Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Pal Sold Millions in Steel-Related Stock Days Before Tariff News

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Sure, but it's equally plausible that he knew it was going to be a bigger deal than most people (read: investors) were expecting.

We'll never know.

Suffice it to say, there's a lot of insider trading by politically connected people, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what this was.
    I am big Icahn fan. I would put the odds at zero percent that he did something wrong.

A lot of people involved in corporate raiding went to prison the 80's. The banker who did all Icahn's deals, Michael Milken, and his neighbor Ivan Boesky went to prison for insider trading. Icahn got an anal probe and there wasn't a hint of impropriety. He isn't doing something stupid like this at 82 years old to increase his net worth by .0002%.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I am big Icahn fan. I would put the odds at zero percent that he did something wrong.
    Well, he did endorse Trump.

He isn't doing something stupid like this at 82 years old to increase his net worth by .0002%.
    It's only stupid if you get caught.

A smart inside trader would only use inside info when he can construct a justification for his action based on public information.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You really have to re-evaluate your membership here when you start posting links to think progress to make a point.

The steel tariff talk has been going on for a while.

Next thread.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Is something going behind the scene relating to Deep Stage leaks? It seems as if negative stories about Trump and his close aides/pals have more than doubled this week.

Trump ally reportedly in talks to earn $75 million if he could get the US probe into 1MDB dropped

• Elliot Broidy, a republican donor, and his wife Robin Rosenzweig, discussed setting up a consulting contract with Jho Low, who is at the center of the 1MDB scandal.
    • The contract proposed a $75 million fee for Broidy and his wife if they could get the Justice Department to drop its probe into 1MDB.
    • The Wall Street Journal reviewed a cache of emails which revealed the connections.

Arjun Kharpal | @ArjunKharpal

Published 3 Hours Ago Updated 1 Hour Ago

Related

Jay Clayton as SEC chair akin to a fox guarding a hen house

By Former Sen. Ted Kaufman (D-Del.), Opinion Contributor - 03/13/17The Trump campaign’s final TV commercial last November spelled out his pledge to take on Wall Street. It featured a photo of Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein and a voice over describing “a global power structure that is responsible for the economic decisions that have robbed our working class.”
    If you worked for Goldman Sachs, you might have thought you were in for a tough time when the election results came in.
    It soon became apparent that Goldman had little to fear after the announcements of Trump appointees such as Steven Bannon, Trump's top advisor in the White House and a former Goldman partner; Secretary of Treasury Steven Mnuchin, a former Goldman partner; Chairman of the National Economic Club Gary Cohn, the former president of Goldman and Goldman Sach’s “go-to” lawyer, Walter “Jay” Clayton, for chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...-the-hen-house

A lot of people involved in corporate raiding went to prison the 80's. The banker who did all Icahn's deals, Michael Milken, and his neighbor Ivan Boesky went to prison for insider trading. Icahn got an anal probe and there wasn't a hint of impropriety. He isn't doing something stupid like this at 82 years old to increase his net worth by .0002%.
    I'd just like to say that I bought into his investment partnership because of this thread in march and it has been very good to me.
    And the more I read from him, the more I like.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'd just like to say that I bought into his investment partnership because of this thread in march and it has been very good to me.
    If you are interested in reading about him, read King Icahn. Great read. A lot of the Gordon Gekko scenes like the shareholders scene were based on real life events from Icahn in the 80s. Just the stories in the book on how he negotiates are super entertaining and insightful. I use the Icahn method of wearing people down for everything now.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 08-09-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Oh yea, the man that backed the herbalife ponzi scheme, I am sure he is such a swell guy.

If you are interested in reading about him, read King Icahn. Great read. A lot of the Gordon Gekko scenes like the shareholders scene were based on real life events from Icahn in the 80s. Just the stories in the book on how he negotiates are super entertaining and insightful. I use the Icahn method of wearing people down for everything now.
    thanks, I was just looking for a book on him this morning after reading his press release against a deal. I'll pick that up.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Oh yea, the man that backed the herbalife ponzi scheme, I am sure he is such a swell guy.
    What's wrong with that again? His job is to make money. And he made a fortune in Herbalife. Not to mention it just hit new all time highs. The Ponzi scheme allegation are five years old. At some point you have to admit you are wrong.

What's wrong with that again? His job is to make money. And he made a fortune in Herbalife. Not to mention it just hit new all time highs. The Ponzi scheme allegation are five years old. At some point you have to admit you are wrong.
    at some point you have to realize that some people just aren't worth replying to.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good people are hurt by ponzi schemes and secondly there is more to life than making money. Integrity counts for something.

Good people are hurt by ponzi schemes and secondly there is more to life than making money. Integrity counts for something.
    Nice try, Mr. Integrity.

Do not let them use your values against you.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Nice try, Mr. Integrity.

That's not a joke, good natured people tend to get taken advantage of by people who use their empathy against them.

We are all for free enterprise and greed that creates competing ideas and pits ambition against ambition which brings the best out of humanity and causes the least amount of people to go hungry. That doesn't mean someone is ethical because they did something unethical that was in their personal interests

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Nice try, Mr. Integrity.

Why are u trolling me? I never said I was Mr. Integrity. But I have some integrity and I will not engage in any money making venture that I believe hurts people. That means, no MLM ponzi schemes, 419 romance scams, will not sell hard drugs, will not pimp young women, work for the military or any MIC company etc etc no matter how bad I need the money.

Some people on the other hand don't care how the money comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    We are all for free enterprise and greed that creates competing ideas and pits ambition against ambition which brings the best out of humanity and causes the least amount of people to go hungry. That doesn't mean someone is ethical because they did something unethical that was in their personal interests
    Did u mean to say "someone is unethical" instead of ethical?

1. It was ruled to not be a Ponzi scheme
    2. The role of a market participant is to make money. I would consider passing on a good investment a lack of integrity from a public money manager like Icahn. His job isn't to be a moral arbiter.

Why are u trolling me? I never said I was Mr. Integrity. But I have some integrity and I will not engage in any money making venture that I believe hurts people. That means, no MLM ponzi schemes, 419 romance scams, will not sell hard drugs, will not pimp young women, work for the military or any MIC company etc etc no matter how bad I need the money.

Some people on the other hand don't care how the money comes in.
    What if the hard drugs were legal to sell to someone like alcohol is and it was someone who was already addicted to them and they would die from withdrawals, or is it ethically worse to sell hard drugs to someone who has never tried them knowing they will get addicted?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1. It was ruled to not be a Ponzi scheme
    2. The role of a market participant is to make money. I would consider passing on a good investment a lack of integrity from a public money manager like Icahn. His job isn't to be a moral arbiter.
    I guess you are right, I guess it would also show lack of integrity if he passed on a money making investment dealing with the trade and experimentation of fetal tissues and organs procured from abortion clinics.

Some people have a moral compass that points to good vs bad, other have one that just points to profits vs loss. Not saying the man should go to prison, just not someone I will ever look up to.

What if the hard drugs were legal to sell to someone like alcohol is and it was someone who was already addicted to them and they would die from withdrawals, or is it ethically worse to sell hard drugs to someone who has never tried them knowing they will get addicted?
    Ofc, there are exceptions to every rule. I am sure if you try hard enough, u will find an exception to the rule for just about anything. I am not talking about the very rare exceptions. Also alcohol is not a hard drug.

Ofc, there are exceptions to every rule. I am sure if you try hard enough, u will find an exception to the rule for just about anything. I am not talking about the very rare exceptions. Also alcohol is not a hard drug.
    Well if you look hard enough you can "find" anything that's just humanity. I don't know how you can make exceptions on principles like non aggression or fraud being unethical.

This argument is akin to progressives attacking the "rich" for paying few taxes. The progs neglect to mention that "rich" people actually pay attention to money instead of blowing it on lottery tickets and cigarettes.

If you're some Wall St guy, then you don't have to dig very deep to see something like this coming. While some are sitting on the couch watching tee vee, others are paying attention.

I once heard there are 3 types of people in the world:

1. Those who make things happen
    2. Those who observe what happens
    3. Those who wondered what happened

The people who fall into 2 and 3 always complain about this stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

That's not a joke, good natured people tend to get taken advantage of by people who use their empathy against them.
    Only libertarians.

Well if you look hard enough you can "find" anything that's just humanity. I don't know how you can make exceptions on principles like non aggression or fraud being unethical.
    I really don't understand this post. Find anything that is just humanity? You make exception to rules because no principle covers every scenario in life. It is really that simple.

I really don't understand this post. Find anything that is just humanity? You make exception to rules because no principle covers every scenario in life. It is really that simple.
    see this: it's good to try to be aware of ones bias so you can't succumb to motivated reasoning, its a good way to logically construct things in your head.
    Motivated reasoning is a form of reasoning in which people access, construct, and evaluate arguments in a biased fashion to arrive at or endorse a preferred conclusion. The term motivated in motivated reasoning refers to the fact that people use reasoning strategies that allow them to draw the conclusions they want to draw (i.e., are motivated to draw). Of course, people are not always motivated to confirm their preferred conclusions. Actually, they sometimes are motivated to draw accurate conclusions. However, the term motivated reasoning refers to situations in which people want to confirm their preferred conclusion rather than to situations in which people’s reasoning is driven by an accuracy motivation.

No principle fits the definition of the word principle than. I guess words mean different things to different people.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really enjoyed the book, its a bit dated now but gave a lot of history and insight into the man. thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12