Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Bump Stock thread

The new Bump Stock thread

A clean thread to keep track of what does or doesn't happen about Bump Stocks
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You mean this not acptulsa's anti-Trump witch hunt thread or calling Ender a Muslim thread? Damn disappointing dude, disappointing.

Anyway just in.

Washington House Passes Bump Stock Ban
    https://www.newsmax.com/politics/us-.../23/id/845206/

Well, that lasted all of about 9 minutes. I applaud your effort though @Swordsmyth.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Well, that lasted all of about 9 minutes. I applaud your effort though @Swordsmyth.
    If nobody else keeps the fight going here then the thread can survive one post.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Heard what sounded like someone practicing with a bump stock up the road. The worst thing you could do to diminish the "scourge" of bump stocks is to talk about banning them.

As someone with a little experience in the dark art of making $#@! go "boom", I'll take the active shooter scenario any day over a pressure cooker bomb or bombs placed in a crowded space or spaces.

We need to address the Delta if we want to solve this, not the symptom.

A recap of proposed Second Amendment infringements being pushed by President Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Been telling folks for years that if 2nd amendment encroachments ever get serious it'll be under a Republican president. A Dem couldn't afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    Been telling folks for years that if 2nd amendment encroachments ever get serious it'll be under a Republican president. A Dem couldn't afford it.

It's almost always thanks to Republicans that we get the worst gun control. Nothing new here.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It's almost always thanks to Republicans that we get the worst gun control. Nothing new here.
    But whatever you do, don't vote for Demoncrats (TM)!!
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Don't vote for democrats but whatever you do don't vote for fake conservatives either.
    And don't vote third party, you're throwing your vote away!

So, don't vote at all...?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Trump is still way better than Clinton. If Clinton had won, these bump stocks would have been banned a week ago, instead of a few days from now.

Tyranny marches slower with a Republican president.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The Trump administration on Saturday began the process to ban bump stocks through regulatory action.
    “The Department of Justice has submitted to the Office of Management and Budget a notice of a proposed regulation to clarify that the National Firearms and Gun Control Act defines ‘machinegun’ to include bump stock type devices,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement.
    The Department of Justice (DOJ) submitted a notice of a regulation regarding the definition of "machinegun" in the National Firearms Act and Gun Control Act and proposing to include "bump stock type devices, and that federal law accordingly prohibits the possession, sale, or manufacture of such devices."
    Bump stocks are devices that allow semi-automatic rifles to fire at faster speeds.

ATF previously ruled that it does not have the authority to regulate bump stocks under the existing regulations prohibiting machine guns under federal law.
    The proposed rule next has to be approved by the Office of Management and Budget as part of the regulatory review process. ATF also has to submit an analysis and evaluate public comments on regulating the devices. The review process will likely take months.

“Bump stocks are going to be gone,” Trump promised on Thursday.

More at: http://thehill.com/regulation/admini...an-bump-stocks

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bump stocks are devices that allow semi-automatic rifles to fire at faster speeds.

False,, Bump stocks are a toy to allow semi-auto to seemingly mimic full auto fire..

I would prefer that they had never been created by the regulations banning Guns.

If you want full auto just build a full auto ghost and shut up about it.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 03-10-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

"Banning possession"

Those two words worry me. Worried because I can't fathom the legal problems and media infamy that will befall my family and me if some government messenger boy shows up to "take possession" of my personal $#@!. More so since I'm not sure I'll be able to exercise restraint and not treat them as I would any SOB who just showed up at my house trying to steal stuff.....
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Trump is still way better than Clinton. If Clinton had won, these bump stocks would have been banned a week ago, instead of a few days from now.

Tyranny marches slower with a Republican president.
    This is just dumb. It's not hard to see what Trump is doing. He is only acting like he wants to ban these stocks so that the NRA can sue and get it overturned. Negotiating 101.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

So are they going to ban, rubber bands?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So are they going to ban, rubber bands?
    A rubber band by itself is fine. But a rubber band in the same closet as a firearm is illegal.

Kinda like an aluminum can, a sock, and a wingnut, by themselves are fine. But together - a silencer.

I hope you have a tax stamp for that.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ATF Chief tells Congress laws to ban bump fire stocks is best route

By David Shortell, CNN
    Updated 12:21 PM ET, Wed March 14, 2018

(CNN)The acting head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives acknowledged Wednesday that he has been told by some attorneys that banning bump fire stocks through executive regulation would lead to court challenges that would delay the implementation of a ban.

Pressed by Democratic Connecticut Sen. Richard Blumenthal, ATF Acting Director Thomas Brandon told members of Congress that banning bump stocks through legislation would be "clearly the best route," highlighting the issue with President Donald Trump's promises to ban via executive order the devices, which allow semiautomatic rifles to fire at a faster rate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump on Friday announced that the Department of Justice would issue a new rule banning bump stocks.
    In a tweet, Trump announced that he was directing DOJ to reverse a 2010 decision by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive (ATF) that classified bump stocks as firearm parts so the devices could be banned under current laws that prohibit owning fully automatic weapons.
    Trump blamed the legalization of bump stocks on the Obama administration.

"Obama Administration legalized bump stocks. BAD IDEA. As I promised, today the Department of Justice will issue the rule banning BUMP STOCKS with a mandated comment period. We will BAN all devices that turn legal weapons into illegal machine guns," Trump tweeted.
    Obama Administration legalized bump stocks. BAD IDEA. As I promised, today the Department of Justice will issue the rule banning BUMP STOCKS with a mandated comment period. We will BAN all devices that turn legal weapons into illegal machine guns.
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 23, 2018
    The decision Friday follows a letter sent by GOP senators in October urging the administration to review the decision after a mass shooter used the device in killing 58 people at a country music concert in Las Vegas.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...an-bump-stocks
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 03-23-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Comment period, eh?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

@dannno
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Comment period, eh?
    So people can comment, before it gets banned.

Because we certainly wouldn't want to ban it without due process.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    So people can comment, before it gets banned.

Because we certainly wouldn't want to ban it without due process.
    "Take the guns first, then due process."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think the lesson to be learned here, is that any weapon that is designed to kill people, isn't protected by the 2nd amendment.

If it's designed to kill deer then its OK
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Let's see.. Trump:
    • Spends more than Obama
    • Drones more than Obama
    • Bombs more than Obama
    • Has created more new taxes than Obama
    • Soon will have implemented more gun control than Obama

At what point will Obama be considered more conservative than Trump?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Let's see.. Trump:
    • Spends more than Obama
    • Drones more than Obama
    • Bombs more than Obama
    • Has created more new taxes than Obama
    • Soon will have implemented more gun control than Obama

At what point will Obama be considered more conservative than Trump?

But you voted for Obama, right? Twice, right?

If you give away the principle, you're just negotiating price.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

@dannno
    I beat you.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast