Thread: CPAC UNBUCKLED: Speaker criticizes attendees for ‘brainless, sinister, clownish' Trumpism

CPAC UNBUCKLED: Speaker criticizes attendees for ‘brainless, sinister, clownish' Trumpism

Breaking on Drudge, conservative author attacks 'Trumpism':

CPAC UNBUCKLED...

CPAC speaker criticizes attendees for supporting ‘brainless, sinister, clownish thing called Trumpism’

By Brett Samuels - 02/25/18 11:52 AM EST

Charen spoke Saturday at CPAC on a panel focused on feminism and sexual abuse amid the recent #MeToo movement. Charen ripped the Republican Party for supporting politicians who are accused of sexual misconduct “because he happens to have an ‘R’ after his name.”

"I am disappointed in people on our side for being hypocrites about sexual harassers and abusers of women who are in our party, who are sitting in the White House, who brag about their extramarital affairs, who brag about mistreating women," Charen said, a likely reference to a video of Trump released during his presidential campaign in which he bragged about grabbing women.

Related

Donald Trump, a Playboy Model, and a System for Concealing Infidelity

Can a Lawyer (Michael Cohen) Pay a Witness (Stormy Daniels) Hush Money to Silence Her?
    By Michael C. Dorf On 2/20/18
    Donald Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen claims that he paid Stephanie Clifford, aka Stormy Daniels, $130,000 out of his own pocket in exchange for her keeping quiet about her alleged adulterous liaison with Trump.
    http://www.newsweek.com/can-lawyer-c...nce-her-813006

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mona Charen can't discern between consent and abuse. At what point should I care two grown individuals are having sex out of wedlock? Most politicians probably marry out of convenience, and I would be shocked if their spouses, male or female, don't seek partners outside marriage themselves. Frankly, politicians would be better off not marrying, except that there seems to be an unwritten rule against electing bachelors.

James Buchanan was our last and only president to remain unmarried.

Reagan was the only other president who went through divorce before running for office.
    Last edited by timosman; 02-25-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Mona Charen can't discern between consent and abuse. At what point should I care two grown individuals are having sex out of wedlock? Most politicians probably marry out of convenience, and I would be shocked if their spouses, male or female, don't seek partners outside marriage themselves. Frankly, politicians would be better off not marrying, except that there seems to be an unwritten rule against electing bachelors.

James Buchanan was our last and only president to remain unmarried.
    Some of us use it as a measuring stick on morality.

It’s hard to support someone who can’t even follow through on a commitment through marriage to his spouse.

If he can’t even respect his own wife, what makes you think he will respect the office he is sitting in? It’s more power to someone who can’t remain faithful to his vows. Recipe for disaster.

Trump is no saint and 15 years ago was not even a republican.
    No - No - No - No

I thought that was his appeal among his core primary voters. 'Maybe if this slob is president, I can get laid too.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I thought that was his appeal among his core primary voters. 'Maybe if this slob is president, I can get laid too.'
    I think his appeal was being able to get laid without having to pretend to support the PC agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Some of us use it as a measuring stick on morality.

It’s hard to support someone who can’t even follow through on a commitment through marriage to his spouse.

If he can’t even respect his own wife, what makes you think he will respect the office he is sitting in? It’s more power to someone who can’t remain faithful to his vows. Recipe for disaster.

Trump is no saint and 15 years ago was not even a republican.
    Then why the bias against bachelors? Plenty of married men have failed to meet the moral standard, even those who've passed have been bad for the country.

Then why the bias against bachelors? Plenty of married men have failed to meet the moral standard, even those who've passed have been bad for the country.
    I’m not biased against them. But clearly there is some sliver of tradition alive. Possibly people recognize that married people are statistically more successful, better at life than their non married counterparts.
    No - No - No - No

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mona Charen can't discern between consent and abuse.
    Have not listened to her entire speech yet, but allegedly there have been claims of harassment without consent, intimidation also if recent reports are to be believed:

Woman Accusing Trump Of Sexual Assault Wants The Tape To Prove It

James Packard
    Feb 20, 2018
    President Donald Trump denied Tuesday that he assaulted a woman who says he forcibly kissed her in Trump Tower in 2006.

Tools of Trump’s Fixer: Payouts, Intimidation and the Tabloids
    FEB. 18, 2018
    Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s longtime lawyer, suppressed embarrassing stories about his boss’s past as they loomed over the campaign. Credit Andrew Harnik/Associated Press
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/18/u...hen-trump.html

Such CPAC defections are not without political risks for Trump especially if Christian family values driven GOP base decided that overall equation no longer works for them.

Pence told RNC he could replace Trump on ticket after 'Access Hollywood' tape came out: report
    The Atlantic reported that Pence made clear to the RNC that he could assume the position of the party's nominee.
    At the time, there was reportedly talk about making Pence the nominee and former secretary of State Condoleezza Rice his running mate.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...t-after-access

It won't win the mid-terms or 2020 if the voters act sensibly.

So, of course, it will win..

Have not listened to her entire speech yet, but allegedly there have been claims of harassment without consent, intimidation also if recent reports are to be believed:

Woman Accusing Trump Of Sexual Assault Wants The Tape To Prove It

James Packard
    Feb 20, 2018
    President Donald Trump denied Tuesday that he assaulted a woman who says he forcibly kissed her in Trump Tower in 2006.

Tools of Trump’s Fixer: Payouts, Intimidation and the Tabloids
    FEB. 18, 2018
    Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s longtime lawyer, suppressed embarrassing stories about his boss’s past as they loomed over the campaign. Credit Andrew Harnik/Associated Press
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/18/u...hen-trump.html

Such CPAC defections are not without political risks for Trump especially if Christian family values driven GOP base decided that overall equation no longer works for them.

Pence told RNC he could replace Trump on ticket after 'Access Hollywood' tape came out: report
    The Atlantic reported that Pence made clear to the RNC that he could assume the position of the party's nominee.
    At the time, there was reportedly talk about making Pence the nominee and former secretary of State Condoleezza Rice his running mate.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...t-after-access

WH Aide Ivanka Trump: “Inappropriate” to Ask Her About Reports of Father’s Sexual Assault

Ivanka Trump has positioned herself as one of the key people within the Trump administration working on policies related to women and gender equality. Yet, when asked in an NBC interview about the 19 women who have accused Trump of sexual harassment or assault, Ivanka said the question was “inappropriate.”
    Peter Alexander: “Do you believe your father’s accusers?”
    Ivanka Trump: “I think it’s a pretty inappropriate question to ask a daughter if she believes the accusers of her father, when he has affirmatively stated that there is no truth to it. I don’t think that’s a question you would ask many other daughters. I believe my father. I know my father. So I think I have that right as a daughter to believe my father.”
    That’s Ivanka Trump, a senior White House adviser, who has just returned from South Korea, where she led the United States in the Winter Olympics closing ceremony.

https://www.democracynow.org/2018/2/...sexual_assault

Related