Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed deputy who failed to confront gunman at Florida school resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Police officers guard home of deputy assigned to Florida HS who ‘never went in’ during shooting: report

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/23...ng-report.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Blue Privilege.
    “Just-Us”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    “Just-Us”
    To protect and serve (ourselves)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Sheriff must resign!

They're letting it drip out slowly...
    (CNN) When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.

Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.

https: // www. cnn. xom/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html?sr=twCNNp022318parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies0436PMStory&CNNPolitics=Tw
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-23-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hard to find details yet, but now the story is breaking that the next four Police responders after the Deputy also hid behind their cars without going in...
    Looks like it was Sheriff's Department that "observed and reported"...

Sources: Coral Springs police upset at some Broward deputies for not entering school

By Jake Tapper, Anchor and Chief Washington Correspondent

Updated 7:28 PM ET, Fri February 23, 2018

(CNN) When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.

Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.
    Deputy who stayed outside during school shooting had glowing reviews, his personnel records show.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/polit...ies/index.html
    And now we know how the story became public...

The resentment among Coral Springs officials toward Broward County officials about what they perceived to be a dereliction of duty may have reached a boiling point at a vigil the night of February 15, where, in front of dozens of others, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. A source familiar with the conversation tells CNN that Goodrum was upset that the Broward deputies had remained outside the school while kids inside could have been bleeding out, among other reasons.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I suppose we could theorize. But, the fact of the matter remains...the POS chose not to put his life on the line when it was most needed. After 30 yrs. of hut-hutting when the $#@! hit the fan it was his.
    Probably came out this way...

The resentment among Coral Springs officials toward Broward County officials about what they perceived to be a dereliction of duty may have reached a boiling point at a vigil the night of February 15, where, in front of dozens of others, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. A source familiar with the conversation tells CNN that Goodrum was upset that the Broward deputies had remained outside the school while kids inside could have been bleeding out, among other reasons.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

he?

now there are 4...thats a "THEY"
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They didn't run away and hide. They were simply "advancing to the rear."

Heroes.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Four sheriff’s deputies hid during Florida school shooting
    By Ruth Brown - February 23, 2018

Not one but four sheriff’s deputies hid behind cars instead of storming Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School during last week’s school shooting, according to a new report.

Sources from Coral Springs Police Department tell CNN that when officers arrived on the scene, they were shocked to find three Broward County Sheriff’s deputies behind their cars with their weapons drawn.

The school’s armed resource officer, Deputy Scot Peterson was also outside — he resigned Thursday over his failure to act.

The cops entered the building to engage the shooter on their own, and then a new batch of Broward County deputies arrived, and two of those officers — plus an officer from Sunrise, Florida — joined the police inside the building, the sources said.
    More: https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/four-s...hool-shooting/

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

As if it couldn't get any worse...

The Deputy watched the shooter get out of a car with a dufflebag and backpack, recognized him as the trouble maker, and the Deputy then... called somebody.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DWwqq_mWkAAt93D.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	5950

The Deputy watched the shooter get out of a car with a dufflebag and backpack, recognized him as the trouble maker, and the Deputy then... called somebody.

Apparently the protection money paid to the blue mafia isn't money well spent.
    "The Patriarch"

So is a "Campus Monitor" an SRO?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Browards Cowards.
    Love it.

Browards Cowards.

+rep
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Browards Cowards.
    I hadn't used it yet, but yeah, Broward and Coward have been used together a lot today. Also "Coward(s) Of Broward".

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So is a "Campus Monitor" an SRO?

Guess the most important caveat here is whether the Deputy saw the killer with his own eyes, or was he off somewhere watching camera feeds? Also, if he were in a camera room, perhaps it took him a minute to get his pants on before leaving the room.

This makes my blood boil. Is it time yet?

I need to smoke a j to cool off.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Youtube is removing Infowars videos questioning the shooting. They are in full damage control mode.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy $#@!, I am speechless, really.

Just when I thought $#@! cops could not sink lower...

Well, maybe, finally, people will see them for what they are.

I hope so AF, but I remain skeptical.

Cops vs Cops

What's going on here?
    ...Bad blood has been brewing between the two law enforcement groups ever since the Feb. 14 massacre.

Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel over the incident during a vigil the following day, saying injured kids could have been dying inside the building while the deputies held back, sources tell CNN.

In response, Israel said Coral Springs cops first showed up after confessed gunman Nikolas Cruz had left the school.

The sheriff — in comments to the Miami Herald — seemed to suggest that, even had these three deputies charged into Building 12 of Douglas HS, it would have been too late anyway.

“We know it was approximately four minutes after the shooter departed the school when the first Coral Springs police officers arrived,’’ Israel told the paped. “We’re investigating every aspect of this.”

A day after Goodrum’s confrontation with Israel, Coral Springs Police Chief Tony Pustizzi wrote in an internal memo:

“I understand that another agency has given the impression that it had provided the majority of the rescue efforts, and that the tremendous work of the Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments has not been recognized.”

“Please know that this issue will be addressed, and the truth will come out in time,” he added.

The Coral Springs officers’ experiences will be included in a new report coming out next week, according to the news site.

Additional reporting by David K. Li
    https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/four-s...chool-shooting
    Israel's comments don't answer the question: even if Cruz had already left, as Israel says - why didn't those deputies go inside to help the victims who were in the process of bleeding to death?

And then, I found this weird coincidence: On January 10th, just over four weeks before the shooting - someone called into the Coral Springs High School threatening to shoot it up. They arrested David A. Jean-Baptiste on one count of Written Threats to Kill [F.S. 836.10] and one count of False Report (Firearm Violent Manner) [F.S. 790.163 (1 https://coralspringsconnection.wordp...s-high-school/

Man arrested for threatening to shoot up Coral Springs High School
    Author: coralspringsconnection

On January 10th 2018, Coral Springs High School received a phone call from an unknown subject who threatened to shoot up the school. A Coral Springs High School teacher also received a text message from an unknown person threatening to shoot the teacher. The Coral Springs Police Department (CSPD) was notified by the school and the teacher. The school was placed on temporary lockdown and CSPD secured the school. School release was slightly delayed due to security measures that were initiated.

Coral Springs Police Detectives investigated multiple leads which ultimately led them to identify David A. Jean-Baptiste (10/14/89). Jean-Baptiste was later located and taken into custody on 01/10/18 pursuant to an arrest warrant for one count of Written Threats to Kill [F.S. 836.10] and one count of False Report (Firearm Violent Manner) [F.S. 790.163 (1)]. Jean-Baptiste provided a full confession.

The Coral Springs Police Department takes threats towards a school, its students and school personnel very seriously. Any and all threats of school violence will be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. CSPD requests that anyone with additional information about this investigation to contact Detective Jeff Payne at 954-346-1757 or jpayne@coralsprings.org.
    https://coralspringsconnection.wordp...s-high-school/

Don't hold your breath, brother. We need you.
    Chris

ON Display

Just how thin is that Blue Line?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ON Display

Just how thin is that Blue Line?
    The thin yellow line

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    The thin yellow line

Already a thing for Mall Ninjas.
    and nurses
    and tow truck drivers
    and dispatch.

and minions
    Last edited by pcosmar; 02-24-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Broward County Sheriff Has History Of Controversy
    By Peter Hasson - 02/23/2018

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, currently under fire for his department’s repeated failures to stop Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz, is no stranger to controversy.

Israel was criticized in 2014 after a political action committee supporting his re-election campaign for sheriff accepted thousands of dollars in donations from a convicted felon.

The donor, Yoram Izhak, was indicted for allegedly being part of an organized crime ring known as the “Cuban Mafia” that “was allegedly involved in cocaine trafficking, arson, gambling and murder,” according to Local10.

The sheriff has also faced corruption accusations: department employees routinely attended campaign events while on the clock for their taxpayer-funded positions, a Local10 investigation found in 2016.

A Sun-Sentinal investigation the same year found that the sheriff had routinely handed out taxpayer-funded jobs to political supporters. The sheriff’s response at the time: “lions don’t care about the opinions of sheep.”
    More: http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/23/br...f-controversy/

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast