'.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Probably not, we promised similar to gaddafi to get him to disarm. worked out well for the neocons.

Step 1: Stop the 'drills'

The United States could phase out its military activities near the Korean Peninsula to signal its readiness for negotiations with North Korea, the First Deputy Head of the Russian State Duma Defense Committee, Alexander Sherin, said.
    http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?pg=3&id=815189

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Breakthrough: North Korea Ready To Denuclearize "If Regime Safety Is Guaranteed"
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...safety-assured

C'mon, you could have posted a couple sentences...

Score another diplomatic victory for Trump, whose hard line negotiating tactic appears to have generated a dramatic - and favorable for market - outcome. Moments ago futures spiked, 10Y yields jumped and the USDJPY bounced about 106 on what the FT dubbed a "diplomatic breakthrough" that North and South Korea have agreed to hold direct talks between their leaders with North Korea signalling it is willing to abandon its nuclear program "if regime security can be guaranteed."
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    C'mon, you could have posted a couple sentences...
    Well honestly danno... I started reading the ZH piece and I just found it jumping to 'conclusions' that were (imo) totally pre-mature.
    I will wait at LEAST 24/48 until the 'other' shoe drops. It's going to yunno.
    Let's be patient and see what it is B 4 we all start clapping like trained seals.

Well honestly danno... I started reading the ZH piece and I just found it jumping to 'conclusions' that were (imo) totally pre-mature.
    I will wait at LEAST 24/48 until the 'other' shoe drops. It's going to yunno.
    Let's be patient and see what it is B 4 we all start clapping like trained seals.
    If you recall, Trump got the North and South Korea talks going to begin with that got the Olympics deal going. He asked the President of South Korea to give him credit for those talks.

After the talks happened, the neocons in Trump's cabinet all came out and said the talks weren't sanctioned by the US. The President helped to make them happen, asked to be given credit, but then all the neocons flipped out and said the exact opposite.

The neocons have been telling him not to institute tariffs. He had to just come out and announce it without getting the go-ahead from anybody in his cabinet because nobody was on board.

One of these days you will realize that Trump and his cabinet are not on the same page, Trump is in charge, and Trump is winning.

NATO also promised Russia not to expand east of Berlin (or something like that) and I think Gaddafi made the same deal too when he got rid of his chemical weapons and look at what it got him. We would see how that works out for them in 10 yrs.

If you recall, Trump got the North and South Korea talks going to begin with that got the Olympics deal going. He asked the President of South Korea to give him credit for those talks.
    I followed it closely. Very closely. Following each of the Yonhap bulletins as they came out.
    That was never my impression nor conclusion concerning the sequenced evolution of
    what actually
    and
    how actually
    it 'happened'.

The 'efforts' were PURELY S. Korean... decidedly so... not Trump's and not little kimmie.
    AFTER the 'breakthroughs' began...
    a decidedly and obvious (and wise) 'announcement' by Moon was made embracing the US with a 'unified' US/SK posture.
    It was 'noticeable' for it's 'ass kissing'... who can blame them.
    It was through NO effort of Donald (that was ever reported at the time.)

To 'claim' it now is revisionism. It's not 'how' it happened.

========

I am not anti-Trump. I am not pro-Trump.
    I will applaud him when I see him go against the Empire.
    I'm not seeing it and I hope for and look HARD for it every day.
    I want my country back foreign and domestic.

I understand his tax/trade strategies. I'm with him.
    I understand his narcissism and obvious flaws too.
    That's about it.
    I'm not polemic about it all... I try not to be.
    You argue for him constantly. That's fine w/ me.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 03-06-2018 at 04:25 PM.

I don't usually talk about Q in the open forums but he has been predicting an end to the Korean war and peaceful reunification, according to him it has to do with behind the scenes spy games, the way he tells it NK has been a CIA sock-puppet but the CIA has been deprived of control of it now.

(the best enemies money can buy)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I followed it closely. Very closely. Following each of the Yonhap bulletins as they came out.
    That was never my impression nor conclusion concerning the sequenced evolution of
    what actually
    and
    how actually
    it 'happened'.

The 'efforts' were PURELY S. Korean... decidedly so... not Trump's and not little kimmie.
    AFTER the 'breakthroughs' began...
    a decidedly and obvious (and wise) 'announcement' by Moon was made embracing the US with a 'unified' US/SK posture.
    It was 'noticeable' for it's 'ass kissing'... who can blame them.
    It was through NO effort of Donald (that was ever reported at the time.)

To 'claim' it now is revisionism. It's not 'how' it happened.
    Wow, you seem to be tunneling the deep state media.. that makes no sense at all. Don't go TDS on me bro..

Let's step back and think about this for a minute.

The US has always had a lot of control over South Korean politics, obviously..

And, obviously, the media cannot report on a private conversation that was had between Trump and Moon.. so obviously they are going to stick to deep state talking points in that regard..

Why would Trump ask Moon to give him credit, and why would Moon give Trump credit if it was not something that had been discussed beforehand and OK'd by Trump?

Moon can't do anything by himself, if he could, they would have probably made up with NK decades ago.

Trump gets credit for this because he can and he did give Moon permission to go ahead with the talks when no other President would have been allowed to do that, as we could see by Trump's cabinet's reaction.. but Trump did it anyway, like he did with tariffs... and it worked.

Wow, you seem to be tunneling the deep state media.. that makes no sense at all. Don't go TDS on me bro..
    Let's step back and think about this for a minute.
    The US has always had a lot of control over South Korean politics, obviously..
    And, obviously, the media cannot report on a private conversation that was had between Trump and Moon.. so obviously they are going to stick to deep state talking points in that regard..
    Why would Trump ask Moon to give him credit, and why would Moon give Trump credit if it was not something that had been discussed beforehand and OK'd by Trump?
    Moon can't do anything by himself, if he could, they would have probably made up with NK decades ago.
    Trump gets credit for this because he can and he did give Moon permission to go ahead with the talks when no other President would have been allowed to do that, as we could see by Trump's cabinet's reaction.. but Trump did it anyway, like he did with tariffs... and it worked.
    I would concede that as logical/probable.

I'm back to 'Let's wait'.
    To theorize over another Trump 'master' plan or 'Good Cop/Bad Cop' technique at play... is what all the other boards will argue about.
    I'm just bored with going there at each and every turn of events.
    I want to see what NK 'expects' for their uni-lateral disarmament.
    I suspect it will be more than 'promises'.
    Don't you???
    Let's wait.
    Cheers.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Trump on Tuesday warily welcomed word of a possible diplomatic breakthrough with North Korea, cautioning that it “may be false hope” but praising international efforts to get the Stalinist regime to abandon its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.“Possible progress being made in talks with North Korea. For the first time in many years, a serious effort is being made by all parties concerned,” Trump said on Twitter. “The World is watching and waiting! May be false hope, but the U.S. is ready to go hard in either direction!”

Later Tuesday, in the Oval Office with visiting Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven, Trump sounded slightly more optimistic.
    “We have come certainly a long way,” the president said, adding that successful talks would be “a great thing for the world.”

Trump declined to label the announcement a breakthrough, or to say whether he had any preconditions for starting negotiations.

Moon’s office also said that the two Koreas would hold a summit in April on neutral ground, in the Peace House at Panmunjom, on their shared border, and that the two leaders would establish a hotline. The statement also said North Korea aimed to “normalize” relations with the U.S.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-hai...151459348.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't usually talk about Q in the open forums but he has been predicting an end to the Korean war and peaceful reunification, according to him it has to do with behind the scenes spy games, the way he tells it NK has been a CIA sock-puppet but the CIA has been deprived of control of it now.

(the best enemies money can buy)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHzp1M24Fsw

If regime safety is guaranteed
    Sure. We promise.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Barely 12 hours after a "breakthrough" report that North Korean leaders might be willing to shut down their nuclear program and surrender their existing nukes in exchange for assurances that the regime's safety would be guaranteed, the State Department announced that it would impose yet another round of economic sanctions on the North - its second batch of sanctions within the span of two weeks, per Reuters.

MORE: State Department says it imposes additional sanctions on North Korea over assassination pic.twitter.com/mMiHuIJyk8
    — Reuters Top News (@Reuters) March 7, 2018
    The sanctions are being levied because the US has obtained solid evidence that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un ordered the assassination of his older half-brother, Kim Jong Nam, who was murdered in 2017 at an airport in Kuala Lampur when two young female assassins exposed him to a nerve agent, the US has determined.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ng-nam-killing

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Korea also promised (and even signed agreements) to end their nuclear program as recently as 2005.

I want to see what NK 'expects' for their uni-lateral disarmament.
    I suspect it will be more than 'promises'.
    Don't you???
    Let's wait.
    Cheers.
    sound of the 'other shoe' dropping?

N. Korea claims S. Koreans want withdrawal of U.S. forces
    http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...003900315.html

SEOUL, March 14 (Yonhap) -- North Korea on Wednesday slammed the ongoing negotiations between South Korea and the United States
    to renew their deal on defense cost sharing, claiming that South Koreans want the withdrawal of U.S. forces from the peninsula.

The North's claim comes ahead of a planned summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and its leader Kim Jong-un that would be held by May.
    It fuels speculation that the North may seek to strengthen its bargaining power ahead of the talks, experts say.

The North has long insisted that the some 28,500 American forces stationed in South Korea should be pulled out for peace.
    Analysts said that Pyongyang might seek inter-Korean unification by force if U.S. troops are withdrawn.
    (right.)

The Rodong Sinmun, the newspaper of the North's ruling party, condemned Seoul and Washington's latest talks on defense cost sharing,
    claiming South Koreans are the ones who hope for the troops' withdrawal.

"What South Koreans want is an unconditional withdrawal of U.S. troops from the South,
    an unwelcome guest that poses a threat to peace and security on the Korean Peninsula," the newspaper said.

sound of the 'other shoe' dropping?

N. Korea claims S. Koreans want withdrawal of U.S. forces
    http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...003900315.html

SEOUL, March 14 (Yonhap) -- North Korea on Wednesday slammed the ongoing negotiations between South Korea and the United States
    to renew their deal on defense cost sharing, claiming that South Koreans want the withdrawal of U.S. forces from the peninsula.

The North's claim comes ahead of a planned summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and its leader Kim Jong-un that would be held by May.
    It fuels speculation that the North may seek to strengthen its bargaining power ahead of the talks, experts say.

The North has long insisted that the some 28,500 American forces stationed in South Korea should be pulled out for peace.
    Analysts said that Pyongyang might seek inter-Korean unification by force if U.S. troops are withdrawn.
    (right.)

The Rodong Sinmun, the newspaper of the North's ruling party, condemned Seoul and Washington's latest talks on defense cost sharing,
    claiming South Koreans are the ones who hope for the troops' withdrawal.

"What South Koreans want is an unconditional withdrawal of U.S. troops from the South,
    an unwelcome guest that poses a threat to peace and security on the Korean Peninsula," the newspaper said.
    Bring them home!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bring them home!
    And prepare to take in millions of South Korean and North Korean infiltrators as refuges.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    And prepare to take in millions of South Korean and North Korean infiltrators as refuges.
    We shouldn't, it's time we stopped trying to carry the whole world's problems on our shoulders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I wonder how many people cheering this silly deal would agree to give up their 2nd amendment right for a US guarantee of their safety. Yea, I thought so. Trump can shove that guarantee where the sun don't shine.

The US is relentless, they keep hacking away until they get the regime change they want. Kim Jon Il, do not trust the idiot with the orange hair cos the only guarantee is that the US govt(maybe with a diff president) will come after you.

We shouldn't, it's time we stopped trying to carry the whole world's problems on our shoulders.
    You must know that if we pull out
    now, after we set em up, that we will take them in regardless. That's pretty much a given. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    You must know that if we pull out
    now, after we set em up, that we will take them in regardless. That's pretty much a given. sigh
    We must retract the legions and end the empire, we shouldn't bring in "refugees" but bringing the troops home is more important.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's a "damned if we do and damned if we don't" scenario. I think that it was a mistake getting involved in the first place and our withdrawal should be carefully plotted.

Sweden's top diplomat said Friday that her country stands ready to assist the United States and North Korea in moving forward a historic dialogue between the two nations.Briefing reporters between meetings with her North Korean counterpart, Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom said that the "security situation (on) the Korean Peninsula is of interest to the whole world" and that the Swedish government "values this opportunity to arrange a meeting" between the traditional foes.

North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho had originally been scheduled to hold two days of talks with Wallstrom in Stockholm. Wallstrom spokesman Pezhman Fivrin said Friday that the talks had been extended by a day, without elaborating.

More at: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/16/europ...-+Most+Recent)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast