Thread: Trump "Strongly" Considering Concealed Carry In Schools

Trump "Strongly" Considering Concealed Carry In Schools

President Trump suggested that arming teachers would be an effective method of preventing future school shootings while sitting down for a listening session on school shootings at the White House on Wednesday.

"If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms, they could very well end the attack very quickly, and the good thing about a suggestion like that -- and we're going to be looking at it very strongly, and I think a lot of people are going to be opposed to it. I think a lot of people are going to like it. But the good thing is you're going to have a lot of [armed] people with that," said the President.
    President Trump on concealed carry for teachers: "If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms, they could very well end the attack very quickly." pic.twitter.com/SnKjyYH0uw
    — Josh Caplan (@joshdcaplan) February 21, 2018
    Trump said that athletic director at Stoneman Douglas High School, Chris Hixon, had "saved a lot of lives," however if he had been armed, he could have saved more.
    "He wouldn't have had to run, he would have shot, and that would have been the end of it," he said, adding that he only supported concealed carry for people "adept" with guns.
    Trump also knocked gun-free zones around schools.
    "A gun-free zone to a maniac, because they're all cowards, a gun-free zone is 'let's go in and attack,'" he said. "I really believe if these cowards knew that the school was well-guarded from the standpoint of pretty much having professionals with great training, I think they wouldn't go into the schools to start with, it would pretty much solve your problem."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-carry-schools
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is encouraging. Common sense. So rarely seen in politics it’s sad
    No - No - No - No

Yes indeed common sense. Everyone can thank Joe Biden for making our kids sitting ducks in the schools.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    This is encouraging. Common sense. So rarely seen in politics it’s sad
    This is sure to make the liberals lose their minds even moreso than they have already.

I'm sure it will cause a $#@! storm on the left.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The reason we see so many bad people getting away with gun violence is largely due to the number of good people who don't/won't use their guns. I'm guilty of it, also. I've got a CC permit that's almost 5 years old and I've carried maybe 4 times out in public. It won't do any good sitting in the gun cabinet at home. Granted there's a lot of stupid laws forcing good people to leave their guns behind when they go into certain places. But there's also a lot of places where you're legally allowed to carry, but you don't, just because [fill in the blank].

but tragedy can happen anywhere.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-22-2018 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    The reason we see so many bad people getting away with gun violence is largely due to the number of good people who don't/won't use their guns. I'm guilty of it, also. I've got a CC permit that's almost 5 years old and I've carried maybe 4 times out in public. It won't do any good sitting in the gun cabinet at home. Granted there's a lot of stupid laws forcing good people to leave their guns behind when they go into certain places. But there's also a lot of places where you're legally allowed to carry, but you don't, just because [fill in the blank].

Mine has bare metal on the muzzle end because it lives in my pocket. A gun is like a parachute... if you need one and don't have it, you won't be needing it ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    danno will be in any minute telling us not to worry it's just 4d chess and it's not going to happen.

I love it.

Imagine the kinds of folks that will now be attracted to the teaching profession. This one law could single-handedly change the culture, in a good way, for generations.

"Taking our kids and our country back"
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    ....History shows that a school shooting lasts, on average, 3 minutes. It takes police & first responders approximately 5 to 8 minutes to get to site of crime. Highly trained, gun adept, teachers/coaches would solve the problem instantly, before police arrive. GREAT DETERRENT!
    Exactly.
    But of course, those seeking gun control hate this approach, as it puts the spotlight on the truth of "it takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun". Hopefully, the average American who sincerely just wants to see safer schools will start to see past the hysterics and get on board with something like this.
    Maybe common sense will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    This is sure to make the liberals lose their minds even moreso than they have already.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    I'm sure it will cause a $#@! storm on the left.
    The common response I have seen is "but I won't be comfortable if teachers have guns".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The common response I have seen is "but I won't be comfortable if teachers have guns".
    But it will be comfortable if your kids are unprotected?

DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Love him or hate him, it could mean a lot that a sitting president is publicly suggesting that teachers be armed.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There was an armed deputy on campus at the time of the shooting. He stood outside for 4 minutes.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    There was an armed deputy on campus at the time of the shooting. He stood outside for 4 minutes.
    He resigned, just read the story on my browser's home page.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

He resigned, just read the story on my browser's home page.
    Sure, but it didn't do any good to have him there, sucking up tax dollars. He didn't do what he was commissioned to do, and 17 people died.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Sure, but it didn't do any good to have him there, sucking up tax dollars. He didn't do what he was commissioned to do, and 17 people died.
    And because he is a Kop he will get a free pass, no charges will be filed and if they are the jury won't convict.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump Proposes Bonus For Teachers Who Carry Guns

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-22/trump-proposes-bonus-teachers-who-carry-guns

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 15h15 hours ago

I never said “give teachers guns” like was stated on Fake News @CNN & @NBC. What I said was to look at the possibility of giving “concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience - only the best. 20% of teachers, a lot, would now be able to
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Just hours after President Trump angrily declared on Twitter that he never suggested that "teachers with guns" would be an appropriate deterrent to stop school shootings (before launching into a tirade about why doing precisely that would be a sensible solution), the president has proposed that the "20% or so" of teachers who agree to keep weapons should receive "a little bit of a bonus."
    "You can't hire enough security guards, but you could have concealed [carry weapons] on the teachers," Trump said, according to a pool report cited by the Daily Beast.
    "You won't have these shootings because these people are cowards. They're not going to walk into a school if 20% of the teachers have guns. And what I would recommend doing is, the people who do carry, you give them a little bit of a bonus."
    Trump added that leaving schools "gun free" makes them too vulnerable to school shootings like the one that left 17 students of Marjorie Douglas Tillman high school in Parkland, Fla. dead and more than a dozen injured.

Per pool, Trump said gun-free zones make it like "going in for the ice cream" for school shooters.
    — Tarini Parti (@tparti) February 22, 2018
    Trump added that he would want teachers to go through "rigorous training" to "harden our sites."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...who-carry-guns

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ohio Sheriff Offers Free Gun Training To 50 Teachers; Forced To Cap At 300 After Huge Response

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...300-after-huge

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TSA for schools - believable
    Biometric school IDs for the kiddies - believable
    Social media tracking tied to the biometric IDs - believable

A New Yorker talking about arming union teachers...

I'm guessing his hands will be tied.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE