Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Take The Guns First' - Trump's War On The Second Amendment - Ron Paul Liberty Report

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    You can re-read what I posted - I thought I was pretty clear.
    Sometimes (most times?) I have to read something a few times myself.
    I just did - I think you're missing the point. I prefer ACTUAL more liberty to merely hearing about more liberty. I don't care how Trump disarms the left on gun control, as long as he disarms them on gun control. And he did. Would it be preferable to have Ron Paul standing up there saying why the 2nd amendment is so important and winning that way? As long as the outcome was as good or better, yes, I would. But the left doesn't listen to logic.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I just did - I think you're missing the point. I prefer ACTUAL more liberty to merely hearing about more liberty. I don't care how Trump disarms the left on gun control, as long as he disarms them on gun control. And he did. Would it be preferable to have Ron Paul standing up there saying why the 2nd amendment is so important? As long as the outcome was as good or better, yes, I would. Is that realistic right now?
    Is that realistic right now?

Is truth realistic right now...

Have a good day dannno
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Is that realistic right now?

Is truth realistic right now...

Have a good day dannno
    Do you think truth is realistic right now? I mean, it is here, we all know the truth about free markets and liberty.

Again, my goal is results - I want to see actual liberty more than I want to hear platitudes.

Would you prefer having actual liberty, or would you prefer hearing the truth and not having actual liberty?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Would you prefer having actual liberty, or would you prefer hearing the truth and not having actual liberty?
    Thomas Jefferson didn't see any way people could have a republic and liberty without access to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Thomas Jefferson didn't see any way people could have a republic and liberty without access to the truth.
    The birth and death of Republics look entirely different. We are in save mode..

And I'm not saying the truth shouldn't be accessible, it should be everywhere, we should be putting it out there - but - from a strategic standpoint, those in government may need to do what they need to in order to maximize liberty.

The birth and death of Republics look entirely different. We are in save mode..

And I'm not saying the truth shouldn't be accessible, it should be everywhere, we should be putting it out there - but - from a strategic standpoint, those in government may need to do what they need to in order to maximize liberty.
    So you want truth, but don't think transparency is necessary to get it.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

So you want truth, but don't think transparency is necessary to get it.
    No, I want liberty - in result form - and I want the truth to be accessible.

G. Edward Griffin did a great talk on this back around 2007 I think. It was called "An Idea Whose Time Has Come".

No, I want liberty - in result form - and I want the truth to be accessible.
    But you're arguing you're good with transparency being sacrificed for liberty. And, of course, transparency is access to truth. That's, like, the definition of the word.

Trump lies, the Left acts on that lie, and presto! Liberty!

So, are you saying that Jefferson was wrong and truth can be sacrificed for liberty, just as neocons argue with Ben Franklin and say that liberty can be sacrificed for security?

But you're arguing you're good with transparency being sacrificed for liberty.
    But you're arguing you're good with liberty being sacrificed for transparency.

So, are you saying that Jefferson was wrong and truth can be sacrificed for liberty, just as neocons argue with Ben Franklin and say that liberty can be sacrificed for security?
    LOL.. you get the Pretzel Award of 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    That's rich coming from a proudly-self-admitted Muslim. You can post on the forum, but You have to leave the country.
    Silence infidel, or I keel you!

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Silence infidel, or I keel you!

Since "Islamophobia" has come to mean not "irrational fear of Muslims," but rather "isn't Muslim" (at least how the media uses it), we need a term for people who really are irrational about Islam. How about Islamanoid?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Since "Islamophobia" has come to mean not "irrational fear of Muslims," but rather "isn't Muslim" (at least how the media uses it), we need a term for people who really are irrational about Islam. How about Islamanoid?
    That sounds like something you would put Preparation H on.
    "The Patriarch"

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That sounds like something you would put Preparation H on.
    Probably happens when people push too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Probably happens when people push too hard.
    Ya sorta like how Trump pushed soooo hard for gun control he ended up de-regulating the banks instead.

Ya sorta like how Trump pushed soooo hard for gun control he ended up de-regulating the banks instead.
    Maybe he should check his shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Even AJ is dedicating 36 hour show against this and recommending the GOA.

https://www.infowars.com/watch-alex-jones-show/
    AJ is conned, shocker.

Do you think truth is realistic right now? I mean, it is here, we all know the truth about free markets and liberty.

Again, my goal is results - I want to see actual liberty more than I want to hear platitudes.

truth is simple : THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS AN ASSAULT WEAPON
    IT'S THE SAME GUN, JUST MORE SCARY LOOKING
    GUN CONTROL IS FOR NAZIS
    DON'T TOUCH MUH GUNS.
    END OF STORY.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    truth is simple : THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS AN ASSAULT WEAPON
    IT'S THE SAME GUN, JUST MORE SCARY LOOKING
    GUN CONTROL IS FOR NAZIS
    DON'T TOUCH MUH GUNS.
    END OF STORY.
    See, even communists get it.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    commie? where?!

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I think some of the trolls have been ordered to get green bars or they will have their pay docked.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Have a good day, dannno.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Hooboy. I don't quite know what to make of this.

On the one hand, I don't at all care for what spewed forth from Trump's piehole. On the other, the context seems to have been excised (didn't watch the whole thing). I am not saying he is right even in context, but that said context may make a large difference in the truest meaning of his intentions. That context was of taking guns first from "crazy" people, then going through due process. I don't agree with that in the least, but place yourself in Trump's position. Almost no matter what he says he is further attacked. I have no idea what goes on inside his head - probably don't want to know, either.

There are too many possibilities here to jump to conclusions yet. Words are important, but today they are cheap, especially in the political arena. Therefore, one must take what is spoken with some measure before jumping to conclusions.

Take, for example, the fact that a year into his term there has been no significant "draining of the swamp" in the eyes of many. I beg to differ. What was it, the entire "seventh floor" at Justice was fired, or some such? People forget quickly. That said, the big fish still run freely and people are understandably concerned about this. But a few days ago Trump made changes within his prerogatives as CIC to the UCMJ, which I posted here on the 2nd of March. Add to this the report that Gitmo is about to complete a refurbishment. This opens possibilities of a massive purge pursuant to drainage. I am wondering whether Trump is going to charge the traitors under NDAA and PATRIOT, render them to Gitmo, give them drumhead trials, and hang the lot of them.

On the one hand, America needs this to happen. On the other hand, history shows us where every political purge of which I am aware has lead: more tyranny and the destruction of truly innocent people. Can Trump keep it in his pants? History would suggest "no", but the historical record is only a statistical view. Taken to the individual case, anything is possible. We are living in very bad times, indeed.

My point here is that Trump likes to play the game of indirection. One must recognize the possibility of feints here - of buying time with the enemy. I am not saying it is in fact the case, but only that it is a reasonable possibility. Consider the Mueller situation, especially vis-à-vis the draining; so far as I can see, whoever strikes first is likely to come out on top. If Trump allows Mueller to bring charges against him, whether validly or falsely, Trump will be the loser. If he socks Clinton, Obama, et al into Gitmo (for which I dare not even hope), Mueller's job becomes orders of magnitude more impossible.

Therefore, these comments may be tactical moves to buy as much time as possible, distasteful and hideous as they are, superficially speaking. Let us be clear that time is decidedly not on Trump's side, yet he cannot make a move without all his ducks in a row. This is all speculation, so please nobody blow an artery over it. My purpose here is to temper the hot emotions. If Trump is as he appears in this case, he will prove it soon enough and will be a single-term president by all means. If he is, we will be faced with a choice we already face: capitulate or fight. It's been there for a century at the very least. Nothing is different, save that the $#@!-or-get-off-the-pot moment, that which is wholly unavoidable no matter what one does, looms very near now, as opposed to 1913, for instance, when it was decades away at the very least.

So I would recommend a chill pill for now, though time is admittedly drawing short. In the end, I see us as 99.999% certain to be saddled with the fight or capitulate decision. With Trump there remains some tiny shred of plausibility for the idea that we may be able to slowly claw our way out of this abyss without having to make the choice of whether to engage in a Civil War Redux. We're screwed in any case, so I say sit back and keep paying out the rope and see what he does with it. Besides, it is Congress whom we need to watch more closely. It is they who can pass a bill into statute.

It is difficult to estimate time frames, but I would say that if in another year we have not seen something substantial pass for action against the Clinton gang and Obama mob, perhaps it is then time to start considering that we have one of Theire moles in the Seat. It could come beforehand, of course, but here I am assuming status quo.

Be careful with your thoughts. They are important, or should be at least to yourselves. They can lead you readily and easily into the worst places. Maintaining self-control and rational logic can be particularly trying in difficult times such as these. It is fatiguing in the extreme and I am sure I am not the only one experiencing the pinch in that way. Therefore, I recommend we take steps back from the edge and let us remind each other of goodness and propriety in the face of raging tyrannies, whether they issue from the top, or the dregs of the streets of Portland. All we have are each other. Let us not self-destruct; it will buy us nothing good.
    Last edited by osan; 03-05-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

One might call it an EPIC flip flop.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Judge rules police can keep guns from former Trump campaign boss Brad Parscal
    Thu, Oct 1 2020

• A Florida judge has ordered that police can keep for at least two more weeks nearly a dozen guns from Brad Parscale, the former head of President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign, who was taken into custody Sunday after an armed standoff at his home.
    • The order comes a day after Parscale said he was resigning from Trump’s campaign, where he recently had been serving as a senior advisor for digital and data.
    • Parscale was replaced as the head of Trump’s campaign by Bill Stepien after an Oklahoma campaign rally failed to attract the massive crowd he had predicted.

Trump's latest SCOTUS pick will put an end to most of the infringements on the 2ndA, he knows that and it was always his plan.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump's latest SCOTUS pick will put an end to most of the infringements on the 2ndA, he knows that and it was always his plan.
    Perhaps, past history will not predict future next time as you suggest.
    But conservatives are in shock after his recent picks sided with liberals on various issues including the 2nd amend:

"Conservative" SCOTUS Rules LBGT protected by law, but punts gun rights cases

Trump Weighs ‘Red Flag’ Orders to Take Guns Away Quickly

Gorsuch sides with liberal justices in finding gun law to be ...
    thehill
    Jun 24, 2019
    The Supreme Court on Monday ruled 5-4 that a federal law allowing for gun convictions...

U.S. Justice Gorsuch again sides with liberals
    reuters
    Jun 26, 2019 - For the second time in three days, conservative U.S. Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch on Wednesday sided with his four liberal colleagues ...

Gorsuch's Supreme Court LGBTQ opinion shakes conservatives
    latimes
    Jun 17, 2020 - Justice Neil Gorsuch was President Trump's first choice and a conservative dream, until he sided with liberals...

Kavanaugh, Roberts side with liberal judges on Planned Parenthood case
    By ALICE MIRANDA OLLSTEIN
    12/10/2018

Kavanaugh and Roberts Side with Liberals to Hand Environmentalists Huge Win
    Colin Kalmbacher Apr 23rd, 2020

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Justice Barrett Will Declare Open Season on Gun Control Laws

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123