Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN’s Gagliano: The Founders ‘Could Not Envision’ an 18-Year-Old Buying ‘A Weapon of War'

Exclamation CNN’s Gagliano: The Founders ‘Could Not Envision’ an 18-Year-Old Buying ‘A Weapon of War'

CNN’s Gagliano: The Founders ‘Could Not Envision’ an 18-Year-Old Buying ‘A Weapon of War’

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...weapon-of-war/

On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “New Day,” CNN Law Enforcement Analyst and retired FBI Supervisory Special Agent James Gagliano stated that the Founding Fathers “could not envision that an 18-year-old kid could go in a gun store, he can’t buy beer, but he could buy a semiautomatic weapon, and it’s a weapon of war.”

Gagliano began by saying that the tip the FBI received about the Parkland shooter should have been passed on to an agent, and “somewhere along the way” there was a mistake in the handling of the tip.

Later on, after the discussion turned to gun control, Gagliano stated, “I’m a veteran. I’m a former law enforcement officer. I’m a gun owner. I have a concealed carry permit. I am a hunter. I’m the exact person who needs to step up and say, we invented gunpowder in 700 AD. The first guns were mid-14th century invented. The — 1791, the Second Amendment comes online. And here we are in 2018, and we’re hanging onto this and we’re going, ‘We just can’t talk about this. Because if we do that, we’re somehow going to tick off the Founding Fathers.’ The Founding Fathers could not envision that an 18-year-old kid could go in a gun store, he can’t buy beer, but he could buy a semiautomatic weapon, and it’s a weapon of war. … It has a collapsible stock. It has a pistol grip. It has detachable magazines. We have to make sure that those kinds of things don’t fall into the hands of somebody like this.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amazing, this guy never heard of the "child" soldiers of the Minutemen, who all were expected to have their own infantry capable weapons ready to muster along with themselves.

No, what they would find amazing is not that they could buy weapons, but that they could not buy beer.

I’m a former law enforcement officer.
    Why doesn't that surprise me?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

An 18 year old during the Revolution war probably already was married and had kids. Likely was shooting game since 10. Another thing this guy thinks a musket can not be used as weapon of war, let him stand in front of one.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Retired FBI Supv . , not surprising . Idiot . How do any of you think america will ever be great ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Retired FBI Supv . , not surprising . Idiot . How do any of you think america will ever be great ?
    The game is steal and sell. What do they teach in schools now?

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    An 18 year old during the Revolution war probably already was married and had kids. Likely was shooting game since 10. Another thing this guy thinks a musket can not be used as weapon of war, let him stand in front of one.
    Exactly.

Also, I believe the militias mentioned in the 2nd Amendment were made of local men 14 & up who protected their community.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Amazing, this guy never heard of the "child" soldiers of the Minutemen, who all were expected to have their own infantry capable weapons ready to muster along with themselves.

No, what they would find amazing is not that they could buy weapons, but that they could not buy beer.
    I could never figure out why, in today's crazy world, an 18 yr old couldn't legally drink but could join the military and kill people.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    CNN’s Gagliano: The Founders ‘Could Not Envision’ an 18-Year-Old Buying ‘A Weapon of War’
    They also could not envision morons running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I could never figure out why, in today's crazy world, an 18 yr old couldn't legally drink but could join the military and kill people.
    I believe the idea is that guns don't alter your judgement but alcohol does, also the brain isn't finished developing until sometime in your twenties and can be adversely affected by alcohol.

It's not government's business but there is some logic to it.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 02-20-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    ^^^The founders' greatest mistake^^^

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I believe the idea is that guns don't alter your judgement but alcohol does, also the brain isn't finished developing until sometime in your twenties and can be adversely affected by alcohol.

It's not governments business but there is some logic to it.
    Ah, so just drug 'em instead.
    There is no spoon.

Thank the mad mothers, who brought us that, and have been cackling the loudest to confiscate weapons.

Saaaaffffffeeeettttttyyyyyy

friendly fire happens all the time in warfare, we don't ban our military

ba dumm tsssh
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

It's not government's business but there is some logic to it.
    Yes - off topic but your brain does continue to develop in your twenties, and we probably don't know how dependent you can become on it. It can be a hell of a drug, I suppose you could say I have a lot of anxiety. At work one of my colleagues has said "you literally can't talk to him" (in a jestful way that apparently my face was getting red at talking about some off work antics, but the statement stands); and at the after-work happy hours I am literally the life of the party that numerous people have really enjoyed (being serious even, lol).
    -I just put that out there because I remember in Health Ed they teach a bunch of nonsense such as "alcohol is actually a depressant", "a drink is a drink" (when it literally isn't ... 6% alcohol has 50% more alcohol than a 4% beer). So, I recently read an article that makes a lot more sense. Alcoholism exists for a reason, because alcohol works. It definitely relieves anxiety/inhibition and it can definitely serve as a crutch. Until it doesn't. Then you have a crippling addiction. I can't add too much to that point because I don't drink to address life's problems and don't plan on becoming an alcoholic haha.

Not that government drinking age actually helps anything. Something easily addressed by family/education/culture. Europe has drinking ages of 16 and I haven't heard of crippling alcoholism rates and how they need to be more like the US. Kinda reminds me of what one person said - do you need government to tell you not to do heroin?

Back on topic, this guy is a real moron. Wow, so the founders who literally wanted a militia of the people would be angry that weapons were now readily available and the dream was right at their fingertips? Specifically for the age of people who would be drafted into the militia? Holy $#@! man, what a dumb ass talking point.

Good times though. I walked into work at 4PM, the TV had some "17 people dead" headline, people were talking about how tragic the shooting was. I actually work in a real laid back environment and it's all guys, so I sat down and literally said "This is the most irrational thing I've ever seen in my life. That was a gun free zone, how the hell did he get a gun in there?" Kind of funny, sort of, one guy looked at me with an expression of "right? (it's retarded)", another laughed haha.

I continue to state that we don't have a gun problem, we have a gun-free zone problem. How many people have died in gun free zones? The most ridiculous thing was I literally didn't know where the shooting was at when I blurted out my remark. And was I wrong? Not even close. We don't have mass shooting problems anywhere else other than these gun-free (killing) zones. Fix that first and maybe I'll be more willing to talk about solutions to whatever the next supposed problem is.

Or, you know what - go ahead and take the guns. Believe it or not, we actually established a government 230 years ago that detailed the process for these things. Call a constitutional convention and come up with the new rules, anything less is illegal and actually makes you a criminal.
    Last edited by 106459; 02-20-2018 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Fixed bolding

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Founding Fathers could not envision that an 18-year-old kid could go in a gun store, he can’t buy beer, but he could buy a semiautomatic weapon, and it’s a weapon of war. … It has a collapsible stock. It has a pistol grip. It has detachable magazines. We have to make sure that those kinds of things don’t fall into the hands of somebody like this.”
    but I'd wager this $#@!stick has no problem putting an even more deadly gun in the hands of the same teenager for free and shipping him off to kill people/kids in a foreign country.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I think they could.
    What they couldn't envision is a bunch of fatass, complacent, entitled, self-absorbed, and incompetent nativists allowing it to happen.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Really? Who do you think fought the revolution?

Because we live in a world that is incredibly hypocritical. "You do as I say and not as I do."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    but I'd wager this $#@!stick has no problem putting an even more deadly gun in the hands of the same teenager for free and shipping him off to kill people/kids in a foreign country.
    Or hell, give em a badge and keep him here. He still gets the "war weapons".

Quote Originally Posted by 106459 View Post

I continue to state that we don't have a gun problem, we have a gun-free zone problem. How many people have died in gun free zones? The most ridiculous thing was I literally didn't know where the shooting was at when I blurted out my remark. And was I wrong? Not even close. We don't have mass shooting problems anywhere else other than these gun-free (killing) zones. Fix that first and maybe I'll be more willing to talk about solutions to whatever the next supposed problem is.
    ^^^THIS^^^

When I say this to my "guns are evil" friends they literally are dumb-founded.
    There is no spoon.

its not a gun problem. Its a mental health problem.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Founding Father's could not properly envision the destruction and infestation of a standing domestic army.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    its not a gun problem. Its a mental health problem.
    Don't feed that narrative so they can push a solution like using metadata to come pick undesirables up in a white van and put them them on crazy meds! We don't need a government solution to government caused problems. The solution is less government, I think a lot of the problem is the crazy meds they put people on. Maybe the problem isn't the person but its the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    I think they could.
    What they couldn't envision is a bunch of fatass, complacent, entitled, self-absorbed, and incompetent nativists allowing it to happen.
    You beat me to it. This is where the problem lies. However, those running the country purposely created those fatass, complacent, entitled, self-absorbed, and incompetent nativists.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You beat me to it. This is where the problem lies. However, those running the country purposely created those fatass, complacent, entitled, self-absorbed, and incompetent nativists.
    Yep. It's called public schools.
    There is no spoon.

Is his name really Gagliano?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast