Thread: NRA: largest privately owned bank cuts ties; 3 major rental car companies end discounts

NRA: largest privately owned bank cuts ties; 3 major rental car companies end discounts

The Last Word
    @TheLastWord
    BREAKING: Today the nation's largest privately owned bank cut ties with the NRA, and now three major rental car companies are reportedly ending their discounts for NRA members.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's been twenty years since I paid dues to the NRA.

I'm almost ready to re-join.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Join GOA.

I joined today.

Depending upon which sources you want to believe there are between 55 and 120 MILLION gun owners in these united states. That's somewhere between one-sixth and one-third of the entire population of the country.

The last time a company pissed off gun owners that company was Smith & Wesson, a gun maker, then owned by a British conglomerate. They cut a cowardly, self-serving deal with the Clinton administration to feather their own nest at the expense of the rights of individuals and other gun makers. Within a surprisingly short period of time the company was driven almost into bankruptcy because of that deal.

One hopes to see similar results this time.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I joined today.
    I bet all this gun control talk has had that effect on a lot of people, it probably sold a lot of guns too.
    I think that is why Trump is TALKING about it, that and a misguided attempt to seem "reasonable" to "moderates".

I still say nothing is going to actually happen. (The worst that might happen is a temporary regulatory bump stock ban that will die in the courts)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

As is pointed out again and again by the statist majority, freedom isn't popular
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These companies haven't caved. Yet.

Amazon

Amazon continues to offer the NRA TV app, allowing anyone with a Fire TV or certain game controllers to watch the NRA’s television channel, despite calls from high-profile activists to drop the content.
    Everytown and Moms Demand Action, two gun safety groups, joined forces to launch a campaign Friday demanding that streaming services stop offering NRA TV.
    “NRA TV is home to the NRA’s most dangerous and violence-inciting propaganda,” Moms Demand Action founder Shannon Watts said in a statement. “It’s time for tech leaders to acknowledge their role in helping the NRA spread this dangerous content and cut it out.”
    A Change.org petition also aims to get NRA TV pulled from Amazon in particular.

Apple

The NRA TV app is also available on Apple TV. The company did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Clearent

Clearent, a credit card processing company, offers “firearms friendly” services geared toward NRA members. A representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

FedEx

FedEx offers NRA members discounts from 18 percent to 26 percent on domestic and international shipping. A page on the NRA website describing FedEx offers has been removed, but the shipping company has not made a statement about any change in its relationship with the gun-rights group.
    GunsDown, an anti-gun group, has been petitioning FedEx to end its affiliation with the NRA for over a year.

Google

NRA TV is also available through Google’s Chromecast. The company did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    Harland Clarke Direct Selling Solutions
    Harland Clarke offers NRA-branded checks to members. The company did not respond to a request for comment.

HotelPlanner

The company powers the NRA’s travel discount site, offering savings on airfare and hotel reservations with major chains including Best Western, Mariott, Hampton Inn and others. HotelPlanner intends to honor its contract with the NRA.
    “Our company provides discounted rooms to several large associations, including the NRA. These associations greatly benefit our customers by buying discounted rooms from groups that might otherwise be charged a penalty by hotels for not using all of the rooms in their block,” HotelPlanner CEO Tim Hentschel said in a statement. “Many of our groups are charity events, weddings, family reunions, and youth sports teams, so saving these groups that are on a budget from any unforeseen expense is our number one priority at HotelPlanner.com.”

Lockton Affinity

NRA members can purchase firearms insurance through Lockton Affinity, a group insurance provider. The company did not respond to a request for comment.

ManageUrID

ManageUrID, which aims to prevent personal information from being spread online, offers unspecified savings to NRA members. It did not respond to a request for comment.

MidwayUSA

MidwayUSA offers a wide variety of outdoor goods, including camping gear, all-weather clothing and firearms.
    “No company in America is more dedicated to, and more supportive of, the goals of the National Rifle Association than MidwayUSA,” it states on its website.

NetSpend

Through NetSpend, gun rights supporters can buy prepaid NRA-branded Visa debit cards. The company said it is reviewing its relationship with the NRA.
    Visa, meanwhile, said in a statement this week that its co-branded cards “do not represent an endorsement by Visa of that cause or organization.”
    “We strive to make our payment services available to all people in all places, for uses consistent with local, national, and international laws,” a Visa spokeswoman said.

Omni Hotels

Omni’s Dallas outpost is set to host a women’s conference put on by the NRA in May, and will play a part in the NRA’s big annual convention, per the Dallas Observer. A spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Roku

Roku is another video streaming device that makes NRA TV available to viewers. A Roku spokeswoman said the company is “deeply saddened” by the Florida shooting.
    “We operate an open streaming platform” that allows customers to choose from thousands of entertainment, news and special interest channels, the spokeswoman said. “However our content policies prohibit the publication of content that is unlawful, invites illegal activities or violates third-party rights, among other things. If we determine that a channel violates these policies, it will be removed.”

TrueCar

TrueCar powers a site for unspecified discounts on new and used cars for NRA members. The company did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Vinesse Wines

Vinesse operates a variety of wine clubs. The NRA has claimed its American Cellars Wine Club (the company’s flagship) as its official group. Vinesse did not respond to a request for comment.

YouTube

NRA TV is also available on YouTube, which operates a “three strikes” policy on channels that violate its terms and conditions. A representative did not respond to a request for comment.

Also: Various local businesses

The NRA Business Alliance maintains a directory of local businesses that support the group. Organized by state and business type, they include sporting goods stores, gun ranges, legal services, security companies and insurance providers. It appears any type of business can apply to be included in the directory ― the White Oak Grille in Coatesville, Missouri, for example, claims a spot.
    A number of firearms dealers have also opted into the NRA’s Round Up Program, which rounds purchases up to the next dollar and donates the difference to the NRA’s informational efforts.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/companies...191134849.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I joined today.
    us too

Why don't these companies have to bake the cake?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Why don't these companies have to bake the cake?
    Leftist privilege.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I joined today.
    Tough pill to swallow.

Done.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Controlled opposition.
    The NRA has pushed "sensible Gun Control" for years. I think they invented it.

They will flip and roll over again.

Make the target Meds,, Medical Malpractice, Drugging Children.. Big Pharma.. and change the subject.

Get the focus off guns and target the Police and the Shrinks.
    This could not be a better case to do so.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Controlled opposition.

Make the target Meds,, Medical Malpractice, Drugging Children.. Big Pharma.. and change the subject.

Valid opinion, based on truthful observations, unfortunately.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Join GOA.
    Already belong.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I joined today.
    Yup, did the same just a little while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Controlled opposition.

That is using logic and reason, Pete.

Our opposition does not respond to logic and reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCheChJg0mo

The political winds are changing against us.

However, it is election season and there is time to fight for our rights.

The NRA needs to be put in its place by gun owners, vote with your money and don't renew your membership. The GOA needs our support now as they are supporting us. Email the NRA and let them know that unless they get in line and fight for our rights with no compromise to the anti-gun radicals that you will not renew and will send your money to the GOA.

Blow up Trump's Twitter and put him back in line as he sways his policies towards the political winds in order to get favor with the population.

Boycott Michael Savage.

Gun owners got complacent over the last year thinking we were "safe" with Trump and a GOP controlled House/Senate. We are not. Maintaining liberty means having a relentless, tireless resolve.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I’ll join again.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Depending upon which sources you want to believe there are between 55 and 120 MILLION gun owners in these united states. That's somewhere between one-sixth and one-third of the entire population of the country.

The last time a company pissed off gun owners that company was Smith & Wesson, a gun maker, then owned by a British conglomerate. They cut a cowardly, self-serving deal with the Clinton administration to feather their own nest at the expense of the rights of individuals and other gun makers. Within a surprisingly short period of time the company was driven almost into bankruptcy because of that deal.

One hopes to see similar results this time.
    I hope the NRA keel over. This rush to join is bizarre. They don't represent gun owners.

Don't join the NRA. They backstabbed us on bump stocks and now the ATF at Trump's discrecion is looking to ban "rate increasing devices." What constitutes a rate increasing device? An aftermarket trigger with a nice crisp and light trigger pull? Now is the time to join the GOA.

I am not part of the GOA yet, but will be joining next week once I get paid.

They are no compromise and will fight for us. Most of the big YouTubers are advocating this currently. MAC, TheYankee Marshall, Hank Strage, etc.

Only the sellouts like Hickok45, James Yeager and Colin Noir are still pushing the NRA.

https://youtu.be/wCheChJg0mo
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I’ll join again.
    Right before the Gulf War I had moved to a National Guard unit and was working as a Recruiter . I worked for the NRA for maybe 6 months as a lobbyist and I violated military rules by wearing my dress uniform some days while doing it . It was lots of fun , nobody could say anything about a National Treasure like me breaking rules . That would have been unpatriotic .

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    As is pointed out again and again by the statist majority, freedom isn't popular
    Then again, liberals are known for making a lot of noise with small groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Tough pill to swallow.

Done.
    I rejoined the GOA as well. SO I wouldn't feel like such a sell out.

If they're forcing me to pick a side, I pick the side with the guns.

Read the NRA’s full statement below:

The more than five million law-abiding members of the National Rifle Association have enjoyed discounts and cost-saving programs from many American corporations that have partnered with the NRA to expand member benefits.
    Since the tragedy in Parkland, Florida, a number of companies have decided to sever their relationship with the NRA, in an effort to punish our members who are doctors, farmers, law enforcement officers, fire fighters, nurses, shop owners and school teachers that live in every American community. We are men and women who represent every American ethnic group, every one of the world’s religions and every form of political commitment.
    The law-abiding members of the NRA had nothing at all to do with the failure of that school’s security preparedness, the failure of America’s mental health system, the failure of the National Instant Check System or the cruel failures of both federal and local law enforcement.
    Despite that, some corporations have decided to punish NRA membership in a shameful display of political and civic cowardice. In time, these brands will be replaced by others who recognize that patriotism and determined commitment to Constitutional freedoms are characteristics of a marketplace they very much want to serve.
    Let it be absolutely clear. The loss of a discount will neither scare nor distract one single NRA member from our mission to stand and defend the individual freedoms that have always made America the greatest nation in the world.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-blast...004815772.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment