Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Armed deputy who failed to confront gunman at Florida school resigns

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    As a reward for Sheriff Scott Israel's total incompetence, at the CNN Town Hall (Scripted propaganda) inept Scott Israel demands not only more money but also more power:

“We received numerous tips on this killer. Some we answered by phone. Some were out of state. ... I’m asking the lawmakers to give police all over this country is more power. ... I’m saying is that if a police officer…feels that the totality of circumstances, the computer, the bedroom, the photographs, speaking to the friends, if we feel the totality of the circumstances rises to the level where we’re concerned this person might be mentally ill, we need the power to take every firearm they have away from them and bring them to a mental health facility.”
    My state rep in Michigan is pushing this. It's called the "extreme risk protection order act".

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ojy...e=2017-HB-4706
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    War on crazy.

Peterson speaking through his lawyer.

Peterson's lawyer, Joseph DiRuzzo, says he responded as trained.
    School deputy fights back after resigning over shooting
    February 26, 2018

...But his lawyer, Joseph DiRuzzo, called that account a “gross oversimplification.”

“Let there be no mistake, Mr. Peterson wishes that he could have prevented the untimely passing of the seventeen victims on that day, and his heart goes out to the families of the victims in their time of need,” he said “However, the allegations that Mr. Peterson was a coward and that his performance, under the circumstances, failed to meet the standards of police officers are patently untrue.”

Peterson said the initial report was of firecrackers, not gunshots, in the 1200 building, where the killer was shooting his victims. When he reached the building, he heard gunshots, but “believed that those gunshots were originating from outside of any of the buildings on the school campus,” the statement said, in a quotation attributed to Peterson.

In the event of outdoor gunshots, sheriff’s office training calls for deputies to “seek cover and assess the situation in order to communicate what one observes to other law enforcement,” the statement said.

Consistent with his training, Mr. Peterson ‘took up a tactical position between the 700-800 buildings corridor/corner,” the statement said.

He was the first sheriff’s office to advise BSO dispatch of shots fired and he initiated that code red that locked down the entire campus....
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...226-story.html

The president would have gone in even without a weapon. #MAGA
    Last edited by EBounding; 02-26-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the event of outdoor gunshots, sheriff’s office training calls for deputies to “seek cover and assess the situation in order to communicate what one observes to other law enforcement,” the statement said.

“Consistent with his training, Mr. Peterson ‘took up a tactical position between the 700-800 buildings corridor/corner,” the statement said
    I don't think anybody is disputing that.

That IS what cops are trained to do.

Officer Safety IS the number one priority.

Saving hapless Mundane's lives is NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Peterson's lawyer, Joseph DiRuzzo, says he responded as trained.
    So he was "Just following orders"? My favorite defense.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Sherriff Israel is coming off as a real slime ball. I question the motives behind these firings. He could be trying to save face and deflect blame. He said he may not release the video of the officer that stayed outside.

“I know a lot more than you all do now, so all I’m going to say is … there needs to be a full investigation. … some people were not honest and we’re going to investigate this situation” …

Steve Doocy, “Was there a stand-down order?”
    Bondi, “I can’t talk about that.” …

FOX, “Was there more than one [Broward County Deputy] officer there” [that stood down and did not enter]
    Bondi, ”That’s what we are hearing, and I can tell you I believe some folks in that department were not honest with me, nor were they honest with the governor. So there is going to be a full investigation into what really went on.” …

FOX, “Why would they [Sheriff Scott Israel] lie though? Why wouldn’t they be honest?”
    Bondi, “Well, if they were there and didn’t want people to know they were there, that could have been it.”
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Broward sheriff's captain who gave initial order to 'stage' not enter Stoneman Douglas is ID'd

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has identified to Fox News the captain who, according to sources, directed responding deputies and units to “stage” or form a “perimeter” outside Stoneman Douglas High School, instead of rushing immediately into the building, as the mass shooting unfolded there.
    Multiple law enforcement and official sources said the commands in the initial moments after Nikolas Cruz allegedly opened fire would go against all training which instructs first responders to “go, go, go” until the shooter is neutralized. As law enforcement arrived, the shooter’s identity and exact location were still unknown.
    Multiple sources told Fox News that Captain Jan Jordan was the commanding officer on scene. In an email responding to Fox News’ request for information, a BSO spokesperson wrote, “Capt. Jordan’s radio call sign is 17S1.”

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/05...as-is-idd.html

The picture is the only comment required.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...302-story.html

A Broward sheriff’s commander — in the spotlight for her role in the Parkland school shooting — applied for employment at the Sheriff’s Office just weeks after Sheriff Scott Israel won his first term in office.

Capt. Jan Jordan, who commands the Parkland district, listed Israel, a former Fort Lauderdale Police captain and SWAT commander, as the one who referred her, according to her Dec. 21, 2012, job application.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 03-07-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

A pair of ​Florida ​SWAT team members have been suspended ​over their response to the deadly Parkland high school shootingfor rushing to the scene to help.

​The SWAT members are being disciplined for jumping into action and racing to the rampage scene without permission, officials said.

More at: https://nypost.com/2018/03/08/swat-m...rida-massacre/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A pair of ​Florida ​SWAT team members have been suspended ​over their response to the deadly Parkland high school shootingfor rushing to the scene to help.

​The SWAT members are being disciplined for jumping into action and racing to the rampage scene without permission, officials said.

More at: https://nypost.com/2018/03/08/swat-m...rida-massacre/

Figures. They're supposed to have certain priorities after all, and protecting the lives and property of we mere mundanes is WAY down on the list, if it makes the list at all.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The disgraced Florida sheriff’s deputy who explained his failure to act during the school massacre by saying he believed the shooter was outside actually radioed that gunfire was inside, according to a report.
    Scot Peterson, who resigned as school resource officer, also warned fellow cops to stay away from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as Nikolas Cruz fled after allegedly killing 17 people, the Miami Herald reported.
    “Do not approach the 12 or 1300 building, stay at least 500 feet away,” Peterson said over the radio, according to internal radio dispatches released Thursday.
    Sheriff’s office protocol calls for deputies to engage an active shooter until the threat is eliminated.
    The police chatter and second-by-second timeline sheds new light on the Valentine’s Day massacre — appearing to back Sheriff Scott Israel’s contention that Peterson should have entered the building.
    They also appear to show that other deputies may have stayed outside the school at Peterson’s direction. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is reviewing the police agency’s response.

More at: https://nypost.com/2018/03/09/disgra...rida-massacre/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I didn't see.. did the deputy have enough time that a retirement gives him pension? Would a firing have disqualified him?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Cruz reportedly arrived at the school in a small, gold-colored vehicle according to an eyewitness. The driver of the Uber confirmed to law enforcement that she had dropped Cruz off at the school. According to the Palm Beach Post, Uber released a statement saying, “We will share any information with federal and local officials that may be helpful to their investigation. Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Parkland community, especially the individuals affected and their families, at this time.”

Cruz was wearing a maroon shirt, black pants, and a black hat and carried a black duffel bag and backpack. The eyewitness described Cruz as a “former troubled student,” and said they watched as Cruz walked towards one of the school buildings, moments later gunshots were heard, and the eyewitness called a “Code Red.” After the shooting, Cruz used the ensuing chaos to blend in with the crowd and evade law enforcement but was caught a short while later and taken into custody.
    http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...ruz-to-school/
    The witness, whose name and position at the school are redacted from the report, told deputies he saw Cruz walking toward one of the school buildings. Not a minute later, the witness heard gunshots and called a “Code Red,” the report states.
    https://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...ort/343237002/
    Arrest report:
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...uz-arrest.html

Who was this mysterious "eyewitness", who knew who Cruz was, saw him get out of the Uber with a duffel bag and backpack, and then called a "code red"? Was it the disgraced Resource Officer Scot Peterson? If not, was this information relayed to Peterson, who was the onsite officer?

This whole angle seems to have been buried. Why?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Arrest report:
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...uz-arrest.html

Who was this mysterious "eyewitness", who knew who Cruz was, saw him get out of the Uber with a duffel bag and backpack, and then called a "code red"? Was it the disgraced Resource Officer Scot Peterson? If not, was this information relayed to Peterson, who was the onsite officer?

This whole angle seems to have been buried. Why?
    And if this witness is correct about Cruz' attire then how could he put on full body armor in less than a minute?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And if this witness is correct about Cruz' attire then how could he put on full body armor in less than a minute?
    Was there ever a reliable report that he was wearing body armor, or was that just people mistaking cops for the shooter?

Was there ever a reliable report that he was wearing body armor, or was that just people mistaking cops for the shooter?
    From Infowars/Good Morning America:

A teacher who was grazed by a bullet while saving students during the school massacre in Parkland, Fla., offered a detailed description of the shooter during an appearance on ‘Good Morning America’ that adds confusion to the official narrative.

Stacey Lippel, a Language Arts and Creative Writing teacher at Marjory Stoneman High School, came face to face with the shooter on February 14th, as she ushered terrified students into her classroom for shelter.
    She chronicled her encounter during a sit-down interview on ‘Good Morning America.’

“All of a sudden I heard gun shots in the stairwell, which is about 20 feet away from my room, and then kids were screaming and running back towards me, towards the end of the hallway,” she explained. “So, I just went in this very strange autopilot mode where I pivoted on my feet and unlocked my door, and kids just started pouring in my room. I don’t know how many kids were in there, but I was pulling them in and shouting at them to get in the room.”

“Then I suddenly saw the shooter, about 20 feet from me, standing at the end of the hallway, actively shooting down the hallway – just a barrage of bullets. And I’m staring at him thinking, ‘Why is the police here? This is strange.’ He was in full metal garb – helmet, face mask, bulletproof armor, shooting this rifle that I’d never seen before.”
    Lippel says she then pulled her door shut, but not before one of the shooter’s rounds grazed her arm – a wound which she showed to the camera.
    She described warning fellow teacher Scott Beigel to also shut his door, adding that Beigel “couldn’t see the shooter – I had a good visual of him, which is why I yelled at him to shut his door.”

More at: https://www.infowars.com/parkland-te...met-face-mask/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There is no history of a repeat shooting at a school but the site of the Florida shooting has implemented more security measures including requiring clear backpacks so they can see what kids are carrying. Schools becoming more like prisons.

http://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-43499045

Florida school shooting students told to wear clear backpacks

School officials have written to families of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High pupils outlining the plans as part of new security measures.

They said any student without a clear rucksack would be given one at no cost.

But some pupils say it does nothing to tackle the issue of gun control.

As well as introducing the backpacks, there will also be airport-style metal detectors and school visitors will be funnelled through special gates.

"We're going to be able to man every gate at the school during school hours and for after-school activities," said the superintendent of Broward County Public Schools, Robert W. Runcie.

"We will be implementing a program for clear backpacks after spring break.

"We are also going to funnel students and visitors to confined points and wand folks [people with portable scanners] like you'd see in airports and so forth."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There is no history of a repeat shooting at a school but the site of the Florida shooting has implemented more security measures including requiring clear backpacks so they can see what kids are carrying. Schools becoming more like prisons.
    Given the predilection toward pedophilia in both Washington and Hollywood, can transparent school uniforms be far behind?
    We believe our lying eyes...

Hard to find details yet, but now the story is breaking that the next four Police responders after the Deputy also hid behind their cars without going in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    They're letting it drip out slowly...
    Four sheriff’s deputies hid during Florida school shooting
    By Ruth Brown - February 23, 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not One—BUT FOUR COPS—Cowered In Fear as Kids Were Murdered in FL Shooting

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/not...d-fl-shooting/

The two departments who responded to the Parkland shooting are now blaming each other for their shortfalls as four cops were seen cowering in fear instead of saving lives.

By John Vibes February 24, 2018

Broward County Sheriff’s Deputy Scot Peterson resigned this week after a video showed him cowering in fear while there was a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Now it has been revealed that there were three other officers who were taking cover instead of trying to help. All of the officers who hid were apparently from the Broward County Sheriff’s office and were the first to arrive on the scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    It wasn't just one of Sheriff Israel's deputies, Four of Sheriff Israel's Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacre

The four Broward Sheriff’s deputies ... had their pistols drawn from behind the safety of their vehicles, and “not one of them had gone into the school,” according to shocked Coral Springs police.

The Coral Springs officers, meanwhile, entered the building soon after they arrived on scene to confront the shooter, while the four Broward County Sheriff’s deputies remained outside ...

Two days after the shooting, [Coral Springs Police Chief] Putstizzi sent an internal email to his officers obtained by CNN which reads “I understand that another agency [Sheriff Israel's] has given the impression that it had provided the majority of the rescue efforts, and that the tremendous work of the Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments has not been recognized. Please know that this issue will be addressed, and the truth will come out in time.” ...

Look's like the corrupt and inept Sheriff Scott Israel's big media con is about to get called.

As some tweeters pointed out, Corrupt and Inept Sheriff Scott Israel did the best he knew how: After his department hid in cowardice, Scott Israel went on TV to take credit for the heroics of the Coral Springs police that did confront the shooter, congratulate himself on his "amazing leadership", and then scream at the NRA.

---------------------------------------

Update:

Fired Parkland BSO deputy given job back with full back pay, union says

The Broward Sheriff’s Office sergeant who was the first supervisor to respond to the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting and lost his job after it was found he hid behind his car as the first shots rang out, will be reinstated, awarded full back pay and get back his seniority, the BSO Deputies Association said Wednesday.

Sgt. Brian Miller was one of the four deputies who were terminated because of a “neglect of duty” in the Feb. 14, 2018, Parkland shooting, which killed 17 students and faculty members and injured another 17.

Miller, 57, was paid $138,410.25 in 2017, according to the Sun-Sentinel. The BSO veteran had challenged the decision with union backing. An arbitration ruling found “BSO violated Sgt. Brian Miller’s constitutional due process rights and improperly terminated him,” the union said.
    Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...242719216.html
    Just-us is served.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567