Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Trump Bans Bump Stocks

Walgreens, CVS join Walmart, Kroger in asking shoppers not to openly carry guns in stores

Published 4 hours agoUpdated an hour ago
    Lauren Thomas@laurenthomas

Key Points

• Walgreens and CVS join Walmart and Kroger in asking shoppers not to openly carry guns in stores.
    • This follows a wave of deadly shootings in the U.S.
    • Walmart CEO Doug McMillon earlier this week asked other retailers to act as well.

Drugstore chains Walgreens Boots Alliance and CVS Health on Thursday joined Walmart and Kroger in asking shoppers not to openly carry guns in their stores, even in states where “open carry” is allowed, unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.

“We are joining other retailers in asking our customers to no longer openly carry firearms into our stores other than authorized law enforcement officials,” Walgreens said in an emailed statement.
    CVS posted a similar message to its corporate Twitter account.

Kroger on Tuesday evening said that it would begin asking customers not to openly carry guns in stores, and that it recognized “the growing chorus of Americans who are no longer comfortable with the status quo and who are advocating for concrete and common sense gun reforms.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/05/walg...arry-guns.html

Related

Kroger asks customers not to openly carry guns in stores
    3 hours ago - (WSET)

Kroger CEO: Trump Presidency is Good for Business
    Kroger could haul in huge gains with Trump tax cut
    bizjournals
    Dec 14, 2016 - Kroger Co. stands to get a healthy boost to its profits if Donald Trump follows through with plans to significantly lower the corporate tax rate.

Kroger is big time believer in MAGA leadership, so this is not surprising that they don't want to be on bad side of MAGA.
    These developments should help MAGA pull many liberal, Dem votes that should more than compensate for any lost NRA/GOA 2nd amenders , GOP conservative votes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    'Red flag' laws will hurt red states that support Trump

By Jason S. Johnson, opinion contributor — 09/24/19

Extreme risk protection orders (ERPOs), colloquially known as “red flag” laws, aim to disarm potential mass shooters before they carry out their deadly crimes. Following recent attacks in Texas and Ohio, adopting a federal red flag statute has attracted supporters from both parties, including Sens. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). It seems like an easy win. Who would oppose keeping firearms away from those suffering from homicidal ideation?
    Yet lost in the clamor for stricter gun control are the unintended consequences of red flag laws. Already enacted in 17 states (all but two of which voted for Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election), the primary petitioner in each state apart from Vermont is law enforcement. Most states also allow family members to initiate an ERPO; Hawaii even allows a co-worker to petition.
    In the same vein, Feinstein has proposed a bill mandating that law enforcement must be included as a petitioner, and states are free to add other entities to the list.

Police officers do an excellent job of protecting citizens when called upon, but their track record as arbiters of constitutional law is less than stellar (see civil forfeiture). Further, empowering police to punish “would-be criminals” in a Minority Report-esque fashion should raise red flags of its own.
    In August, journalist Stephen Gutowski drew attention to a case in Philadelphia where NBC News reported that police had seized a “massive arsenal” including “multiple grenades” from a suicidal man. In reality, the 39 guns and inert grenades belonged to an elderly hobbyist who had been building his collection since youth. Despite committing no crime, nor making any homicidal threats, he now faces the prospect of seeing that collection destroyed while being villainized as a dangerous criminal. While Pennsylvania has yet to enact a red flag law, we can expect to see an upswing in such cases should a federal law pass.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal...-support-trump

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Houston, TX — Good news for gun owners keeping their eye on the legal battle over the bump stock ban. In Houston yesterday, in the first case where an American was charged with a crime for posessing the now-banned item, the prosecutor dropped the charge entirely.

According to the Houston Chronicle, the prosecutor had good reason to drop the charge. A former ATF agent was prepared to testify that a bump stock wasn’t, in fact, a machine gun.

Learn more about RevenueStripe...

Senior U.S. District Judge Gray H. Miller convicted Ajay Dhingra, 44, on three remaining counts that he lied when he purchased a handgun, rifle and ammunition, and illegally possessed a weapon as a person who had been committed for mental illness.

Experts had conflicting views on the [bump stock] matter, said defense attorney Tom Berg. But Rick Vasquez, a retired ATF agent and firearms expert, would have told the court the bump stock did not meet the statutory definition of a machine gun. The prosecution dismissed [the] case, he said, because the government couldn’t prove beyond a reasonable doubt the bump stock was a machine gun.
    https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/11/1...ned-accessory/

It will not hold up and Trump knew it wouldn't.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It will not hold up and Trump knew it wouldn't.
    That prosecution was in TEXAS. Texas is a state where it's legal to shoot a prostitute that takes your money and doesn't perform as long as you do it after dark.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

https://twitter.com/GunOwners/status...45094808473600
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The only reason Trump banned bump stocks was because he was trying to end the federal reserve
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

There will be more cases and one of them will end it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you think Trump banning bump stocks was bad just wait to see what happens when he is given four more years. He will no long need to placate his supporters and will be able to implement his life long beliefs in gun control.

His second term will no doubt be about achieving his legacy. All that virtue signalling and grovelling to the left instead of doing his job will no doubt turn into placating them in hopes in can win them over to achieve his legacy and end the divide. In his quest for that legacy he will no doubt placate the gun grabbers.
    Last edited by kahless; 10-04-2022 at 10:00 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

That smooching sound just won’t go away.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    That smooching sound just won’t go away.
    Amazing, isn't it?

He banned bump stocks by fiat instead of finding out what really happened in Vegas so that maybe someday a court would declare his action unconstitutional, he printed trillions and gave it to Big Pharma, then put a drunkard in charge of investigating the election theft so Biden would be blamed for the inflation and myocarditis, and no doubt conspired with Pelosi to trash the Constitution so Massie could prove his courage and integrity.

When you're playing 46DD chess, who needs an opponent?

And the sheep say, trust the plaaaaaan.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

There will be more cases and one of them will end it.
    The Bump Stock Court Case Coming Up: Cargill v Garland

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/10/the...ill-v-garland/

The Supreme Cowards may not have wanted another controversial ruling before the midterms, or they may be waiting to use some subject other than guns to end the bureaucratic overreach.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

ATF [to be] Stripped of Power by Supreme Court Decision

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Supreme Court To Review Trump-Era 'Bump Stock' Ban

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...bump-stock-ban

The slapdown will hamstring the entire administrative state.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Supreme Court To Review Trump-Era 'Bump Stock' Ban

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...bump-stock-ban

The slapdown will hamstring the entire administrative state.
    Amazing what can be achieved with a little patience.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Amazing what can be achieved with a little patience.
    And cunning beyond the ken of an 8 year old.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

Trump's Kraken might show up any day now. Keep holding your breath!

https://twitter.com/Trump_History45/...14276263461176

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718