Thread: Steve Wozniak says someone stole seven bitcoins from him

Steve Wozniak says someone stole seven bitcoins from him

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/26/stev...-from-him.html

Steve Wozniak says someone stole seven bitcoins from him Steve Wozniak says someone stole seven bitcoins from him
    5 Hours Ago | 00:45
    Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak had some bitcoins stolen from him, The Economic Times in India reported Monday.

"I had seven bitcoins stolen from me through fraud," Wozniak said at the Times' Global Business Summit. "Somebody bought them from me online through a credit card and they cancelled the credit card payment. It was that easy. And it was from a stolen credit card number so you can never get it back."

At today's price of around $10,200 a bitcoin, Wozniak's stolen cryptocurrency are worth roughly $71,400.

Bitcoin is up several hundred percent from less than $1,000 early last year. It is the first application of blockchain technology, which eliminates the need for a third party such as a bank by creating a near-instant, permanent and secure record of transactions.

The American inventor remains a supporter of the cryptocurrency, which he initially bought at $700 each as an experiment, according to The Times.

"Bitcoins to me was a currency that was not manipulated by the governments. It is mathematical, it is pure, it can't be altered," Wozniak said in the report.

Wozniak is estimated to be worth north of $100 million.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This had to have been awhile ago as I don't see someone being able to charge 70K on a credit card through an auction payment service.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I'm embarrassed for him.
    Yeah really. Anyone with a brain knows not to do this. Maybe he just didn't care?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Gotta love Woz - anyone else would not have said sh!t. The guy is a class act - 70k? He's probably spent more on his segways over the years.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

This is totally not true. It was only 6.75432984217 bitcoins.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.