Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Open to Raising ‘Minimum Age for Owning Certain Firearms’

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think Trump is planning to talk a lot and panic people into buying the gun industry's overstock and then do nothing.

Just to be clear: I condemn that action as much as I do gun control.
    When push comes to shove, he'll either have to sign it or veto it. And he'll sign it.
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trumps not for regime change in Syria he is just bombing a little bit, Trumps not for Obamacare lite thats fake news, Trumps not for gun control he is just wanting to ban certain types of gun accessories, Trumps not for raising the minimum wage* wait oh I actually read that one wrong, it just didn't seem out of character.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    When push comes to shove, he'll either have to sign it or veto it. And he'll sign it.
    I don't think it will get to his desk and I don't think he will sign it if it does.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I give Hillary one year tops before she is behind bars.
    And Paul Ryan is clearly on borrowed time, too.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Lol, tuned in to AJ today to hear what the spin over there on it is. AJ wasn't there, Milo Yapallofus of all people was filling in, on Worldwide Christian Radio. What has happened to the liberty movement, the alternative media and this world? This is freaking Alice in Wonderland $#@!, are we all going to wake up and find out we partook of Mushrooms together and its still 2012?

I mean what's next?
    I want to wake up and it is November 5, 2008. And why I was out, is because I was drinking too hard from partying because Ron Paul had just won the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Paul Ryan is fired he just keeps showing up to work and no one has told him.
    Nothing like expecting the world's biggest swamp to get drained by the world's biggest leech.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    I want to wake up and it is November 5, 2008. And why I was out, is because I was drinking too hard from partying because Ron Paul had just won the general election.
    Dude. Nobody does nightmares like you do.

Just goes to show. A real man's nightmare is a Republican troll's wet dream. GAGME!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-21-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I doubt Rand Paul would have launched a massive counter campaign against the MSM like Trump did. It's not his style and never was. Remember that Rand backed down when the MSM handcuffed him with the false narrative of being dismissive of that female anchor. Trump would have doubled down and that's exactly why he won.
    Trump had fake people show up to his rallys and fake online supporters. He got billions of dollars in free tv during the Republican primaries. I bet his Primary polls were fake too, if they can fake the general election polls they can fake the primary polls. He cherry picked a single polling outlet during the debate and said that Rand doesn't belong in the debate even though he was polling higher then half the stage on the other polling outlets. Plus he ran against someone the democrat party didn't want to vote for.

He won because Hillary was on the democrat ticket and the democrat party imploded when people found out that Clinton rigged the democrat party's nomination and got away with it because its not against the law to rig a private contest. He literally ran against someone the other party did not want to vote for. Or what Rand Paul said when he first announced he was running for president in spring 2015, anyone would beat Clinton, there's a new book coming out that says she is a criminal and when people found out what she was doing with charity money she won't be able to win.

I think both parties have now seen the new definition of insanity: Nominating the primary candidate the MSM talks about the most and hoping that will lead to change.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Lol, tuned in to AJ today to hear what the spin over there on it is. AJ wasn't there, Milo Yapallofus of all people was filling in, on Worldwide Christian Radio. What has happened to the liberty movement, the alternative media and this world? This is freaking Alice in Wonderland $#@!, are we all going to wake up and find out we partook of Mushrooms together and its still 2012?

I mean what's next?
    Jones jumped the shark years ago.

I was a huge fan, donated many times to various "pledge drives" he held.

Haven't listened in years now.

The National Rifle Association says any legislation aimed at raising the age requirement for rifle and shotgun purchases would deprive young Americans their constitutional right to self-protection.
    Federal law already prohibits those under the age of 21 from purchasing handguns from licensed gun dealers.
    But some have proposed a similar limit on rifles and shotguns in the wake of last week's Florida shooting.
    NRA spokeswoman Jennifer Baker says, "We need serious proposals to prevent violent criminals and the dangerously mentally ill from acquiring firearms," but says raising the age requirement on shotguns and rifles from 18 to 21 would punish "law-abiding citizens for the evil acts of criminals."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-tr...172214502.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Florida kids are old enough to know what's best for all of us, but at the same time they aren't old enough to own a gun

I will oppose any and all politicians that support age limits for firearms . None will ever get my vote or a thin dime .

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I hope he sacrifices bump stocks as a ploy and leaves the other measures behind. Bump stocks are incredibly ineffective to boot. Give the anti-gunners a Pyrrhic victory.

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    The Florida kids are old enough to know what's best for all of us, but at the same time they aren't old enough to own a gun
    Yeah. And weren't they all eating Tide Pods a couple of weeks ago?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Yeah. And weren't they all eating Tide Pods a couple of weeks ago?

THAT would explain a lot.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I hope he sacrifices bump stocks as a ploy and leaves the other measures behind. Bump stocks are incredibly ineffective to boot. Give the anti-gunners a Pyrrhic victory.
    No. No more regulatory fatwahs. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    AWB, bump stock bans, gun owner restraining orders, now new age restrictions.

Getting all the gun control done that couldn't get done under Obama.

Way to go GOP and Trump.

Report: Trump Open to Raising ‘Minimum Age for Owning Certain Firearms’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...tain-firearms/

by AWR Hawkins21 Feb 2018

A “White House source” informed Fox News that President Trump is open to raising the “minimum age for owning certain firearms.”

The federal minimum age for purchasing a handgun is 21-years old while the minimum age for purchasing a long gun is 18. The ability to buy long guns at age 18 came under scrutiny after 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz carried an AR-15 into a gun-free zone in Florida and opened fire on students, killing 17.

Fox News reports that Trump is “open to…a rise in the minimum age for owning certain firearms” in the wake of the Florida attack.

This news emerged on the same day that Trump directed the DOJ to finalize plans to ban bump stocks amid the current gun control outcry. It also came on the day that NRP’s Mara Liasson asked White House Press Sarah Sanders if Trump would be willing to reinstate the 1994-2004 federal “assault weapons” ban. Sanders replied, “We haven’t close doors on any front.”

The Washington Post reports that the idea of raising minimum age for gun purchases came up while Trump was having dinner with Geraldo Rivera.

Riveria suggested “raising the minimum age at which a person could buy a semiautomatic weapon from 18 to 21.”

The AP reports the White House confirmed “the idea of raising the age limit to buy an AR-15 was on the table for discussion.”
    The comments are funny. They don't really seem to have a problem with Trump doing this.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

To protect Gun Rights you have to trample Gun Rights.

Around here, we tend to thank kahless, thoughtomator, dannno and you. The rest of us were trying to nominate a conservative candidate during the primaries.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again."

I wish a gave enough a $#@! to dig it up and post the part of Lil' Marco's talk (that NBC was sure to play this morning on the Propaganda Show) where he says something along the lines of ".....if we need to take those rights away we will......."

Is it time yet?

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    AWB, bump stock bans, gun owner restraining orders, now new age restrictions.

Getting all the gun control done that couldn't get done under Obama.

Way to go GOP and Trump.

Report: Trump Open to Raising ‘Minimum Age for Owning Certain Firearms’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...tain-firearms/

by AWR Hawkins21 Feb 2018

A “White House source” informed Fox News that President Trump is open to raising the “minimum age for owning certain firearms.”

The federal minimum age for purchasing a handgun is 21-years old while the minimum age for purchasing a long gun is 18. The ability to buy long guns at age 18 came under scrutiny after 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz carried an AR-15 into a gun-free zone in Florida and opened fire on students, killing 17.

Fox News reports that Trump is “open to…a rise in the minimum age for owning certain firearms” in the wake of the Florida attack.

This news emerged on the same day that Trump directed the DOJ to finalize plans to ban bump stocks amid the current gun control outcry. It also came on the day that NRP’s Mara Liasson asked White House Press Sarah Sanders if Trump would be willing to reinstate the 1994-2004 federal “assault weapons” ban. Sanders replied, “We haven’t close doors on any front.”

The Washington Post reports that the idea of raising minimum age for gun purchases came up while Trump was having dinner with Geraldo Rivera.

Riveria suggested “raising the minimum age at which a person could buy a semiautomatic weapon from 18 to 21.”

The AP reports the White House confirmed “the idea of raising the age limit to buy an AR-15 was on the table for discussion.”
    and don't forged the expanded background checks.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...62241977360384
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    and don't forget the expanded background checks.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...62241977360384
    And don't forget 'distrust of government' is now a clinical mental diagnosis.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by milgram; 02-22-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Around here, we tend to thank kahless, thoughtomator, dannno and you. The rest of us were trying to nominate a conservative candidate during the primaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again."

I was anti-Trump until a few months after Rand dropped out... and I voted for Gary Johnson in the general.. but hey, look over there, a shiny Trump humper!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Why?

What possible good, in today's environment, would accrue from giving the Bolshevik left a "victory" of any sort?

All you do is sent off waves of fear and capitulation, and the left is never going to see us as "rational" and "reasonable".

This will just embolden them to push harder.

$#@! that, no compromise, ever.

Go down swinging, if that is what it comes to.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    and don't forged the expanded background checks.
    Yup, great isn't it?

Now, government functionaries will decide if you are "competent" enough to have any rights.

Just another day in AmeriKa.

Somewhere in hell, Erich Honecker is smiling up at us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast