Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Bans Bump Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It will do nothing but embolden the prohibitionists.

Now they know they can make the Orange One cave in.
    The great dealmaker has a habit of giving away his best bargaining chips prior to the beginning of negotiations. #jerusalem. Of course there is always three dimensional chess #scottadams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Just heard the Orange One on the teevee in the other room.

It's not just bump stocks.

It's any device, bump stock or similar devices.

Way to go.

Orange Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Oh good that 1934 law will be overturned by the supreme court as unconstitutional any day now...

I'm addressing reality.
    You said that you were fine with that reality, nobody who understands the 2ndA should be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Everyone already agrees to draw the line SOMEWHERE. The question is where should it be drawn. Or do you think people should be able to buy chemical weapons, abrams tanks, rocket launchers and nuclear weapons without any regulations at all?
    The obvious line is infantry weapons, anything more restrictive can't be argued for without violating the point of the 2ndA, history might actually be on the side of larger weapons and ordinance since their equivalents were available to private citizens in the founders' time.
    The only line I would draw is weapons of mass indiscriminate damage.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Isn't the rest of what he said correct though? I mean, I disagree with the first sentence also, but the rest seems like bombing an empty airbase to gain political capital.
    No, it is always bad to concede anything to the gun-grabbers, they are never satisfied but it continues the culture that creates people like spudea who are "fine" with the auto ban.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 02-20-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The only line I would draw is weapons of mass indiscriminate damage.

There we agree. There is no legitimate defensive use..and no moral justification.

I consider any attack on civilian targets to be criminal under any circumstance.
    I am in full favor of Self Defense and community defense.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

It will do nothing but embolden the prohibitionists.
    Right. I thought about saying that but felt like it goes without saying. Anytime you stick the camel's nose under the tent on any issue, it doesn't end there.

What I find interesting is Republicans are most effective on taxes and guns. They basically take a zero tolerance stand on both issues, even though there is always temptation to bend. I think it helps politically yet they don't do it on any other issues. Maybe abortion to a lesser extent.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 02-20-2018 at 10:20 PM.

It's for the children!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Let's see if Dopey Sessions wakes up to get this done.

It'll be a fine addition to his record: Asset Forfeiture, Legal Weed and Gun Control.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wow lads.

White House on ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban: ‘We Haven’t Closed Doors on Any Front’

During Tuesday’s press briefing, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders was asked about a proposed “assault weapons” ban and said, “We haven’t closed the door on any front.”

NPR’s Mara Liasson asked, “In 2000 [President Trump] did support an ‘assault weapons’ ban. What is his position now?” She followed her own question by asking if President Trump supports “reinstating” the 1994-2004 federal “assault weapons” ban.

CNN reported that Sanders responded by saying, “I don’t have any specific announcements, but we haven’t closed the door on any front.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-on-any-front/
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Yup, gotta hand it to the stupid party and the Orange One.

Stab your base in the back, and kiss the opposition's ass and give them what they want.

The GOP is going to get slaughtered in the fall.

The leftist mobs, minorities and women are just dying to get in a voting booth to vote against them, and why should the base bother: you $#@!ed us on ObamaCare, you $#@!ed us on the budget, you $#@!ed us on foreign policy, you're fixing to $#@! us on immigration...it's all bull$#@!.

I've tried to keep an open mind, give Trump credit where it's due, but this is a line in the sand.

$#@! them all.

You know, I've been doing this liberty activism thing for over 40 years now. In all that time, this has been the consistent pattern with Republicans, and they almost always do it when it comes to guns. They NEVER dig in and demand what their constituency wants, especially on guns. It's happened over and over again. Give them the majority and they never fail to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And people never learn.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

One possibility to consider is that all of this is intended to help gun sales and nothing is going to happen after they panic people into buying their overstock.

Just to be clear: I condemn that possibility as much as I condemn gun control.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Cornyn, Republicans, gun control

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One possibility to consider is that all of this is intended to help gun sales and nothing is going to happen after they panic people into buying their overstock.

Just to be clear: I condemn that possibility as much as I condemn gun control.
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said President Trump's plan to order a ban on "bump stocks" is not enough, and that her legislation codifying the ban should be taken up in Congress.
    Feinstein pointed to a statement from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives last year that they lacked the power to ban the devices, which can increase a gun's rate of fire.
    Feinstein last year introduced a bill to ban bump stocks as well as similar devices.
    “If ATF tries to ban these devices after admitting repeatedly that it lacks the authority to do so, that process could be tied up in court for years, and that would mean bump stocks would continue to be sold. Legislation is the only answer," Feinstein said in a statement Tuesday.

More at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/de...rticle/2649570

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    You know, I've been doing this liberty activism thing for over 40 years now. In all that time, this has been the consistent pattern with Republicans, and they almost always do it when it comes to guns. They NEVER dig in and demand what their constituency wants, especially on guns. It's happened over and over again. Give them the majority and they never fail to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And people never learn.
    Yup.

"We" do our best as an opposition party...I guess I figure it doesn't cost the cum drunk sluts anything to just talk and hold $#@! up rather than take the lead on any freedom issue.

I haven't seen any numbers yet, but here's hoping ARs and FNs and AKs are flying off the shelves at the speed of light.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said President Trump's plan to order a ban on "bump stocks" is not enough, and that her legislation codifying the ban should be taken up in Congress.
    Feinstein pointed to a statement from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives last year that they lacked the power to ban the devices, which can increase a gun's rate of fire.
    Feinstein last year introduced a bill to ban bump stocks as well as similar devices.
    “If ATF tries to ban these devices after admitting repeatedly that it lacks the authority to do so, that process could be tied up in court for years, and that would mean bump stocks would continue to be sold. Legislation is the only answer," Feinstein said in a statement Tuesday.

LOL

Bombing an empty airbase.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

lol... look at that.. average 5-10 posts per hour of people infuriated that Trump passed some completely ineffective gun control, as soon as it is reported as ineffective there is no posts for 2+ hours..

I wonder why people always forget about how this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME??

@Anti Federalist (was outta rep btw, respect your comments)
    Last edited by dannno; 02-21-2018 at 02:09 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

lol... look at that.. average 5-10 posts per hour of people infuriated that Trump passed some completely ineffective gun control, as soon as it is reported as ineffective there is no posts for 2+ hours..

I wonder why people always forget about how this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME??

@Anti Federalist
    We are in the non-peak hours for the site.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We are in the non-peak hours for the site.
    That's what she said.

That's what she said.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    This seems like the kind of thing you do to placate people whining about gun control. This has zero affect on anything. The more practical question is it worth it placate the left when this will cost him votes from his base.
    The base is delusional.

It won’t cost him a single vote. They will be out there in their MAGA ball caps again and rallying hard to keep the red team in the White House.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    They will be out there in their MAGA ball caps again and rallying hard to keep the red team in the White House.
    This thread alone is proof of that. I see many wonderful Trumpsplanations that wouldn't happen if this were President Romney.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

That's what she said.
    I thought you lived on the west coast. You can't post in the middle of the night and get mad not one response to your fake news. Next you are going to make some argument that Hillary would of been a more effective neocon and Trump is digging his heels in the ground to stop the mcmasters. The truth is, this is the only thing Trump could do politically, but its still the deep state's attack against the 2nd amendment, death by a thousand cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    This thread alone is proof of that. I see many wonderful Trumpsplanations that wouldn't happen if this were President Romney.
    I would be calling bull$#@! if it was a president Paul too. That's the difference between Paul' supporters and populists. The media said that we were Rands harshest critics, and it was the truth. Now we know some of that was manufactured by the deep state since they started in 2014. Trump acting like he wasn't part of the action in 2014 is him trying to whitewash the fact that he was a cheerleader for Romney in 2012, I bet you he will be a cheerleader for Romney in 2018.

Ain't THAT the truth? For some, apparently, Trump can do no wrong.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Ain't THAT the truth? For some, apparently, Trump can do no wrong.
    What we have found out is that the government has been using tax dollars to rig elections not only in other countries but ours, but they funnel money tax money into special interest groups that pay people to sow discord so that people don't vote. We are going to argue over peoples infatuation with Trumps personality though, instead of take our country back like we should.

LOL

Bombing an empty airbase.
    Bump for those who are delusional and think Trump was actually going to implement gun control...

Sorry, he is smarter than you, and has really good lawyers. You really think Dianne Feinstein has better lawyers than Trump??

This thread is proof you posted fake news, Trump didn't pass any gun control.. it's not gun control if it isn't effective.

That isn't a Trumpsplanation, that is just reality.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump for those who are delusional and think Trump was actually going to implement gun control...

Sorry, he is smarter than you, and has really good lawyers. You really think Dianne Feinstein has better lawyers than Trump??
    He has the BEST lawyers, he has the BEST steaks...

I knew this whole thing was going to fizzle within 10 hours... totally called it. It always fizzles out within a day or two.. you have a few laggers who still think he means it, then nothing happens and everybody forgets that they were wrong last time when it happens again.

I can't believe some of you guys still aren't seeing the pattern here..

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast