Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parents Lose Custody of Daughter for Opposing Transgender Medical Treatments

Exclamation Parents Lose Custody of Daughter for Opposing Transgender Medical Treatments

Can't have a beer.

Can't buy a smoke.

Can't buy a gun.

Can't enter into a contract.

But you can subject yourself to genital mutilation and franken-hormone "therapy" to chemically and physically destroy yourself in a bid to turn yourself into something you will never be.

And if your parents and guardians object, you can use the power of the state to remove yourself from their wishes.

Because the state owns you.

And somehow, the ever-$#@!ed taxpayers and premium payers will foot the bill for your psychosis.

And we wonder why the Islamists call us "The Great Satan"?

Parents Lose Custody of Daughter for Opposing Transgender Medical Treatments

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...al-treatments/

by Dr. Susan Berry19 Feb 2018

Parents of a 17-year-old girl lost custody of their daughter for opposing her wish for transgender medical treatments.

Judge Sylvia Sieve Hendon of Hamilton County, Ohio has allowed the girl to be taken into the custody of her grandparents – who support her medical transition – allowing them to make decisions that will further along her physical transition to the opposite sex.

According to CNN, Hendon ordered that the family’s names not be released.

The parents reportedly continued to call their daughter by her given name, rather than a male name, and refused to consent to hormone treatments that were recommended by her medical team. The girl claimed she became suicidal as a result of her parents’ refusal to accept that she wanted to transition to a male.

“We think the grandparents are the ones who have an open mind and will … make this sort of decision best for the child,” said attorney Paul Hunt, who represents the court-appointed guardian ad litem. “The parents have clearly indicated that they’re not open to it.”

According to the news story, the parents argued their daughter was not “even close to being able to make such a life-altering decision at this time.” A county prosecutor, however, claimed the parents were opposed to their daughter transitioning to become a male because of their Christian religious beliefs.

Thomas Mellott, the girl’s attorney, said the teen was forced to attend a Catholic school where she had to wear dresses and use her birth name.

“It caused additional trauma and anxiety,” Mellott said. “When you lack all hope, and when [s]he thought this would all continue to happen to [her], the suicidal ideation became more pronounced, and that is how [s]he ended up where [s]he was.”

Karen Brinkman, attorney for the parents, however, argued:

If the maternal grandparents were to be given custody, it would simply be a way for the child to circumvent the necessity of parents’ consent. Parents believe custody of the child should be restored to them, so they can make the medical decisions they believe are in their child’s best interest until [the child] turns 18 years of age.

Hendon’s order allows the grandparents to petition to have their granddaughter’s name changed legally.

The ruling also requires the girl to be evaluated by a psychologist not associated with the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, the current treatment facility.

In her ruling, Hendon urged the Ohio state legislature to develop legislation to assist judges in evaluating a young person’s rights with regard to transgender treatments. Hendon wrote:

What is clear from the testimony presented in this case and the increasing worldwide interest in transgender care is that there is certainly a reasonable expectation that circumstances similar to the one at bar are likely to repeat themselves. That type of legislation would give a voice and a pathway to youth similarly situated as (the teen) without attributing fault to the parents and involving them in protracted litigation which can and does destroy a family unit.

Like the abortion industry – which has adopted the narrative that abortion is “women’s health care,” transgender activists are referring to prescribing hormone and surgical treatments for a gender-confused child as “transgender care.”

“This is a really critical time in a child’s life, and it can be frustrating for the process to take so long to help him,” said Corinne Green, policy coordinator for the Transgender Law Center, according to CNN. “There can be significant harm in delaying or withholding care of any kind.”

Nevertheless, Kaeley Triller, co-founder of Hands Across the Aisle Woman’s Coalition, tweeted, “This is insane,” in response to the court’s ruling on Twitter:

This is insane. https://t.co/Rel5rNB4H8

— Kaeley Triller (@KaeleyT) February 17, 2018

Triller’s organization consists of women from all points on the political spectrum who have joined together to challenge the narrative that gender is the equivalent of biological sex.

According to the news report, in 2016, the girl was “diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder, and gender dysphoria.”

A recent study released by the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) – in a state that is the first in the U.S. to adopt the LGBT rights agenda as part of a new history and social studies curriculum for children as young as the second grade – finds that gender “nonconforming” young people in California were more than twice as likely to have psychological problems than those comfortable with their biological sex.

According to the study, 17 percent of “gender nonconforming” respondents reported severe psychological distress, versus seven percent of “gender conforming” youth.

While the pro-LGBT UCLA study’s authors point to lack of acceptance of a young person’s chosen gender identity and victimization by family and others as primary causes of the psychological problems experienced by “gender nonconforming” young people, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-V) states that gender dysphoria, formerly called Gender Identity Disorder, in and of itself is a mental disorder.

“Over 90 percent of people who commit suicide have a diagnosed mental disorder, and there is no evidence that gender-dysphoric children who commit suicide are any different,” wrote Dr. Michelle Cretella, president of the American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds), at the Daily Signal.

ACPeds is a national organization representing pediatricians and other healthcare professionals.

“Many gender dysphoric children simply need therapy to get to the root of their depression, which very well may be the same problem triggering the gender dysphoria,” Cretella continued, adding that, “even in Sweden, which is among the countries most accepting of LGBT individuals, adults who undergo sex change surgeries have a suicide rate nearly 20 times greater than that of the general population.”

“Clearly, sex reassignment is not the solution to gender dysphoria,” she wrote.

Nationwide, fewer than one in 2400 adults have changed their names from one sex to the other sex, according to a study of the 2010 census.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Well , it is a judge and she went to law school so .........

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Parents of a 17-year-old girl lost custody of their daughter for opposing her wish for transgender medical treatments.
    This story would have been so different and easy to criticize had the kid not been a young adult. Had it been a 5 yr old or even 12 yr old child then I would definitely completely side with the parents. But 17 to me is an adult in my book and as such should be allowed to do anything they want with their body just as long as they do not harm others.

Another way of viewing this story is the courts are freeing this young adult from the bondage of the parents. Some people call it emancipation and this is why it sucks sometimes to be a parent because they have taken care of this child and raised him only for him to reward them by turning his back on them.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This story would have been so different and easy to criticize had the kid not been a young adult. Had it been a 5 yr old or even 12 yr old child then I would definitely completely side with the parents. But 17 to me is an adult in my book and as such should be allowed to do anything they want with their body just as long as they do not harm others.

Another way of viewing this story is the courts are freeing this young adult from the bondage of the parents. Some people call it emancipation and this is why it sucks sometimes to be a parent because they have taken care of this child and raised him only for him to reward them by turning his back on them.
    If she wishes to sign a contract relieving her parents of any responsibility for her actions and is able to finance this operation herself, then more power to her.

As it sounds, she isn't taking sole responsibility for herself and the state is going to provide a sex change surgery.

Ridiculous.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I get nauseous everytime that horrible avatar appears. Can't help but see those poor young girls being murdered by that monster....

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    I get nauseous everytime that horrible avatar appears. Can't help but see those poor young girls being murdered by that monster....
    Now here's one that cheers me up!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now here's one that cheers me up!
    Not saying he is Jesus but what he went through was probably similar to what Jesus went through at the hands of the Romans. But I bet it wouldn't piss u off if I showed u a pic of Jesus on the cross its the same way this pic doesn't piss me off. If anything this makes him more of a bad ass in my book cos he knew he could end up like this and still went along with it.

Please don't derail this thread and give the lunatic a chance to glorify the commie swine.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

According to the news report, in 2016, the girl was “diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder, and gender dysphoria.”
    There is the distinct possibility that some of these people are being given false hope that gender re-assignment will cure their underlying problems. It gives them a false hope. Even worse, at some point after they undergo the transition and the underlying conditions return, then they are really depressed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Please don't derail this thread and give the lunatic a chance to glorify the commie swine.
    sorry bout that...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There is the distinct possibility that some of these people are being given false hope that gender re-assignment will cure their underlying problems. It gives them a false hope. Even worse, at some point after they undergo the transition and the underlying conditions return, then they are really depressed.
    That makes sense.

sorry bout that...
    That's OK, I understand the impulse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Then they are put on even more meds.

It's a great racket.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The girl claimed she became suicidal as a result of her parents’ refusal to accept that she wanted to transition to a male.
    And who encouraged that thought process? Why the urgency?

She can lift weights, cut her hair short and wear men's clothes until she moves out of her parent's house. Plenty of women have done that with no need for a "sex-change". The people who tell her that it has to happen this year are making her situation worse.

The Judge is guilty of medical malpractice.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vote democrat in the next election. It's time for this country to go full retard so that the real revolution can begin.

How can you deny them a glimmer of hope? How can you be so cruel?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How can you deny them a glimmer of hope? How can you be so cruel?
    Hopeium addiction is good for you?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hopeium addiction is good for you?
    The politicians tell us it is true than it must be.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    If she wishes to sign a contract relieving her parents of any responsibility for her actions and is able to finance this operation herself, then more power to her.

As it sounds, she isn't taking sole responsibility for herself and the state is going to provide a sex change surgery.

Ridiculous.
    This should be where it stops. The fact that he is trying to get someone else to pay for the surgery is non of the parents business. I agree with govt sponsored healthcare being a problem but that is no reason for the courts to deny this your adult his request to go out of his own.

if people can think about this story without the reason for him wanting his freedom, I doubt anyone here would be against it. Imagine the headline.

Parents of a 17-year-old girl loses custody of their daughter for opposing their wish of going to 4 yr college and instead decides to go into the trades.
    Everybody supports the child regardless of how she plans on paying for this trade school.

This should be where it stops. The fact that he is trying to get someone else to pay for the surgery is non of the parents business. I agree with govt sponsored healthcare being a problem but that is no reason for the courts to deny this your adult his request to go out of his own.

if people can think about this story without the reason for him wanting his freedom, I doubt anyone here would be against it. Imagine the headline.

Everybody supports the child regardless of how she plans on paying for this trade school.
    With comments like this one supporting the state taking children from their parents it is a good thing you use Che as an avatar, it's just a shame you don't have a nice RED bar underlining it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bottom line... we're all owned by the state.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Well, the laws in Ohio are perhaps different from where anyone else may live.

Ohio law doesn't state the ages at which a minor is eligible for emancipation or able to provide legal consent to medical treatment.

However, Ohio law does indirectly provide for the emancipation of minors in some limited situations. While there is no statutory language specifically defining emancipation, Ohio courts will consider it on a case-by-case basis. But unlike in many other states, there is no legal process by which a minor may petition the court to become emancipated.

Minors (those under the age of 18) must prove that they can assume adult responsibilities and financially support themselves, but there must be some act or omission on the part of the parents. Usually, emancipation arises out of child support cases. And if you get married prior to reaching 18, the court may be more likely to emancipate you.

Minors in Ohio generally cannot provide consent to most medical procedures and must seek the consent of a parent or legal guardian instead. But the state allows so-called "mature minors," those 15 and older who are able to show a doctor that they have enough understanding to make such decisions on their own.
    http://statelaws.findlaw.com/ohio-la...ages-laws.html

So it is what it is and that, there, is how it is. Not saying it is right or wrong, it just is. Hell, my dad kicked me out at 17 here in N.C. Of course back then parents weren't required to pay for a kids education and upkeep into their 20's. At least these parents got off cheap.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It is a difficult subject but I would side with the individual themselves over the parent's claim to parental rights. As long as she demonstrates responsibility for her actions and is personally liable for them. Of course, the case could probably be made that the medical community and today's society has perverted a confused young adult's decision (much the way of a cult) and that therefore her choice to emancipate be rejected.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    It is a difficult subject but I would side with the individual themselves over the parent's claim to parental rights. As long as she demonstrates responsibility for her actions and is personally liable for them. Of course, the case could probably be made that the medical community and today's society has perverted a confused young adult's decision (much the way of a cult) and that therefore her choice to emancipate be rejected.
    But why does she need to demonstrate responsibility for her action to the parents? The fact that she wants to strike out on her own at least should absolve the parents of any responsibility going forward and that is all that should matters to them. She may want to be responsible for her own well being or want to transfer that responsibility to someone else. But this shouldn't affect the decision to be released from her parents.

That is all I am saying

With comments like this one supporting the state taking children from their parents it is a good thing you use Che as an avatar
    I don't know if you don't read too good, have a ragging blind hatred towards me or just trying to wind me up. But in my replies to this thread, I have made it clear that I consider a 17 yr old to be an adult and my support for this ruling lies in the fact that they are releasing a young adult from his parents. So seeing as you bring up children in a reply to me makes me think there is something really wrong with u.

it's just a shame you don't have a nice RED bar underlining it.
    Yea and we know its not from a lack of you trying but keep trying and just one day you will put me over. Just so you know, the fact that a person as dimwitted and partisan like you have a full green bar makes having a green bar not that meaningful anymore.

But why does she need to demonstrate responsibility for her action to the parents? The fact that she wants to strike out on her own at least should absolve the parents of any responsibility going forward and that is all that should matters to them. She may want to be responsible for her own well being or want to transfer that responsibility to someone else. But this shouldn't affect the decision to be released from her parents.

That is all I am saying
    There a few issues with what you posted.

1. She isn't striking out her own, she's going to grammas.

2. The parent's aren't necessarily absolved of any obligation to the child/young adult.

3. Not being financially responsible for the mistakes of your children is never going to be the only thing that matters.

4. It's a permanent surgery.

5. She isn't paying for it herself.

6. There was probably some influence by the farcical medical community influencing this decision.

7. If it does happen and there was a follow up, one would not be surprised to learn of regret for this decision.

It's not like she is just going to get a minimum wage job and try to provide a life for herself. She wants the state to pay for a serious surgery and one which a significant percentage of people who receive it end up regretting.

Perhaps her parents are rightly attempting to limit a dumbass kid's impulses to permanently harm or ruin their life?

The grass is always greener...

Only it never is.

I don't know if you don't read too good, have a ragging blind hatred towards me or just trying to wind me up. But in my replies to this thread, I have made it clear that I consider a 17 yr old to be an adult and my support for this ruling lies in the fact that they are releasing a young adult from his parents. So seeing as you bring up children in a reply to me makes me think there is something really wrong with u.
    Of course you choose to view the 17 year old as an adult, that is the only way to justify the state in this case.

A 17 year old is not an adult and she and the state can wait a year before facilitating her mental illness.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast