Thread: Rand Paul Bill to Repeal Gun-Free School Zones

Rand Paul Bill to Repeal Gun-Free School Zones

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., introduced legislation on Thursday that would repeal a 1990 law banning guns from school zones, a move that fits with his push to arm teachers and other school personnel so they can prevent school shootings like the one that took place in Florida last month.
    Paul’s bill would repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and all amendments to that law.
    The law bans weapons in and around all public and private K-12 schools, with limited exceptions. Its supporters say the law is needed to reduce violence at schools.

More at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ra...rticle/2650539
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad he realizes that the kids are sitting ducks for any wacko.

Kentucky school district votes to allow teachers to carry concealed weapons
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...chers-to-carry
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Hope they do away with the gun-free zones at the post office too.

Had to go to the post office the other day and had to park across the street, because I had my pistol with me and couldn't park in their parking lot and leave it in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Had to go to the post office the other day and had to park across the street, because I had my pistol with me and couldn't park in their parking lot and leave it in my car.
    Is it safer to leave a weapon in a locked car or carry it with you?

Someone should tell him to add that to the bill.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Is it safer to leave a weapon in a locked car or carry it with you?
    Can't carry it with me into the post office.

Would be safer if I could carry it with me into the post office.

Can't carry it with me into the post office.

Would be safer if I could carry it with me into the post office.
    For sure.

If Rand really wanted to do something, he would bring a bill repealing government education. End the Department of Education and let everyone stay home.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    If Rand really wanted to do something, he would bring a bill repealing government education. End the Department of Education and let everyone stay home.
    Rand is more effective when he uses Trump as a meme to get support for legislation, thats why he does these things after Trump says it. As soon as Trump starts talking about getting rid of the Department of Education you will seen Rand Paul capitalize on that by submitting legislation in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    For sure.
    Yeah, I feel like a sitting duck when I go into the Post office. Somebody could "go postal" and I wouldn't be able to defend myself.

Yeah, I feel like a sitting duck when I go into the Post office. Somebody could "go postal" and I wouldn't be able to defend myself.
    lol yep those guys are teetering on the edge..

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.