Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Bans Bump Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

The 43 types of semiautomatic rifles now barred from entry into the United States were part of a group of 50 evaluated by the firearms bureau in a three-month study. The bureau has authority under the 1968 Gun Control Act to block imports of weapons not generally suitable to sporting use, but it does not regulate domestic manufacture of weapons
    LOL.... dude... you unbolded the most important part!!!

They had the authority to block imports, they didn't have the authority to regulate domestic manufacture.

I think that's the whole key here..

I will take that bet and hold you to it.

20 August 2018.

If, on that date, I can still legally buy a "bump stock", "Hellfire", "Crankfire" or similar device, I will donate $50 to the liberty charity or cause of your choice.

If I cannot, you will donate $50 to the campaign of Glenn Bradley in NC.

Deal?
    Sounds good, Glenn Bradley will get $50 either way.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully the school administration won't have you SWATted.
    They have a new male principal this year and we get along great. He invited me to join their parent advisory committee for example.

Of course this is partly related to your other thread. As I informed his teacher that if there were any behavior issues, to please refer my son to the principal as he is more inclined to listen/obey males than he is to females. It worked.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-21-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    LOL.... dude... you unbolded the most important part!!!

They had the authority to block imports, they didn't have the authority to regulate domestic manufacture.

I think that's the whole key here..
    That's under the 1968 GCA, they have broad regulatory power under both the 1934 FCA and 1968 GCA.

If the ATF declares that (and they have the regulatory power to do so) bump stocks turn a non-Class III weapon INTO a Class III weapon, then you bet your ass they can regulate or ban it.

Yer on.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    To be devil's advocate, he's been getting pretty rough treatment from media lately... as an accomplished former reality TV star this could be weighing down pretty heavy on him especially now since his strong supporters like Bannon and Nikki Haley are no longer as close to him.

Jimmy Kimmel To Trump After School Shooting: “You’re Mentally Ill”
    https://www.fastcompany.com/40532427...e-mentally-ill
    LOL - The government media is a joke.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

Anyone who's had their eyes open knew that Trump was a phony. He will never stand up for Liberty. He will always be looking to make a buck and he will always have a liberty bent to his arrows...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    I am pretty sure most here know my opinion of background checks in general...

But if he wants to "fix" it... Fix it to Restore Rights to as many as possible.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Nevertheless, Trump's DOJ issued a press release on December 5, 2017 stating that the Department would be reinterpreting the definition of machine-gun in federal firearms statutes to see if bump stocks would be included after all.

"Possessing firearm parts that are used exclusively in converting a weapon into a machine gun is illegal," said Attorney General Jeff Sessions in that press release. "Today we begin the process of determining whether or not bump stocks are covered by this prohibition."

http://reason.com/blog/2018/02/20/tr...bump-stock-ban

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Would Pence have caved? Maybe join with Dems calling of impeachment of that SOB.
    Pence would already be pushing a semi-auto ban.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Hillary would have murdered every American and spirit cooked their dismembered corpses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Hillary would have murdered every American and spirit cooked their dismembered corpses.
    Not far from the truth...

Doesn't explain or justify the Orange One's cave in though.

If danno is giving away money, I'll take some.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trump is selling the idea that there is a government solution to a problem is that coherent enough?
    + Rep..... ^
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He wants to enact much more drastic gun control, of course. But this is a baby step to gauge what he can get away with and ease people into different expectations from him.

Next time a mass shooting happens, with a bump-stock-ban already taken care of, he'll be able to move onto some other gun control measure.

He needs to build his way up to his campaign promise of, "They will stop, they will frisk, and they will take the gun away."

Caved on what? He didn't ban bump stocks.
    He went further, all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns. Trump supporters and so called Conservative media can spin it however they like but here it is directly from the horses ass mouth. See bold.

Presidential Memorandum on banning Machine gun to "Bump Fire" Stocks and Other Similar Devices...
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...milar-devices/
    Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns.

He went further, all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns. Trump supporters and so called Conservative media can spin it however they like but here it is directly from the horses ass mouth. See bold.

Presidential Memorandum on banning Machine gun to "Bump Fire" Stocks and Other Similar Devices...
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...milar-devices/

Dude you aren't listening, I already read all that $#@!. Did you read what I posted? He can't do it. But he CAN say he is going to do it. Which will buy him some time until people aren't freaking out anymore over the shooting. It gives him political capital without having to give up gun rights.

Trump played 4D chess during his campaign, you saw it, he won.. He never stopped. He even has a reason for bringing deep state people into his cabinet. You may not know why.. $#@!, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY most of the time. But none of us are Trump. Dude is a genius.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Dude you aren't listening, I already read all that $#@!. Did you read what I posted? He can't do it. But he CAN say he is going to do it. Which will buy him some time until people aren't freaking out anymore over the shooting. It gives him political capital without having to give up gun rights.

Trump played 4D chess during his campaign, you saw it, he won.. He never stopped. He even has a reason for bringing deep state people into his cabinet. You may not know why.. $#@!, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY most of the time. But none of us are Trump. Dude is a genius.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The problem with that is with the head of the party - the President appearing to be behind gun control, the rest of the spineless Republicans after seeing this may cave.

The problem with that is with the head of the party - the President appearing to be behind gun control, the rest of the spineless Republicans after seeing this may cave.
    Well then we will know who to vote out of office won't we?

Well then we will know who to vote out of office won't we?
    Trump?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

LOL - The government media is a joke.
    That probably could be said of almost all of MSM.

Some of conservatives in media may have been getting ready to leave him even before this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzUOLOC5eQ

From
    Non-Jarvanka wing of GOP starting to turn on Trump?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Trump?
    If you think that is going to be beneficial for liberty, go ahead. I wouldn't do it without thinking it through, though.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Some of conservatives in media may have been getting ready to leave him even before this:
    Anne Coulter isn't known for having patience. Or tact.

Anne Coulter isn't known for having patience. Or tact.
    Why should she or anyone have blind loyalty to a candidate? She has been pretty spot on about Trump repeatedly betraying his base by deviating from the platform he ran on.

Why should she or anyone have blind loyalty to a candidate? She has been pretty spot on about Trump repeatedly betraying his base by deviating from the platform he ran on.
    I don't think Trump has deviated from his base really at all in his actions. Can you think of any examples?

You and Anne don't understand the concept of political capital. Anne has no political capital because she has no tact. She will never be President and won't get much done besides writing books for an echo chamber.

Trump knows how to gain political capital and how to use it strategically. He is on a completely different level than Anne Coulter.

I don't think Trump has deviated from his base really at all in his actions. Can you think of any examples?

You and Anne don't understand the concept of political capital. Anne has no political capital because she has no tact.

Trump knows how to gain political capital and how to use it strategically. He is on a completely different level than Anne Coulter.
    4d chess and Trump having more tact than Ann Coulter, LOL. You pegged some Trump supporters right with that, so much so it has become a meme.

If you are being serious then I would say Trump has no backbone to use his political capital. He gives it away caving at the slightest bit of news media opposition after ranting on Twitter for a few days since he cannot handle anyone not liking him, instead of growing a pair. Significantly altering the policies he ran on is not good use of his political capital.

If he thinks he can keep using "The Wall" to appease Trump supporters that is bs since that was only a small part of why people voted for him. The immigration issue was way more than just the wall. If he thinks that tactic is going to work as he caves to GOP-E with each campaign promise he is going to in for a rude awakening in lost support since the tide is turning on him especially if after 8 years of Obama he is the one to cave on gun control.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-21-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Pence would already be pushing a semi-auto ban.
    Correct.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast