Thread: Author Triggered by Norwegian Flag

Author Triggered by Norwegian Flag

Author Triggered by Norwegian Flag
    "Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying in front of a house."

ANew York Times bestselling author and self-described "veteran journalist" in Seattle was very concerned to find that a Confederate flag seemed to be flying in front of a nearby house.

True-crime writer Rebecca Morris saw something, and said something. She sent a news tip to the Seattle Times which read:

“Hi. Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying in front of a house in my Greenwood neighborhood. It is at the north-east corner of 92nd and Palatine, just a block west of 92nd and Greenwood Ave N. I would love to know what this ‘means’ … but of course don’t want to knock on their door. Maybe others in the area are flying the flag? Maybe it’s a story? Thank you.”

Turns out the story is that it wasn't a Confederate flag. Darold Norman Stangeland, the owner of the home in question, said “That’s a Norwegian flag. It’s been up there since the start of the Olympics.” He continued “I’m a proud Norwegian-American. My parents emigrated here in the mid-1950s."

So, no neighborhood white supremacists after all. But since this is left-leaning Seattle, perhaps Ms. Morris could keep an eye out for Antifa flags or Che t-shirts instead.

https://www.truthrevolt.org/news/aut...norwegian-flag
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Flying the flag of the nation your parents came from in America isn't bad as long as it's a Western European country.

LOL! How utterly stupid this woman is. Maybe she needs to watch The Big Bang Theory's: "Dr. Sheldon Cooper - Fun With Flags"

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

"I don't want to go knocking on doors"

I get it, nobody likes their neighbors, but would it kill the obviously prestigious true crimes author to meet her neighbors before ratting them out?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    LOL! How utterly stupid this woman is. Maybe she needs to watch The Big Bang Theory's: "Dr. Sheldon Cooper - Fun With Flags"

She lives in Seattle, it's kind of its own little universe. Lol, Greenwood at that.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Flying the flag of the nation your parents came from in America isn't bad as long as it's a Western European country.
    Eastern Europeans are ok too.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    "I don't want to go knocking on doors"

I get it, nobody likes their neighbors, but would it kill the obviously prestigious true crimes author to meet her neighbors before ratting them out?
    I like mine, I know the people in 90% of the houses I can see from my front door. We even have block parties with kegs and kids running around.

Seattle Residents Complained About A 'Confederate Flag.' It Was Actually The Flag Of Norway.
    "Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying in front of a house in my Greenwood neighborhood."
    By Emily Zanotti - February 22, 2018

Over the weekend the Seattle Times jumped at a news tip: there was a Confederate flag flying beneath the American flag in the city's Greenwood neighborhood, and residents were very concerned.

Only, it turns out, it wasn't the Confederate flag at all. It was the state flag of Norway, and a group of friendly Norwegians were just trying to show their patriotism and support for their Olympic Team when their very concerned neighbors contacted local media.

“Hi. Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying in front of a house in my Greenwood neighborhood. It is at the north-east corner of 92nd and Palatine, just a block west of 92nd and Greenwood Ave N.," the tipster wrote, according to the Times. "I would love to know what this ‘means’ … but of course don’t want to knock on their door. Maybe others in the area are flying the flag? Maybe it’s a story? Thank you."

Eager to get the scoop, reporters for the Seattle Times hopped into a car and hightailed it to view the offending flag for themselves. Only, it turned out, they weren't in for quite the controversial sighting they'd anticipated.

“That’s a Norwegian flag,” said the Norwegian owner of the flagpole in question. “It’s been up there since the start of the Olympics."

“I’m a proud Norwegian-American. My parents emigrated here in the mid-1950s. He skippered tugboats," the man continued.
    More: https://www.dailywire.com/news/27472...-emily-zanotti
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Eastern Europeans are ok too.

One step away from calling the cops.

And when they show up and the poor bastard opens the door with a video game pistol, who gets the blame.

Why?

Is there a problem with that?

So what's the problem with a Confederate flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The obviously prestigious True Crimes author extraordinaire sees a crime. Enough said.

"The Patriarch"

The norwegian flag has a cross on it so it would be offensive in that area . Now Che or sickle & hammer is fully sanctioned .

I thought the article was going to say because the flag features a cross like many other nations do.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The norwegian flag has a cross on it so it would be offensive in that area . Now Che or sickle & hammer is fully sanctioned .
    Crosses are acceptable there as long as there is a black lives matter sign in front of it.
    "The Patriarch"

If one could find a way to harness the power of stupidity, the energy problem would be solved.

If one could find a way to harness the power of stupidity, the energy problem would be solved.
    You are not just whistling Dixie there, my friend.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    You are not just whistling Dixie there, my friend.
    I used to know a girl named Dixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Why?

Is there a problem with that?
    With flying a foreign flag? Or with a double-standard that says it's bad when Mexicans do it and good when Norwegians do?

If the former, then no. If the latter, then yes.

With flying a foreign flag? Or with a double-standard that says it's bad when Mexicans do it and good when Norwegians do?

It's not the Mexican flags that bother me, it's the ones that fly it because they are part of the movement to take the southwest from the US.

So far as I know there isn't a Norwegian movement to steal Maine.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's not the Mexican flags that bother me, it's the ones that fly it because they are part of the movement to take the southwest from the US.

Lenge leve løpet!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liberals are the most miserable people on the planet. First of all, tattling on someone for flying a Confederate flag is ridiculous.

Secondly, here is her comment in the story. "She says, “Maybe that’s the story … we’re so stressed by all things political that we see things that aren’t there.” Who is we? What is she so stressed out about?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Liberals are the most miserable people on the planet. First of all, tattling on someone for flying a Confederate flag is ridiculous.

Secondly, here is her comment in the story. "She says, “Maybe that’s the story … we’re so stressed by all things political that we see things that aren’t there.” Who is we? What is she so stressed out about?

Who is we? She is we. This princess is using the Royal We.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Norwegians are also suspect commies , so , not different except the food is worse .

Well she could just be scared the evil slavers are going to invade.

Check out:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ns-Bump-Stocks

A lot of the liberals here are rearing their ugly heads.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Yeah we already gave those commie Scandinavians a Reservation called Minnesota at the expense of greater citizens . They need to stay on the Res.