Thread: Early voting (primaries) begins today for Texas

Early voting (primaries) begins today for Texas

Any of my neighbors still here?

You can look up your local ballot here: https://ballotpedia.org/Sample_Ballot_Lookup

We have an opportunity to correct a few (GOP) mistakes this round.

Sid Miller is and has been an embarrassment at Ag Commissioner. He's got two challengers - Trey Blocker, a former lobbyist for Monsanto, and Jim Hogan, who ran as a Democrat last time and is a former dairy farmer and current insurance salesman.

Sharon Keller is running for re-election for Texas Court of Criminal Appeals and is being challenged by David Bridges. Keller is an embarrassment.

Jerry Patterson is also running for Public Land Commissioner again. Much better choice than Bush IMO.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best of luck .

Thanks for this.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

OK, so yesterday was primary election day. Looks like it was a typical election where most voters just voted for the incumbent no matter how $#@!ty he or she may be. *sigh*

I went to my precinct convention last night. Our precinct had 1100+ GOP voters two years ago and was allotted 46 delegates and 46 alternates for the upcoming Senate District convention. We had 7 people total show up for the precinct convention. lulz. Apparently our (ie. Texas') National Committeeman moved to our precinct within the last two years. He sat next to me at our meeting.

Hey, it wouldn't be politics without shenanigans, right? Well Galveston County is a complete cluster$#@! right now as the County Chairman published a list of meeting places for the precinct conventions that was not approved through the appropriate procedure. So there were two lists of different meeting places circulating and it's quite likely that folks who went to the places listed by the County Chair are going to get their credentials challenged and won't be able to participate at the State convention.