Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trump about to push hard for gun control:

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    One of these things is not like the others...
    What a great argument
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What a great argument
    You put that crap in quotation marks, not I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

In these times we should be very grateful for the sort of direction our country has been going.
    not seein' it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    not seein' it.
    Are you employed, Mr. Lebowski?

Cause I gotta paycheck here.. it's a lot bigger thanks to Trump..

We have dozens of Constitutional federal judges that have been appointed.

Tons of regulations shredded.

Still have a ways to go, especially on foreign policy which I think is going to get a late start but will end up pulling a lot of troops out eventually, we are headed in the right direction in a lot of areas.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You put that crap in quotation marks, not I.
    That is another REALLY good argument Keep em coming

You're definitely right, gun control is coming any day now. I can feel it

It does not "sound like that" at all.

The specifics are right there -

The President doesn't want gun control. (period)

The President wants strong due process. (period)

This is not difficult subject matter, it's all very clear, very concise.
    Clear? Concise? On what planet is Trump ever clear and concise? The dude contradicts himself constantly. The only thing clear about Trump is that you can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth. So, the next reasonable assumption is to assume that the same old pattern of dialectic synthesis (one extreme to the other, then settle in the middle and call it a victory) is what's being done. Trump swung from one extreme to the other in the course of about 24 hours so it's looking like the usual playbook already.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Clear? Concise? On what planet is Trump ever clear and concise? The dude contradicts himself constantly. The only thing clear about Trump is that you can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth. So, the next reasonable assumption is to assume that the same old pattern of dialectic synthesis (one extreme to the other, then settle in the middle and call it a victory) is what's being done. Trump swung from one extreme to the other in the course of about 24 hours so it's looking like the usual playbook already.
    Ya, what's wrong with that? He threw a bunch of water on the left's gun control agenda and then switched the topic to banking deregulation.

Winning.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    schiz·o·phre·ni·a

noun
    a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    schiz·o·phre·ni·a

noun
    a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

From what I read around here, that's just another word for genius. SMGDH
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Are you employed, Mr. Lebowski?

No,,
    Firstly because BACKGROUND CHECKS make me unemployable..

Secondly,, I do not wish to further support a system that is against me and doing things I oppose.

And the double talk I am hearing does not sound any different than the double talk of the last 4 decades.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No,,
    Firstly because BACKGROUND CHECKS make me unemployable..
    Ugh, well, other people who can pay you voluntarily will have more money because Trump.

But, to be clear, background checks for guns don't make you unemployable.. but I can see how that word would be triggering.

Secondly,, I do not wish to further support a system that is against me and doing things I oppose.
    Hah, neither do I..

And the double talk I am hearing does not sound any different than the double talk of the last 4 decades.
    This double talk is different. Before Republicans said they wouldn't pass gun control, and then they did.

Now they are saying they are going to pass gun control, and they don't. Because Trump.

The second option is highly preferable to the first, trust me.

Ugh, well,

But, to be clear, background checks for guns don't make you unemployable.. but I can see how that word would be triggering.

Baba ba
    Du

Yes they do.. and I am guessing it is an "Insurance" thing,, though pre 911, I was bonded on Parole.
    Been through this and documented some..

I have super Powers apparently.. I can turn any legal gun into an illegal gun with a simple touch, (or being in my presence)

But tell me again how much things are changing.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Call me old fashioned but in my view a good leader is someone who says what he means and means what he says. An example of that is a person like Ron Paul, a man with integrity, who is honest and forthright...a man of principle. What we have here is a frickin joke.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Call me old fashioned but in my view a good leader is someone who says what he means and means what he says. An example of that is a person like Ron Paul, a man with integrity, who is honest and forthright...a man of principle. What we have here is a frickin joke.
    We are in troubling times... I would rather have a leader who maximizes our liberty than one who says what he means and means what he says. Ron Paul is only one example of that on the good side of the spectrum, but there are bad examples of that trait as well.

That is another REALLY good argument Keep em coming

You're definitely right, gun control is coming any day now. I can feel it
    Can you feel it - Triumph Album Song Version

Because I explained why he did that and what the strategy behind it was before it all came to fruition, and it was all completely logical. And then it happened. Weren't you paying attention?

He came out for gun control because of the FLA shooting victims and the left were aligning to make a really big issue out of it, so he threw a huge bucket of water on the fire by coming out for the most leftist gun control possible. He asked Dianne Feinstein to vomit everything she could into the bill. This disarmed the left because there was now nothing to protest, so they went home. Additionally, the gun manufacturers got a huge boost and now people own more firearms.

Then a couple days later he came out and said, "Nah, I changed my mind on gun control. I don't want any. Congress is going to work on banking regulations instead."

Now congress is working on banking regulations. Guns are safe.
    Trump changed his mind because there was conservative opposition if he changed his mind. I don't think he has changed anything because he is still promoting gun control by promoting those ideas. Until Trump comes out and says that gun control doesn't work and repudiates his statements that is what he is pushing.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does not "sound like that" at all.

The specifics are right there -

The President doesn't want gun control. (period)

The President wants strong due process. (period)

This is not difficult subject matter, it's all very clear, very concise.
    Except that directly contradicts what he said a few days ago. And it contradicts his actions on bump stocks.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Because I explained why he did that and what the strategy behind it was before it all came to fruition, and it was all completely logical. And then it happened. Weren't you paying attention?
    So Trump is openly lying or he is unsure where he stands on an issue as important as the 2nd Amendment?

Neither of which is a good scenerio.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Except that directly contradicts what he said a few days ago. And it contradicts his actions on bump stocks.

It also directly contradicts what he's written and spoken publicly on the issue over the last decade or two. Which is perfectly in line with what he said a few days ago. But we can safely ignore all that because ... 46D chess. What horse$#@!.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 03-02-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

So Trump is openly lying or he is unsure where he stands on an issue as important as the 2nd Amendment?

It's not optimal, but if he was lying to throw water to put out the raging fire that was the leftist cry for gun control, then moved on to the next topic and protected our gun rights for the express purpose of protecting our gun rights, then that seems mighty preferable to a lot of alternatives I can think of...

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It also directly contradicts what he's written and spoken publicly on the issue over the last decade or two. .
    It contradicts some statements he has made, but he has made even more statements in favor of protecting our 2nd amendment rights. I guess you don't remember the campaign because he was doing it constantly - or his statement after the Vegas shooting that he had no intention of instituting any gun control.

Again, I am looking for actions, I want to see liberty happen, not just hear about it. And that is what we are getting.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It's not optimal
    There is NEVER an excuse to support gun control or give cover to the pro-gun crowd.
    It contradicts some statements he has made
    So you're saying he can't be trusted. Great... kind of knew that back in 2016.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is NEVER an excuse to support gun control or give cover to the pro-gun crowd.
    He didn't actually support any gun control, he just threw water on their movement. There will be no gun control.

So you're saying he can't be trusted. Great... kind of knew that back in 2016.
    His individual statements can't neccessarily be trusted, but many of us have found by keeping up on this stuff that his motivations are good and intended to make our country great. A free society as envisioned by Ron Paul? Not quite. But in that direction at least.

The Moon brothers - Sean & Justin, Kahr Arms and Eric Trump

Eric & Laura Trump, Justin Moon - founder of Kahr Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

He didn't actually support any gun control
    Yes he did, he flat out said so. And he made a move on bump stocks.

His individual statements can't neccessarily be trusted
    Then he is a liar and should be removed from office.

Yes he did, he flat out said so. And he made a move on bump stocks.
    He made a move on bump stocks? Did the bump stocks let him do it?

I see a lot of articles about "says" and "plans" but I don't see anything about "does"

Then he is a liar and should be removed from office.
    That's certainly what the deep state would like.

Is lying an impeachable offense?

The left constantly lies and does all sorts of obscene things, I'm not saying Trump is a good role model or what we should aspire to, but maybe the right needs somebody like that to aid in the battle right now. Maybe Trump is a man, a man, well, maybe this is his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Trump.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-02-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Until Trump comes out and says that gun control doesn't work
    Wait a minute.. you're trying to tell me, that Trump, who has been arguing for teachers to be armed, doesn't think that gun control doesn't work?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast