Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conservative leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Conservative leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Silverlining here may be that Trump support among democrats should increase after his recent statements:

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump as threat to confiscate guns prompts Second Amendment-related outrage

'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Thursday 1 March 2018

Donald Trump has sparked fury among gun owners and conservatives after repeatedly backing proposals to tighten gun control laws.

The US President called for a “beautiful” bill that would expand background checks on gun buyers, prevent mentally ill people from accessing firearms, and restrict teenagers from buying assault weapons.

The 71-year-old's comments in the hour-long televised meeting with politicians put him at odds with the National Rifle Association (NRA), the gun lobbying organisation which made record contributions to his 2016 presidential campaign.

Read more

Michael Hammond, lawyer for Gun Owners of America, another gun group with more than a million members, accused Mr Trump of becoming the “gun-grabber-in-chief”.

“If he succeeds in doing everything he talked about in the meeting, he will far surpass Barack Obama as an enemy of the Second Amendment,” he said.
    After the meeting, far-right news outlet Breitbart ran a headline reading: "Trump the Gun Grabber: Cedes Dems' Wish List— Bump Stocks, Buying Age, 'Assault Weapons,' Background Checks.”
    Many conservatives also took to social media to express their outrage.
    Tonight's Podcast: Trump was terrible today during a bipartisan meeting on guns, said due process should come after gun confiscation, more. https://t.co/5ZYR7TNFiZ #tcot
    — Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) March 1, 2018

Democrat Joe Manchin and Republican Pat Toomey, who were both at the White House meeting, now plan to reintroduce a failed 2013 bill that would impose background checks for all commercial gun purchases.
    Mr Trump accused Mr Toomey of being “afraid of the NRA” after the senator told the President his bill did not include a ban on 18- to 21-year-olds buying assault weapons.
    “Some of you people are petrified of the NRA. You can’t be petrified,” he added.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8234606.html

Related

Liberal democrat icon Chuck Schumer applauds Trump

CPAC UNBUCKLED: Speaker criticizes attendees for ‘brainless, sinister, clownish' Trumpism

Bannon claims Trump disparaged Sessions to provide “cover” for Kushner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No he's not.

He's on record over the years as being in favor of gun bans and all sorts of gun control.

The frauds and cheats and swindlers in this monumental cluster $#@! are the people who sold him to a gullible public as being something other than what he is: a politically unprincipled liberal from NYC.

about me , 13yrs military , guns i fired .22 up to 20mm gatling gun , i load my own bullets , i have 3 guns , the 2nd says nothing about ammo , i would look for the goverment to put a 1000% tax on bullets .

in 1791 when the 2nd was adopted people had single shot flintlock pistols and muskets , i say let everyone that wants a single shot rifle or pistol its ok .

the only neocon that i have read about that had a gun was dick cheney , while hunting he shot his hunting partner in the face with a shotgun in 2006 .

the 2nd says nothing about age while everyone says its ok for 17 year olds ( i agree if a person had military time ) to buy a gun , if age is no problem why stop at 17 years old , let 12 years old kids buy a gun .

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    about me , 13yrs military , guns i fired .22 up to 20mm gatling gun , i load my own bullets , i have 3 guns , the 2nd says nothing about ammo , i would look for the goverment to put a 1000% tax on bullets .

in 1791 when the 2nd was adopted people had single shot flintlock pistols and muskets , i say let everyone that wants a single shot rifle or pistol its ok .

the only neocon that i have read about that had a gun was dick cheney , while hunting he shot his hunting partner in the face with a shotgun in 2006 .

the 2nd says nothing about age while everyone says its ok for 17 year olds ( i agree if a person had military time ) to buy a gun , if age is no problem why stop at 17 years old , let 12 years old kids buy a gun .
    Your rambling insanity befits your position on guns.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No he's not.

He's on record over the years as being in favor of gun bans and all sorts of gun control.

The frauds and cheats and swindlers in this monumental cluster $#@! are the people who sold him to a gullible public as being something other than what he is: a politically unprincipled liberal from NYC.

^^^^^This. There is NOTHING to be surprised about. It has all been perfectly predictable.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    ^^^^^This. There is NOTHING to be surprised about. It has all been perfectly predictable.
    Even Scott Adams in his video stream today said exactly what I said, Trump was just throwing cold water on the fire so we can move on.

Dilbert, man, c'mon..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I agree, I guess it would also be OK for govt to put a 1000% tax on sending email, posting on forums and writing equipment. Heck the 1st amendment never said anything about email or shyte posting on forums.

So yea, that wouldn't be OK for govt to impede by ability to buy bullets for my gun.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Not to Romney. He is the same person that came to Trump trying to get a position in his cabinet. I dunno what Trump told him to show up but he of all people should have known that he is not to be trusted.

Your time in the military means $#@! all pardner. Conscription for Freedom is also horse$#@!.

No he's not.

While you have a point to an extent, he did present himself as a born-again conservative Republican in 2016 electioning season on NRA/guns, foreign wars spending etc. So can't entirely blame them if any 2nd amend champions feel let down.
    Also, in the face of HRC deceptions and Obama 8 years agony, many peoples were ready to take a risky chance on a candidate with strong skills to pander & to attack Obama/media/opponents etc.

, if age is no problem why stop at 17 years old , let 12 years old kids buy a gun .
    In my state you have to be 14 to hunt with a license on public land. Younger than that you can hunt on private land. An education class is required for 10 year olds. So 12 year olds buying guns wouldn't be all that strange.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Florida Gov. Rick Scott breaks with NRA to sign new gun regulation
    Washington Post 28m ago

Florida Gov. Rick Scott defied his longtime allies at the National Rifle Association Friday to sign into law a new set of gun regulations, three weeks after a school shooting claimed 17 lives in his state. “I am going to do what I think are common sense solutions,” Scott said after the signing. “I think this is the beginning. There is now going to be a real conversation about how we make our schools safe.”

The law, passed by Republican legislative leaders and a number of Democrats, marks a major shift for a state known as a laboratory for gun rights legislation, including legal protections for people who use guns in self-defense and an expansive concealed carry law.

Un-related

Has Jared Kushner Conspired to Defraud America?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/o...acy-fraud.html

So Alex Jones and Tucker/Coulter are Trump critics now?

But unlike Tucker/Coluter, shocking language AJ used about sitting POTUS after recent Syria bombing crossed so many lines :

So Alex Jones FINALLY has enough of Trump? "He just crapped all over us!"

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

Right wing of GOP starting to turn on Trump?

Trump's Friends At Breitbart Brand Him 'Amnesty Don' Over DACA Comments

By Harriet Sinclair On 1/25/18

President Donald Trump’s love of nicknames is well known: from his blasting of presidential rival “Crooked Hillary” Clinton in 2016 to his most recent “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer.

But Trump is unlikely to appreciate the resurgence of the name bestowed upon him by right wing website Breitbart this week: “Amnesty Don.”
    The former home of Trump’s ex-chief strategist Steve Bannon lashed out at the president on Wednesday over his comments that he would be open to finding a route to citizenship for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA).

“We're going to morph into it. It's going to happen at some point in the future," Trump said.
    “If they do a great job, I think it's a nice thing to have the incentive of, after a period of years, being able to become a citizen," he added, also saying Dreamers should “not be concerned,” CNN reported.
    But his comments appear to have angered some of his alt-right supporters.
    Breitbart, which is mentioned in tell-all book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House as being a media outlet whose backing the president does not want to lose, slammed Trump’s DACA comments as being a U-turn on his immigration policies and describing recipients of DACA as “illegal aliens.”
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-britbart-daca-790308

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ata-shows.html

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    H-1B Visas Would Not Be Extended Under Trump's Latest Proposal, Reports Say

Rupert Murdoch 'called Donald Trump a f****** idiot', claims new book
    The Independent Jan 3, 2018
    Mr Murdoch allegedly suggested that it might be difficult to reconcile the administration’s stance on building a roughly 2,000-mile long wall along the US-Mexico border with a favourable, more open stance towards H1B-based immigration.
    “But Trump seemed unconcerned, assuring Murdoch, ‘We’ll figure it out.’ ‘What a $#@!ing idiot,’ said Murdoch, shrugging, as he got off the phone,” wrote Mr Wolff in the book.

Trump’s immigration meeting was lowest day of presidency: Ann Coulter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzUOLOC5eQ

Trump Appears to Endorse Path to Citizenship for Millions of Immigrants
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/09/u...migration.html
    2 days ago - WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday appeared open to negotiating a sweeping immigration deal that would eventually grant millions of undocumented immigrants a pathway to citizenship, declaring that he was willing to “take the heat” politically for an approach that seemed to flatly contradict the ...

NRA Convention Will Allow Guns, Except When Trump and Pence Speak

President Trump Calls for the White House Correspondents' Dinner to be 'Put to Rest'

By Associated Press 2:05 PM EDT

(DALLAS) — Attendees at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting in Dallas can carry their firearms — except during the forum where President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence speak Friday.
    A White House official said Monday that Trump will attend Friday. Pence had already been slated to speak at Friday’s leadership forum,
    The NRA has said on its website that due to Pence’s attendance, the U.S. Secret Service is responsible for security then. It’s standard for the Secret Service to bar firearms from being carried into places visited by the people they protect, regardless of state laws.
    http://time.com/5260099/nra-conventi...s-trump-pence/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Although he seems to be flip flopping again, this criticism seems bit too cold:

No guns allowed at Trump's appearance at NRA convention. Gun-control activists see hypocrisy, what about you?

Dan Sweeney

NRA members had already been informed that they wouldn’t be able to bring firearms (or drones, knives and a list of other banned items) into a speech by Vice President Mike Pence at the organization’s annual convention in Texas this weekend.
    With the announcement that President Donald Trump will also make an appearance, that’s two speakers that attendees who cling to their guns will be unable to hear in person.
    The rules are not those of the NRA, of course, leaders of which have long maintained that, as NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre has put it, “The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.”
    And appearances by Pence and Trump will be guarded by Secret Service — plenty of good guys with guns in the room.
    But the NRA has also been critical of so-called “gun free zones” — including schools where Floridians with concealed carry permits are not allowed to bring their firearms. Florida schools now have a mandate to have armed security at every school in the state.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...430-story.html

NR article in response to NYT article last week linking 2nd amend & slavery:

An Unconvincing Case That Slavery Taints the Second Amendment

By Charles C. W. Cooke
    May 25, 2018 12:21 PM

Carl Bogus (YouTube screengrab via RT) A New York Times piece leaves out key details that devastate its narrative. In the New York Times, Carl Bogus attempts to taint the Second Amendment by linking it to America’s greatest historical evil, slavery. I say “attempt” because Bogus doesn’t make an argument so much as he insinuates, gestures, and implies perfidy with a wink. Where there should be glue, there is handwaving instead. Where one would expect a joint, there is an ellipsis, a “may be,” or a hard-turned “I believe it likely.” As is typical of the genre, the result is as transparent as it is shoddy.

Bogus’s central claim is that the Second Amendment’s “genesis was, at least in part, a concern with preserving a form of governmental tyranny?” You’ll note the cop-out question mark in that sentence — a trick that is also used in the title, “Was Slavery a Factor in the Second Amendment?” To get to this explosive conclusion, Bogus selectively recounts the “background” against which the Bill of Rights was passed, and then, in a remarkable jump, proposes that the context he provides must serve as the best explanation for why at least one state, Virginia, ratified the Bill of Rights, and with it the Second Amendment. Such as it is, Bogus’s case runs like this:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...eading-claims/

Haters gonna hate.

I'm sure there are some Hillary-lovers that are also members of the NRA.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump as threat to confiscate guns prompts Second Amendment-related outrage

'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Thursday 1 March 2018
    Looking at the bright side, US 2nd amendment gun rights are still better than many other non-freedom countries:

The reality is that there is no such bill and therefore nothing to sign. And it's unlikely there will be any such bill under GOP control of Congress, certainly none that would make it through both chambers.

GOA needs to fire this irresponsible big mouthed lawyer.

Here they go again:

NRA uses Trump speech to attack Manchin's gun rights stance

By JOHN RABY Associated Press
    September 5, 2018

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The National Rifle Association is going after the gun-rights stance of U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin in a television ad using a speech by President Donald Trump in the moderate Democrat's home state.
    Trump, at a recent appearance in Charleston, West Virginia, endorsed Manchin's opponent this fall, Republican state Attorney General Patrick Morrisey. Without going into specifics about Manchin, Trump told the audience that Democrats want to take away Second Amendment rights.
    In the 30-second television advertisement , the NRA says Manchin, now running for a second full six-year term, "is part of the problem." NRA spokeswoman Amy Hunter said in an email the senator doesn't support gun owners' rights to defend themselves.
    This is the first of many campaigns in which the NRA expects to weigh in. Other likely targets could include Senate races in North Dakota, Indiana and other red-state contests. Manchin is facing the most difficult re-election campaign of his 30-year career in a state where Trump claimed his largest margin of victory in 2016. The NRA's political arm had endorsed Manchin in the 2012 Senate race.
    On Wednesday, Manchin's campaign quickly responded that the senator will continue to defend gun rights.

Related

'Take the Guns First.' President Trump's Latest Comments on Gun Control Defy the NRA
    http://time.com/5179995/donald-trump...trol-comments/

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The reality is that there is no such bill and therefore nothing to sign. And it's unlikely there will be any such bill under GOP control of Congress, certainly none that would make it through both chambers.
    True that but Dems control House now and Pelosi is being supported by MAGA.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

On the heels of leak that MAGA's first SCOTUS pick was CFR member, his second pick is also not sitting well with GOP-conservative wing:

Abortion opponents are starting to worry Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh isn't the ally they were expecting

• Abortion opponents are starting to worry that Justice Brett Kavanaugh may not be the ally on the high court that they expected.
    • On Monday, the court announced that it would not review two lower court decisions that temporarily banned Louisiana and Kansas from cutting Planned Parenthood's Medicaid funding.
    • "There goes everyone's certainty that Kavanaugh was going to kill abortion," one poster wrote on a popular online forum for individuals in the pro-life movement. Other commenters had harsher things to say.

Tucker Higgins

Published 10 Hours Ago Updated 6 Hours Ago

This if confirmed as nonfakenews could erode MAGA support from conservative base/NRA:

The Trump administration just banned bump stocks for guns

By German Lopez Dec 18, 2018

Mark Wilson/Getty Images President Donald Trump’s administration has banned bump stocks, which effectively let semiautomatic weapons mimic machine guns.
    The administration’s final regulation, likely to officially publish on Friday, will bring bump stocks into the broader federal ban on machine guns starting in late March 2019, forcing people who own bump stocks today to turn in or destroy the devices within 90 days. The administration originally introduced the rule in March 2018, but it needed to go through a formal regulatory approval process to take effect.

No he's not.

If I'm not mistaken, he had converted to genuine Conservatism and abandoned swamp/Dem values before starting 2016 MAGA election campaign. Rest is history.

This is harsh:

Second Amendment News By The Numbers: Bump Stock Ban Makes Trump More Of A Gun Control President Than Obama Ever Was

Trump's most significant gun control policy achievement to date outstrips Obama's by nearly a full order of magnitude.

By Jonathan Wolf

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:29 PM 37Shares

An economist might refer to guns as durable goods. Properly cared for, a firearm will last practically forever. I own a rifle manufactured by the Soviets during World War II. It kicks like a mule, only takes a handful of cartridges at a time, and is operated by bolt action, but it still works as well as I imagine it did the day the Soviets laid it to rest in a grave of cosmoline some 80 years ago. Guns do not readily wear out.

Yet, according to the 2018 firearms commerce report from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, in 2016, the last year for which data is available, 11,497,441 firearms were manufactured in the U.S., including weapons purchased by domestic law enforcement agencies but excluding production for the U.S. military (another 5 million or so guns were imported). There has been quite a prodigious increase over time. The domestic gun production number from 2004, the year the Federal Assault Weapon Ban expired, was only 3,099,025. Such leaps and bounds in production are unusual for a product that does not degrade over time and which already saturates the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast