Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 46 of 46

Thread: Dick's, and subsidiary Field & Stream, make their gun stance known.

  1. #31

    Default

    Good on 'em.


    20-year-old Dick's employees are quitting their jobs and claiming 'systematic discrimination' after the retailer stops selling guns to shoppers under the age of 21

    Two 20-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods employees claim they're quitting their jobs over the retailer's new gun policies.

    On Wednesday, the retailer announced it would no longer sell guns to shoppers under the age of 21, in addition to ending the sale of assault-style rifles.

    On Thursday, Griffin Mccullar posted a photo of a printed resignation letter on his Facebook page.

    "I cannot be the face of these new gun policies in affect [sic]," the letter reads. "I find them morally and constitutionally wrong. I refuse to be a part of a corporation with these liberal policies."


    Mccullar isn't the only Dick's employee who has apparently quit his job in the aftermath of the retailer's decision to stop selling assault-style rifles and guns to customers under the age of 21.

    Alex Degarmo posted his own letter of resignation on Facebook on Friday, in which he says he is quitting his position as a sales associate at a Lincoln, Nebraska, location.

    "I firmly believe that it is morally and constitutionally wrong to infringe upon the rights of a law abiding citizen in any way, and I will not work for a company that pushes for the restriction of the Second Amendment," Degarmo wrote. "Also I will not take part in the systematic discrimination Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Edward Stack has arbitrarily decided to implement."


    http://www.businessinsider.com/dicks...olicies-2018-3
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32

    Default

    If there is justice in the world these guy will get picked up by the competitors.

  4. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If there is justice in the world these guy will get picked up by the competitors.
    More likely, their names will be added to a variety of lists.
    "Every post is about Hillary and pedophilia. I love them both soooo much!!!!!!!" Zippyjuan

  5. #34

  6. #35

    Default

    20-Year-Old Sues Dick’s Sporting Goods for Refusing to Sell Rifle

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ng-sell-rifle/

    by AWR HAWKINS 5 Mar 2018

    A 20-year-old is suing Dick’s Sporting Goods after being refused a Ruger .22 rifle purchase based on his age.

    The plaintiff, Tyler Watson, claims he faced “Unlawful Age Discrimination.”

    Watson attempted to buy the rifle “on or about February 24” at a Medford, Oregon, Field and Stream store. (Field and Stream is subsidiary of Dick’s.) Watson’s suit, filed in the Circuit Court of Oregon for the County of Jackson, says a store employee refused the purchase and indicated, “He would not sell [Watson] any firearm, including rifles and shotguns, or ammunition for a firearm, because [Watson] is under 21 years old.”

    The employee referenced Dick’s recent policy shift, disallowing firearm sales to anyone under 21, and cited the policy as the reason for denying the sale.

    Watson’s suit alleges that Dick’s policy violates Oregon law against age-based discrimination for people 18 years and older in places of public accommodations. State law includes prohibitions against discrimination in stores that are open to the general public.

    Watson also filed a separate suit claiming a Walmart store in Josephine County, Oregon, discriminated against him by denying him a rifle sale “on or about March 3, 2018.” As with Dick’s, the Walmart employee at the gun counter allegedly told Watson that rifles and shotguns could not be sold to individuals under the age of 21. The employee indicated that ammunition for firearms could not be sold to anyone under 21 either.

    In both suits Watson alleges that the defendants, Dick’s and Walmart, not only discriminated but “advertised … unlawful discriminatory policies by issuing a press release, and other materials, stating that [the defendants] will no longer sell any firearms or ammunition to any person under the age of 21.”

    On February 28, 2018, Breitbart News reported Dick’s Sporting Goods’ announcement that they would no longer sell firearms to anyone under the age of 21.

    That same day, Walmart announced that it would no longer sell guns to anyone under the age of 21.

  7. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    20-Year-Old Sues Dick’s Sporting Goods for Refusing to Sell Rifle

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ng-sell-rifle/

    by AWR HAWKINS 5 Mar 2018

    A 20-year-old is suing Dick’s Sporting Goods after being refused a Ruger .22 rifle purchase based on his age.

    The plaintiff, Tyler Watson, claims he faced “Unlawful Age Discrimination.”

    Watson attempted to buy the rifle “on or about February 24” at a Medford, Oregon, Field and Stream store. (Field and Stream is subsidiary of Dick’s.) Watson’s suit, filed in the Circuit Court of Oregon for the County of Jackson, says a store employee refused the purchase and indicated, “He would not sell [Watson] any firearm, including rifles and shotguns, or ammunition for a firearm, because [Watson] is under 21 years old.”

    The employee referenced Dick’s recent policy shift, disallowing firearm sales to anyone under 21, and cited the policy as the reason for denying the sale.

    Watson’s suit alleges that Dick’s policy violates Oregon law against age-based discrimination for people 18 years and older in places of public accommodations. State law includes prohibitions against discrimination in stores that are open to the general public.

    Watson also filed a separate suit claiming a Walmart store in Josephine County, Oregon, discriminated against him by denying him a rifle sale “on or about March 3, 2018.” As with Dick’s, the Walmart employee at the gun counter allegedly told Watson that rifles and shotguns could not be sold to individuals under the age of 21. The employee indicated that ammunition for firearms could not be sold to anyone under 21 either.

    In both suits Watson alleges that the defendants, Dick’s and Walmart, not only discriminated but “advertised … unlawful discriminatory policies by issuing a press release, and other materials, stating that [the defendants] will no longer sell any firearms or ammunition to any person under the age of 21.”

    On February 28, 2018, Breitbart News reported Dick’s Sporting Goods’ announcement that they would no longer sell firearms to anyone under the age of 21.

    That same day, Walmart announced that it would no longer sell guns to anyone under the age of 21.
    Good.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  8. #37

    Default

    Two weeks after Dick's Sporting Goods infuriated Second Amendment supporters when the sporting goods retailer announced it would end sales of assault rifles, its stock is plunging and conservatives will hardly shed a tear.

    In early trading, shares of Dick’s tumbled as much as 7.3% to just above $30.19, its biggest intraday decline since mid-November, slashing in half the 13% gain YTD.

    More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...atives-delight
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Two weeks after Dick's Sporting Goods infuriated Second Amendment supporters when the sporting goods retailer announced it would end sales of assault rifles, its stock is plunging and conservatives will hardly shed a tear.

    In early trading, shares of Dick’s tumbled as much as 7.3% to just above $30.19, its biggest intraday decline since mid-November, slashing in half the 13% gain YTD.

    More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...atives-delight
    Down about 20 bucks to about 33.00 from the one yr high I think

  10. #39

    Default

    Dick’s Sporting Goods no longer sells AR-15-style rifles at any of its stores, and soon its unsold inventory of the much-vilified firearms won’t be available anywhere else.
    Instead of returning them to their manufacturers, Dick’s will destroy its entire stock of unsold AR-15s, the company said Monday.
    “We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change,” a Dick’s spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”

    More at: https://www.infowars.com/dicks-sport...manufacturers/

    I'm sure the manufacturers appreciate the free money.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  11. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Dick’s Sporting Goods no longer sells AR-15-style rifles at any of its stores, and soon its unsold inventory of the much-vilified firearms won’t be available anywhere else.
    Instead of returning them to their manufacturers, Dick’s will destroy its entire stock of unsold AR-15s, the company said Monday.
    “We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change,” a Dick’s spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”

    More at: https://www.infowars.com/dicks-sport...manufacturers/

    I'm sure the manufacturers appreciate the free money.
    Absolutely. Fuggum.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  12. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Dick’s Sporting Goods no longer sells AR-15-style rifles at any of its stores, and soon its unsold inventory of the much-vilified firearms won’t be available anywhere else.
    Instead of returning them to their manufacturers, Dick’s will destroy its entire stock of unsold AR-15s, the company said Monday.
    “We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change,” a Dick’s spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”

    More at: https://www.infowars.com/dicks-sport...manufacturers/

    I'm sure the manufacturers appreciate the free money.
    Anyone holding that stock needs to dump it . That is a company ran by retards .
    Do something Danke

  13. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Anyone holding that stock needs to dump it . That is a company ran by retards .
    The stockholders should sue for mismanagement.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  14. #43

    Default

    Down about a dollar today to 32 dollars , down from the 52 week high of 52.31 . The downward spiral may set some kind of record for a company with a P/E Ratio so positive .
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-16-2018 at 07:39 PM.

  15. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Down to about a dollar today to 32 dollars , down from the 52 week high of 52.31 . The downward spiral may set some kind of record for a company with a P/E Ratio so positive .
    Good.

    Hope they go tits up.

    One of the few sporting goods that still require a brick and mortar location are guns and ammo.

  16. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good.

    Hope they go tits up.

    One of the few sporting goods that still require a brick and mortar location are guns and ammo.
    Ya , actually just down the road from me is a small engine repair , bait & tackle that sells guns . Guns get him through the winter I think .
    Do something Danke

  17. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The stockholders should sue for mismanagement.
    Welfare queens will scream for Bankruptcy protection.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 07:35 AM
  2. Romney camp's game plan: Make Ford Field look crowded
    By kpitcher in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 12:27 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 12:32 AM
  4. Dick Durbin: Bills with earmarks wonít make it
    By RonPaulFanInGA in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 12:45 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •