Thread: Congresswoman claims most mass shooters are Democrats

Congresswoman claims most mass shooters are Democrats

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/polit...ats/index.html

February 22, 2018

Rep. Claudia Tenney, an upstate New York Republican who is up for re-election in one of the most competitive congressional districts in America, told a radio host in Albany that Democrats are more prone to be mass shooters.

Speaking to host Fred Dicker on WGDJ radio, Tenney was discussing the shooting in Parkland, Florida that left 17 people dead when she made the remark.

"It's interesting that so many of these people that commit the mass murders end up being Democrats," Tenney said. "But the media doesn't talk about that."

Tenney, who is an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment, was responding to a point made by Dicker that the majority of gun victims come from the inner cities, not in mass shootings.

Tenney said she supports taking a look at the federal background check system and argued that the shooting should not change the dynamics of the debate over gun control in her district which encompasses cities like Utica, Rome and Binghamton.

CNN followed up for clarification from her office and asked specifically what statistics she was referring to, and her campaign later issued a statement.

"I am fed up with the media and liberals attempting to politicize tragedies and demonize law-abiding gun owners and conservative Americans every time there is a horrible tragedy," Tenney said in the statement. "While we know the perpetrators of these atrocities have a wide variety of political views, my comments are in response to a question about the failure to prosecute illegal gun crime. I will continue to stand up for law-abiding citizens who are smeared by anti-gun liberal elitists."

Democrats, who have the Tenney seat high on their list of potential flips, were quick to pounce on her remarks.

"Once again Congresswoman Tenney has demonstrated how completely unfit she is to serve in Congress," Even Lukaske, a spokesperson from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee said in a statement. "Tenney's comments are unhinged, shameful and disgusting, and show why voters will replace her next November."

But in the radio interview, Tenney argued that her commitment to the Second Amendment will be a benefit to her run in a rural, upstate New York district. She pointed out that even her opponent, Utica Democrat and Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi considers himself a supporter of gun rights.

Brindisi, who holds an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association as a state legislator, which indicates support for gun rights, has yet to propose any significant change to gun laws in the wake of the Parkland Shooting.

Tenney's 22nd District voted for President Donald Trump by 15 percentage points in 2016. But Brindisi outraised Tenney in 2017's third and fourth quarters — making Tenney the subject of more GOP grumbling than other New York Republicans who represent more Democratic-leaning districts, including Reps. John Faso, John Katko and Elise Stefanik.

Another example came last week, when she questioned in a radio interview in the wake of Rob Porter's firing from the White House whether the two previous wives who accused Porter of assaulting them should be believed since charges have not been filed, saying that "it's so easy to line people up."

This story has been updated.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ban Democrats from buying firearms!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

They are easier to trigger.

Not surprising in the slightest.

"Congresswoman claims most mass shooters are Democrats "

Claims? or states a fact?

oh, CNN,,, nevermind.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ban Democrats from buying firearms!
    Second
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I'm on my phone can someone post that picture of Morgan Freeman saying he she's right you know

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I'm on my phone can someone post that picture of Morgan Freeman saying he she's right you know
    Might be more relevant:

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

Might be more relevant:
    Oh SNAP!

Baptiste said.

Might be more relevant:
    I hate that Puerto Rico is never on those pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I dunno, seems like broad brush stereotyping.

On a different note, Heroshima and Nagasaki shooting was done by Dems or repubs?
    Truman was a democrat.
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    On a different note, Heroshima and Nagasaki shooting was done by Dems or repubs?
    FDR and Truman were democrats.

LOL . Yes , she is correct. Liberals are mentally ill or evil , some are both .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    LOL . Yes , she is correct. Liberals are mentally ill or evil , some are both .
    It's the entitlement mentality. At its core, democrats believe they are entitled to your stuff, and if you tell them they can't have it they will use extreme means to get it. On the other hand, conservatives have more of a 'don't fk with me and I won't fk with you' mentality. (there are some exceptions of course, like the war on drugs, but generally, that is my hypothesis on why conservatives don't go nuts as much). And as someone else said, liberals are more easily triggered.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-22-2018 at 06:22 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

FDR and Truman were democrats.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Bitchface 12 o'clock

Quote Originally Posted by democrats
    "Once again Congresswoman Tenney has demonstrated how completely unfit she is to serve in Congress," Even Lukaske, a spokesperson from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee said in a statement. "Tenney's comments are unhinged, shameful and disgusting, and show why voters will replace her next November."
    So in short, "we can't actually dispute what she said, since she is factually correct. so instead we are going to call her names and point out how she is a big meanie."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So in short, "we can't actually dispute what she said, since she is factually correct. so instead we are going to call her names and point out how she is a big meanie."
    I hope this strategy is still effective? We'd be in trouble if it weren't. Did we mention she's a bad role model?