Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed deputy who failed to confront gunman at Florida school resigns

Armed deputy who failed to confront gunman at Florida school resigns

Armed deputy who failed to confront gunman at Florida school resigns
    By Bernie Woodall

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (Reuters) - The armed sheriff’s deputy assigned to the Florida high school where 17 people were shot dead has resigned rather than face suspension after an internal investigation showed he failed to enter the school to confront the gunman during the attack, the county sheriff said on Thursday.

Deputy Scot Peterson, who was on duty and in uniform as the resource officer posted at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, was the only law enforcement officer present on Feb. 14 when the rampage started, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

Peterson’s actions were caught on video during the massacre, which ranks as the second-deadliest shooting ever at a U.S. public school, carried out by a lone gunman wielding a semiautomatic AR-15-style assault rifle.
    “What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of Building 12, take up a position and he never went in,” Israel said, referring to the building on campus where authorities said the bulk of the shooting occurred.

Israel told reporters the shooting in the Fort Lauderdale suburb of Parkland lasted six minutes, and that Peterson reached the building under attack about 90 seconds after the first shots were fired, then lingered outside for at least four minutes.

Asked what the deputy should have done, Israel replied, “Went in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer.”

Peterson has not given a reason for why he did not enter the building, Israel said. Neither the deputy nor any representatives could immediately be reached for comment.

Israel said he had decided on the basis of his review of the video to suspend Peterson, but the deputy resigned first.

The sheriff said two other deputies have been placed on restricted duty pending an internal investigation into whether they properly handled two telephone tips, received in 2016 and 2017, warning that Cruz might be inclined to commit a school shooting.
    More: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1G62X3
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ironically, this gun grabbing, power mad Sheriff Israel was arguing last night with Dana Loesch at the CNN Town Hall event. He was refusing to take any responsibility and attacking Loesch for suggesting a better job could have been done investigating the shooter. The Sheriff basically said "give me more power and more money, and we will do better next time".

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ironically, this gun grabbing, power mad Sheriff Israel was arguing last night with Dana Loesch at the CNN Town Hall event. He was refusing to take any responsibility and attacking Loesch for suggesting a better job could have been done investigating the shooter. The Sheriff basically said "give me more power and more money, and we will do better next time".

It's almost as if he wanted it to happen so he could get more power and more money.............
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's almost as if he wanted it to happen so he could get more power and more money.............
    Like many dems, he should be charged with sabotage.

What? They didn't know the way to his house from the other 28 times they went there? They had a guy there who wouldn't do his job.

It didn't help that the school security video was 30 minutes behind.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

This is why they need a fat little grandma asking the questions. No agenda, just cut through the nonsense. We've heard it all before.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

America needs our own version of: http://is-a-$#@!.com/author/admin/

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    What? They didn't know the way to his house from the other 28 times they went there? They had a guy there who wouldn't do his job.

It didn't help that the school security video was 30 minutes behind.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Whoa!

Having owned and operated several camera security companies, and installed hundreds of cameras and DVR's, the story about a 20 minute delay of the security cameras is pure bull crap. All DVR's, and I mean all DVRs, (digital video recorders) record instantaneously, and can be played back instantaneously. The actual video feeds themselves or always live. I'm not sure what they're trying to cover up with this lie concerning a 20 minute delay, but it is a lie and I challenge anyone in the security business to claim otherwise

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz57tiwlXJD
    Follow us: @MAIlOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When cops are seconds away...they'll still take minutes.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ice-Protection

What, no "I was in fear for my life"?
    What kind of $#@!ty half-rate police union do they have, anyway???
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    That only kicks in if you're inside shooting faculty and children.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Only used when it is not true?

Originally Posted by AuH20
    Whoa!

Having owned and operated several camera security companies, and installed hundreds of cameras and DVR's, the story about a 20 minute delay of the security cameras is pure bull crap. All DVR's, and I mean all DVRs, (digital video recorders) record instantaneously, and can be played back instantaneously. The actual video feeds themselves or always live. I'm not sure what they're trying to cover up with this lie concerning a 20 minute delay, but it is a lie and I challenge anyone in the security business to claim otherwise

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz57tiwlXJD
    Follow us: @MAIlOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Interesting- especially since there are videos of kids saying there was a second shooter.
    There is no spoon.

@AuH20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Interesting- especially since there are videos of kids saying there was a second shooter.
    I'm out of my element here, but could footage have been delayed, because someone else received the live feed and edited it, before sending it to security/police?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I'm out of my element here, but could footage have been delayed, because someone else received the live feed and edited it, before sending it to security/police?
    Oh, very possible.
    There is no spoon.

POLITICAL OPERATIVE

He did not say if Peterson would face criminal charges.

Israel said he would not release the video that shows Peterson’s actions at this time and may never do so, “depending on the prosecution and criminal case.”

Sheriff Israel is a political operative deep inside the Democrat political machine within Broward County. He is not alone. Israel is surrounded by similarly-minded police officers and law enforcement officials. Many of them are political operatives and not competent law enforcement officers.

Not all of the line-level officers are as inept, corrupt and negligent as their supervisors; but the competent group is definitely in the minority.

The Broward County sheriff’s office, and the negligent deficiencies therein, is simply a symptom of much deeper -and far more dangerous- institutional corruption at almost every level of local government.

It was not accidental we were confronted in 2013 (during our research into the scope of the back-story of school and LEO corruption) by very angry law enforcement officials. We received direct threats from law enforcement officials to “back off”. On two very specific occasions at government offices, while filing FOIA requests, we became targets of retaliation and threats directly from law enforcement officials. A few of you might remember the details.

As bad as you might think the corruption within the Broward County School administration and Broward County Sheriff’s office might be, it’s worse.

Much, much worse than you can ever imagine.

School Resource Officer (SRO)

Officer Scott Peterson standing outside the building while students were shot and killed is not unexpected. The roles of SRO’s are political, not law enforcement.

When the county policy is intentionally constructed to ignore criminal behavior in schools, the Sheriff and School superintendent cannot rely on “law and order-minded” SRO’s to carry out the corrupt policy.

The SRO must carry a political hat and be able to intercept behavior, modify the action based on a specific policy, falsify documents, manipulate records etc, and engage in the system with an understanding of the unwritten goals. SRO’s are given political instructions NOT, I repeat, NOT given instructions to uphold laws and regulations.

The School Officers are the primary foot soldiers carrying out political policy. Engaging an active shooter on campus is the furthest thing from their skill-set you could imagine.

Security of school students is just not their role. The Broward County SRO is in place to protect the School System “policy”.

Make sense now?

It’s FUBAR.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...chool-shooter/
    Last edited by goldenequity; 02-22-2018 at 11:03 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    POLITICAL OPERATIVE

He did not say if Peterson would face criminal charges.
    $#@! no he won't and he can't. The clowns in gowns have already settled it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ice-Protection

The sheriff’s deputy who failed to engage the shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School “believed he did a good job” because he called in the location of the massacre and gave a description of the shooter, a top union official said Thursday.
    School resource officer Scot Peterson, who resigned in disgrace from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, was “distraught” about the shooting that killed 17 people — but believed he did his duty, according to the president of the Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association.
    “He believed he did a good job calling in the location, setting up the perimeter and calling in the description (of Cruz),” said the union official, Jim Bell.

More at: https://nypost.com/2018/02/22/deputy...id-a-good-job/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No $#@!. I hope that Officer and his union sue the $#@! out of that school.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This Florida thing is such a tragedy. I can only imagine the pain and hardship that this has caused, for this brave Officer.

Anyone have a gofundme link? I'd like to contribute.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    No $#@!. I hope that Officer and his union sue the $#@! out of that school.

S.L.A. Marshall did a study on the firing rates of soldiers in World War II. He found that the ratio of rounds fired vs. hits was low; he also noted that the majority of soldiers were not aiming to hit their targets

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killology
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This Florida thing is such a tragedy. I can only imagine the pain and hardship that this has caused, for this brave Officer.

I’ll give you my PayPal account so you can send it tonight, I know you are a busy man so I will see to it for you.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

School Resource Officer (SRO)[/B]

Officer Scott Peterson standing outside the building while students were shot and killed is not unexpected. The roles of SRO’s are political, not law enforcement.

When the county policy is intentionally constructed to ignore criminal behavior in schools, the Sheriff and School superintendent cannot rely on “law and order-minded” SRO’s to carry out the corrupt policy.

The SRO must carry a political hat and be able to intercept behavior, modify the action based on a specific policy, falsify documents, manipulate records etc, and engage in the system with an understanding of the unwritten goals. SRO’s are given political instructions NOT, I repeat, NOT given instructions to uphold laws and regulations.

The School Officers are the primary foot soldiers carrying out political policy. Engaging an active shooter on campus is the furthest thing from their skill-set you could imagine.

Security of school students is just not their role. The Broward County SRO is in place to protect the School System “policy”.
    Colton Haab wanted to voice his OWN questions at the CNN dog and pony show...
    he refused their script and was prevented from the staged 'dialog'.
    Colton Haab wants armed retired vets @ schools.

What' the old saying? If you aren't liable .....then you can't be in charge of Security.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

This is the first time I've seen the general public actually angry at a police officer.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

FF @4:00

FF @9:44
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Colton Haab wanted to voice his OWN questions at the CNN dog and pony show...
    he refused their script and was prevented from the staged 'dialog'.
    Colton Haab wants armed retired vets @ schools.

The voice of reason is once again squelched by MSM.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Scratch the "brave" part and yes, this guy is screwed for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    This is the first time I've seen the general public actually angry at a police officer.
    Yep. The guy did not do the job he was specifically hired and paid to do. "Observe and report"? Plenty of people with cell phones will do that for free. What does it say about Sheriff Israel, who is busy not taking blame and covering his ass, who is using this guy as a scapegoat? Instead of "sweeping under the rug", he is "throwing under the bus".

Something something thin blue line.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast