Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Putin Speaks Direct to the World's Most Arrogant Bully (Relax.Best News U Could Possibly Hear)

Putin Speaks Direct to the World's Most Arrogant Bully (Relax.Best News U Could Possibly Hear)

At least (4 me) it was the best news I could possibly hear.
    Even Trump should get the message.

Did you know?
    Today was Putin's 'State of the Nation' address.
    I won't start there...
    I'll start here:

Putin: US deployed 5 cruisers, 30 destroyers near Russian borders as part of missile defense system
    https://www.rt.com/news/420152-putin-us-deploy-borders/

"These are in addition to systems stationed in neighboring states," the president added.

"The US military is preparing the armed forces of the European countries for the use of tactical nukes against Russia",
    Sergey Lavrov, the Russian Foreign Minister, said on Wednesday.
    He added that the presence of American non-strategic nuclear weapons in Europe is a major stumbling block in the path of disarmament.

“the military people are getting ready. The Russian military is preparing and the American military does the same.
    And it’s for the politicians to warn the public that such preparations are being made.”

►a noteworthy and educated opinion first:

The televised message to the masses, was in reality a direct message to US/NATO.

None of us really know the full picture, what is really going on in Eastern Erope/Baltics/Ukraine/Syria.

Relations have deteriorated to such an alarming degree, that Putin felt he personally had to make this televised threat.

This speech was so far from Putin normal MO (Modus Operandi)....
    Very out of character for him to say anything that can be perceived as remotely contentious.

This alone should be a bit concerning. What has or is going on behind the scenes to precipitate such an alarming speech??

We had Lavrov comments about US arming/preparing Europe for a pre-emptive nuclear attack on Russia only yesterday.

We also have had US making it clear they intend to act against Iran unilaterally soon.... that Russia can do 'nothing' to stop it.

US/NATO has been reinforcing Europe Eastern flank with Russia surreptitiously for nearly 2 years under the phoney pretext of defense.
    Reality is: It has always been for offense (Barborosa 2.0). Caves in Norway full of Tanks.

Putin obviously has information about something imminent.
    He is expecting escalation in some capacity over the coming weeks.
    Could it be US/NATO planning to invade Syria, take out Assad, maybe by using theatre based Nukes?
    Maybe a 2 pronged attack on Syria and Iran?

Is he expecting a proxy Ukraine attack on Russia?
    This is the most likely way US/NATO would engage Russian forces in combat... using a proxy. At least up to now.

One thing for sure, Putin looked like a man with the World on his shoulders today.

Ignore that speech at your own peril.

Russia is expecting trouble.

Putin is making it clear that Russia will use Nukes to level the playing field in any War with the West.

A clear message.

Now the Speech:

►PUTIN: WE HAVE STARTED DEVELOPING STRATEGIC WEAPONS NOT USING BALLISTIC TRAJECTORY, MAKING THEM INVULNERABLE TO MISSILE DEFENSES

►Russia successfully test-launches nuclear-powered cruise missile - Putin (micro nuke pwrplant... )

►New Russian cruise missile to have unlimited range, unpredictable trajectory - Putin

►Sarmat ICBM can penetrate any type of missile defense, has no range limits - Putin

Videos presented during Putin's annual state-of-the-nation address today.

►Sarmat ICBM

►Hypersonic Air-to-Surface Missile

►Hypersonic Glide Warheads

►Russia builds uninterrupted radar coverage along its borders - Putin

►PUTIN: I WILL TELL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FUEL ARMS RACE FOR 15 YEARS AND DETER RUSSIA'S DEVELOPMENT USING ILLEGAL SANCTIONS: ATTEMPTS TO DETER RUSSIA HAVE FAILED

►PUTIN: NEW TYPES OF RUSSIAN WEAPONS MAKE U.S. MISSILE DEFENSES, APPROACH OF NATO MILITARY INFRASTRUCTURE POINTLESS

►RUSSIA'S NEW HYPERSONIC WEAPONS INVULNERABLE TO ANY AIR AND MISSILE DEFENSES - PUTIN

►NEW RUSSIAN WEAPONS CAN HIT TARGETS AT INTERCONTINENTAL RANGE AT HYPERSONIC SPEED - PUTIN

►PUTIN: USE AGAINST RUSSIA OR ALLIES OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS OF ANY CAPACITY WILL BE REGARDED AS NUCLEAR ATTACK, RESPONSE WILL BE INSTANT

Enrico Ivanov@Russ_Warrior
    ►Best speech of president Putin in history, if the US regime escalates the aggression, launches an attack against Russia, its allies and its interests abroad it will be brought to its knees.
    Clear message, hopefully the psychopaths in Washington will take his words seriously.

►Putin: "We have capabilities to bypass all kind of missile defense systems in the world, to destroy a target in every foreign country from our own territory. We developed new laser technologies, nuclear torpedoes. No one will ever achieve military superiority on Russia".

►Putin: "Sarmat system has virtually no range limit and will be able to attack across both the South and North Poles." Russia

Enrico Ivanov@Russ_Warrior · 3 min
    ►Putin on new US nuclear posture: "If America attacks us, Russia will use nukes"

Putin on new US nuclear stance: If attacked, Russia will use nukes.
    https://www.rt.com/news/420171-nukes-us-russia-attack/

The new US nuclear posture allows a nuclear strike in response to a conventional attack.
    President Vladimir Putin said Russia, if attacked with nuclear weapons, would not hesitate to respond in kind.

The warning came during a state of the nation address delivered by the Russian president on Thursday,
    in which he presented a number of new advanced strategic weapon systems which, he said,
    would render all anti-missile capabilities that the US currently has powerless.
    Putin also mentioned the new American nuclear posture, which has relaxed some rules on when the US is prepared to use its nuclear weapons.

“We are greatly concerned by some parts of the new nuclear posture, which reduces the benchmark for the use of nuclear weapons.
    Whatever soothing words one may try to use behind closed doors, we can read what was written.
    And it says that these weapons can be used in response to a conventional attack or even a cyber-threat,” he said.

“Our nuclear doctrine says Russia reserves the right to use nuclear weapons only in response to a nuclear attack
    or an attack with other weapons of mass destruction against her or her allies,
    or a conventional attack against us that threatens the very existence of the state.”
    “It is my duty to state this:
    Any use of nuclear weapons against Russia or its allies, be it small-scale, medium-scale or any other scale,
    will be treated as a nuclear attack on our country. The response will be instant and with all the relevant consequences,”
    Putin warned.

Wael- @WaelAlRussi
    The most important part of Putin’s speech today:
    Any threat to Russia’s allies is a threat to Russia.

►PUTIN: I HOPE EVERYTHING SAID IN ADDRESS TO FEDERAL ASSEMBLY TO SOBER UP ANY POTENTIAL AGGRESSOR

►PUTIN: RUSSIA'S GROWING MILITARY MIGHT IS RELIABLE GUARANTEE OF PEACE ON PLANET

►PUTIN: TODAY RUSSIA GAINS SUCH DEFENSE SYSTEM THAT WILL ENSURE ITS SECURITY FOR MANY DECADES TO COME

►PUTIN: RUSSIA'S GROWING MILITARY POWER NOT A THREAT TO ANYONE, WE HAVE NO AGGRESSIVE PLANS

►NEW RUSSIAN WEAPONS TO ENSURE NATIONAL SECURITY AND SOVEREIGNTY FOR MANY DECADES AHEAD, TO HELP AVOID ANOTHER ARMS RACE - SHOIGU

Special 'Empire' Bonus:

AFP news agency-@AFP · 17 min.
    #BREAKING Iraq MPs call for timetable for foreign troop pullout: official

There.
    Don't you feel better?

Long live the Republic. $#@! the Empire.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 03-01-2018 at 01:43 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He forgot to say "have a nice day".

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I don't trust trump. I don't trust Putin. And even if I thought they were both God's gifts to humanity, I don't trust their successors. There is no positive spin to be put on escalation.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    I don't trust trump. I don't trust Putin. And even if I thought they were both God's gifts to humanity, I don't trust their successors. There is no positive spin to be put on escalation.
    Oh ya?

Hillary Urgently Calls for Confrontation Against Russia

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Against-Russia

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Oh ya?

Oh ya?

You find that positive?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

You find that positive?
    I'm positive that I find that I find it positive that she is not President and Trump is instead.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

President Putin has unveiled Russia's new stockpile of "invincible" nuclear weapons, with a video graphic appearing to show missiles raining on Florida.
    But why would the Kremlin want to target the Sunshine State in the event of an atomic war?
    Florida is home to tourist attractions such as Walt Disney World and the Everglades National Park.
    But it is also has high-profile targets including President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort.

Mr Putin's video shows a brief animation of multiple nuclear warheads heading for the Panhandle.
    There are several nuclear bunkers at President Trump's Florida estate, Mar-a-Lago, where he has spent a number of weekends since taking office.
    The cereal heiress who built Mar-a-Lago in 1927 had three of them installed during the Korean War.
    There is another bomb shelter at Mr Trump's golf course a few miles away in West Palm Beach (under the second hole, according to Esquire).
    Another bunker was created for President John F Kennedy not far from Mar-a-Lago.
    It is located on Peanut Island, a 10-minute journey from a Palm Beach house where Kennedy often stayed.
    Yet no bunker, however brilliantly assembled, will survive a direct hit, say experts.
    Another military target could be US Central Command, which is headquartered at MacDill Air Base in Tampa.
    Known as Centcom, it is responsible for the operational theatre spanning parts of the Middle East, Central Asia and North Africa.

But analysts say that Florida is unlikely to be a prime target in the event of nuclear armageddon.
    Matthew Kroenig, in his book The Logic of American Nuclear Strategy, writes that Russian's priority would be to blunt US retaliatory capability.
    Moscow would probably target US nuclear silos at Malstrom Air Force Base in Montana, Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota, the home of US Strategic Command at Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha, Nebraska, and Warren Air Force Base, which straddles the borders of Wyoming, Colorado and Nebraska, he says.
    The Kremlin would also aim to wipe out America's two strategic submarine bases in Bangor, Washington, and King's Bay, Georgia, along with about 70 other US military bases around the country, Kroenig writes.
    And it would fire two missiles at each of the 131 most populous US cities "to destroy industrial capability and inflict massive destruction", with a bullseye on the command and control centre of Washington DC.
    Mark Fitzpatrick, from the International Institute for Strategic Studies, told the BBC: "This isn't a warfighting strategy, to have a video of attacking Florida.
    "This is a message. The symbolism is in the video itself. It's a rhetorical flourish."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43248794
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Putin must be planning raising a little revenue for military spending . Maybe move the tax rate to 11 percent .....
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-01-2018 at 04:44 PM.

I'm positive that I find that I find it positive that she is not President and Trump is instead.
    You are so distracted. Hillary's whining about election tampering in no way compares with this aggressive volley from trump, which is what Putin is specifically responding to -

https://www.defense.gov/Portals/1/Do...gy-Summary.pdf

You should wake up from your stupid Hillary fixation already.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Pentagon Predicts 10,000 US Military Casualties in Early Days of N. Korean War
    https://sputniknews.com/asia/2018030...ea-casualties/

American military leaders who met to discuss a prospective US invasion of North Korea
    have reportedly claimed the fighting would cause around 10,000 American casualties in the very earliest stages of what could become a protracted conflict.

The United States accused Russia of being an "irresponsible player" for boasting about an array of new, mostly hypersonic weapons, that President Putin said would make its nuclear arsenal invulnerable to interception by the US.
    State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told reporters it was "unfortunate" to watch a video animation depicting "a nuclear attack on the United States" that accompanied Putin's state-of-the-nation speech Thursday, calling the video "cheesy" and "irresponsible."
    Vladimir Putin delivers his annual Presidential Address "We don't think that kind of imagery, in a cheesy video, as being a responsible action." She also said Putin's announcement confirmed, "what the US has known for a long time that Russia has been developing destabilizing weapons systems for more than a decade in direct violation of treaty obligations."
    She then proceeded to ignore Russian reporters at today's press briefing.
    State Dept. spokesperson Heather Nauert dismisses questions from Russian reporters: "You’re from Russian TV too? Okay. Enough said, then." https://t.co/ErzcUb62mp pic.twitter.com/IkOK4ZiYYe
    — ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) March 1, 2018
    Meanwhile, the Pentagon urged calm and expressed it was "fully prepared" to handle the advanced Russian nuclear threat.
    "We're not surprised by (Putin's) statement. And the American people should rest assured that we are fully prepared," Chief Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White adding that she was "very confident" in America's ability to react to "anything that may come our way."
    "We are prepared and we are ready," she said. "This is not about defense. This is about deterrence."
    Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White Ratcheting up the new cold war rhetoric, she added that "we need to ensure we have a credible nuclear deterrent, and we are confident that we are prepared to defend this nation no matter what."
    The White House echoed the Pentagon's statement, saying that US deterrent capabilities "are and will remain second to none." Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders told the press that the country is "moving forward to modernize our nuclear arsenal and ensure our capabilities are unmatched."
    "US defense capabilities are and will remain second to none, and now because of the new defense budget of 700 billion dollars, our military will be far stronger than ever," Sanders said.
    "I see some of this as a response to the US nuclear posture review, which is quite remarkable in that it stresses the importance of nuclear weapons and building up the US nuclear arsenal -- something President Trump himself has said," said Angela Stent, director of Georgetown University's Center for Eurasian, Russian and East European Studies.
    In other words, a new nuclear arms race has begun.
    The Trump administration has asked for a major boost in military spending for 2019, requesting Congress approve a budget of $686 billion, the largest in US history, and an increase of $80 billion from 2017, which the Pentagon says is primarily aimed at countering Russia and China.
    US officials are also increasingly turning their attention to trying to develop some sort of defense against hypersonic missiles. In its proposed $9.9 billion requested budget for 2019, the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) is asking for $120 million to develop hypersonic missile defenses, a big increase from the $75 million in fiscal 2018.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...nuclear-attack

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Brasco_Aad
    @Brasco_Aad
    TRUMP TO FIRE NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR H.R. MCMASTER | NBC

Gregor Peter
    @L0gg0l
    WHITE HOUSE PREPARING TO REPLACE HR MCMASTER -- NBC CITES FIVE SOURCES

White House preparing for McMaster exit as early as next month
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-month-n852371

(Iran will be glad to hear that.)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Brasco_Aad
    @Brasco_Aad
    TRUMP TO FIRE NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR H.R. MCMASTER | NBC

Gregor Peter
    @L0gg0l
    WHITE HOUSE PREPARING TO REPLACE HR MCMASTER -- NBC CITES FIVE SOURCES

White House preparing for McMaster exit as early as next month
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-month-n852371

(Iran will be glad to hear that.)
    I'd hold off celebrating till it happens and I see who the replacement is.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Who was the intended audience for her tweet. Is she pushing the But Hillary, narrative because Trump was falling out of style?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Who was the intended audience for her tweet. Is she pushing the But Hillary, narrative because Trump was falling out of style?
    The tweet was the same old juvenile crap about Russia's social media marketing. It had nothing to do with nuclear escalation.

Even Trump should get the message. ...
    Today was Putin's 'State of the Nation' address. ...

Putin: US deployed 5 cruisers, 30 destroyers near Russian borders as part of missile defense system
    https://www.rt.com/news/420152-putin-us-deploy-borders/

"These are in addition to systems stationed in neighboring states," the president added.

"The US military is preparing the armed forces of the European countries for the use of tactical nukes against Russia" ...
    Sergey Lavrov, the Russian Foreign Minister, said on Wednesday.

He added that the presence of American non-strategic nuclear weapons in Europe is a major stumbling block in the path of disarmament.

“the military people are getting ready. The Russian military is preparing and the American military does the same.
    And it’s for the politicians to warn the public that such preparations are being made.” ...

►PUTIN: WE HAVE STARTED DEVELOPING STRATEGIC WEAPONS NOT USING BALLISTIC TRAJECTORY, MAKING THEM INVULNERABLE TO MISSILE DEFENSES
    ►Russia successfully test-launches nuclear-powered cruise missile - Putin (micro nuke pwrplant... )
    ►New Russian cruise missile to have unlimited range, unpredictable trajectory - Putin
    ►Sarmat ICBM can penetrate any type of missile defense, has no range limits - Putin ...
    ►Sarmat ICBM
    ►Hypersonic Air-to-Surface Missile
    ►Hypersonic Glide Warheads
    ►Russia builds uninterrupted radar coverage along its borders - Putin
    ►PUTIN: I WILL TELL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FUEL ARMS RACE FOR 15 YEARS AND DETER RUSSIA'S DEVELOPMENT USING ILLEGAL SANCTIONS: ATTEMPTS TO DETER RUSSIA HAVE FAILED
    ►PUTIN: NEW TYPES OF RUSSIAN WEAPONS MAKE U.S. MISSILE DEFENSES, APPROACH OF NATO MILITARY INFRASTRUCTURE POINTLESS
    ►RUSSIA'S NEW HYPERSONIC WEAPONS INVULNERABLE TO ANY AIR AND MISSILE DEFENSES - PUTIN
    ►NEW RUSSIAN WEAPONS CAN HIT TARGETS AT INTERCONTINENTAL RANGE AT HYPERSONIC SPEED - PUTIN
    ►PUTIN: USE AGAINST RUSSIA OR ALLIES OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS OF ANY CAPACITY WILL BE REGARDED AS NUCLEAR ATTACK, RESPONSE WILL BE INSTANT
    ►Best speech of president Putin in history, if the US regime escalates the aggression, launches an attack against Russia, its allies and its interests abroad it will be brought to its knees.

Clear message, hopefully the psychopaths in Washington will take his words seriously.

►Putin: "We have capabilities to bypass all kind of missile defense systems in the world, to destroy a target in every foreign country from our own territory. We developed new laser technologies, nuclear torpedoes. No one will ever achieve military superiority on Russia".
    ►Putin: "Sarmat system has virtually no range limit and will be able to attack across both the South and North Poles." Russia
    ►Putin on new US nuclear posture: "If America attacks us, Russia will use nukes"

Putin on new US nuclear stance: If attacked, Russia will use nukes.
    https://www.rt.com/news/420171-nukes-us-russia-attack/

“It is my duty to state this:
    Any use of nuclear weapons against Russia or its allies, be it small-scale, medium-scale or any other scale,
    will be treated as a nuclear attack on our country. The response will be instant and with all the relevant consequences,”
    Putin warned.

The most important part of Putin’s speech today:
    Any threat to Russia’s allies is a threat to Russia.

►PUTIN: I HOPE EVERYTHING SAID IN ADDRESS TO FEDERAL ASSEMBLY TO SOBER UP ANY POTENTIAL AGGRESSOR
    ►PUTIN: RUSSIA'S GROWING MILITARY MIGHT IS RELIABLE GUARANTEE OF PEACE ON PLANET
    ►PUTIN: TODAY RUSSIA GAINS SUCH DEFENSE SYSTEM THAT WILL ENSURE ITS SECURITY FOR MANY DECADES TO COME
    ►PUTIN: RUSSIA'S GROWING MILITARY POWER NOT A THREAT TO ANYONE, WE HAVE NO AGGRESSIVE PLANS
    ►NEW RUSSIAN WEAPONS TO ENSURE NATIONAL SECURITY AND SOVEREIGNTY FOR MANY DECADES AHEAD, TO HELP AVOID ANOTHER ARMS RACE ...
    Ditto exactly goldenequity's analysis. Never seem to have enough to give get the reputation points he deserves.

This is the speech of someone who looks at all of Washington's actions and rhetoric and threats, and sees a credible threat that Washington believes it can win a nuclear first strike, intercept any counter strike, and intends to launch a pre-emptive nuclear attack on Russia. This speech is a warning to those idiots.
    Washington has:
    • unilaterally withdrawn from the ABM treaty;
    • adopted and announced a policy of nuclear first strike;
    • has adopted and announced a policy to use "tactical" nukes any time it chooses in any of its conventional skirmishes anywhere in the world;
    • has announce that it reserves the right to respond to "cyber-threat" with the use of nuclear weapons (aside from the insanity of such a policy - it is also exceptionally dangerous considering this is the same government that manufactured false cyber-attack accusations and its CIA has been exposes implementing false flag cyber attacks and intentionally leaving behind clues to implicated other states)
    • implemented a worldwide missile system;
    • has surrounded Russia's borders with missile installations;
    • has expanded NATO and creeped its forces to where it can bombard Russia's 2nd largest city, St. Petersburg, with ordinary artillery;
    • parks missile carrying ships in the Black Sea;
    • fly non stop spy planes and ships on Russia's borders;
    • launches its trade mark regime change operations on Russia's border nations;
    • launched an aerial bombardment on Syrian's army forces with full knowledge of Russian contractors all to protect terrorists organizations and deprive the nation of Syria use of its own land and resources;

Experts From the full speech:

Back in 2000, the US announced its withdrawal from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty. Russia was categorically against this. … Under this treaty, the parties had the right to deploy ballistic missile defence systems only in one of its regions. Russia deployed these systems around Moscow, and the US around its Grand Forks land-based ICBM base.

Together with the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, the ABM Treaty not only created an atmosphere of trust but also prevented either party from recklessly using nuclear weapons, which would have endangered humankind, because the limited number of ballistic missile defense systems made the potential aggressor vulnerable to a response strike.

We did our best to dissuade the Americans from withdrawing from the treaty. All in vain. The US pulled out of the treaty in 2002. Even after that we tried to develop constructive dialogue with the Americans. We proposed working together in this area to ease concerns and maintain the atmosphere of trust. … All our proposals, absolutely all of them, were rejected. …

The reasons behind this position are obvious. After the collapse of the USSR, Russia … lost 23.8 percent of its national territory, 48.5 percent of its population, 41 of the GDP, 39.4 percent of its industrial potential … as well as 44.6 percent of its military capability … The military equipment of the Russian army was becoming obsolete, and the Armed Forces were in a sorry state. A civil war was raging in the Caucasus, and US inspectors oversaw the operation of our leading uranium enrichment plants. … Russia had outstanding debts, its economy could not function without loans … Apparently, our partners got the impression that it was impossible in the foreseeable historical perspective for our country to revive its economy, industry, defense industry and Armed Forces …

All these years, the entire 15 years since the withdrawal of the United States from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, we have consistently tried to reengage the American side in serious discussions, in reaching agreements in the sphere of strategic stability. … In 2010, Russia and the US signed the New START treaty ... However, in light of the plans to build a global anti-ballistic missile system, which are still being carried out today, all agreements signed within the framework of New START are now gradually being devaluated, because … the US, is permitting constant, uncontrolled growth of the number of anti-ballistic missiles, improving their quality, and creating new missile launching areas. If we do not do something, eventually this will result in the complete devaluation of Russia’s nuclear potential. Meaning that all of our missiles could simply be intercepted.

Despite our numerous protests and pleas, the American machine has been set into motion, the conveyer belt is moving forward. There are new missile defense systems installed in Alaska and California; as a result of NATO’s expansion to the east, two new missile defense areas were created in Western Europe: one has already been created in Romania, while the deployment of the system in Poland is now almost complete. Their range will keep increasing; new launching areas are to be created in Japan and South Korea. The US global missile defense system also includes five cruisers and 30 destroyers … deployed to regions in close proximity to Russia’s borders. … apart from protesting and warning? How will Russia respond to this challenge? …

since the unilateral US withdrawal from the ABM Treaty, we have been working intensively on advanced equipment and arms …

the United States is creating a global missile defense system primarily for countering strategic arms that follow ballistic trajectories. … Russia has developed, and works continuously to perfect, highly effective but modestly priced systems to overcome missile defense. They are installed on all of our intercontinental ballistic missile complexes. In addition, we have embarked on the development of the next generation of missiles. …

a new missile system with a heavy intercontinental missile. We called it Sarmat. Sarmat will replace the Voevoda … the capabilities of the Sarmat missile are much higher. … it has a short boost phase, which makes it more difficult to intercept … The range of the new heavy missile, the number and power of its combat blocs is bigger than Voevoda’s. Sarmat will be equipped with a broad range of powerful nuclear warheads, including hypersonic, and the most modern means of evading missile defense. … Voevoda’s range is 11,000 km while Sarmat has practically no range restrictions. … it can attack targets both via the North and South poles. Sarmat … is untroubled by even the most advanced missile defense systems.

We started to develop new types of strategic arms that do not use ballistic trajectories at all … and, therefore, missile defense systems are useless against them, absolutely pointless. …

Russia’s advanced arms … a small-scale heavy-duty nuclear energy unit that can be installed in a missile like our latest X-101 air-launched missile … but with a range dozens of times longer, dozens, basically an unlimited range. It is a low-flying stealth missile carrying a nuclear warhead, with almost an unlimited range, unpredictable trajectory and ability to bypass interception boundaries. It is invincible against all existing and prospective missile defense and counter-air defense systems. …

In late 2017, Russia successfully launched its latest nuclear-powered missile … we can begin developing a completely new type of weapon, a strategic nuclear weapons system with a nuclear-powered missile. … the missile bypasses interceptors. As the range is unlimited, the missile can maneuver for as long as necessary. … no other country has developed anything like this. …

we have developed unmanned submersible vehicles that can move at great depths … extreme depths intercontinentally, at a speed multiple times higher than the speed of submarines, cutting-edge torpedoes and all kinds of surface vessels, including some of the fastest. … quiet, highly maneuverable … There is simply nothing in the world capable of withstanding them. Unmanned underwater vehicles can carry either conventional or nuclear warheads

Countries with high research potential and advanced technology are known to be actively developing so-called hypersonic weapons. … hypersonic is above Mach 5. … its speed makes it invulnerable to current missile and air defense systems, since interceptor missiles are … not fast enough. … Russia already has such a weapon. … it is the only one of its kind in the world. Its tests have been successfully completed, and, moreover, on December 1 of last year, these systems began their trial service … The missile flying at a hypersonic speed, 10 times faster than the speed of sound, can also maneuver at all phases of its flight trajectory, which also allows it to overcome all existing … anti-aircraft and anti-missile defense systems, delivering nuclear and conventional warheads in a range of over 2,000 kilometers. We called this system Kinzhal (Dagger). …

A real technological breakthrough is the development of a strategic missile system with fundamentally new combat equipment – a gliding wing unit, which has also been successfully tested. …

we have repeatedly told our American and European partners who are NATO members: we will make the necessary efforts to neutralize the threats posed by the deployment of the US global missile defense system. We mentioned this during talks, and even said it publicly. … we made no secret of our plans and spoke openly about them, primarily to encourage our partners to hold talks. … this was in 2004. … nobody really wanted to talk to us about the core of the problem, and nobody wanted to listen to us. So listen now.

Unlike existing types of combat equipment, this system is capable of intercontinental flight at supersonic speeds in excess of Mach 20. … the missile’s gliding cruise bloc engages in intensive maneuvering – both lateral and vertical. This is what makes it absolutely invulnerable to any air or missile defense system. … The temperature on its surface reaches 1,600–2,000 degrees Celsius but the cruise bloc is reliably guided. … we have all this and it is working well.

Moreover, Russian industrial enterprises have embarked on the development of another new type of strategic weapon. We called it the Avangard. …

We have achieved significant progress in laser weapons. … Since last year, our troops have been armed with laser weapons. …

there is far more in development than I have mentioned today. …

Of course, there are many things that we have to do in terms of military construction, but one thing is already clear: Russia possesses a modern, high-technology army that is quite compact given the size of the territory … dedicated … and are ready to sacrifice anything for its people. … we already have it and will have even better armaments in the future. …

I hope that everything that was said today would make any potential aggressor think twice … unfriendly steps against Russia such as deploying missile defenses and bringing NATO infrastructure closer to the Russian border become ineffective in military terms …

It was our duty to inform our partners of what I said here today

For my part, I should note that we have conducted the work to reinforce Russia’s defense capability … Russia’s growing military strength is not a threat to anyone; we have never had any plans to use this potential for offensive, let alone aggressive goals. We are not threatening anyone, not going to attack anyone or take away anything from anyone with the threat of weapons. … a solid guarantee of global peace as this power preserves and will preserve strategic parity and the balance of forces in the world …

to those who in the past 15 years have tried to accelerate an arms race and seek unilateral advantage against Russia, have introduced restrictions and sanctions that are illegal from the standpoint of international law aiming to restrain our nation’s development, including in the military area, I will say this: everything you have tried to prevent through such a policy has already happened. No one has managed to restrain Russia. …

everything I have said today is not a bluff … and to give it a thought and dismiss those who live in the past and are unable to look into the future, to stop rocking the boat we are all in and which is called the Earth. … We are greatly concerned by certain provisions of the revised nuclear posture review … Behind closed doors, one may say anything to calm down anyone, but we read what is written. And what is written is that this strategy can be put into action in response to conventional arms attacks and even to a cyber-threat. …

Russia reserves the right to use nuclear weapons solely in response to a nuclear attack, or an attack with other weapons of mass destruction against the country or its allies, or an act of aggression against us with the use of conventional weapons that threaten the very existence of the state. …

it is my duty to announce the following. Any use of nuclear weapons against Russia or its allies, weapons of short, medium or any range at all, will be considered as a nuclear attack on this country. Retaliation will be immediate, with all the attendant consequences. … There should be no doubt about this whatsoever. There is no need to create more threats to the world. …

let us sit down at the negotiating table and devise together a new and relevant system of international security and sustainable development for human civilization. …

Our policies will never be based on claims to exceptionalism. We protect our interests and respect the interests of other countries. We observe international law and believe in the inviolable central role of the UN. These are the principles and approaches that allow us to build strong, friendly and equal relations with the absolute majority of countries. …

we must work together to respond to the most complex challenges, ensure global security, and build the future world, which is becoming increasingly interconnected, with more and more dynamic integration processes.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 03-01-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

The tweet was the same old juvenile crap about Russia's social media marketing. It had nothing to do with nuclear escalation.
    I hope you are right, I am not brave enough to analyze how the MSM is spinning this, but my wager is that the deep state hired Russians to promote Trump in order to blame the Russian government. If Trump hadn't of won they might of even spun the information to seem like Russia caused Trump to win the Republican nomination and thats why Hillary became president. Who knows though I just think there has been an ongoing effort by Washington to scare people into supporting premptive intervention. The idea is if there is blowback and there will be they want people to be biased against them so that there is no political blowback.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'd hold off celebrating till it happens and I see who the replacement is.
    yer right again.

too bad.

yer right again.

too bad.
    It still might happen, Trump has a way of denying these things when they leak and then doing them later.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It still might happen, Trump has a way of denying these things when they leak and then doing them later.
    omg... yer right again... hahahahlololll

her latest tweet (same Bloomberg reporter)

If John Bolton gets appointed I might vomit.

omg... yer right again... hahahahlololll

her latest tweet (same Bloomberg reporter)

If my hot streak keeps up I'm going to get a little scared myself.

Flynn should get his job back if we aren't going to get anyone better.
    Rand needs to make a suggestion to Trump on who to pick.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First thing that came to my mind. He's waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I hope you are right, I am not brave enough to analyze how the MSM is spinning this, but my wager is that the deep state hired Russians to promote Trump in order to blame the Russian government. If Trump hadn't of won they might of even spun the information to seem like Russia caused Trump to win the Republican nomination and thats why Hillary became president. Who knows though I just think there has been an ongoing effort by Washington to scare people into supporting premptive intervention. The idea is if there is blowback and there will be they want people to be biased against them so that there is no political blowback.
    The Hillary tweet was quoted way out of context. Just read it as an attempt by the Trump Protection Team to divert your attention so there's no deep consideration of trump's actions and their consequences.

Your analysis of complex nefarious forces is unnecessary. The Occam's Razor is this - trump is a hawk. He was a hawk before and he hasn't magically changed from being one. trump has antagonized Russia, China and just about every other nation-state in concrete ways. The world will retaliate accordingly. It's a mess. A mess that only John Bolton can fix. Watch as he comes galloping to the rescue.

The Hillary tweet was quoted way out of context. Just read it as an attempt by the Trump Protection Team to divert your attention so there's no deep consideration of trump's actions and their consequences.

Your analysis of complex nefarious forces is unnecessary. The Occam's Razor is this - trump is a hawk. He was a hawk before and he hasn't magically changed from being one. trump has antagonized Russia, China and just about every other nation-state in concrete ways. The world will retaliate accordingly. It's a mess. A mess that only John Bolton can fix. Watch as he comes galloping to the rescue.

Rand needs to make a suggestion to Trump on who to pick.
    He already did. That's why Bolton doesn't have the job already.

If he does get the job, you can be sure that Rand has zero influence on Trump.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

John Bolton's Mustache Wiki

We were lovers for ten years but it all broke down when he became so extreme.
    -Adolf Hitler

What a $#@!ing $#@!.
    -Tony Benn

(JohnBolton'sMustache)
    The face of true Evil can sometimes be seemingly benign

(For those without comedic tastes, the "questionable parody" of this website called Wikipedia have an article about John R. Bolton.)

From August 1, 2005 to the end of 2006, John Robert Bolton was the United States Ambassador to the United Nations, and is probably the only UN Ambassador anyone will bother to remember. His coming was foretold by Nostradamus as the "Dread Mustache of Terror Who Defies the Smurfs".

He has a moustache.

In addition, there are indications that his coming was mentioned in the Sixth Book of Moses as the "Baby with Two Horns".

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/John_R._Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He already did. That's why Bolton doesn't have the job already.
    And he needs to do it again if the job becomes vacant.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast