Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Take The Guns First' - Trump's War On The Second Amendment - Ron Paul Liberty Report

Quote Originally Posted by KrokHead View Post
    Trump is a jackass.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Agree entirely. If Ron Paul cured apathy, Trump re-infected us. I used to post on these forums all the time. Now, it's just exhausting dealing with the anti-liberty Trump drones.
    Your comments are all obsolete.. Try again. Trump was just $#@!ing with the left, there is going to be no gun control or confiscation.

Originally Posted by Swordsmyth
    Just one day after putting the NRA on the defensive with stunning televised comments, President Trump has signaled in an Oval Office meeting that he doesn't want gun control, according to the NRA's top lobbyist.
    Chris Cox, the executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, tweeted late Thursday that "POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control."
    I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA
    — Chris Cox (@ChrisCoxNRA) March 2, 2018
    About an hour later, Trump appeared to endorse Cox's version of events with a tweet of his own: "Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!"
    Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 2, 2018
    More at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...r-meeting.html

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Your comments are all obsolete.. Try again. Trump was just $#@!ing with the left, there is going to be no gun control or confiscation.
    And there will be no massive spending increases. And there will be no tax increases (tariffs). And there will be no more unconstitutional bombings. And there will be no federal employee hiring spree. And there will be no increase in drug enforcement policy. And Mexico will pay for a wall. And everything will be the best, huge, and beautiful.

See what I mean?? Exhausting.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And there will be no massive spending increases. And there will be no tax increases (tariffs). And there will be no more unconstitutional bombings. And there will be no federal employee hiring spree. And there will be no increase in drug enforcement policy. And Mexico will pay for a wall. And everything will be the best, huge, and beautiful.
    Also: Santa Claus is not real and Jesus will not be running in 2020. Can I be unhappy now?

Trump stopped gun control dead cold and you can't even be grateful for that?

This thread was about gun control. If you want to move the goal posts that is fine, I've been dealing with people moving goal posts all week (acptulsa).

Like I said, Trump is going to drag the left kicking and screaming into a better future. It seems you want to join with them. A future better than Hillary, better than if Obama got 12 years, better than any other possibility presented besides Rand. Gary Johnson gets a slightly better liberty score than Trump, but would have been completely ineffective, in part because of Weldianism. Weld would have kept the foreign policy machine going (and spending), and if not Gary Johnson would have been highly expendable. They would have just tricked him into doing something that got him impeached on some stupid technicality, or worse.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-02-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

This thread was about gun control. If you want to move the goal posts that is fine, I've been dealing with people moving goal posts all week (acptulsa).

Like I said, Trump is going to drag the left kicking and screaming into a better future. It seems you want to join with them. A future better than Hillary, better than if Obama got 12 years, better than any other possibility presented besides Rand. Gary Johnson gets a slightly better liberty score than Trump, but would have been completely ineffective, in part because of Weldianism. Weld would have kept the foreign policy machine going (and spending), and if not Gary Johnson would have been highly expendable. They would have just tricked him into doing something that got him impeached on some stupid technicality, or worse.
    Here we are at Ron Paul Forums talking about how the president telling staff members to violate five of the first ten amendments to the constitution is fine because of dannno's projection of what a hypothetical Clinton presidency would have entailed, and dannno's projection of how soon a mythical Johnson assassination would have occurred.

And I'm moving goalposts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Here we are at Ron Paul Forums talking about how the president telling staff members to violate five of the first ten amendments to the constitution is fine because of dannno's projection of what a hypothetical Clinton presidency would have entailed, and dannno's projection of how soon a mythical Johnson assassination would have occurred.

And I'm moving goalposts.
    I guess you didn't read the news, that was all rescinded. The President believes in strong due process and does not want any gun control. He was just doing that to throw water on the left, like I said in the other thread. But don't congratulate me or admit I was right, because you can't do that.

Now congress is going to work on banking regulations, there will be no gun control or federal confiscations. Thank you Trump.

Have a nice day.

I guess you didn't read the news, that was all rescinded. The President believes in strong due process and does not want any gun control. He was just doing that to throw water on the left, like I said in the other thread. But don't congratulate me or admit I was right, because you can't do that.

Now congress is going to work on banking regulations, there will be no gun control or federal confiscations. Thank you Trump.

Have a nice day.
    You're mighty smug for someone who's talking the word of someone named Cox. I notice you aren't so sure he won't change his mind again that you're calling for AF to pay up six months early.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Have a nice day.
    What specific news? Some of us don't spend a lot of time on msm.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

You're mighty smug for someone who's talking the word of someone named Cox.
    It's over, you lose, congress is working on banking regulations and not going back to gun control. Give it up.

I notice you aren't so sure he won't change his mind again that you're calling for AF to pay up six months early.
    I am that sure, but I can't change the terms of the bet.

AF wouldn't expect me to pay up until that date if bump stocks got banned, because I could still technically win the bet if it was overturned.

You're mighty smug for someone who's talking the word of someone named Cox. I notice you aren't so sure he won't change his mind again that you're calling for AF to pay up six months early.
    I miss Zippy.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    What specific news? Some of us don't spend a lot of time on msm.
    Posted in this thread on post #22 and #31, in the other thread on gun control several times as well.

Originally Posted by Swordsmyth
    Just one day after putting the NRA on the defensive with stunning televised comments, President Trump has signaled in an Oval Office meeting that he doesn't want gun control, according to the NRA's top lobbyist.
    Chris Cox, the executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, tweeted late Thursday that "POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control."I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control. #NRA #MAGA
    — Chris Cox (@ChrisCoxNRA) March 2, 2018

About an hour later, Trump appeared to endorse Cox's version of events with a tweet of his own: "Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!"Good (Great) meeting in the Oval Office tonight with the NRA!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 2, 2018

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...r-meeting.html

Posted in this thread on post #22 and #31, in the other thread on gun control several times as well.
    In other words, when Trump has something awful to say that anyone in their right mind would disagree with, ignore it and wait a day until he says the complete opposite. I swear to God, not only is Trump NOT a genius, I genuinely believe he is mentally ill.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I miss Zippy.
    I had a feeling about you two...

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    In other words, when Trump has something awful to say that anyone in their right mind would disagree with, ignore it and wait a day until he says the complete opposite. I swear to God, not only is Trump NOT a genius, I genuinely believe he is mentally ill.
    You'll be talking out the other side of your mouth when he corners the world flip-flop market.

I had a feeling about you two...
    Zippy is making a lot of progress lately.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Zippy is making a lot of progress lately.
    All the Zippys were always progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    No, he is a genius. Did you see how much momentum the left had this time after the Florida shooting? You can't erase history, everybody here was freaking the $#@! out and thought this was it, they were finally going to pass gun control... what is Trump going to say??

Then bam, Trump comes out with the most far left gun proposals possible and basically throws 100 gallons of water on a raging campfire the left had created.

They let their guard down.

Trump comes out a couple days later, says, "meh, I don't think I want gun control anymore" and congress gets to work on banking regulations instead.

$#@!ing genius as $#@!.

TWEETS??? Those aren't even words dude.

Trump is just trolling the left and right by keeping them on their toes. Even if I believed that tweets were words, Trump never even said that he was changing his tune from what he said with actual words. You are falling for the predictable msm propaganda, but that is OK because it's what Trump knew would happen (he planned all this). Trump is allowing the NRA and right-wingers to think he is pro-gun, without actually saying it ("good meeting") that way congress will have some motivation to pass gun control. They have to work on banking FOR NOW so that the heat will die down on the right and gun control can be passed later when people are debating banking laws. Stop listening to the msm narrative every time they claim Trump flip-flopped just because he says (actually, he only TWEETED) "good meeting."
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

No, he is a genius. Did you see how much momentum the left had this time after the Florida shooting? You can't erase history, everybody here was freaking the $#@! out and thought this was it, they were finally going to pass gun control... what is Trump going to say??

Then bam, Trump comes out with the most far left gun proposals possible and basically throws 100 gallons of water on a raging campfire the left had created.

They let their guard down.

Trump comes out a couple days later, says, "meh, I don't think I want gun control anymore" and congress gets to work on banking regulations instead.

$#@!ing genius as $#@!.
    Or, he stuck his stubby finger in the wind, found it blowing from CNN, and told his staff in all seriousness to violate half the Bill of Rights. Then the push back happened, people got sick of the brats CNN was trotting out, a few teacher concealed carry bills took hold, and we made more sense and came up with better memes than the gun grabbers. So, the Senate said, '$#@! this,' and Trump stuck his fat finger in the wind again, found it had shifted, and told Cox to announce that he had flip-flopped.

See? My fan fiction fits as many of the available facts as yours does. It sounds just as likely. And I could as easily scream that anyone who doesn't see how obvious it all is is an idiot.

I'm not going to. But I certainly could.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-02-2018 at 11:39 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

PastorDowell

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Or, he stuck his stubby finger in the wind, found it blowing from CNN, and told his staff in all seriousness to violate half the Bill of Rights. Then the push back happened, people got sick of the brats CNN was trotting out, a few teacher concealed carry bills took hold, and we made more sense and came up with better memes than the gun grabbers. So, the Senate said, '$#@! this,' and Trump stuck his fat finger in the wind again, found it had shifted, and told Cox to announce that he had flip-flopped.

See? My fan fiction fits as many of the available facts as yours does. It sounds just as likely. And I could as easily scream that anyone who doesn't see how obvious it all is is an idiot.

I'm not going to. But I certainly could.
    That's one theory, but it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Obsolete.

My rule of thumb is always wait at least 3 days and look at the facts again before going on an anti-Trump tirade.

The Gospel according to Dannno.

So glad we got rid of Paul Ryan nine months ago.

As is yours. Prove or at least give credibility to your theory being a better theory than mine.
    Amash>Trump

The Gospel according to Dannno.

So glad we got rid of Paul Ryan nine months ago.
    Neither did the market crash.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    As is yours. Prove or at least give credibility to your theory being a better theory than mine.
    Well for one, I said from the beginning that gun control wasn't going to happen, I explained that Trump was just throwing water on the left, he wasn't going to support it in the end and I got dog piled on for days like I was supporting gun control. I even made a $50 bet with AF that it wasn't going to happen.

Then Trump did exactly what I said, side-stepped, headfaked, whatever you wanna call it on gun control and congress moved on to de-regulating banks.

So do you want to keep listening to people who are wrong, or do you want to maybe listen to the guy who was right?

Most people thought Hillary was going to win the election. I said they were wrong, the polls show Trump is going to win. How long are you going to keep listening to people who keep getting proven wrong?
    Last edited by dannno; 03-02-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Really?

This thread is about the ugly truth of man's fallen nature, and why a government employee would even think about offering up a temptation like government disarming a population for "safety", rather than the simple truth.

Hillary fear mongering in a Ron Paul thread? Pfffft

I do miss the old dannno.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Really?

This thread is about the ugly truth of man's fallen nature, and why a government employee would even think about offering up a temptation like government disarming a population for "safety", rather than the simple truth.

Hillary fear mongering in a Ron Paul thread? Pfffft

I do miss the old dannno.
    Trump went left on gun control for 2 days to pour water on the left and disarm them, like I said he was doing, then he changed his mind and switched topics to de-regulating banks, like I said he was going to do, and decided against any gun control or disarming.

I even made a $50 bet with AF that was going to happen, there would be no gun control..it was just a tactical maneuver to disarm the left. It happened and it worked like a swiss watch.

As a libertarian, you should be happy and grateful that there is not going to be federal gun control legislation passed. You should be happy that congress is looking at more de-regulation of government instead.

But you are sad.

Why?

No, he doesn't. But many people do.

Trump went left on gun control for 2 days to pour water on the left and disarm them, like I said he was doing, then he changed his mind and switched topics to de-regulating banks, like I said he was going to do, and decided against any gun control or disarming.

I even made a $50 bet with AF that was going to happen, there would be no gun control..it was just a tactical maneuver to disarm the left. It happened and it worked like a swiss watch.

As a libertarian, you should be happy and grateful that there is not going to be federal gun control legislation passed. You should be happy that congress is looking at more de-regulation of government instead.

But you are sad.

Why?
    You can re-read what I posted - I thought I was pretty clear.
    Sometimes (most times?) I have to read something a few times myself.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

But you are sad.

Why?
    I am a generally miserable person and was thinking hitching a wagon to Ron Paul's train would provide an ample opportunity to complain about my misery. I hate being let down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast