Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: L.A.'s Massive Homeless Problem

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Has anyone bothered to ask homeless people whether they even want help? For some I'm sure it becomes a lifestyle of freedom. No mortgage to worry about, no electric bill, no building codes, no property taxes, no lawn upkeep.

Throw someone like that in a 'free' home where suddenly they have obligations to meet, and while you might feel good about yourself, they've now been shouldered with a burden that they neither were prepared to take on, or even wanted.
    This is a point that made us take a step back from homelessness here. A lot of the homeless have become local characters, which says they really want to live that kind of life. If they make a choice to nomadic, then they don’t really need my money or my awareness raised. I am really more concerned about families who became homeless through some catastrophe. You want to talk about dividing families? In our town the only places that serve homeless families will only take boys up to age 12, then they have tale their chances at the men’s shelter on the other end of town. This is why I feel like we have to find a way for poor people to own property.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Has anyone bothered to ask homeless people whether they even want help? For some I'm sure it becomes a lifestyle of freedom. No mortgage to worry about, no electric bill, no building codes, no property taxes, no lawn upkeep.

Throw someone like that in a 'free' home where suddenly they have obligations to meet, and while you might feel good about yourself, they've now been shouldered with a burden that they neither were prepared to take on, or even wanted.
    A lot end up there not by choosing to be homeless but because of other things- like being unable to keep a job due to alcohol or drug addictions or mental conditions. It becomes the only life they know- just find a way to get through the next day however you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    A lot end up there not by choosing to be homeless but because of other things- like being unable to keep a job due to alcohol or drug addictions or mental conditions. It becomes the only life they know- just find a way to get through the next day however you can.
    Or maybe not drugs, but their employer went out of business?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Or maybe not drugs, but their employer went out of business?
    That happens as well.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123