Thread: Rand's endorsements "molding the GOP in his image?" (Mcclatchy)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rand's endorsements "molding the GOP in his image?" (Mcclatchy)

from Mcclatchy DC Bureau http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...201171739.html

Rand Paul bids to mold the GOP in his image
    BY LESLEY CLARK
    February 21, 2018 05:00 AM - Updated 2 hours 52 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Is Sen. Rand Paul the new Steve Bannon, the former Trump aide who promised to wage a “season of war” on the Republican establishment and champion like-minded conservatives?

Paul, a Kentucky Republican, has endorsed two Senate candidates who definitely aren't favorites of GOP standard bearers: Kelli Ward in Arizona and Mike Gibbons in Ohio.

Ward has suggested Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who is battling brain cancer, should quit the Senate as soon as possible and Gibbons is a novice businessman up against a sitting congressman who has President Donald Trump and the Ohio Republican party's stamp of approval.

The Paul endorsements come as Senate Republicans are playing offense on a Senate map that strongly favors them. The GOP is eager to avoid messy primary battles that could benefit Democrats who see bright prospects for taking control of the chamber in November.

A Paul spokesman for Paul brushed aside concerns that the senator could complicate Republican efforts.

"Senator Rand Paul believes that we must elect individuals who will break the current mold of bigger government, more debt and endless foreign intervention," spokesman Sergio Gor said, adding that Paul looked forward to welcoming Ward to the Senate.

(more http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...201171739.html
    (By the way, CPAC is this week.)
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-24-2018 at 10:11 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish Rand wouldn't dole out endorsements so easily though. He dodged a bullet with Roy Moore--I don't think anyone ever asked him about it.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I wish Rand wouldn't dole out endorsements so easily though. He dodged a bullet with Roy Moore--I don't think anyone ever asked him about it.
    He was right to endorse Moore.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

A Paul spokesman for Paul brushed aside concerns that the senator could complicate Republican efforts.
    Lol
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Texas State Senate, District 8 - Phillip Huffines

Phillip Huffines Candidate for Texas State Senate, District 8