Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Armed deputy who failed to confront gunman at Florida school resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    I heard Cruz's younger brother was forcibly hospitalized. . . any confirmation of this ?
    The younger brother of deranged school shooter Nikolas Cruz was committed to a mental health facility, according to reports.
    https://nypost.com/2018/02/17/school...ntal-facility/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I heard Cruz's younger brother was forcibly hospitalized. . . any confirmation of this ?
    Yes. The latest story is that Rocxanne Deschamps, owner of one of the homes where the brothers last lived, has filed to get control of the brothers inheritance - said to be $800,000! Deschamps is the family friend the brothers first stayed with after his mother died. Later, they stayed with a different couple. There are other reports that he may lose his public defender, because of the inheritance. Crazy, man!

Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz may lose $800G inheritance from deceased parents
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3832558
    Woman who cared for Florida shooter wants control of his inheritance
    https://nypost.com/2018/02/20/woman-...s-inheritance/
    School shooting suspect could lose public defender after reports of $800K inheritance
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/school-shoo...ry?id=53217992
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-25-2018 at 01:50 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Who is "they"? The local constabulary in Jefferson County, Colorado? Who else? Is this uniform nationwide?

The good news is that if the people of Broward County, Florida don't like what they saw, they can do something about it. And they don't have to talk the voters in any other county or any other state into caring about the incompetence of their sheriff to do it. When the police get federalized, the people of Broward County, Florida, or Jefferson County, Colorado, or any other place in this nation will not have that luxury. We will have to convince voters nationwide that our county sheriffs are more important than abortion and gay marriage and their own county sheriffs and everything else in order to get some local relief and local reform.

Something to look forward to.

In the meantime I find it disturbing to see the tens of thousands of local law enforcement agencies across the land referred to collectively as "they". It seems like nothing but a way to convince us that they are already monolithic, that the disease which infects one must necessarily already infect them all. I see that day coming. I prefer not to rush it along with sloppy language.
    They all get federal funding. They all get military weapons. They all practice civil asset forfeiture. They all look at us as a species lower than themselves.

No convincing needed here, they are monolithic in their general motives. From the town of 5K people with MRAPS, to NYC. Notice how federalized they become after a “national emergency”. Turnkey totalitarianism is what we have.

I don’t like my doom n gloom, but that’s what I have been seeing go down.

Now the incompetent Sheriff Scott Israel needs to resign.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    They all get federal funding. They all get military weapons. They all practice civil asset forfeiture. They all look at us as a species lower than themselves.
    Part of Obama's Task Force on 21st Century Policing
    "Creating Opportunity for All Through Stronger, Safer Communities"
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...er-communities

Apparently, Sessions has taken at least some steps to undo this mess.
    Sessions Rolls Back Obama Police Interference Program 9/19/17
    http://notliberal.com/sessions-obama...-interference/

Deputy Scot Peterson hid while students were shot — and this is police training?
    By Cheryl K. Chumley

A disturbing report from Fox News shows the deputy who was supposed to be armed and on the job at Marjory Stoneham Douglas High School — the one who was there as the killings were taking place — was hiding behind a concrete column, protecting not the students but rather himself.

That’s all caught on surveillance video; it’s not a what-if.

And one can’t help but wonder: Is this the unfortunate result of all the police policies put forth in recent times that the number one goal of officers tasked to a scene is to get home safely?

After all, police are there to serve and protect — the Public. But in recent times, often while justifying the need for local departments to use military-type equipment on-the-job, it seems as if there have been an uncomfortable number of police top brass statements in the media about how their priority, how police priority in general, is to get all the officers home to their families, safely, unharmed, unhurt, alive.
    Police priority should be to protect the innocent from harm and arrest, detain, or in serious situations, take out those who are harming the innocent — despite the personal risk to life and limb.

Self-preservation should not be the number one goal of an officer of the law.

And now we have Scot Peterson, showing exactly how an officer with self-preservation as a priority acts in a criminal situation.
    Americans want to know what happened and why this paid police officer cowered while kids were getting killed.

“Peterson,” Fox went on, “according to [Sheriff Scott Israel], ‘was absolutely on campus through this entire event.’ The deputy was armed and in uniform during the shooting, but never entered the building despite ‘clearly’ knowing a shooting was happening, Israel said.”

It’s believed Peterson likely stayed in hide mode for about four minutes, while the six minutes of shooting went forth. Peterson never fired his weapon — not once.

Afraid for his own life?

It would appear so.

But this is how police have been trained in recent years to think — that their lives are more important, or just as important, as the people whose lives they’ve sworn to protect and serve. And on the job, as Peterson’s actions seem to show, the two just can’t always equally coexist.
    More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ts-were-shot-/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post

No convincing needed here, they are monolithic in their general motives. From the town of 5K people with MRAPS, to NYC. Notice how federalized they become after a “national emergency”. Turnkey totalitarianism is what we have.

I don’t like my doom n gloom, but that’s what I have been seeing go down.
    This.

+rep

They are monolithic, they do follow the same training, they do wear the same uniform, they will $#@! you up and put you in jail, in the final analysis.

Friends, family, boon companions...all are meaningless.

They are cops first, and all the rest of us Mundanes second.

They, in toto, are very dangerous, and to be avoided at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    By Cheryl K. Chumley
    She asks:

And one can’t help but wonder: Is this the unfortunate result of all the police policies put forth in recent times that the number one goal of officers tasked to a scene is to get home safely?
    What's got me utterly gobsmacked is that there are still great numbers of people out there, that, to them, this is still a question...

This is where the author goes wrong:

After all, police are there to serve and protect — the Public.
    Unless the author means to serve we mundanes on a large platter, with apples in our mouths, she couldn't be farther from the truth. The police have NO DUTY to protect an innocent individual's rights and property. The courts in every jurisdiction throughout the US have universally upheld this position. Here's a whole thread on the topic:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228509

Professional police forces do NOT exist to protect the rights and property of innocent individuals. They were NEVER intended for such a purpose. They exist solely and completely for the purpose of enforcing the will of the elites, and protecting those elites against we mere mundanes.

In other words they are, in effect, an occupying army whose sole purpose is to oppress US. Period.

They violate the rights of innocent individuals every day. They routinely taze, beat and kill innocent people. They destroy their property, bust down their doors, toss their premises and all this without even an apology. They throw innocent people in cages to be abused and raped. They regularly destroy the lives of innocents. They make false charges and then lie in court. The list of police abuses and usurpations goes on, and on, and on.

The cops ARE NOT our friends. EVER.

I'll bump the Myth of Police Protection thread yet again too.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

As a reward for Sheriff Scott Israel's total incompetence, at the CNN Town Hall (Scripted propaganda) inept Scott Israel demands not only more money but also more power:

“We received numerous tips on this killer. Some we answered by phone. Some were out of state. ... I’m asking the lawmakers to give police all over this country is more power. ... I’m saying is that if a police officer…feels that the totality of circumstances, the computer, the bedroom, the photographs, speaking to the friends, if we feel the totality of the circumstances rises to the level where we’re concerned this person might be mentally ill, we need the power to take every firearm they have away from them and bring them to a mental health facility.”
    Last edited by AZJoe; 02-25-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When Sheriff Scott Israel chose to ignore all of the litany of reports to the sheriff of Nikolas Cruz's threats of violence, assault, murder, mass shooting; I guess the incompetent, inept Sheriff Scott Israel had good reason for his incompetent gross negligence decision to do nothing:

But hey, give up your guns and trust the inept Scott Israel with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    As a reward for Sheriff Scott Israel's total incompetence, at the CNN Town Hall (Scripted propaganda) inept Scott Israel demands not only more money but also more power:

“We received numerous tips on this killer. Some we answered by phone. Some were out of state. ... I’m asking the lawmakers to give police all over this country is more power. ... I’m saying is that if a police officer…feels that the totality of circumstances, the computer, the bedroom, the photographs, speaking to the friends, if we feel the totality of the circumstances rises to the level where we’re concerned this person might be mentally ill, we need the power to take every firearm they have away from them and bring them to a mental health facility.”

Or, if they say mean things about cops, oppose the police state, or maybe even the cops just don't like them ... "take every firearm away from them." What could possibly be objectionable about all that?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

More info the sheriff Scott Israel

Israel has been the subject of 10 internal affairs complaints, mainly for excessive force … Israel has historically been vocal concerning gun violence, opposing open-carry legislation and one law that would allow concealed weapons on campuses. He began implementing body cameras for his deputies in 2016. …

a police officer assigned to Stoneman Douglas resigned after failing to enter the Parkland school as a gunman opened fire … This isn’t the first time Israel’s agency has encountered trouble over its response to a mass shooting. Months after the Greater Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport shooting, a 2017 Sun-Sentinel investigation revealed that Israel’s Broward Sheriff’s Office failed to “seize control and set up an effective command system” at the airport. BSO “erred from the very beginning in controlling the shooting scene in the baggage claim area of Terminal 2, where five people died and six others were wounded.” …

Israel has also been scrutinized for his relationship with political operative Roger Stone. … Stone switched sides, helping Israel defeat Lamberti in the 2012 sheriff’s race. Since then, Israel “added to BSO’s payroll Stone's book-writing partner, Stone's book publicist and Stone's long-time executive assistant,” and even had “Stone's stepson transferred to detective.” ...

As Israel significantly trailed Lamberti in the 2012 race, the Sun-Sentinel reported that a late infusion of attack-ad cash from former Aerosmith guitarist Richie Supa, of Plantation, and Massachusetts construction magnate Robert Pereira helped tip the election in Israel’s favor. … Pereira alone gave $245,000 …

Israel also came under scrutiny in 2015 after a Broward grand jury indicted Deputy Peter Peraza in the 2013 slaying of Jermaine McBean, who was shot dead by the office in his apartment complex for toting an air rifle …

These jackboots had more than enough power, and they $#@!ed up. Time and again, they $#@! up the more power these tinpot gods receive. Abolish them and allow individuals their right to protect themselves and their wards.

More on Sheriff Scott Israel’s Public corruption: Israel hired his political supporters to do outreach for the police.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel—the man whose agency failed to prevent the Parkland massacre despite having received a tip last November that Nikolas Cruz was plotting a mass shooting—has been accused of public corruption.

Two years ago, the Sun Sentinel reported that Israel was rewarding top political supporters by giving them and their family members cushy jobs doing public relations and community outreach for the Broward County Sheriff's Office. One such position, outreach manager, paid out a salary of $78,489. The person who got that job was the husband of Israel's campaign manager. ..

Israel's opponents say he's built a publicly funded political machine, paying back supporters with jobs and using them to keep him in office. …

Asked about the allegations, Israel responded, … "Lions don't care about the opinions of sheep." … Given the appalling failures that took place at Israel's office, the "sheep" might like to ask the "lion" some questions. Perhaps he could answer them in a less condescending and authoritarian fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

Now that's some scary $#@! right there!

Double digit IQ authoritarians granted the authority to not only disarm you but lock you up based on their feelings....

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Florida Representative Bill Hager demands incompetent Sheriff Scott Israel's removal fro office:

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bad enough sheriff Scott Israel is shown to be grossly incompetent, but his corruption runs deep as well.

More on Broward County Incompetent Sheriff Scott Israel’s Corruption

Israel was criticized in 2014 after a political action committee supporting his re-election campaign for sheriff accepted thousands of dollars in donations from a convicted felon. … Yoram Izhak, was indicted for allegedly being part of an organized crime ring known as the “Cuban Mafia” that “was allegedly involved in cocaine trafficking, arson, gambling and murder,” according to Local10.

The sheriff has also faced corruption accusations: department employees routinely attended campaign events while on the clock for their taxpayer-funded positions, a Local10 investigation found in 2016. …

the sheriff had routinely handed out taxpayer-funded jobs to political supporters. The sheriff’s response at the time: “lions don’t care about the opinions of sheep.” …

his department’s repeated failures to stop Stoneman Douglas school shooter Nikolas Cruz. The sheriff’s office was warned repeatedly that Cruz was a school shooter in the making, by both his relatives and those close to him, but failed to act …

Cruz’s guardian told police that the Cruz … “used a gun against (people) before” and “put the gun to others’ heads in the past.” …

when Cruz opened fire at Stoneman Douglas high school last week, Israel’s sheriff’s deputies stood by as the shooter mowed down defenseless victims. … Scot Peterson, stood outside the building and refused to confront the shooter, Israel admitted on Thursday. Three other Broward County deputies reportedly waited outside while the shooting was going on …

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I love it. Progs defending cops now. So delightful!!!!!!!!

Well you might not want to go down an AR-15 barrel, but apparently many at CNN have need for a little shill boy. . .

if you act like a whore for the state, you might actually become a whore for the state. . .
    Last edited by Dark_Horse_Rider; 02-25-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Florida Governor Rick Scott has ordered the state's top law enforcement agency to conduct an independent investigation into the Broward Country Sheriff's Department response to the deadly Valentine's Day shooting at a Parkland high school, the governor's office announced Sunday.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...oting-response
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Can’t remember his name, but wasn’t he also a “witness” at the California school shooting just recently? Seems like I saw a tweet where someone posted a school yearbook picture of him and he doesn’t go to school in Florida. Graduated 2015 if I’m remembering right.

This is nuts if true.
    No - No - No - No

It wasn't just one of Sheriff Israel's deputies, Four of Sheriff Israel's Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacre

The four Broward Sheriff’s deputies ... had their pistols drawn from behind the safety of their vehicles, and “not one of them had gone into the school,” according to shocked Coral Springs police.

The Coral Springs officers, meanwhile, entered the building soon after they arrived on scene to confront the shooter, while the four Broward County Sheriff’s deputies remained outside ...

Two days after the shooting, [Coral Springs Police Chief] Putstizzi sent an internal email to his officers obtained by CNN which reads “I understand that another agency [Sheriff Israel's] has given the impression that it had provided the majority of the rescue efforts, and that the tremendous work of the Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments has not been recognized. Please know that this issue will be addressed, and the truth will come out in time.” ...

Look's like the corrupt and inept Sheriff Scott Israel's big media con is about to get called.

As some tweeters pointed out, Corrupt and Inept Sheriff Scott Israel did the best he knew how: After his department hid in cowardice, Scott Israel went on TV to take credit for the heroics of the Coral Springs police that did confront the shooter, congratulate himself on his "amazing leadership", and then scream at the NRA.

Last edited by AZJoe; 02-26-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Look's like the corrupt and inept Sheriff Scott Israel's big media con is about to get called.
    Hopefully it blows up in their faces big time.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The four Broward Sheriff’s deputies ... had their pistols drawn from behind the safety of their vehicles
    Which immediately raises a major question: why pistols? Don't they carry a shotgun and long gun in their vehicles?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Which immediately raises a major question: why pistols? Don't they carry a shotgun and long gun in their vehicles?
    Of course not. Then they might be emboldened to resolve the situation before the SWAT team can even get their masks over their faces.

How are they going to get their federal funding if they don't SWAT anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The same groomed actor seen elsewhere,, repeatedly.

though I am inclined to view him as much a victim as the Cruz.
    there have always been collaborators. for whatever reasons.
    I believe he is a student there, but he certainly has career ambitions to be a leftist activist or CNN actor. There was an interview with him where he admitted that he didn't even know there was a real shooting at the school until he saw headlines. He was either no where near the shooting, or not even on campus at the time.

Well you might not want to go down an AR-15 barrel, but apparently many at CNN have need for a little shill boy. . .

if you act like a whore for the state, you might actually become a whore for the state. . .
    The Deputy should have trained on how to respond with a pistol to an active shooter. If not, then it is on Sheriff Israel's hands.

Obviously you are at a disadvantage with a pistol against a rifle, but there are tactics to be used. The most important thing to do is get some shots fired at the shooter (probably using stealth and cover) to distract them from shooting victims . Many of them just kill themselves at the first sign of armed response.

Many of them just kill themselves at the first sign of armed response.
    This might interfere with the script.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Can’t remember his name, but wasn’t he also a “witness” at the California school shooting just recently? Seems like I saw a tweet where someone posted a school yearbook picture of him and he doesn’t go to school in Florida. Graduated 2015 if I’m remembering right.

This is nuts if true.
    No, he was in the news in Redondo Beach because his friend was being chastised by the lifeguard for putting his boogie board on the trash can and he took some video of the incident and got the lifeguard in trouble. TBH, the incident looked a bit contrived. I can't imagine a lifeguard actually yelling at somebody for putting their board on a trash can. And his 'friend' didn't look like somebody who would be David Hogg's friend either.

Why he was in Redondo Beach is anybody's guess, could have been on vacation I suppose.. But the facebook picture they used to say he went to school there and graduated was actually a yearbook from his school in Florida.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I believe he is a student there, but he certainly has career ambitions to be a leftist activist or CNN actor. There was an interview with him where he admitted that he didn't even know there was a real shooting at the school until he saw headlines. He was either no where near the shooting, or not even on campus at the time.

The Deputy should have trained on how to respond with a pistol to an active shooter. If not, then it is on Sheriff Israel's hands.

Obviously you are at a disadvantage with a pistol against a rifle, but there are tactics to be used. The most important thing to do is get some shots fired at the shooter (probably using stealth and cover) to distract them from shooting victims . Many of them just kill themselves at the first sign of armed response.
    Another case where the narrative gets ahead of events.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast